Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (10597 Views)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? / Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
why person nor go complain?
I don begin to wake up late because
      my fan works well now.
      I now watch TV late into the night
      I pass my neighbour nor dey make noise for my window again
my phone nor dey die anyhow again because I dey charge am regularly, of course I now buy more credit and the thing dey chop my money.
mama sikira down the street has lost her customers because they are now complaining that her beers are now too chilled unlike those days when lukewarm beers used to pass for cold.
All my glass cups don break finish because I used to put water in the freezer maximize the few minutes of electricity but this light has refused to blink.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by shoboy9: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
Where??

I no see 10min in the last five days. Total blackout. Heard say e don come at home sha, maybe when I reach,
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Kratos007(m): 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
Sagamite:

No!

As usual, it is your bazooka english that is the murder weapon. undecided

lol, nice retort
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by denzel2009: 11:02pm On Mar 24, 2010
6000 MW(mirage watts) is becoming real.The last time this happened when I was in Lagos all my electrical gadgets went ballistic.

Lets just hope mikano generator merchants don't go and do their deeds with people in power.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Cupidkc(m): 11:33pm On Mar 24, 2010
So this is not only happening in Owerri here. For every 24hours,there is power for atleast 20hours. Kudos to whoever is in charge. Now I can read all through the night. KEEP IT COMING!!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Outstrip(f): 12:12am On Mar 25, 2010
Are you guys in a different Lagos from me because the generator has been going almost stop for 2 days. It stayed on in VGC over the weekend though but my cousins even said that power has gotten much worse
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by mrofficial(m): 12:49am On Mar 25, 2010
Them don take light here ooo. yepa!!! grin grin grin Surulere, coker.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by DeepSoul(f): 1:08am On Mar 25, 2010
I was in Lagos one week ago and I stayed for two weeks. In all of d two weeks, I no see one single light.

Dem say na transformer spoil sha but hey, same difference undecided

However, in my area in PH (Agip), power is relatively constant. And it's not a recent development.

In this same PH sha, I heard sm1 complaining today that she hadn't gotten power supply in over a month. . . .

So, which one we go con believe na?
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by DeepSoul(f): 1:12am On Mar 25, 2010
Ceeno E vu:

why person nor go complain?
I don begin to wake up late because
my fan works well now.
I now watch TV late into the night
I pass my neighbour nor dey make noise for my window again
my phone nor dey die anyhow again because I dey charge am regularly, of course I now buy more credit and the thing dey chop my money.
mama sikira down the street has lost her customers because they are now complaining that her beers are now too chilled unlike those days when lukewarm beers used to pass for cold.
All my glass cups don break finish because I used to put water in the freezer maximize the few minutes of electricity but this light has refused to blink.

Hilarious reply.
So in other words, the money wey person no use buy fuel will still be used to buy new glass cups and recharge cards because your battery is now more regularly charged. Lmao. Nice one.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by sunboy(m): 1:15am On Mar 25, 2010
For my area , MUSHIN , bone, atleast 20hours out of 24hours daily for over 3 weeks now , i no dey leave my lappy for light unlike before, i only charge it when i want to use it. Infact, every 2-3 streets are having their transformer , yes here in Mushin. Upon say my street power supply dey ok reach, they just brough 1 new transformer for us, no body contribute anything ooo, them talk say na from government and na for just 2-3 streets. I no come know boya na lagos state government or na federal which ever way, me no fit enjoy sleep without light now, recently my body don dey shapp wella, i no dey shower 5 times a day anymore, Keep it up
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Beaf: 2:05am On Mar 25, 2010
PapaBrowne: [center][size=27pt]UP UP UP
JONATHAN!!! [/size]

For performing wonders barely 4 weeks of being president!![/center]

Now all winshes must resign since there is no darkness for them to fly freely! grin grin grin
Up Jonathan!

It is easy to see the tremendous changes proper leadership can bring to Nigeria. I am hoping that the electricty situation is the first of many blessings from a man with negligible political party affiliation and who is not under the ambit of the cabal.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by naijaking1: 2:08am On Mar 25, 2010
^^^
Yes, the only thing that has changed since the last year or so is the presidency and leadership of this country.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by 2010a: 2:17am On Mar 25, 2010
in onitsha we have been enjoying electricity at least 20hrs per day;same thing @ nnewi. Even though yaradua did not achieve his 6000MW objective, there was appreciable improvement. Comparing electricity during thief olusegun obasanjo's era and yara/goodluck era is akin to comparing sleep to death and as my people will say ejighi ura amanyere onwu (u cant compare sleep to death)
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by mamagee3(f): 2:18am On Mar 25, 2010
There's Constant electricity in Nigeria, Lagos for that matter. shocked shocked shocked
I need to throw a party for this. grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by 2010a: 2:22am On Mar 25, 2010
oh, i 4got to mention that NEPA idiots have been trying their best to spoil the fun. here in osha, they've been going around distributing ludicrous bills and trying to disconnect even those with prepaid meters.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 25, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]I MUST BE HONEST, THE CURRENT PRESIDENT HAS REALLY TRIED.
[b]
"NO NEED FOR GENERATORS IN 2010" - V.P.

http://www.nigeriancuriosity.com/2009/12/no-need-for-generators-in-2010-vp.html

OH BOY GOODLUCK - the guy get good luck oh, the first Nigeria President ( administrator ) To say Light will stable.

