Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (271061 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2010
bolyjay:

@lov4sat,i don't think the one with mytv logo is available now.the one i used is with mytv logo and it's ok.

Thank you my brother it is just that I really hate seeing the logo on my tv set during start-up

ayibatonye:

@all pls how long does it take to upgrade 4669x. because mine is taking to much time. all i see is don't power off the STB then reading 0% for about 1 hr now. or is it the size of flash am using is 8 gig

It is always safer and better to use Rs232 cable and upgrade from a computer.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bolyjay: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2010
@ayibatonye,your flash drive is not good try to get good flash,you can format the flash before copy the file into it.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bolyjay: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2010
from my own point of view upgrading is easy to do.just make sure that whatever device you want to use to do it is 100% ok.i used a usb converter and a my phone memory card on the last upgrade i did on my box.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Flodel(f): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2010
@ all
how much is the RS232 cable?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayibatonye(m): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2010
@ bolyjay. Thank u. English language has limitation if not i would have known how to thank u.thank u so much.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by TOWNJUJU: 8:56am On Dec 09, 2010
@flodel, i bought mine here in bayelsa for #2000
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by TOWNJUJU: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2010
Pls guys i just got the 232cable and need a step by step guide on how to upgrade thru pc.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by microgint: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2010
TOWNJUJU:

Pls guys i just got the 232cable and need a step by step guide on how to upgrade thru pc.

Download the Latest Strong loader from their website.

1. Start the loader
2. click on firmware TAB ( if it's not the current TAB)
3. Browse for the file you want to upload
4. Click download (or connect)

Use the Pics below as a guide

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2010
Great job @ microgi@nt.
I hope this takes good care of the pc upgrading process with RS232 cable.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by TOWNJUJU: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
@microgiant tanks but one more tin. Do i need to plug my decoder to light during the process? and what is d difference between strong loader and strong software.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2010
TOWNJUJU:

@microgiant tanks but one more tin. Do i need to plug my decoder to light during the process? and what is d difference between strong loader and strong software.

the loader enables you transfer the software to the decoder and your decoder need to be plugged to light.
PLEASE DO NOT USE PHCN because if light go off your decoder is fried.
happy upgrading. grin
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by TOWNJUJU: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
@lov4sat tanks a million.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by geefivez(m): 7:41am On Dec 11, 2010
@ all
I just updated the receiver now and the switch off and on  problem is gone it even change the my tv logo to strong. But the problem am having right now is dat the receiver can not read smart card again. It cannot read the multi choice card i use on it again. I downloaded an SRT 4653X.stb and SRTLoader_software_uploaders_middle east & africa.exe from strong site and save it on my phone memory and upgrade thru the usb on the front panel. When i checked the system information. Model: SRT 4651X. S/w version: 1.19 (jul 22 2010). H/w version: 1.10. Boot version: 1.10(ob:24). Ch version: aug 24 2009. Please note the receiver is an srt 4653x. All the free to air stations are showing very well except for RDV which cannot accept 6969 6969 and 8280 again. Plz i need an urgent answer so as to rectify this problem.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Flodel(f): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ all can someone pls help me out on steps 4 carrying out a unit 2 unit transfer. Srt4669
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Mavor: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2010
Hello everyone. I just got a Strong Decoder for the first time yesterday. 4663x. I am new to all this Decoder manipulations. Currently, I have only DSTV setting and DSTV channels on it. I was wondering if there was a way to get free-to-air channels that show good movies,series, news, cartoons and sports (if possible Premier League). I currently experience only the DSTV free-to-air like CCTV-N and NHK. Also how can I get all those MBC channels free-to-air. Do I have to change settings? I hope I dont have to buy any extra equipment or card. I look forward to your replies. Thanks and regards.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2010
@Mavor
Pls read through the other threads. your answers are all over the place.
again repost in the newbie thread.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Mavor: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2010
I see nothing wrong in someone giving me a straight answer here
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2010
@mavor
I never meant it like that its just that your question has been answered several times that as a result i dont think you will get a prompt reply here.
Just go thro the multi tv thread and w3a too.of interest is also the 3 in 1 and 2 in 1 setup threads. Viva 
FTA .
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by microgint: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2010
geefivez:

@ all
I just updated the receiver now and the switch off and on  problem is gone it even change the my tv logo to strong. But the problem am having right now is dat the receiver can not read smart card again. It cannot read the multi choice card i use on it again. I downloaded an SRT 4653X.stb and SRTLoader_software_uploaders_middle east & africa.exe from strong site and save it on my phone memory and upgrade thru the usb on the front panel. When i checked the system information. Model: SRT 4651X. S/w version: 1.19 (jul 22 2010). H/w version: 1.10. Boot version: 1.10(ob:24). Ch version: aug 24 2009. Please note the receiver is an srt 4653x. All the free to air stations are showing very well except for RDV which cannot accept 6969 6969 and 8280 again. Plz i need an urgent answer so as to rectify this problem. 

