Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (10596 Views)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? / Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by spiderman(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2010
pls tell me, who changed the name of the thread?
i think "electricity outbreak" was quite accurate.
having gone through long periods of darkness
this is indeed an electricity outbreak and u know,
we also have this outbreak in Kano.
where i live anyway.

but we sef,
light no dey, na complain
light dey, we say e too much
na wao!!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by bayo1(m): 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
So unfortunate for Nigeria! I'm presently in Uganda, this small east Africa country. Generators don't work here. I've never heard the noise of my hotel gen, not to talk of my office - a Telecommunication Data Center for that matter. I asked a barbing saloon if he uses generator, and he said maybe once in a week. Maybe!
The guys here were surprised when i told them that all base station sites in Nigeria must have 2 generator, cos i can't see any generator in any base station sites here.
We know our problem in Nigeria. Corruption! May God help us.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by desgiezd(m): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
bayo1:

So unfortunate for Nigeria! I'm presently in Uganda, this small east Africa country. Generators don't work here. I've never heard the noise of my hotel gen, not to talk of my office - a Telecommunication Data Center for that matter. I asked a barbing saloon if he uses generator, and he said maybe once in a week. Maybe!
The guys here were surprised when i told them that all base station sites in Nigeria must have 2 generator, cos i can't see any generator in any base station sites here.
We know our problem in Nigeria. Corruption! May God help us.

Even Uganda? OMG!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by OvieE: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
Village people; the day poverty disappear, you will start kissing the streets. Common light you have for one week and you all going nuts. People in other countries are living in heaven of light years after years and here you are celebration nonsense not knowing that your corrupt leaders are deceiving you people.

You all need a reality check.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by yemipretty(f): 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
shocked :oAre you people for real. My street in Oshodi has not had light for months now cos the transformer is bad. We've contributed 500k for NEPA, they've installed a 'new' transformer twice and on each occassion, it packs up within 24 hours. In my house, we use 2 gens. A big one for day and a 'I pass my neighbour' at night so we can sleep in relative comfort and avoid heat rash.
Abeg where do all u 24/7 light-havers live oh? I want to relocate.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by yemipretty(f): 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
shocked :oAre you people for real. My street in Oshodi has not had light for months now cos the transformer is bad. We've contributed 500k for NEPA, they've installed a 'new' transformer twice and on each occassion, it packs up within 24 hours. In my house, we use 2 gens. A big one for day and a 'I pass my neighbour' at night so we can sleep in relative comfort and avoid heat rash.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by snowdrops(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
yemipretty:

shocked :oAre you people for real. My street in Oshodi has not had light for months now cos the transformer is bad. We've contributed 500k for NEPA, they've installed a 'new' transformer twice and on each occassion, it packs up within 24 hours. In my house, we use 2 gens. A big one for day and[b] a 'I pass my neighbour' [/b] at night so we can sleep in relative comfort and avoid heat rash.
Which one is "i pass my neighbour" again? grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:03pm On Mar 24, 2010
[size=24pt]UP UP UP [/size]

[size=30pt]JONATHAN!!! [/size]

For performing wonders barely 4 weeks of being president!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by eros(m): 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
I can't stop laughing at this post.  grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Having 24/7 light in Naija is a Zap.I.N.G. BIG DEAL
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Echidime(m): 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2010
grin grin grin Nigerians, you people won't kill me, worried for the OUTBREAK OF ELECTRICITY CHAIIIIIIIIII CHINEKE MEEEEEEE light no dey una go complain, light don come una still dey complain, some one said he or she has not gotten use of the constant light, so he or she is use to darkness,agent of satan

You people are enjoying the CHANGE BARACK OBAMA PROMISE THE WORLD HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE grin grin grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by insideview: 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2010
PapaBrowne:

please give him time to learn the ropes
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
insideview:

please give him time to learn the ropes

Yes I will give him time. But in the mean time I celebrate. The guy has been here just 4 weeks and people are experiencing very improved power supply. That means in 4 months, every Nigerian will own a Mercedes!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by OvieE: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
Echidime:

grin grin grin Nigerians, you people won't kill me, worried for the OUTBREAK OF ELECTRICITY CHAIIIIIIIIII CHINEKE MEEEEEEE light no dey una go complain, light don come una still dey complain, some one said he or she has not gotten use of the constant light, so he or she is use to darkness,agent of Satan

You people are enjoying the CHANGE BARACK OBAMA PROMISE THE WORLD HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE grin grin grin

They need more and more change to live like Americans but guest what, ain't going to happen in 200 years.

