Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (271064 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Anthofrie(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
A problem solver is an achiever.
For those of u that ur srt4663x don't power on again after upgrading. There's a solution. I once have this problem. But i finaly took my box to Alaba international market and less than 3 minute my reciever power on again. When u open ur reciever there's a small ic in it. The technician use reward station to remove it and place new ic in d box. loo and behold my reciever come alive again. It cost me #1,500. I will post d number of d ic later.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Anthofrie(m): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
A problem solver is an achiever.
For those of u that ur srt4663x don't power on again after upgrading. There's a solution. I once have this problem. But i finaly took my box to Alaba international market and less than 3 minute my reciever power on again. When u open ur reciever there's a small ic in it. The technician use reward station to remove it and place new ic in d box. loo and behold my reciever come alive again. It cost me #1,500. I will post d number of d ic later.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Kingskene: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2010
sammu:

@ ALL, please permit me to comment on this issue of upgrading .
For you not to fry your decoder take these measures.
1. Download your software from a trusted site and MAKE sure you download the file completely . Note some files fail to download completely and if you use such file, your box will malfunction.
2. Unzip your file when necessary. If you use an unzipped file, yur box will malfunction .
3. Have a virus free flash or pen drive. You can do this by having a flash drive for upgrading yur box. Format the flash drive everytime before you put a new file into it.
4. Perform factory reset before upgrading.
5. Use generator to power your box during upgrading . NEVER, NEVER USE PHCN.
6. INSERT yur flash drive into box and click on usb, then data transfer , WAIT until yur box gives you success page and then switch off.
7. DO NOT PANIC AS IT WILL NOT switch back on automatically . USE THE BACK POWER BUTTON TO SWITCH OFF AND ON.
8. PATCH 1.20P FOR 4669X IS THE BEST FOR NOW. ENJOY.
@sammu pls I beg you to explain No.2 I don't understand what you mean by unzip your file when necessary, If you use an unzipped flle, your box will malfunction because I have fried my SRT 4653X two times after a firmware upgrade the receiver rebooted by itself and I found some new features but the receiver no longer recognizes any USB Flash drive now the receiver went off and doesn't show any light on the front panel display when switched on it will only display black on the tv screen.I'm sure that i took all the measures you listed except the No.2pls throw more light on it thanks.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by lastpage: 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2010
^^^^^I guess what he is saying @2 is that:

a) Most files used to upgrade or re-install, due to their large "original size", get zipped, to make them smaller and easier to share.
b) When you download such file, you are downloading a "zipped" file
c) To use such file, you have to "unzip" the file first, before use (a kind of decompression to its original size).
d) If you use the file as it is, (straight from download), you will likely not get it to work as your STB/Decoder may not be able to "unzip" (decompress) it automatically.
Your Box may then end up with "bad software" as it is!

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers.

By the way: You can know if the file is zipped when you check the "type", from the file name.
Zipped file always end in .zip (dot zip). You can download free unzip software to unzip them.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by excel111(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2010
Pls my SRT1,2STV,CRTV,LMT TV are not again with 4650x without usb
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by rovert: 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2010
Took my 4669X to a dealer to 'wake up', cause I didn't have an R232 cable plus my desktop's monitor was bad. Have bought the cable now and once I get the monitor, all this nonsense of upgrade wahala should be over. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by versace400(m): 1:45am On Nov 28, 2010
Dont kill ur decoder,call me if u're within ogun state and u wish to upgrade ur 4663 or 4669.08038856861
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by TOWNJUJU: 4:08am On Dec 01, 2010
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayibatonye(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2010
pls I mean no offense all I need is help, I have the patch for srt 4669x in a flash drive how do I upgrade my receiver, becuase when I insert the flash, press menu -usb- data transfer, then i'll see recycler something like that, whit the patch underneath it then down the screen there are red key for upload NDF, and 2 other colors. pls what are the steps after plugging the USB and entering data transfer. HELP
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by lovala(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Townjuju:
The link u ave above seems to be a security risk to ones PC for a warning comes forth when I tried downloading telling me that the link or website is fraught with viruses and the like. is it reassurable to go ahead and use it? Thankx for ur effort.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2010
nothing ventured, nothing succeeded. ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by TOWNJUJU: 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2010
@lov4sat TANK U!
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by williams85(m): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2010
@tonye why do u want to upgrade ur box?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by microgint: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2010
SRT4669X MyTV 122p out
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by omokoaustine(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2010
microgi@nt:

SRT4669X MyTV 122p out
. Micro is true i downloaded that yesterday but havent load it into any any yet, did you known its features? . Micro where do you reside in yen because i also reside there too
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by omokoaustine(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2010
I was told that there is a
software that turns 69x to hd
but i was contemplating whether
is 1.20p they were talking about. Micro are you aware?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayibatonye(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2010
@williams85 I need to upgrade for infinity audio that's all sir
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by microgint: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
omokoaustine:

. Micro is true i downloaded that yesterday but havent load it into any any yet, did you known its features? . Micro where do you reside in yen because i also reside there too

have not tried it, just informing the software freaks.

