Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (10593 Views)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? / Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by marvix(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
Somebody was on this forum berating me because i said there is light at the end of the tunnel CGKING where are you, read all these posts and go and do your investigations I know you can still come out to tell us that the govt went to borrow power from neighbouring countries to deceive us so they can win 2011 votes shior.

All this that we are noticing now is the work Yaradua and the dissolved cabinet has been doing since, the other day Barkindo was telling us that he has excess gas that PHCN is yet to utilize and PHCN said they were already generating about 3000 to 4000MW and once the other power statios come on strean after fixing what is wrong with them the 6000mw will be exceeded. My contact in PHCN had told me a long time ago that if power generation gets to 4500 mw Nigerians would not be able to complain and now i guess we are seeing this already.

This doesnt stop here the govt still has 10,000MW to meet by December and they are working seriously towards it, one day I hope history will vindicate Yaradua as a man who tried and laid a solid foundation for the liberation of this country from all our woes.

Here are evidence that this is not just a section or regional achievement where some mischief makers will tell us that all the power has been used to service them, from Kaduna to Lagos, to Port harcourt to Ebonyi but pls if u are yet to start experiencing this kind of embarrasment just be patient and pray that we have peace so that ur expectation will be met

damola1:

Interestingly, this is happening in Ikeja too, I am yet to get used to it.
Strictyan:

i live in kaduna state and i noticed the same thing too. does it mean these guys can actually provide reasonable power supply if they want to. na wa o. so we are suffering just so that some people can make money from diesel and generator importation.

shior! God punish devil

Quote from Adefemi
my area for gbagada lagos just got improved power supply,
deor03:

My Generator is looking worried.

It has NOT worked for 2 weeks. Just taking this opportunity to do TAM ( Turn Around Maintenance ) on my GEN.

I know we will soon pay back in due time for this constant power
otokx:

The electricity has quite improved in my area of Port Harcourt, wonder how long this will last although NEPA brought a bill some days back.
Mardi Gras:

My Brodas na the same thing here for east o,
Ebonyi state
I'm afraid to sleep at night lest they get angry and increase voltage and raze my abode to the ground shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by netotse(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2010
@marvix
thngs are looking up alright. . .but we've had bad experiences with gas pipelines in this country, lets hope govt does right by the niger-delta!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Eking: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2010
I ve not seen this kind of thing since i was born.I go soon dey warm my Generator
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
imagine- middle of the week, and i'm not through a keg of petrol yet!

but i have seen it before. . .when they hit us with the darkness - it will be for str8 weeks
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by v3: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
I've had light for like 4 days now and each time i them PHCN dudes, i buy em chilled beers, so i can have light like this in Surulere?

Welcome development  cool
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by netotse(m): 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
v3:

I've had light for like 4 days now and each time i them PHCN dudes, i buy em chilled beers, so i can have light like this in Surulere?

Welcome development  cool
so you're a lere boi, what part of lere? i grew up in eric moore towers.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by shanda(m): 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
Kinda surprised u guys are just experiencing it. The thing don dey stable for my area since December 2009.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by v3: 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
netotse:

so you're a lere boi, what part of lere? i grew up in eric moore towers.
Aguda
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by solajacobs(m): 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
Its thesame at Ajah Lagos,Ikeja and Its Environs
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by biggy4joe(m): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
Everybody that stays in benin will testify 2 d new development,i stay in Ugbowo area and the light has really increase by 800% i think we should give them kudos, Even my friends that stay in Ekosodin are marvelled at the new dev, b4 now ekosodin dey get accumulatively 2hours a day.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2010
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Cotton(m): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
x
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by honeric01(m): 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2010
This is not new sha, it's been like this since late last year.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Golfer: 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
This is because people are now being fired for non performance.  It is a welcome development, now lets hope this last.
Let's bring back the manufacturing industry back to Nigeria.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by tylesh(f): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
lwkmd, na wa ooooooooo.lite dey pple dey fear,abeg if una no need am, kindly switch off ur meter.make us dey njoy am while it last
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Wrex(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
What thing i am sure of is that constant power supply in nigeria signals the coming of something really bad.Bottom line:Be Prepared!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by deor03(m): 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
chaircover:

