Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" (31226 Views)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by coputa(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2017
somehow:
Onogie is no king, it's more of a chieftaincy title
Onogie is a traditional head in Esanland and not a chieftaincy title.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 10:44am On Nov 18, 2017
konoplyanka:

how many ijaws do you have in ondo state? not up to 2000 and they are settlers who have even been yorubanised. I cant even say there are ijaws in ondo state as they are claiming to be yourba by now. look at omoyele sowore of sahara reporters, he is from one of the two communities ijaws are claaiming but he sees himself as a yoruba man.
cheesy
konoplyanka:

how many ijaws do you have in ondo state? not up to 2000 and they are settlers who have even been yorubanised. I cant even say there are ijaws in ondo state as they are claiming to be yourba by now. look at omoyele sowore of sahara reporters, he is from one of the two communities ijaws are claaiming but he sees himself as a yoruba man.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2017
Bari22:
ijaw and trouble
try to carry your brain along with you when next you log into nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

Awaji igbanam oh, ire ire

One Ijaw nation can face anybody
ASAWANA! !!!!!
actually my dad is Ibibio while my mum's tribe is Ijaw. My maternal side gave me the name Awajigbanam as my mother is from Eastern Obolo in Akwa ibom state and we have close neighbours the Andoni People of Rivers sate, we are Eastern Ijaws and our brothers around other states are all regarded as one and even though i'm Ibibio my loyalty is also to the Ijaw Nation like TonyeBarcanista.
Forget Benin, if we unleash now, even the caged Oba go run leave him cage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by coputa(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2017
Dantedasz:
If you want to know the character of a typical Ijaw man visit Ogbeh Ijaw community in Warri. Their land grabbing, hostile and violent nature is legendary.
Ijaws are peace loving people,in ogbe ijaw and Aladja communal clash,it's the the urhobos(udu) Aladja that are the agent provocateur.The ijaws promotes peace,,blessing and progress .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 18, 2017
buskie13:
when I hear of militants,the only tribe that comes to mind is ijaw,they're never peaceful, at least 80% of ijaws are rascals,the governor should deal with any mofo who tries to disobey the law,Bayelsa state is no longer enough that they spread from Edo,Ondo to even some parts of Lagos to cause trouble
nairaland giving nitwits the opportunity to have opinions on matters they know nothing about since 2005

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
actually my dad is Ibibio while my mum's tribe is Ijaw. My maternal side gave me the name Awajigbanam as my mother is from Eastern Obolo in Akwa ibom state and we have close neighbours the Andoni People of Rivers sate, we are Eastern Ijaws and our brothers around other states are all regarded as one and even though i'm Ibibio my loyalty is also to the Ijaw Nation like TonyeBarcanista.
Your Son will never get resemblance of Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 18, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Ijaws are too troublesome
y'all just make assumptions that makes me wonder if you have ever left your state of origin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by coputa(m): 11:04am On Nov 18, 2017
The traditional stool in Edo state is over hyped.It's not superior than other traditional institution in other parts of the country that respects other ethnic groups in their domain.Edo should relinquish their archaic tradition of overlordship and oppression,we are now in a new age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 18, 2017
omogin:
cheesy cheesy cheesy those marauding ijaws will be so dealt with, they will forget their ancestry
shut up bit.ch.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by DrMuzungu(m): 11:07am On Nov 18, 2017
Leave Ijaws the h3ll alone, or suffer the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2017
Why did you call it a traditional head and not "king"?
coputa:
Onogie is a traditional head in Esanland and not a chieftaincy title.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Your Son will never get resemblance of Lalasticlala
hmm i don't understand oh
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 11:08am On Nov 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Welldone my brother, dont mind this bini Yoruba ppl, only the Obolo clan fit finish Their whole generation,, they think Ijaws are just in one state like them, when one of our brothers is threatened the entire nation will enter that place.. The Ijaw can never be intimidated, how many dem dey.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 11:08am On Nov 18, 2017
What is the difference between what I said and what you said?

