Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (64950 Views)

The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

I keep asking what gelegele mean in bini, dey dont always answer

First contact with any European was made by Oba Ewuare the Great{About 1440AD-1473AD} when Ruy De Sequeira visited Benin City in 1472.The Portuguese came via the Atlantic Ocean and they finally landed in Gele Gele Sea Port in Benin Nation.The Gele Gele Sea Port was from then onward used predominantly for their legitimate trade with Benin Nation.It is also record that slaves

(illegitimate trade) were also conveyed from the region via the Gele Gele Sea Port to Europe. Factually the Portuguese and British Government used the Gele Gele Sea Port extensively for more than half a century before the 1897 infamous British punitive expedition. This historic Sea Port site is today part of Benin kingdom historical sites.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
There have been many great Obas of Benin. Three of them include EWUARE the GREAT about 1440 A.D who was the first Oba of Benin to come into contact with Europeans and built Gelegele port.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nowenuse: 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rett0:

The Oba is a central power in Edo State. There are Enogies and Chiefs but no other king in Edo state. Allowing the crowning of another king is a threat to the Kingdom. I think the VP holding meetings with stakeholders of Benin regarding Gelegele in the absence of the Ijaws there caused all these.
Dialogue still remains the key.

So, you mean the Otaru of Auchi kingdom is not a king and just a chief? Can you go and say that in Auchi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nowenuse: 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
spartacus11:

Oga

Edo south is 100% benin,

Edo Central is 100% Esan and

Edo north is where you have different tribes

Ijaw is not from Edo south and can never be

Ijaw are settlers

Edo south is not 100% bini, what about the Ika speaking communities of Igbanke, Iru e.t.c?

Edo central is not 100% Ishan because there are Igala speaking communities in Ilushi (around Ubiaja).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by FisifunKododada: 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

You are just an Ignorant obori, go and read the statement by the edo state government, b4 bring dis ur yoruba man logic into this

Please don't drag Yoruba into your Ijaw-Benin fracas. Settle yourselves by yourselves. E no concern us. And laudate is a cool nigga but he ain't Yoruba. Stop labeling people wrongly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by GavelSlam: 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
ernieboy:

who told u? the fact that they were allowed to settle there years ago does not make it theirs. for example there are so many hamlets in various Benin villages where non indgenes like the urhobos were allowed to settle, does that mean the land now belongs to them?

Can't you answer a simple question?

If Gelegele is under Bini authority, please tell me which Bini person can point to the place as his/ her ancestral home?

What does Gelegele mean in Bini language?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by fejikudz(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

When did they settle & conquer bini people and name their land under the watch of ur spartacus oba, I need time frame
Bros, u dey provoke o.. seems you are from that gelegele community o.?? Concerning ofoni being an ijaw clan, i think i have a contradicting evidence to that.. i will post it later
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by ernieboy(m): 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
GavelSlam:

If Gelegele is under Bini authority, please tell me which Bini person can point to the place as his/ her ancestral home?

the original name of that place is ughoton. just like I told u about various farming hamlets the people who settle there sometimes give it a name in their language but in Benin we generally just call camps or hamlets (agor).

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
Edoloaded:

First contact with any European was made by Oba Ewuare the Great{About 1440AD-1473AD} when Ruy De Sequeira visited Benin City in 1472.The Portuguese came via the Atlantic Ocean and they finally landed in Gele Gele Sea Port in Benin Nation.The Gele Gele Sea Port was from then onward used predominantly for their legitimate trade with Benin Nation.It is also record that slaves

(illegitimate trade) were also conveyed from the region via the Gele Gele Sea Port to Europe. Factually the Portuguese and British Government used the Gele Gele Sea Port extensively for more than half a century before the 1897 infamous British punitive expedition. This historic Sea Port site is today part of Benin kingdom historical sites.
What does the name mean in bini language, you have successfully proven its an ancient community by that time frame "1440AD-1473AD ", unless the "settling " Ijaws conquered and named Gelegele in Ijaw language
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
ernieboy:

the original name of that place is ughoton. just like I told u about various farming hamlets the people who settle there sometimes give it a name in their language but in Benin we generally just call camps or hamlets (agor).
Can you show any ancient documents calling it ughoton, because the Portuguese that came in 1440AD-1473AD recorded its name as Gelegele
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Oria1999: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nowenuse:

Edo south is not 100% bini, what about the Ika speaking communities of Igbanke, Iru e.t.c?