What about those of us who have been running on Gen 24/7 for the past 14 months at N2,000 a day due to transformer problems cry

Hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for us too. My gens are coughing and spluttering and threatening to go on strike any moment from now sad

What is your Postcode ? I imagine the part of UK you live (according to your profile location), that you run gen for 24/7. grin grin grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2010
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by nanidee(f): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
Wrex:

What thing i am sure of is that constant power supply in nigeria signals the coming of something really bad.Bottom line:Be Prepared!!!!!!!!!!
lol, this is soooooooo funny!!
deor03:

My Generator is looking worried.

It has NOT worked for 2 weeks. Just taking this opportunity to do TAM ( Turn Around Maintenance ) on my GEN.

I know we will soon pay back in due time for this constant power

, awwwwww i feel the poor gen.

lol at the funny post!!1 smiley
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Seun(m): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2010
By constant what do you mean? Like 8 hours a day?
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by bike1: 1:18pm On Mar 24, 2010
Omo, surulere has been set ablaze by PHCN. Me sef i de fear too. Just 3weeks ago, on adelabu, i saw trailers carryin various machines that looked like a story building into their NEPA quaters. Heard des stuffs have been at the port since, yaradua improted them but wasnt cleared, Gist talk say Johnathan released the bar to clear them and they have been deployed to various stations. I dnt knw if this is d reason but i saw these magnificent equipment that i was wondering wat they wer.
PHCN pls dnt slack oooo, not after praisin u guys now
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Georgiedey(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
My Brodas na the same thing here for east o,
Ebonyi state
I'm afraid to sleep at night lest they get angry and increase voltage and raze my abode to the ground

yah my ribs, !(funny)
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by chidyke77(m): 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
Seun:

By constant what do you mean? Like 8 hours a day?
20hrs a day is quite an to me.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by bayrichie(m): 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2010
Hope it's not by mistake, if it's 4 real we just thank GOD, maybe 9ja wan begin change, cool cool cool
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by MPEROR: 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
Ok electricity don come go out there and pay your bills nothing is free stop bribing the NEPA /PCHN GUY to connect your electricity
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by honeric01(m): 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
Just yesterday at Ogba, i saw like 5 trailers with about 30 transformers each on them driving out of Haulage company (i think they sell/make transformer not sure).

Well if it's for real, then it's good.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by naijaswag1: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2010
I have always been optimistic about one Nigeria which will eventually emerge to take its proper place in Africa and the world at large.All we need is one good man at the helm of affairs who will realize that this nation can still offer its citizens basic necessities whilst there will still be enough for him to cart away.I am a strong believer in Capt Chukwuma Nzeogwu's(of blessed memory) belief of a great United Nigeria.I know that it will happen in the next 5years.I don't mean Vision 2020.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Georgiedey(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
I show reside in a different country o cos the only light have had in the last 8 day is not from nepa o,our light situation is so bad bad that my gen may go into comma anything soon, if?am refering to  tejuosho surulere.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by MsTom(f): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2010
Worried cos of constant electricity? See what NEPA/PHCN has turn people into.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by naijachix(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
GUYS 4GET DIS YANN! ! ! maybe this constant light thing is peculiar to lagosian only!

I live in Rayfield Jos. NEPA PHCN provide light for some part while some other parts are being supplied by a private company NESCO. . .

I tell you, for the past 4 days i never see or even smell light!

MAY BE  THIS CONSTANT LIGHT THING IS JUST A MIRAGE! I'm sure u guys will soon wakeup!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Ericomoto(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
For the first time in my Lagos life. I had light in my appartment in Gbagada for 72 hours non stop!!!.The fuel I bought 2 weeks ago is still there crying for use and my generator has become dusty.I can not believe this is happening in Nigeria. But yesterday,it became off and on again but better than none at all like before.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by MrKelly: 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
I was shocked too that for the past two weeks, I have not used up to 4 liters in my gen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu / And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? / Buhari’s Liaison Officer, Nura Rimi, Sent On Diplomatic Posting To UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.