I love that word " Agent of Satan". Laugh will kill people in this forum. Nigeria has long way to go. One week of light and Nigeria become more advance than USA. What a pathetic. You people should get a life.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Oluchia(f): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
My own area Isheri Berger, is getting worse. From 6hrs of light in every 24hrs to 6hrs in 48hrs. I've decide not pay NEPA bill again until i see an improvement. Infact am very angry with NEPA or PHCN, whatever they call them. angry
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by anusule(m): 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2010
I dont live in Nigeria, but I am well excited that at least someone is doing something to make sure theres power supply 2-4. Its also good to know that people are gonna be happy,
Since my stay here in the UK, my power supply hasnt gone off, my light hasnt once blinked. Nigeria will surely be a different place if theres constant power,
Well other countries are moving on, they have started talking about things like the Internet being a basic human right, while we are still stuggling to produce enough mwatts,
I just hope the 'Constant Power Supply situation in Nigeria' is not a short-lived one,
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by PaOsunks(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
Take note, if you celebrate, they will come and change the light sharing for your area. Except a few of us who are lucky and have a NEPA senior staff on our street
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Devonian(m): 6:01pm On Mar 24, 2010
UHMN, AFTER SEVERAL COMPANIES HAVE RELOCATED TO GHANA DUE TO CONSTANT POWER OUTAGE IN LAGOS, OK OH.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by chuksme(m): 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2010
I few days now i have seen a bit difference in my Area. i will not say much until i discover their next plan or action. if it is not tariff increment, it should be because of the dissolved cabinet.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by hambehsam(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2010
LORD, HAVE MERCY, WHAT IS NORMAL ELSE WHERE IS VERY ABNORMAL IN NAIJA.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by masido(f): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2010
there is light in my area ( ikeja ) too.
Nigeria go beta!!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by desgiezd(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
snowdrops:

Which one is "i pass my neighbour" again? grin

These are very small sized generators, generally producing less than 1KVA of electricity and can only power a few light bulbsa tv set and and a few fans
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by invisible2(m): 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2010
Repent ye sinners! The end of the world is near indeed, abnormal things have started happening. Constant light in Nigeria is sure abnormal.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by netotse(m): 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
my light hasn't improved here, i'm happy, at least ppl are not insulting PHCN now. . .
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
PapaBrowne:

What has he really done?
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by heryyy(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2010
Honestly if this electricity can be very stable in Nigeria,all i have to do is wait till December,if the situation remains the same i am leaving the UK and head back home,i actually left Nigeria because i couldn't run my business due to lack of electricity, I just pray it remains the same, GOD PLEASE !!!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Mobinga: 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
Ceekay:

Power Supply 24-7, woji PH!
Na new dawn be this?
NAIJA!!
oboy yeee, Now when i don move. Chai. I want to come back
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What has he really done?

I don't know what he has done! But obviously he did something!
Majority of the problems faced in Nigeria are caused by stupid bureaucratic bottlenecks. Unlock them and huge problems are solved instantly.

For instance, Obasanjo purchased some really huge power turbines in 2007. Since Yar Adua came in, they remained at the ports without clearance because of some stupid bureaucracies placed by customs.
From what I'm hearing, when Jonathan took overthose turbines got cleared immediately. Why was it so hard for Yar Adua to do just that?
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Poj1(m): 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2010
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
siddon look
for now
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by benalways(m): 8:38pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ALL,
All posters shld state areas enjoing light so i can decide which place to pack to. Am tired of staying in Isheri berger without light and working on packing to Festac town. Those in festac shld kindly confirm parts of fsetac that enjoins light.
Regards,
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by hackney(m): 8:38pm On Mar 24, 2010
@papabrowne

or maybe na hausa abokis dey import generators
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Sagamite(m): 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
OvieE:

Poverty is killing you all. Just a common electricity that supposed to be your right to have and you all are opening your mouth. Go to other country and you will begin to wonder if Nigeria is even a country. Enjoy it while it last.

Poverty

Poverty

Poverty

Poverty

Poverty

is

killing

you

all.

No!

As usual, it is your bazooka english that is the murder weapon. undecided
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by ZE: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2010
To be sincere electricity has greatly improved since the past two weeks in my area. Dont know if its the same in all parts of Lagos though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dismissed Labour Party Chairman Invade Secretariat With Thugs, Causes Havoc / Wike: We Will Not Yield To Pressures From Criminals To Relax Night Curfew / Gani Adams: NNPC Officials, Police Frustrate Efforts To Prevent Oil Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.