Edo central is not 100% Ishan because there are Igala speaking communities in Ilushi (around Ubiaja).
igala is even up to 4%.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Please don't drag Yoruba into your Ijaw-Benin fracas. Settle yourselves by yourselves. E no concern us. And laudate is a cool nigga but he ain't Yoruba. Stop labeling people wrongly.

Thank you, o!undecided See as he has been barking up the wrong tree, despite all my warnings. No mind the yeye man.... sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by ijawcitizen(m): 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
ernieboy:

Benin land grabbers? are u aware there is an existing supreme court judgement that dates back to about 2 decades ago which was won by the binis?
Court victory won thru the backdoor using Yoruba federal influence.... Before the illegal legal judgement in favour of the binis in the supreme court, we (Ijaws) won ALL the cases in the high court right in your own turf in Benin city before it was taken to the supreme court for a supreme manipulation
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by ijawcitizen(m): 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
ernieboy:

who told u? the fact that they were allowed to settle there years ago does not make it theirs. for example there are so many hamlets in various Benin villages where non indgenes like the urhobos were allowed to settle, does that mean the land now belongs to them?
Ayam not sure you even know the road to Gelegelegbene else you won't be making such senseless statements
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by xpool(m): 12:00am On Nov 17, 2017
comos:

stop talking nonsense,

will you accept if the Binis crown one of their own as Oba of onitsha in Anambra state ?
Is the place in question Benin ; I mean bini, not an annex.?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by gozzlin: 12:17am On Nov 17, 2017
comos:

stop talking nonsense,

will you accept if the Binis crown one of their own as Oba of onitsha in Anambra state ?

Your analogy doesn't make sense cos the man was crowned Pere of Olodiama not Oba of Bini. These people are Ijaw and not Bini people, therefore, they have absolute right to have their own king. You can't have a yoruba king over hausa people, likewise you can't have a Bini king over Ijaws.

This is no longer the 17th century when the Binis claimed to have an empire that extended to various other lands and tribes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by xjiggy: 2:45am On Nov 17, 2017
Godjone:
WHAT IS THEIR OFFENCE NOW

OBA DEY DO HIN OWN, THEM TOO DEY DO THEIR OWN. WE SHOULD LEARN TO LIVE IN PEACE WITH ONE ANOTHER BECAUSE I REMEMBERED IN THAT SAME BENIN TOWARDS THE UWELU AXIS WHERE IGBOS NORMALLY SELL MOTO PARTS, THEY USE TO HAVE A CHIEF CALLED EZE IGBO AND THE HAUSAS ARROUND ERRIEN UPPER SAKPONBA Axis also have their chief SARKIN HAUSAWA.
Hot shyt fall on you
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 17, 2017
tjmc:
U no go understand
Me Dön pray tire for defence the Christian way but seems the people wey dey disturb na strong women. One na confirmed witch the other worships mammy water. And they don't rest. I need good protection against them

Nobody strong pass God, me no fit refer you to them oh, leave am to God. Na im sure pass.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Dsov2016: 8:02am On Nov 17, 2017
Tamakay:

You are a disgrace to d Ijaw nation. When you don't know your right from your left. Because other Ijaw communities are paying homage to the Oba so therefore Gelegele should pay such homages? The Gelegele community is not that timid like the community you descended from.
Like you said Myth. myth is myth, reality is reality. The land is reddish in nature therefore it is people's blood that makes it red? What about my village red soul? Is it Bini people's blood? Is this type of myopic and illiteracy your people produce that is why your community is still paying homage up till now#Ayebe.

