Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,234 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest (29596 Views)

REVEALED: New Tricks Lagos Guys Use To Woo Girls Inside Public Buses / Some Phrases Guys Says To Ladies And Their Real Meaning / Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by eros(m): 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2010
Our nairaland women, oops ladies em em madam, wetin make i call una now. 
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by grandjedi(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2010
akigbemaru:

Ibadi aran
alapo meji
eleyin ju ege
amo lewa
abe fe
igba omu
mo ladun
keke baje ose to

grin grin grin
Doing it the old school way -
Ibadi aran, eyinju ege, eyin kun j'owo, apon b'epo re
awe l'orun bi okoto
awe l'ewa bi oguro
amo l'awo bi oojo  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin (Actually did write something similar to this to a lady I was interested in once - she absolutely LOVED it!!!)

Pet names have been used since time immemorial and will continue to be used as long as relations exist between man and woman. Like some have said above, it really depends on who is calling you by the name, the level of closeness and what you perceive their motives to be for using the name. PERIOD !
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2010
JoeGaruba:

If her name was Tawakalitumoboluwaduro ? Yes its one word

You call her Tata
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by soldee: 11:48pm On Mar 25, 2010
JoeGaruba:

If her name was Tawakalitumoboluwaduro ? Yes its one word

Or Waka

or Takiti

or Tompolo grin
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by ogaronaldo: 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2010
I call her "sexy angel" and she loves it, she calls me "sexy hunk". I love it too!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by chika98: 12:52am On Mar 26, 2010
UGH! Sexy hunk?? Whatever floats your boat.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 26, 2010
mummy (as in really?? wtf?? do i look like your mother?) for some weird reason, i like maami but won't let anyone call me that tongue tongue

any term of endearment from a total stranger. so u think u can call me baybay because i happen to be within hearing range? one time, a beggar actually called out baybay to me. i felt like breaking a bottle on his head angry angry

i love 'sweetie' and 'cutie'. i use it liberally too. and 'hon'. sugar went out with dolly parton. don't call me that. i don't even like to eat sugar.

darling sounds pre-historic. so does 'my love'.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by MissyB1(m): 1:08am On Mar 26, 2010
iceblue:

mummy (as in really?? wtf?? do i look like your mother?) for some weird reason, i like maami but won't let anyone call me that  tongue tongue
I Like being called Mummy. cheesy

God helps the brovva that would use ''O Girl, Swee[b]T[/b]ie, Yarinya'' on me. angry
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by JoeGaruba: 1:36am On Mar 26, 2010
marissa:

You call her Tata

Tata is grasshopper in yoruba o

She go over provoke for me.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by pipz(m): 1:38am On Mar 26, 2010
what about Iya Sikira, my GF use to call me Baba Sikira and at first i didn't buy that but she told me i was a dry guy if i don't like that name so i was like ok, Iya Sikira, nothing dey kpa!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by 4peace(m): 7:46am On Mar 26, 2010
call her agbaya
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by vianooo1(f): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2010
i cant stand being called my love from someone i just met 2 seconds ago. Or called Mummy of pretty, OR When a very fine guy you are eyeing sees doing business with him the
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by vianooo1(f): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2010
the guy now refers to you as Madam, eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh, Thata breaks my head.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by parislomo(f): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2010
yimiton (f)
Nigeria

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest
« #21 on: March 24, 2010, 01:05 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol.
It's really cool to know that I'm not the only one who just detests these silly names.

For guys who think we're too choosy, Note that we're talking about strangers we just met on the street trying to be friendly or trying to get our names or phone numbers and worse still our colleagues at work!

If these endearments are coming from our loved, that is, boyfriends, fiances and husbands, it's actually ok but when u meet a guy on the street and he goes 'hey babes, what is that your 'beauriful' name?, that is totally disgusting.

Don't know why some people don't take time to digest a topic fully before typing a reply! After the poster came back to 'shed more light' on the topic, this 'some people' still don't get it!! Very gross!! shocked embarassed sad tongue angry angry
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by gReenmAn(m): 11:28am On Mar 26, 2010
Quote from: JoeGaruba on Yesterday at 10:38:40 PM
If her name was Tawakalitumoboluwaduro Huh? Yes its one word

[b]Or Waka

or Takiti

or Tompol[/b]o Grin

You're insane grin grin grin grin
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by saintalexo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2010
well i don't know what exactly the gals want to be addressed with, especially when the guys is about to approach them, i think those endearments is what the guys is comfortable with, though reasonable amount of girls likes those pets names. I and my girl friend don't really pay much attention to pet names and that does not mean we'r not romantically inclined, though sometimes if i wnt to catch fun i call her OCHABARAIKE [she fair so tee e enter her bombom] grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by dupsytosh(f): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
parislomo:

« #21 on: March 24, 2010, 01:05 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol.
It's really cool to know that I'm not the only one who just detests these silly names.

For guys who think we're too choosy, Note  that we're talking about strangers we just met on the street trying to be friendly or trying to get our names or phone numbers and worse still our colleagues at work!

