Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" (31222 Views)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Xisnin(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2017
BabaOwen:
if the people from his village wants a country of their own,nothing should stop them

That is a primitive mode of thinking that should be found among
pre-historic humans, any group living in the modern world cannot
just declare a country. Well, they can, but nobody will take such group serious.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2017
Do you have it on Kings in bayelsa state? Do you have yoruba oba in bayelsa state?

The law in Edo state recognises only one king (oba) and no one else so keep your kigship to your enclave.
GrandFinale2017:
I'm from the Ijaw parts of Akwa ibom state and i support the ijaws on this. We will never stand and watch how our brothers are marginalized there in their ancestral land.
Obaseki and the caged Oba should back off.
Cc TonyeBarcanista
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:01am On Nov 18, 2017
Yes Yorubas in the north are settlers and they know that.
nengibo:

Yea in the riverine part of the state, there are also Ijaws in ondo state(Arogbo & Apoi) its poor state creation that put them there, unless yorubas will say that the yorubas in the north are settlers too

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
Gelegele means alot of word in Bini, one is "truthfully" or "Of a truth".
are you trying to force a meaning into it? because my Edo friends over here could barely pronounce too.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2017
TheWordist:
dirty post,smelling mouth,
when you are outgunned. that's the best way.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:05am On Nov 18, 2017
There is only one oba in Benin and it stays so. There is nothing you can do about it. The governor has spoken, let me see what you guys can do about it.
Afriifa:
Obaseki thinks, We are scared of the Edos. Oba should have it at the back of mind that he is not King over the Ijaws.. just imagine this Governor calling a Coronation attended by 5 Ijaw Kings from different state invalid because some selfish Oba made him to say so.. (agadagba)Pere of Gbaramatu(delta was there) Amayanabo of Nembe(bayelsa was there) amayanabo of Opobo(rivers was there) pere Gbebokedi of Tubu-turo Kingdom(ondo was there) and dis Governor thinks he can stand trouble when it looms? The Oba of Benin will make things heavier for Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:07am On Nov 18, 2017
Yoruba have balee in bayelsa, Delta, rivers state or even Kano? Tell me what I don't know.
deekseen:
I don't understand what Obaseki is trying to insinuate.

In other places the Yorubas will hhave their Baale, the Hausas will have their Seriki and the Igbos will have their Eze Ndigbo (or whatever the title is) in the same community and no one will say anything.

Now, the Ijaws crowned theirs to protect their interests and it's a problem?

The "Majority" are gods and the "Minority", footstools?

Obaseki, do your worst!
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2017
I just pronounced it, what were you expecting? What does gelegele mean in ijaw and how did that land become yours when it's far away from Bayelsa?
Afriifa:
are you trying to force a meaning into it? because my Edo friends over here could barely pronounce too.

Edo is a state not a tribe. The language I interpreted it to is Benin, you don't expect an esan man to know the meaning except he understands Bini, yet he's an Edo man.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
There is only one oba in Benin and it stays so. There is nothing you can do about it. The governor has spoken, let me see what you guys can do about it.
if you are not blinded by bigotry, you would have known that the Oba if bini can not rule over the Ijaws or any other ethnic group in Edo state except his tribe.. if the Olu of warri can't preside over the affairs of uhrobos in warri. what makes you think the Oba has right preside over the Ijaws? did you really ate your school fees? come on Mr eject, i said Eject!!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by coputa(m): 10:14am On Nov 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Nobody is interested in oppressing any law abiding Ijaws in Edo State. But any criminals coming from far away Ijaw land to derail the seaport project would be dealt with severely.

Why would a people be so backward. It's just terrible. If anything good wants to be built, Ijaws would just want to disrupt it. That's how the Oil and Gas free zone which was to be built in Escravos was derailed because of the stupid argument that Ijaws chose to have with itsekiri. Now Jonathan left and the project that would have created thousands upon thousands of jobs has been abandoned.
The Brass LNG project also has been abandoned. Not a single project in anywhere Ijaws exist. Bayelsa with all its allocation is probably the worst state in the South. It appears like the Ijaws are the Northerners of Southern Nigeria.
Good observation,
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
just mention a state in the north where Yoruba's cab be found as indigenes?

are you daft? what of kwara and kogi??
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by coputa(m): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
Do you have it on Kings in bayelsa state? Do you have yoruba oba in bayelsa state?

The law in Edo state recognises only one king (oba) and no one else so keep your kigship to your enclave.
If we can have Onogie in Esan land in Edo state,I do not see anything wrong with the Ijaws having theirs(pere).

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by 4everGrand(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Ijaws are the Fulanis of the south.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Softhands(m): 10:22am On Nov 18, 2017
All your Generation will be wiped out in a flash... Try us and see... You think this is Delta and Bayelsa where you can misbehave and go free... Just try urself... Oba vhtopeye ...ise!!![quote author=opuambe post=62481126][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Chetimah(m): 10:22am On Nov 18, 2017
Ijaw to me are like fulani headsmen take another man's land by force.....[quote author=opuambe post=62481126][/quote]
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:22am On Nov 18, 2017
Ijaws aren't chestbeaters, the Pere has come to stay and there is NOTHING anybody can do about it. Obaseki should face his government and Oba should respect himself and face his Benin kingdom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 10:24am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
Yes Yorubas in the north are settlers and they know that.

except kwara and kogi are not north.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Benin people,

You can count on we Yorubas anytime.

Let Ijaws keep deceiving them selves.

You are definitely not Yoruba. We yorubas could care less about binis or ijaws.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:

That law is against law of nature and is NULL AND VOID!!!

