Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (10592 Views)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? / Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by ReachRich(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
Echidime:

Come oooooooo is Lagos state the only state in Nigeria? Why are we not hearing similar report from other states or cities? Especially ABA, PORTHARCOURT,BENIN,SAGAMU, OWERRI,ENUGU,ABEOKUTA,IJEBU ODE? Abi these cities already has contant light since independence? grin grin grin
[/quote
Even though my office is located near the govt house umuahia,we've not had lite for the past 1week.Banks around the area use gen for the whole working hrs.It is the same in Aba.I would say there has not been any improvement in power supply in Abia state.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by ReachRich(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
Echidime:

Come oooooooo is Lagos state the only state in Nigeria? Why are we not hearing similar report from other states or cities? Especially ABA, PORTHARCOURT,BENIN,SAGAMU, OWERRI,ENUGU,ABEOKUTA,IJEBU ODE? Abi these cities already has contant light since independence? grin grin grin
[/quote

Even though my office is located near the govt house umuahia,we've not had lite for the past 1week.Banks around the area use gen for the whole working hrs.It is the same in Aba.I would say there has not been any improvement in power supply in Abia state.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by kcreal(f): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
Nairalanders will never cease  to amaze me.
Ask them why they left Naiji, They will give reasons, tell you they live in UK, USA, SA, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Ask the reason for d constant power supply in Lagos, they will tell u and even where they live. na spirit wey I dey believe say em dey waka 4 d whole world, dey know wetin dey happen everywhere.
Abi na for fun? Anyway una dey funny sha.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by worldaz: 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
Well,we in Yaba havent had light since friday last week.And I heard it affects Ojuelegba,and other Yaba environs 2
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by D1KeleVra(m): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^I stay in yaba too. . . no light since last week. . . f!ckn PHCN. They were given constant power supply. . . like say we beg them. . . "are we not in Naija again" i thought. . . but then i wisened up and rethought grin erm! "e fit be say they wan blow this transformer o" lo and behold last week the power went out and they said the 33Kv transformer had blown. . .bunch of rats.

@Topic
Anyway. . . u are having this constant power supply cos u're about to be f!ckd up. . . yes. What u should do what i should have done was tell the chairman of the estate committee that the should please appoint someone to get a hold of PHCN either by fone or at their office, and tell them to quit the bullsh!t Put them in check. That way u'd have ur regular 12hr power supply. . . trust me ur about to get f!cked up. l8r.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by worldaz: 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
Only God knows hw many days its goin to take them to fix.Went to work thruout dis wk wit ruff shirts.E don tire me o
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by D1KeleVra(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
them no sack u? grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by worldaz: 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
Had 2giv a thorough explanation 2ma boss.Do u have an idea,wen we re likely 2av light
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by D1KeleVra(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
my papa no be nepa official grin . . . seriously, i don't know o. probly this weekend or somthng.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by messiah(m): 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2010
There was this one time in Kaduna when we had uninterrupted power supply for about 4 whole days. During that miraculous time I visited my barber. As our discussion grew, we hit on the issue of the uninterrupted power supply, especially since his business and means of livelihood depended on it. I asked what he made of it and he replied, "because of the continuous power supply, I got sick!" A lot of Nigerians now cannot remember when last they had uninterrupted power supply exceeding 3 or 4 days. I'm glad to hear things have started changing now, albeit a short time.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by honeric01(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
All the transformers are beginning to blow up due to the strange light we are seeing nowadays, i think they are also not used to sustaining power for a long period of time, i think every area needs at least 2 backup transformers every 3 months oo.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Fhemmmy: 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
honeric01:

All the transformers are beginning to blow up due to the strange light we are seeing nowadays, i think they are also not used to sustaining power for a long period of time, i think every area needs at least 2 backup transformers every 3 months oo.

Lol
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Bethlehem: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2010
i can emphatically say the improved power supply you may be enjoying is not everywhere and its not a result of any actualisation of a dead 7pt agenda. may be some kudos to Fashola IPP. we used to enjoy power for average 22hrs a day where i live (dont ask me where i live but its true) but recently while some of you are rejoicing over improved power we are being treated to prolonged power outtage . i just hope PHCN is not about pulling some april fool jokes on you.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by GrayBeard: 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2010
I have experienced it.

And I fear its a mirage.

No to that.