If these endearments are coming from our loved, that is, boyfriends, fiances and husbands, it's actually ok but when u meet a guy on the street and he goes 'hey babes, what is that your 'beauriful' name?, that is totally disgusting.

especially @ d park wen travelln 2 d East or d market nd dis Igbo traders start pulln u 2 buy smtn frm dem arrrrrggggghhh !! so irritatn.  embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry

even aboki wey dey ride okada  don dey form Lagos boy, " pine girl, wia u go".  
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
I want y'all to think about this, usually when a guy calls a girl by any of those silly pet names and she is not happy about it,
1: The guy is not on her radar (he is a broke-ass nigguh) otherwise she'll answer to iya rekpete with a glowing smile if his a/rse is rich
2: She is not married to the guy (still comparable to the above statement)

The poster should have just made her point honestly, y'all love those silly pet-names when u are absolutely trippin for the guy grin
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Myself2(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2010
Really,what's in a name?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by bigcock: 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2010

« #9 on: March 24, 2010, 11:44 AM » 

babe
baby
honey
sweetie
sugar pie
angel
african queen
hunny bunny
mummy 
sunshine
flower

I wonder what pet name u chics would prefer.let me guess, daughters of Eve how about dat it sound sssseeeeeexxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by AnneMarie2(f): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
I hate it when a guy says-''girl you are so beautiful''.Even though i'm beautiful,at least to a little extent,i feel he is mocking me.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by otukpo(f): 4:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
Mommy - i hate men calling their wives mommy for whatever reason.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by wakies(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2010
"Lol.

For guys who think we're too choosy, Note that we're talking about strangers we just met on the street trying to be friendly or trying to get our names or phone numbers and worse still our colleagues at work!

If these endearments are coming from our loved, that is, boyfriends, fiances and husbands, it's actually ok but when u meet a guy on the street and he goes 'hey babes, what is that your 'beauriful' name?, that is totally disgusting. "

I think the person who posted this topic did not actully define the context and situation such pet names should be used or not be used or who deserve to call you by those names because those names can not be ruled out totally as in being romatic to call ur loved one.

Dont be suprised may be your Mum or Dad still refer to you as "my dear" or "sweetheart", so will you crucify them?

I think for the sake of next time, we should properly state our point to prevent unnecessary response and debate that are not called for.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by 50Cent2: 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2010
I prefer to date slightly older women, and I like to call my girlfriends Aunty
@ poster, can I call you Aunty
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Diva20(f): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
I'm pretty much ok with any name as long as it's not degrading.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by adaphik(f): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
wakies:

"Lol.

If these endearments are coming from our loved, that is, boyfriends, fiances and husbands, it's actually ok but when u meet a guy on the street and he goes 'hey babes, what is that your 'beauriful' name?, that is totally disgusting. "

I think the person who posted this topic did not actully define the context and situation such pet names should be used or not be used or who deserve to call you by those names because those names can not be ruled out totally as in being romatic to call your loved one.

Dont be suprised may be your Mum or Dad still refer to you as "my dear" or "sweetheart", so will you crucify them?

I think for the sake of next time, we should properly state our point to prevent unnecessary response and debate that are not called for.
EXACTLY
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by honeric01(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
I don't even use that on strangers in real life.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by donciccio: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2010
Guys go kill me for hear, still laffing like i took laftaquin. The guy wey yarn that waka or Takiti should better start a comedy show cos i can't stand it. but critically i'm sure the poster and her flag bearers haven't had chykers for a period of time thats y those names they vex them. Ok, guys if they can't tell us what they should be called for the 1st as its certain u may not know their names, I propose they should be called "Yarinya or Okpekesis"
Imagine, hello yarinya or hi Okpekesis!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by mystikal(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
story story **
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by larryUG(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2010
but the problem is from girls. u ask a girl her name and assuming her name is emmanuella she says ela,assuming its nneka she says neky, assuming its ezinne she says zinny. if you girls would be more original then the guys would be more original. you are not happy sey we dey call u angel becos its not so real,wait till we call u jesus christ
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Elebiju: 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
I think the problem is not the pet name being used but the phonetic and the familiarity in between how do u expect an half baked nigerian guy to pronounce sweet heart,angel,baby the most irritating is when you're dating an igbo guy angel will be ma ange,sweetheart-sweetart,baby-beybey chei moreover its annoying when your new guy calls u a pet name within 2days,the fact is we nigerian guys really need orientation on romance i used to call one of ex beautiful heart and till date she insists i call her petname whenever we make calls the other was obesed to a fault but i gave her confidence by calling her my baby and indeed she felt good with it cos how many guys would call an obesed lady my baby but in an attempt to please me she called me baby boy and that ended the 8yrs relationship cos i detest being called baby boy so guys lets learn to look into our ladies eyes when calling them by their pet names it gives them assurance
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
Pet fire, Wats the point, My gal calls me love and saved her name on my cell as Hrt But her name is Obiageli. So the closest to a pet name for her turned out to be Obie NOT Obim. I cant call her my unborn baby, my dear mummy or my fragile heart.

If a lil thin as a pet name is so sensitive why use it then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Side Chicks Will Always Be Side Chicks / 10 Signs She's Not Interested In You / Maheeda Fantasizes On Twitter About Sleeping With President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.