6 and half a dozen?
konoplyanka:

ok. but politically they are ''north''
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 11:08am On Nov 18, 2017
You're not saying anything for now.
Afriifa:
the edo constitution that you just stated if at all it does exist, can not supersede that of the Republic, so Mr man stop fooling around...
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
You finally spoiled your comments with the last statement,can you mention one or two projects northners worked against?

Apart from the criminals/bokoharam moving with cattle, how many militants group do you know in the north?
Ijaw are pirates, we are not.

Ijaw are oil thief's we are not.

Ijaw are kidnappers we are not.

Ijaw hate good things we are not.

Next time check your facts before mentioning a geopolitical zone.
yea,
y'all are rapists, Ijaws are not
y'all are paedophiles, Ijaws are not
y'all are suicide bombers, Ijaws are not
y'all kidnapped and abduct juveniles, force them into filthy unions unwillingly(ESE case), Ijaws don't
y'all depend on the black gold(ion need to tell you where that comes from), Ijaws don't
just to mention a few

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by somehow: 11:11am On Nov 18, 2017
You mean ijaw own all these states you listed or they live there just like Benin, esan, Yoruba live in other parts of Nigeria too? Before I even grant you more attention, just need to know what you meant by "they are from".

How can a people be so scattered that they claim every land that accommodates them?

Where exactly did Ijaw originate from and where is their accestral home?
Afriifa:
now I get your point, since Edo state is far from bayelsa, there is no way Ijaws could make claim of it.. but let me teach you, a bit. Ijaws are from Delta, Rivers, Ondo, Akwa-Ibom before you mention Bayelsa.. the Ijaws in Rivers alone are much more than the ones in Bayelsa State. the Ijaws in Delta can equally match the Bayelsa population and the Ijaws in Ondo(and Akwa-ibom) that I know of, can match the size of the entire Edo state if added with the ones from Edo state.. so now look at the table of goodwill.. all these places that Ijaws occupy has crude deposit and they are all within the Niger Delta.. there is coincidence in that Mr man. God makes no mistake.. so don't ever claim to own gelegele because you believed ijaws to be from bayelsa state, that's kind of ignoramus to my understanding.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 18, 2017
buskie13:
[s] when I hear of militants,the only tribe that comes to mind is ijaw,they're never peaceful, at least 80% of ijaws are rascals,the governor should deal with any mofo who tries to disobey the law,Bayelsa state is no longer enough that they spread from Edo,Ondo to even some parts of Lagos to cause trouble [/s]
trash
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Ezyp(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2017
Bari22:
ijaw and trouble
Person stand up to fight for he right, you call am troublesome.... Ijaws don't tolerate nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 18, 2017
henryhemon:

Ijaw in Akwa ibom? Hearing this for the first time,which part is that?
Ijaws make up two Local Government in Akwa Ibom state.
the people of Eastern Obolo Local Government and Ibeno Local in Akwa ibom state are Ijaws.
The both L.G.A shares boundary with the Atlantic Ocean and both are Oil Producing Communities.
My Mum is from there.
The Ibibio being the Majority tried to marginalize the Ijaw minorities in Akwa ibom state but they were met with a stiff resistance by the Ijaw Nation.
To know more about Ijaws in Akwa ibom state.
Read below
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_people
cc nengibo TonyeBarcanista

