Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,371 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (64898 Views)

The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
Tamakay:

Good luck bro.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

Una just wan kill person with laugh for here today... cheesy
Igbo man wey dey join Bini people celebrate
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:
Onye Afonja
nengibo:
Igbo man wey dey join Bini people celebrate
Did I tell you that I am Igbo? Why do you like jumping to conclusions like this? First, you claimed I was Yoruba. I asked you to prove it. You could not. Now you are claiming that I am Igbo? How?? shocked

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
rigarmortis:
Oga shut your mouth or face the man without typing your Google translation Igbo here.
Where is the Google translation here? Is that what you use to make sense of the Igbo language?

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
laudate:

Did I tell you that I am Igbo? Why do you like jumping to conclusions like this? First, you claimed I was Yoruba. I asked you to prove it. You could not. Now you are claiming that I am Igbo? How?? shocked
You no wan speak dat google Igbo again? Afonja
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by lx3as(m): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Sorry I didn't mean it as an insult, I meant that Yoruba people who are bigger than bini that is one state(not even 100%) didn't try to marginilize d Ijos to that extent, nobody wants war, but the truth should be spoken

One love Bro.

We all have equal footing in Ondo State and we're already rebuilding our trust in one another.
We grew up listening to Iroyin and Egberi on OSRC then, attending the same Schools. It's even hard differentiating Apoi man from Ikale person; even Arogbo Ijaws now. The Same applies to Edo groups like Owans, etc

We really need peace and unity in the South.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:
You no wan speak dat google Igbo again? Afonja
Na wa, o! First you said I was Igbo, now you are calling me Afonja. You keep calling everyone Afonja without any proof to back it up. Did those Afonja people cook something for you? Is that why you are chanting their name like this?

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by UyiIredia(m): 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
fatiaforreal:

Your analysis is factual as far as the importance of the area to Benin from time immemorial, but I see a lot of ignorance in people's reaction on this thread. I don't have enough fact to make pronouncement on historical ownership of Gelegele but I know for certain NO ONE IS OLDER THAN THAN THE IJAW EVEN IN BENIN. Yes, they've made troubles here and there, claiming what's theirs as well as what belong to others. In fact, they were in Benin before moving on to the likes of Delta, Rivers , etc. They're one of the most ancient people in Africa, they've just been poor in projecting their history unlike others.

NO ONE IS OLDER THAN THAN THE IJAW EVEN IN BENIN

Ignorance talking.

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
UyiIredia:

NO ONE IS OLDER THAN THAN THE IJAW EVEN IN BENIN

Ignorance talking.

Don't think Ijaw is a 1/4 state ethnic nationality like bini, we have gotten to every office & level obtainable in Nigeria and have a strong community in diaspora, can bini ppl match that, if not for Ijaw people & others who have fought & died where will dis ur bini ppl be
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by erico2k2(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
enomakos:
you think a war is won by bullet?
Yes.tell me what war was not won by bullets and amo ? ?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by perryy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
Godjone:
WHAT IS THEIR OFFENCE NOW

OBA DEY DO HIN OWN, THEM TOO DEY DO THEIR OWN. WE SHOULD LEARN TO LIVE IN PEACE WITH ONE ANOTHER BECAUSE I REMEMBERED IN THAT SAME BENIN TOWARDS THE UWELU AXIS WHERE IGBOS NORMALLY SELL MOTO PARTS, THEY USE TO HAVE A CHIEF CALLED EZE IGBO AND THE HAUSAS ARROUND ERRIEN UPPER SAKPONBA Axis also have their chief SARKIN HAUSAWA.

No offence till another man shares Ur wife with u.
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by perryy(m): 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
Guyman02:
But those Ijaws are from Edo state and are not Bini people, so why does Bini people want to put them under their jurisdiction?

In that case, let them go to Bayelsa. All kings are under the governor, who gave the ijaw clown the staff of office ?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
NLevents:

what does "ewwww" mean? i hope you are educated
lol.... The sound of it just sounds feminine.... Too girlish....
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by UyiIredia(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
rigarmortis:

The oba is not Lord over all Edo state, be guided, so Ika people in igbanke who have a separate identify, who the Benin built moats to keep them away should be under the oba just because their land was carved into another state, their ancestral land that they having been living in for ages. What about the auchi people, they are also under the oba?

Think am Bro

Ignorance again. The Ika (of Edo) and Auchi people have been under the Oba a long time. This is stupid. Your statement is as idiotic as saying there was nothing like a Bini empire. In particular the Ika language is known as a mixture of bini and igbo languages

https://www.nairaland.com/396437/history-ika-people-umunede

" Ika people speak the Ika language which has both elements of Benin and Igbo,"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ika_people
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by jbhitler(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
buskie13:
I typical Ijaw man is troublesome, don't ask me why
close your dirty mouth up.dont worry,we will know who is who in that state? you people should be ready for sleepless nights.we dont make noise,watch out for action!
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by ijawcitizen(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
The Pere of Olodiama sits on the throne of his forefathers in Ikoro community. Binis and all haters do your worst.

You shall all soon learn a very important lesson why no single Ijaw community was ever subjugated under Bini rule in the fossilized Bini empire where they subjugated igbos and Yoruba's.