Jonathan i go vote for you if this light can be forever i mean it.

UP UP UP
JONATHAN!!!

For performing wonders barely 4 weeks of being president!![/b]
[/size][/size][/size]
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 25, 2010
javalove said:

same thing with me ooo

we dey fear make our electronics no spoil sef because deey are not used to this kind of CONSTANT power grin grin

Una no go kill persin for this NL. grin grin grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Tcrack(m): 4:05am On Mar 25, 2010
you berra go iron all ya cloths now and enjoy it while it last because past experience tells me it wont last. while you are at it, you berra prepare for the most rediculous bill.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Brisingr(m): 4:11am On Mar 25, 2010
I stay at a certain part of ikorodu dat gets 3hrs of lyf 4 evry 3 dayz dis miracle is still far 4rom my side
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by uglyguynop: 8:52am On Mar 25, 2010
me im surprised, light in my area has improved to about 16hrs/day for about 2 weeks now, I pray it continues, lekki area
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by otokx(m): 9:03am On Mar 25, 2010
The darkness is slowly coming back abi did the "acid" rain fry the NEPA installations?
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by chosen04(f): 9:30am On Mar 25, 2010
@Poster, Pls why not change the Topic to "Improved Power Supply".
Its not constant as most areas are still rationing power, Example:3 days on- 1 day off. Thats was 'our own' when i was till in Naija and still hasnt changed
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by marvix(m): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2010
Well my light has been relatively steady in PH at least from 7pm wen i got home to 7am when i left this morning light hadnt blinked.

How about starting a new thread for everyone to give updates on power situation in our different areas in Nigeria so that we can actually asssess the progress PHCN is making or otherwise and at the end of the week we can at least have a reasonable assesment of PHCN. All those who have run away can at least see if we are making progress or not but please if u are in UK we dont want to know if u have been enjoying 34hrs of light a day. Suggestions are welcome on what the new thread should entail and what format it should take.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by redsky1: 9:52am On Mar 25, 2010
wow so constant electricity is making news - people this is 2010 - electricity should not be making news - a bit backwards if u ask me
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by EmmaAjayi(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2010
I'm surprise at hearing people's remark on PHCN lately.
As for me in my area, we have not enjoyed electricity for more than 3 concecutive days now. I wonder o.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by ud4u: 10:38am On Mar 25, 2010
For my side nothing nothing, but for office sha there is improvement
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by sweetliet: 10:49am On Mar 25, 2010
I pray ds new imprvment last 4eva
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by invisible2(m): 11:03am On Mar 25, 2010
Light dey for Enugu, went off for 5 hours in the night and came back around 5am. I won't go out, I must enjoy DSTV till evening.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by bigcock: 11:15am On Mar 25, 2010
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause?
« #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:15 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Power Supply 24-7, woji PH!
Na new dawn be this?
NAIJA!!

i stay in nvigwe in woji, and i want to say dat i never take my eye see phcn light for the past 3 weeks.apart from when they want to distribute nepa bills.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 25, 2010
Generator sellers are angry! grin
Ppl at ALaba are nt happy.

One person just told me his Container Full of Generator landed ysday. lipsrsealed
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Echidime(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2010
Come oooooooo is Lagos state the only state in Nigeria? Why are we not hearing similar report from other states or cities? Especially ABA, PORTHARCOURT,BENIN,SAGAMU, OWERRI,ENUGU,ABEOKUTA,IJEBU ODE? Abi these cities already has contant light since independence? grin grin grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Echidime(m): 11:46am On Mar 25, 2010
Just wait till Obama of Kenya finish building the Nuclear power plant he is building in Nigeria,all nigerians will come back home because naija go get light pass even america.

But naija nigas can also use the nuclear power plant to fight religious war in jos grin grin grin grin

One person go just carry the nuclear plant to one church or mosque and explode it there grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Liaison Officer, Nura Rimi, Sent On Diplomatic Posting To UAE / NNPC: New Refinery Will Cost About $12 Billion / Police, DSS Take Over As Ogun APC Set For Parallel Congresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.