Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest (29547 Views)

REVEALED: New Tricks Lagos Guys Use To Woo Girls Inside Public Buses / Some Phrases Guys Says To Ladies And Their Real Meaning / Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by collinx(m): 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
My babes name is adaku,and I call her adadioranma [The daughter desired by all].Everybody now calls her that and she absolutely loves it.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by sley4life(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2010
yimiton:

Ladies,
There are some 'pet' names and phrases that some guys use on us that sounds outrightly degrading and even insulting without their know it. I presume they actually think they make us feel good by using these silly expressions.

For me, I can't stand a male colleague addressing me as

1. My dear
2. Babes
3. Cutie
4. Sweetie
5. Fine girl and so on. Of the five I have mentioned above, the two that I totally detest most are: 'My Dear and 'Fine Girl'
I totally hate to be addressed that way.

Another annoying scenero is when I meet a guy and he says 'What is that your beautiful (pronounced as beauriful) name' Gosh! I can't stand that!.

Then what names are left? Then i guess we can only call girls by their 1st name & surname
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by slyk2(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2010
Una get time
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by PupetMasta(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
The ladies are talking as if it is only guys that err regarding pet names. I use to have ladies (strangers) call me love and I hated, but it was very difficult to complain.

Anyway it is good to know you call only ur sexual partners pet name while you call others their full name. Please note that u should add Miss or Mrs to the name.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by alldone(m): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
this is serious and it is individualistic. one like it another hate it.
more people like those names. however, it is kind of rude to call someone you are meeting for the first time pet name.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Eaglebabe: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2010
For me anything goes,so far it is called out of love.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
I totally dislike being called Baby Girl and Honey. . .especially Baby girl. . .Some Nigerian dudes have abused it so much that it doesn't sound good again!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

I totally dislike being called Baby Girl and Honey. . .especially Baby girl. . .Some Nigerian dudes have abused it so much that it doesn't sound good again!

Really? shocked I called my ex this and she TOTALLY loved it. She even started using it as her name each time she wrote or texted.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2010
Seriously. . .Maybe you do not abuse its use. . .You need to see when some of your fellow brothers use it on girls. . .especially girls you don't know and your already calling her baby girl in some local accent. . .its just embarassed
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Johnnoo(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
;Dwhat about Eliza
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Seriously. . .Maybe you do not abuse its use. . .You need to see when some of your fellow brothers use it on girls. . .especially girls you don't know and your already calling her baby girl in some local accent. . .its just embarassed

true. she knows i dont play with that name . . . i've never used it for anyone else but her and i doubt i ever will. The name had a reason.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by donpaulo(m): 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2010
babydoll
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by bluespice(f): 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2010
I detest any form of endearment coming from anyone (regardless of gender) i haven't indicated an acceptance of.
It comes off quite condescending.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by princekevo(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
Nawa for all these Mgbeke them sef wey full NL. Sister waitin you want make we call you na? Bingo?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Mmmbop: 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2010
bluespice:

I detest any form of endearment coming from anyone (regardless of gender) i haven't indicated an acceptance of.
It comes off quite condescending.
lol

@topic
I feel awkward, embarrassed for them almost because I'm laughing in my head
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by msb247(m): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
WHOLE RUBBISH. JUST ADDRESS THEM AS 'YOUNG LADY' OR THEIR REAL NAMES(BUT SHORTENED) WHICH IS EVEN BETTER. e.g call Fatima Fati, Bukola as bukky, chigozie as chi-chi, etc
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by bluespice(f): 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2010
If an individual hasn't indicated interest in being called anything other than the name they introduced themselves to you,
miss and mister will do just fine.
It's simple courtesy
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by hackney(m): 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
What do girls like being called then?
Witches!!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by gowaga68: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ poster how about Lady
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by seedlite(f): 8:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
baby girlll (i hate dat)
my ex do call me "nwam" ha!ha!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by trisha4eva: 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2010
imagine someone calling you '' SWET GIRL'' HOW CHEESY AND DEGRADING! my ex used to call me that it was so annoying i always felt cheap.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2010
A woman hates it when she is not in anyway having a crush for the guy, its the way round if she does, cock and bull story, hate ko hate ni, ok why do they just trip over sight for a guy, by non-verbal expression of saying baby or switheart
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by akigbemaru: 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
Ibadi aran
alapo meji
eleyin ju ege
amo lewa
abe fe
igba omu
mo ladun
keke baje ose to
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by indie22(f): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2010
Pet names are fun, but it depends on ur relationship wiv whoever is using them, some random guy on d street or on the net better not be calling me baby! I find it downright rude and annoying, But I like it when friends, family or boyfie call me by my pet name, its endearing, then it doesn't feel at all awkward!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Mmmbop: 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
trisha4eva:

imagine someone calling you '' SWET GIRL'' HOW CHEESY AND DEGRADING! my ex used to call me that it was so annoying i always felt cheap.
I can see how you may find it cheesy, but degrading?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by daduke2k(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
Ukwu nnu. Nwanyi asaba. Kalabunga nwa. Asa mpete. Nneoma mu.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by tlops(m): 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2010
Girls and complain,

new names are thus:
sharp sharp.
rose
pam pam
beauty (to replace beauriful)
Abefe mi owon
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Mekzie(m): 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2010
Better still, they should be addressed by their names no matter how terrible it sounds. End of case lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
Swit-hat

Swit-swit

Dah-lin

Sisi-mi

Dya

Mummy

Beh-bi

Beh-bi Gyal
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
i loathe it when some one who isnt my fiancee calls me "baby,swwetie,fine gal,princess,queen,my love"it so turns me off n all dis ibo guys r fond of saying stuffs like dat when u go 2 alaba 2 buy stuff.infact dey'll be calling u princess n still be draging ur hand.gosh dose people r so aggresive n rude shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked as 4 my fiancee i'll rather prefer he gives me a name dat no one else knows me by.dats romantic 4 me cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by JoeGaruba: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2010
shocked
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by JoeGaruba: 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2010
Mekzie:

Better still, they should be addressed by their names no matter how terrible it sounds. End of case lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If her name was Tawakalitumoboluwaduro ? Yes its one word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Get Disvirgin By The Pen!s Being Half Way In Your Pvssy? / How Do You Know When A Guy Is Tired Of A Girl/relationship? / Texting Habits That Should Stop

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.