Amen.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Echidime(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2010
@ReachRich: WAOOOOOOOOOO AT LAST SOMEONE FROM UMUAHIA IS IN THIS FORUM,PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL I WANT TO TALK TO YOU AND GET TO KNOW HOW WE SHALL ERADICATE ORJI UZOR AND HIS MUM TERRORISING OUR STATE. jim4ray28@yahoo.com

don't fail to write, will be expecting your mail
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Sagamite(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
redsky1:

wow so constant electricity is making news - people this is 2010 - electricity should not be making news - a bit backwards if u ask me

[Shakes head]

Things make news when there is a marked change or an abnormal occurence becomes normal. Is it that tough to understand?
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Xionez(m): 3:00am On Mar 27, 2010
shocked.Mine is all night, u guys should enjoy it while i lasts!!! smiley
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by tunde1200(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2010
in my area in shasha i dont see light at all. all this jubilation about power surprise me alot and anoyed me too , i hope we no collect nepa oga wife in shasha and airforce base
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Echidime(m): 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2010
Those who say they are not enjoying light should run to T.B.Joshua for prayer and deliverance because their SINS ARE TOO MUCH FOR LIGHT TO COME THEIR AREA,INFACT THEIR SINS ARE STOPING THE CURRENT FROM REACHING THEM SIMPLE
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 12:05am On Mar 28, 2010
i beg go buy generator.shee u no know say na because of nigeria wey china and japan dey produce generator
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by ellagold(m): 12:55am On Mar 28, 2010
Lets continue thanking God,and watch out for how long this constant power supply will be, I am really enjoying it sha o
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by kayde1: 2:45am On Mar 28, 2010
AINT YOU GUYS HAPPY AT LEAST , BUT REALLY I THINK I MISS POWER OUTAGE NOW FOR TWO YEARS , I LIKE IT ATIMES COS ITS TIME WHEN THE STR GET MOVING , EVERYONE GET SOME OUTDOOR FUN grin
ATIMES WE GUYS HERE JUST SWITCH OF THE LIGHT TO REMEMBER NIAJA hahahaha
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by harakiri(m): 4:48am On Mar 28, 2010
Power supply just went up between 6-10 hours.That is very worrisome.I wonder what the bill's gonna be.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by D1KeleVra(m): 10:59am On Mar 28, 2010
kayde1:

AINT YOU GUYS HAPPY AT LEAST , BUT REALLY I THINK I MISS POWER OUTAGE NOW FOR TWO YEARS , I LIKE IT ATIMES COS ITS TIME WHEN THE STR GET MOVING , EVERYONE GET SOME OUTDOOR FUN grin
ATIMES WE GUYS HERE JUST SWITCH OF THE LIGHT TO REMEMBER NIAJA hahahaha

lol it's advisable to switch off ur own light for 6 - 8hrs a day if u have constant power supply. . . that is leaving us worried and uneasy. . .
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by honeric01(m): 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2010
Almost all the high tension wires are blowing up now, the constant light might be doing more harm than good ooh lol grin
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by ifele(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2010
You should be happy you have full power becos 10 years ago it was a different story. Thank God you fools.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by honeric01(m): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2010
ifele:

You should be happy you have full power becos 10 years ago it was a different story. Thank God you fools.

And who are the fools here? why should we thank God for what we are paying for? i mean why should we have to beg for what we paid for?
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by bigcock: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2010
@binhozie are u still experiencing the constant power situation. we need ur update.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by knotty(m): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2010
we are effused with light on all sides, all weeklong. where is this thing coming from?

One gallon of fuel in my generator tank for one week yet untouched? the gods must be nuts!

i have one gut feeling that Jonathan has a hand and even perhaps a foot in this matter.

if this is what Acting President means, then had better kept Acting till kingdom come.
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by toideve(m): 5:21am On Mar 30, 2010
even in BDPA Benin city i mean there was this particular day i was waiting for NEPA to cease light but they didn't ooh! we had light for like 21hrs. Unbelievable! though i heard its usually like this whenever school is on hols. my fingers are crossed undecided
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by Gilbertman(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
Begining of good times to come,hopefully.We should not be skeptical about this development,rather we should prepare to play our own part by paying the tarrifs as and at when due just like they do elsewhere that has sanity.By the time u carry, I carry, they carry , Nigeria will be up in no time. Do you know how much talent/craftsmanship will be manifest if there is constant supply of power?How much turn around will come for the economy and individuals alike?How much knowledge and awareness from just being able to enjoy simple things as the news and happening of the worlds,being able to view the Animal planet, the Historical channel,the Health-discovery channel Atimes when I see life here and how life is here abroad,I cried silently for Nigeria and for people that are looking to God everyday for a way out of this parody of a country that Nigeria has become.Can you imagine, I never know there are other Channels on the Tv apart from NTV/NTA and then the because/AIT/Murhi for all my years in Ibadan until I got to Ghana, and when I get here now, waow,I could view about 150 channels for absolutely nothing!! And to think this country here could not match my beloved Country Nigeria, oil for oil, resources for resources, both human and natural!!! I just cry and cry.Check out peoples comment on this issue here, we have been so traumatized and so harrassed that it is an abnormality to our psyche to have a normal and working amenities that others eslewhere just accept as regular!!!!!!
Re: Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? by toideve(m): 1:23am On Apr 01, 2010
^^^

bros me think 150 channels na exaggeration wetin appen? is it that easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! IPOB Petitions UN;demands Referendum For Biafra’s Independence, Pics / Katsina Speaker, Aliyu Muduru Impeached / "We Are On A Mission To Send Buhari Back To Daura" - Eunice Atuejide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.