I reside close to the NDU Teaching Hospital.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by viazi: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
I hereby confirm dat SRT4669X MyTV 122p is out but fear never let me try am, i want to fast and pray first.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ viazi,
there is nothing to it. . . just make sure that your flashdrive is not infected. grin grin grin
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2010
110p,120p,121p &122p what difference does it make. is there any special features to this new software that the 110p doesn't have?
make una educate us more on this new software thing
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bolyjay: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2010
@lov4sat,there is a slight different between 122p and 110p.i've used the 122p software and the picture and audio quality are awesome.it also improve my box signal quality and boot faster.men it just like hd.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by safex(m): 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
pls where can i get the software to upgrade my Strong SRT4663x (old model i.e. not d new front panel). i'll b very grateful
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2010
Y do u want 2 upgrade?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayibatonye(m): 11:08am On Dec 06, 2010
@all. pls I need help to upgrade my 4669x srt I have the patch in a flash drive already but how do I upgrade my receiver with it pls help my. mail is loveworld4sam@yahoo.com
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
ayibatonye:

@all. pls I need help to upgrade my 4669x srt I have the patch in a flash drive already but how do I upgrade my receiver with it pls help my. mail is loveworld4sam@yahoo.com

just to help you here. . . the answer was justĀ  like 9 to 10 post above yours.
pleeeaaassseeee do try to read the post before asking!!!

lastpage:

^^^^^I guess what he is saying @2 is that:

a) Most files used to upgrade or re-install, due to their large "original size", get zipped, to make them smaller and easier to share.
b) When you download such file, you are downloading a "zipped" file
c) To use such file, you have to "unzip" the file first, before use (a kind of decompression to its original size).
d) If you use the file as it is, (straight from download), you will likely not get it to work as your STB/Decoder may not be able to "unzip" (decompress) it automatically.
Your Box may then end up with "bad software" as it is!

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers.

By the way: You can know if the file is zipped when you check the "type", from the file name.
Zipped file always end in .zip (dot zip). You can download free unzip software to unzip them.

Sammu has already done justice to the question

@ ALL, please permit me to comment on this issue of upgrading .
For you not to fry your decoder take these measures.
1. Download your software from a trusted site and MAKE sure you download the file completely . Note some files fail to download completely and if you use such file, your box will malfunction.
2. Unzip your file when necessary. If you use an unzipped file, yur box will malfunction .
3. Have a virus free flash or pen drive. You can do this by having a flash drive for upgrading yur box. Format the flash drive everytime before you put a new file into it.
4. Perform factory reset before upgrading.
5. Use generator to power your box during upgrading . NEVER, NEVER USE PHCN.
6. INSERT yur flash drive into box and click on usb, then data transfer , WAIT until yur box gives you success page and then switch off.
7. DO NOT PANIC AS IT WILL NOT switch back on automatically . USE THE BACK POWER BUTTON TO SWITCH OFF AND ON.
8. PATCH 1.20P FOR 4669X IS THE BEST FOR NOW. ENJOY.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2010
bolyjay:

@lov4sat,there is a slight different between 122p and 110p.i've used the 122p software and the picture and audio quality are awesome.it also improve my box signal quality and boot faster.men it just like hd.

Please can you post the site link here?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bolyjay: 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 8:43am On Dec 07, 2010
I would like the one without the mytv logo if possible

bolyjay:

@lov4sat,visit www.wizkid.persiangig.com.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2010
Lov4sat:

I would like the one without the mytv logo if possible

Me tooooo!!!!
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bolyjay: 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
@lov4sat,i don't think the one with mytv logo is available now.the one i used is with mytv logo and it's ok.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayibatonye(m): 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2010
@all pls how long does it take to upgrade 4669x. because mine is taking to much time. all i see is don't power off the STB then reading 0% for about 1 hr now. or is it the size of flash am using is 8 gig

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.