There is no indigenous Yoruba or non Ijaw in Bayelsa. The indigenous Ijaws in Gelegele have decided and SO SHALL IT BE

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2017
phreakabit:

Fulani herdsmen are listed as an international terrorist group, Ijaws are not.
Aboki constitute 99% of Boko haram (Yor0bas making just 1%). . . . Ijaws don't.
Boko haram are listed as a terrorist group. . . Ijaws are not.
Boko haram kidnap and rape children and women. Ijaws do not.
Boko haram and MOST Abokis are pedophiles . . . Ijaws largely aren't.
Western education, is a good thing. . . . Boko Haram and Northerners hate it. . . Ijaws go to school happily.

stupid man. when do you see a yoruba boko haram?

some of you just reason with your anus.

your generations are part of boko haram go figure.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2017
Oba of Benin lord over everyone within Edo state, that's the state law and there's nothing you can do about it. Oba of Benin reigned over the kingdom before Nigeria was formed and nothing is changing that.

Coronate your king in ijaw state or bayelsa.

Thats all.

Afriifa:
if you are not blinded by bigotry, you would have known that the Oba if bini can not rule over the Ijaws or any other ethnic group in Edo state except his tribe.. if the Olu of warri can't preside over the affairs of uhrobos in warri. what makes you think the Oba has right preside over the Ijaws? did you really ate your school fees? come on Mr eject, i said Eject!!

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

There is no sugar coating it ijews and fulanis are the problem with Nigeria

What??!! I can see d IPOB propaganda machine is in full gear against the ijaws now. Probably because of rivers state. Lol! The ijaws contribute a lot to the resources shared in this country. They are only fighting the FG against injustice on their land.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
I just pronounced it, what were you expecting? What does gelegele mean in ijaw and how did that land become yours when it's far away from Bayelsa?

Edo is a state not a tribe. The language I interpreted it to is Benin, you don't expect an esan man to know the meaning except he understands Bini, yet he's an Edo man.
now I get your point, since Edo state is far from bayelsa, there is no way Ijaws could make claim of it.. but let me teach you, a bit. Ijaws are from Delta, Rivers, Ondo, Akwa-Ibom before you mention Bayelsa.. the Ijaws in Rivers alone are much more than the ones in Bayelsa State. the Ijaws in Delta can equally match the Bayelsa population and the Ijaws in Ondo(and Akwa-ibom) that I know of, can match the size of the entire Edo state if added with the ones from Edo state.. so now look at the table of goodwill.. all these places that Ijaws occupy has crude deposit and they are all within the Niger Delta.. there is coincidence in that Mr man. God makes no mistake.. so don't ever claim to own gelegele because you believed ijaws to be from bayelsa state, that's kind of ignoramus to my understanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2017
No story, let's see what becomes of the so called "coronation".

TonyeBarcanista:
That law is against law of nature and is NULL AND VOID!!!

There is no indigenous Yoruba or non Ijaw in Bayelsa. The indigenous Ijaws in Gelegele have decided and SO SHALL IT BE

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2017
North by political grouping, west by ownership.

Learn your politics
konoplyanka:

except kwara and kogi are not north.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 10:32am On Nov 18, 2017
Onogie is no king, it's more of a chieftaincy title
coputa:
If we can have Onogie in Esan land in Edo state,I do not see anything wrong with the Ijaws having theirs(pere).
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
Oba of Benin lord over everyone within Edo state, that's the state law and there's nothing you can do about it. Oba of Benin reigned over the kingdom before Nigeria was formed and nothing is changing that.

Coronate your king in ijaw state or bayelsa.

Thats all.

the edo constitution that you just stated if at all it does exist, can not supersede that of the Republic, so Mr man stop fooling around...
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Amarabae(f): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2017
If they don't want to be under the rulership of oba of Benin, it is their choice.
Allow them to have their own king.
Simple.
BTW gelegele is ijaw land. I know that area.
Benin people should stay clear of the land.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
North by political grouping, west by ownership.

Learn your politics

ok. but politically they are ''north''
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Bigii(m): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Benin people,

You can count on we Yorubas anytime.

Let Ijaws keep deceiving them selves.

Yoloba

BackStabers undecided
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 10:40am On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
now I get your point, since Edo state is far from bayelsa, there is no way Ijaws could make claim of it.. but let me teach you, a bit. Ijaws are from Delta, Rivers, Ondo, Akwa-Ibom before you mention Bayelsa.. the Ijaws in Rivers alone are much more than the ones in Bayelsa State. the Ijaws in Delta can equally match the Bayelsa population and the Ijaws in Ondo(and Akwa-ibom) that I know of, can match the size of the entire Edo state if added with the ones from Edo state.. so now look at the table of goodwill.. all these places that Ijaws occupy has crude deposit and they are all within the Niger Delta.. there is coincidence in that Mr man. God makes no mistake.. so don't ever claim to own gelegele because you believed ijaws to be from bayelsa state, that's kind of ignoramus to my understanding.

how many ijaws do you have in ondo state? not up to 2000 and they are settlers who have even been yorubanised. I cant even say there are ijaws in ondo state as they are claiming to be yourba by now. look at omoyele sowore of sahara reporters, he is from one of the two communities ijaws are claaiming but he sees himself as a yoruba man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by konoplyanka: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2017
Bigii:

Yoloba

BackStabers undecided

when has any Yorubaman back-stab anybody from your lineage? go on, tell us your experience. if not shut your trap.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Villa Elements: Lai Mohammed Knows Those I’m Referring To – El-rufai Spills / We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament / Buhari, Osinbajo Meet With Chevron Officials + Full Details Of The Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.