Like I said, the Ijaws have what it takes to contain the Binis in all ramifications.

dude be careful what u wish for. what u think u can try in other places u do not dare it in benin. benin is a place were the line between myth\ reality\fiction is blurred. why do you think people maintain when oba talks, abi u think its only respect. yes respect will always be there but with the average benin respect does not go far. no what is the main case is fear. ask people about what happened at udo, about whose spirit still awaits under the lake waiting for a call and how it happened it the mid 2000s.ask about how fear does not allow you go around oba market as from around 7pm until recently, ask about what happened at evotubu area around 2008. ask about ikpoba river/ bridge. you are just saying what you are saying because you do not reside in benin or have no taken time to study them. ask about the role of the esogban . if not for Christianity as I posted earlier and education your ijaw guys would have seen what they are looking for, ask about wat Benin do to foreigners who come to claim their land. FYI an area around upper ekenwan/asoro is still believed by many as benin underworld so if you dare go there and call any of your lost loved ones but be careful they might drag you to the other side. pls I am begging you if you can cash the check you mouth I dare u to go therr

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:03am On Nov 17, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

Obaseki will intervene, just watch how your Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom would be arrested and handcuffed like a criminal then put in jail.

It's like you want us to give you Ijaw people quick notice from that community. Make una back off
Go and arrest him & give Ijaws quick notice in their kingdom, what are you waiting for
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2017
Dsov2016:

dude be careful what u wish for. what u think u can try in other places u do not dare it in benin. benin is a place were the line between myth\ reality\fiction is blurred. why do you think people maintain when oba talks, abi u think its only respect. yes respect will always be there but with the average benin respect does not go far. no what is the main case is fear. ask people about what happened at udo, about whose spirit still awaits under the lake waiting for a call and how it happened it the mid 2000s.ask about how fear does not allow you go around oba market as from around 7pm until recently, ask about what happened at evotubu area around 2008. ask about ikpoba river/ bridge. you are just saying what you are saying because you do not reside in benin or have no taken time to study them. ask about the role of the esogban . if not for Christianity as I posted earlier and education your ijaw guys would have seen what they are looking for, ask about wat Benin do to foreigners who come to claim their land. FYI an area around upper ekenwan/asoro is still believed by many as benin underworld so if you dare go there and call any of your lost loved ones but be careful they might drag you to the other side. pls I am begging you if you can cash the check you mouth I dare u to go therr
Stop this your tales by moonlight and act on your threats, the Governor is bini man so nothing should hold him back, go and arrest the pere of Olodiama kingdom
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Dsov2016: 8:23am On Nov 17, 2017
nengibo:

Stop issuing threats, nobody is under your Oba of Benin apart from the bini ppl, The Ijaws are peace loving people but will not hesitate to protect our God given land and resources from our enemies, instead of bini ppl to work to unite Niger delta dey want to join the hausa-fulani dominated government to fight their brother, slap yourself for me

stfu you up jumped land grabber.
1. gele-gele is not any ijaw God given land pls go and do research. its name is even a benin phrase gele- gele (literally true true)
2. you are really a funny individual when Jonathan was president you and urs did not realise that Nigeria was Hausa Fulani dominated(it is because of this mentality that I have said that Africa is not ripe for Democracy)
3. benin has always defended the unity of Nigeria and its independence of foreign masters. just scroll thru ur history and u will see what prominent benin sons have done for this country's unity
4. about benin uniting Niger delta go back and look at how benin even though was under acn voted for Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2017
The ijaws here are wasting their time really instead of typing rubbish why not go and collect the land yourselves and watch what will befall you all and your lineage no need to dey bark all I can say is you guys should do your worst let's see who is going to loose at the end
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:09am On Nov 17, 2017
Dsov2016:

stfu you up jumped land grabber.
1. gele-gele is not any ijaw God given land pls go and do research. its name is even a benin phrase gele- gele (literally true true)
2. you are really a funny individual when Jonathan was president you and urs did not realise that Nigeria was Hausa Fulani dominated(it is because of this mentality that I have said that Africa is not ripe for Democracy)
3. benin has always defended the unity of Nigeria and its independence of foreign masters. just scroll thru ur history and u will see what prominent benin sons have done for this country's unity
4. about benin uniting Niger delta go back and look at how benin even though was under acn voted for Jonathan
Binis are a confused set no be only true true, na lie lie, any body who has listened or seen edoid languages, would know how its words are formed, bini words don't repeat. If na lie show me a sentence with such usage, bloody liar