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 18, 2017
Tamakay:
Ijaws are used to empty threats like this. The first time the governor said he's gonna arrest them and up till now he has not made any arrest. All these are happening because of negligence on the part of Edo State Government. The Ijaws in the state are never allowed to be in the scheme of things in the state not knowing God has deposited some natural resources for them to depend on. I know the Ijaws of Okomu, Egbema, Olodiama, Furupa etc can contain Obaseki and his cohorts until another rescue team from Delta, BAYELSA, Ondo, Rivers, Cross River.
When it is time to develop Ijaw communities, they will say the topography is difficult to developed but you take their God given resources to develop other areas in he state. If you actually care for the Ijaws, how come the state government don't know when they were planning to install their own King? Is it now that his negligence of the people has come to the fore he's now playing to the gallery? For your information, the more you issue threat to an Ijaw man the more you ginger him.
10000 likes
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by WINDSOW(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2017
Ijaws are land grabbers. They migrate into your domain(usually riverine area), stay there for generations and start claiming ownership. If the government doesnt act fast, that area is gone!
Am use to them-Ijaws. They womanise, love fishing, alcoholic, loves free govt money and are very energetic.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
I am no much fan of History, but I learnt from historical facts that the Ijaws settled in the present day Edo State before any other tribe and was ousted out later by one of the historical tribe that made up the present yoruba with a quest to enlarge their empire.. after a failed attempt at first. the Ijaws were forced out, that's why you find the ijaws in Delta. rivers and bayelsa and e.t.c (still within the Niger Delta) becux they were scattered due to the war.. and I think the Ijaws in present day Edo state were the few lucky ones not to be affected by the war or were the ones that later came back to settle after the war.. because. I know for a fact what Gelegele means in my native dialects, even my kiddo that grew up North knows the meaning of that word.. if it weren't for bad politics rocking the Nigerian atmosphere. The Ijaws would have been revered as one of the outstanding tribes to maintain their ancient culture and tradition till dates.. an average Ijaw man has to fight everyday to protect what it has because mother nature has installed him with all the enviable qualities other tribes would kill for....

https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id=2971192%3ABlogPost%3A4834
This is just the truth, but we will continue to fight until we are all liberated, no Ijaw clan will be left to fight alone again

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by omogin(f): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
shut up bit.ch.
Keep fooling around. When they invade you, smelling Fulani soldiers will use your women as samples
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by fatiaforreal: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Benin people,

You can count on we Yorubas anytime.

Let Ijaws keep deceiving them selves.
Who are you to say that?
We have no problem with Ijaws, why are you painting a wrong picture?
Yoruba is on it's own, Bini is on it's own, and we side nobody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
rolly44:
Some time when pepeople speak u just get their hate mode from their tune, you recognise the ijaws as dwellers in your state as what? Strangers, if delta state was cut among beni obaseki would have called all urhobos and itsekiris as beni, the oba of beni is for beni people why will he extend his rule to other tribes, it is clear that obaseki is enviouse of the ijaws, if he knows the ancestra history of the ijaws he would have stay calm, any where the jaw occupied crude oil also occupied, the only local government that producess oil in edo is occupied by ijaw. check the record, in ondo, edo, bayelsa, rivers akwa ibom just check, it shows tha it is becaouse of the ijaw that we enjoy these blessings harming them is to harm your blessings, if ijaws leave nigeria today oil will dry off, it is thier glory everyone lives on
true. Even in Akwa Ibom too, Ibeno the major community that produces Oil are Ijaws

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

This is just the truth, but we will continue to fight until we are all liberated, no Ijaw clan will be left to fight alone again
how long my bro? this land issue would have been settled once and for all when Jonathan was there
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by nengibo: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
You finally spoiled your comments with the last statement,can you mention one or two projects northners worked against?

Apart from the criminals/bokoharam moving with cattle, how many militants group do you know in the north?
Ijaw are pirates, we are not.

Ijaw are oil thief's we are not.

Ijaw are kidnappers we are not.

Ijaw hate good things we are not.

Next time check your facts before mentioning a geopolitical zone.
You are an illetrate almajiri, Ijaws are oil theifs because of oil situated in their own land?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
omogin:
cheesy cheesy cheesy those marauding ijaws will be so dealt with, they will forget their ancestry
you think binis can match d Ijaws?
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Afriifa(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

You are an illetrate almajiri, Ijaws are oil theifs because of oil situated in their own land?
check his moniker, he's an imposter, not to be taken seriously.
Re: Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" by Nnamdiojukwu: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

Ask yourselves?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Soldier Dances Zanku & Gbe Body: "I Can't Wait, Am Going Home To See My Mama" / Government Officials Who Have Developed Health Issues During Corruption Probe / Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.