We Ijaws stand firm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by writeprof(m): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
What were they doing before it got to this level? That coronation is not something done out of the blues.
The Gov./CSO should handle it with care and wisdom because it shows he does not know what is going on in his state..
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
The ijaws were never and will never be part of Edo state if you guys like hit your head on the wall. E nor consign anybody all you can do is wail at the end of the day na Una go still loose if you like deploy all your useless millitants to that area I bet you they will all be wiped out.. make I just tell Una u guys better just manage the delta state wey una dey see these fools wan claim the Bight of Benin if to say una be Edo indegines during the separation of Edo and delta state the Edo state govt would've recognise u guys as one of the ethnic groups in Benin funny enough Una wan claim land wey dey ovia north Ovia na ijaw name abi make una better go ask Una ancestors wether nor be trade carry them come that land before thunder strike Una dead wether una like am or not gelegele na Benin land. abi Benin fit go dey claim Lagos before our ancestors once dwelled there... even check the official website of the Edo state govt wether Una go see anything like ijaw . useless people
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
perryy:

In that case, let them go to Bayelsa. All kings are under the governor, who gave the ijaw clown the staff of office ?
All kings are under Governors now The sultan of Sokoto is under the governor of sokoto. Say no to drugs
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
Edoloaded:
The ijaws were never and will never be part of Edo state if you guys like hit your head on the wall. E nor consign anybody all you can do is wail at the end of the day na Una go still loose if you like deploy all your useless millitants to that area I bet you they will all be wiped out.. make I just tell Una u guys better just manage the delta state wey una dey see these fools wan claim the Bight of Benin if to say una be Edo indegines during the separation of Edo and delta state the Edo state govt would've recognise u guys as one of the ethnic groups in Benin funny enough Una wan claim land wey dey ovia north Ovia na ijaw name abi make una better go ask Una ancestors wether nor be trade carry them come that land before thunder strike Una dead wether una like am or not gelegele na Benin land. abi Benin fit go dey claim Lagos before our ancestors once dwelled there... even check the official website of the Edo state govt wether Una go see anything like ijaw . useless people
Ovia is a local government name not the identity of a people, what you should have argued is that gelegele is an bini word, but that will be a very blatant lie, Ijaws have been present in their land from time in memorial, it is on record that the Ijaws ferried the binis to lagos state, Edo state is a creation out of bendel unless you will say that Ijaws also just appeared in Delta state. Be guided
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by buskie13(m): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
jbhitler:
close your dirty mouth up.dont worry,we will know who is who in that state? you people should be ready for sleepless nights.we dont make noise,watch out for action!
Go and do whatever you wish Mr clean mouth,ijaw people that cannot pronounce alphabet sounds correctly, why should I worry

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
buskie13:
Go and do whatever you wish Mr clean mouth,ijaw people that cannot pronounce alphabet sounds correctly, why should I worry
Sticks & stones, wer bini don reach for Nigeria, people who will become Yoruba in the next 10 years
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by EgusiShankly: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:
Where wer all dese bini land grabbers during Gej's tenure, this should be the question, but they should be aware that a fight against the Ijaws of Edo state is a fight against the entire Ijaw nation
nor be only ijaw nation,na ijaw continent..... yeye
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
EgusiShankly:
nor be only ijaw nation,na ijaw continent..... yeye
Yimu
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Ovia is a local government name not the identity of a people, what you should have argued is that gelegele is an bini word, but that will be a very blatant lie, Ijaws have been present in their land from time in memorial, it is on record that the Ijaws ferried the binis to lagos state, Edo state is a creation out of bendel unless you will say that Ijaws also just appeared in Delta state. Be guided

During the creation of the state the state govt never recognized the ijaws as one of the ethic groups in the state so tell me why should we now that we have decided to build a seaport in that area. Why is it that when the state was being created they didn't cry out but are doing so now because of the economical potential of the area which the state government has decided to harness

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by buskie13(m): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:

Sticks & stones, wer bini don reach for Nigeria, people who will become Yoruba in the next 10 years
oya come play your game na,Bayelsa state go tire una
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by tjmc: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
U no go understand
Me Dön pray tire for defence the Christian way but seems the people wey dey disturb na strong women. One na confirmed witch the other worships mammy water. And they don't rest. I need good protection against them
Blackfyre:

I give you the best defense instead, the Bible and the acceptance of Christ. That one an free of charge and it doesn't come with any price smiley
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
Edoloaded:

During the creation of the state the state govt never recognized the ijaws as one of the ethic groups in the state so tell me why should we now that we have decided to build a seaport in that area. Why is it that when the state was being created they didn't cry out but are doing so now because of the economical potential of the area which the state government has decided to harness
I keep asking what gelegele mean in bini, dey dont always answer
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by ernieboy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
But Gelegele is Ijaw land na.

Can any Bini man point to his ancestral home in Gelegele?
who told u? the fact that they were allowed to settle there years ago does not make it theirs. for example there are so many hamlets in various Benin villages where non indgenes like the urhobos were allowed to settle, does that mean the land now belongs to them?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by eulogy: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:

stop talking nonsense,

will you accept if the Binis crown one of their own as Oba of onitsha in Anambra state ?
stop talking rubbish. Is the tiile pere of Benin?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by ernieboy(m): 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
nengibo:
Where wer all dese bini land grabbers during Gej's tenure, this should be the question, but they should be aware that a fight against the Ijaws of Edo state is a fight against the entire Ijaw nation
Benin land grabbers? are u aware there is an existing supreme court judgement that dates back to about 2 decades ago which was won by the binis?

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nowenuse: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
comos:

Any fight against the Binis is a fight against the Edo nation (Bini, Ishan, Afemai, uhrobo, Isoko, Kwale, e.t.c )

Lets see if the ijaw can match us

Oga don't deceive yourself. No Ishan, Auchi or Urhobo person will die for Bini people or Bini kingdom o.

Ijaw is one united tribe all over Nigeria from Ondo to Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers and even up to Akwa Ibom.
Bini people are on their own, one tribe in one senatorial district alone. You people have never recognized the Ishans, Auchi and Ikas as equals, why claim them now when there is problem? Fight your battle alone!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife / Excited Masquerade Poses With Catholic Priest After Meeting Him On The Road.PICS / Showcasing Igbo culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.