Before I never saw the reason why Igbos hate bini people so much, they are pure traitors and should be in south west with their likes.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 9:22am On Nov 17, 2017
Edoloaded:
The ijaws here are wasting their time really instead of typing rubbish why not go and collect the land yourselves and watch what will befall you all and your lineage no need to dey bark all I can say is you guys should do your worst let's see who is going to loose at the end
We are in our land as we have always been, with our Pere siting on his throne, as the Portuguese even met us there, you on the other are not living anywhere in Olodiama kingdom or any other Ijaw clan there unless you are paying rent to an Ijaw landlord, if you are tell me the name of the address of your house
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by In4matic: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Really, I have discovered that most ijaw people (save for a small handful of educated ijaws) are troublesome and wasteful people with a nomad-like ancestry.

Theirs is like a parasite that threatens to kill its host forgetting that, it was the magnanimity of the host that gave them a feeding ground in the first place.
That you are accommodated to trade, farm or fish on a piece of land doesn't give you overlordship.

That is how the Ijaws have laid claims to Aladja land in Udu,
They have also attempted same in Itshekiri lands, claiming that the name "Warri" is similar to the ijaw word for "house", therefore Warri belongs to them,
Same thing in Ilaje lands and I hear they are doing the same thing in Rivers.

When any of their hosts protest, rather than bring documented proof of ownership, they'll begin to threaten
that they are militants
That they have numerical strength and the ijaw nation is one
That they will mobilise their footsoldiers from ondo to Rivers to fight you

Blood, War, bloodshed, blah, blah blah....

They forget some simple facts,
The itsekiri is a small tribe, and their war with okere uhrobo or aladja uhrobo was not fought by the whole of uhrobo land nor did the whole of Yoruba land participate in their war with ilaje.

They forget that Benin birthed the isoko tribe and the Uhrobo tribes, the itsekiri, ika, isselle Uku and Onitsha tribes were founded by Bini princes and still maintain strong ties with the Oba of Benin.

They forget that the Oba of Benin is a blood cousin of the Ooni of Ife, The Alaafin of Oyo etc being descended from the legendary Oduduwa(Izieduwa).

The ijaws have never taken on a foe as big as the royal stool of the most revered dynasty in the south south.

I ask the ijaws a simple question, can they trace their Peres lineage of ancestral kings back to the last 200 years? In not, then they have no true kings

Ijaws don't own Ughoton , ijaws don't own gele gele, Respect the State Govt , Respect the Courts judgment, Respect the Elders wisdom, they all can't be wrong!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 17, 2017
nengibo:

We are in our land as we have always been, with our Pere siting on his throne, as the Portuguese even met us there, you on the other are not living anywhere in Olodiama kingdom or any other Ijaw clan there unless you are paying rent to an Ijaw landlord, if you are tell me the name of the address of your house

you pere that will soon start dancing to mo hits kpere in OKO prison very soon abi
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 10:56am On Nov 17, 2017
Edoloaded:

you pere that will soon start dancing to mo hits kpere in OKO prison very soon abi
Your dry jokes wont change anything. He is on the throne of his fathers
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2017
nengibo:

Your dry jokes wont change anything. He is on the throne of his fathers

lol I nor even know why I dey follow u argue the state govt has already issued the arrest warrant go to the Edo state government House and beat him...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Tamakay(m): 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2017
Dsov2016:

You are very funny here. Have you heard of Egbesu? How 7 goats were sacrificed legs and hands tied and thrown to the sea and seven days later, those goats afloats alive with their eyes gouged? Allow fear and myth envelope your reasoning. As for the Ijaws, we deal with reality. The people have crowned their king already and there's nothing the Oba can do about it. Now that the Ijaws are angry with the Federal Govt., because of undevelopment and the Avengers warming up, this is a good avenue for the Ijaws to change the music. Like I said before, the Ijaws have what it takes to contain the Binis in terms of influence, money, rituals, war veterans, juju, charms etc
They have crowned their King already so...all Ijaws are monitoring the development and we cannot be cowed by mythical treat as you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Kfed4ril(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2017
nengibo:

It isn't the same thing, Ijaws are native to Edo unlike those tribes you mentioned its just politics

And who said Igbos ain’t native to edo state?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS / Showcasing Igbo culture / The Afar People (redone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.