If your STB is still working now then it is an original SRT4653X, but you just reverted to the original manufacturer software. What i meant was to download the loader from strong website, not firmware.  The firmware from strong site will not allow you to use any other card except "CONAX CARD" DSTV is using "IRDETO CARD", but the patched ones enable you to use all cards except "NDS Videoguard". Also you can not input codes into you receiver anymore.

Solution: Look for the latest patch and update it (note: Not from strong website)
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by gkw: 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
hi to u all,thanks fo the great forumn.i have a 9x which developed a startup problem after using a virus infected USB(it can take up to 10 mins to boot or 1min at times).after going thru the forumn i hav learnt that a soft' patch can solve my problem.the question is which soft' patch shoiuld i use cause lookin at this site www.wizkid.pearsingig.com there are 2 directories ,1st is for directory patch for africa and the 2nd one is directory for strong patch software? 2nd question , is the software on this site ok to use,are the files unzipped ready to use via USB?.the software version of my receiver is 1.08p 18 march 2010. OR can u email me the appropiate software patch on gkawara@gmail.com.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by sammu(m): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2010
@gkw
The software @ wizkid is very ok. The files are zipped , you need to unzip them b4 use. Like u rightly said, yur flash drive must be virus free. I suggest you format the flash b4 use. Again, Never upgrade with PHCN
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 4:51am On Dec 16, 2010
@gkw
Just re upgrade using the same patch or a higher,but this time thro a pre- formatted usb drive and u r good 2 go.
@sammu
Well said.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by gkw: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
thanks fo re; the thing is this is my first time to do this procedure and my big question is which directory should i use?look closely they two directories

1. Directory patch for africa(srt4669x 711 A
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by gkw: 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2010
sorry fo previous post ,which directory should i choose from the two below

1. directory patch for africa (srt4669x 711 all mytv 122p 20101027.zp)

or
2.directory for strong software (srt4669xme 711 all 110p 20101028.zp
all are ar available from the wizkid.persian website,
for the record im in southern africa
thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2010
Download the former if you want the mytv logo to remain or the later if you want strong whenever you power on you stb. Both of them are ok.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Nikuchi: 12:58am On Dec 17, 2010
@all pls help me out i have a daarsat decoder which i'm currently using to watch multi tv channels with audio loud & clear but when i scanned infinity frequency,there was no audio on some of the channels.pls what is d solution if i have to upgrade d box how can i get the software to upgrade it.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by gkw: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2010
you guys at nairaland ARE AWESOME!!,
        thanks a mil smiley smiley
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by gkw: 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2010
i hav 69x receiver and recentlty had an upgrade , every time im switching channels im noticing a horizontal bar with a runnin green color and im just wonderin what it be? anyone noticed??
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 11:08am On Dec 23, 2010
gkw:

i hav 69x receiver and recentlty had an upgrade , every time im switching channels im noticing a horizontal bar with a runnin green color and im just wonderin what it be? anyone noticed??
I notice the samething too.But i dont know what it means
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 11:54am On Dec 23, 2010
Akerekoroabijawara:

I notice the samething too.But i dont know what it means
its just a signal strength bar an unneccessary addition i must say(my own opinion o).
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by geefivez(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2010
@all
please anybody that has patch 1.20p for 69x should kindly attach as a mail and send it to me. I have searched the net but no breakthru. Geefivez@yahoo.com
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bimexb: 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2010
Please to all the GURUS inthe house I just dawnloaded my strong decoder srt 4669x with a firmware but I discovered that the coloured of the first page has change to white and I hate this secondly it cann't receive bliss code 8280 and the worst is that the mean reasons why I thought I should upgrade it was that there was no sound on some of the tv programs and still no sound,

Please my friends who can just save me from all this nonsenses and lead me to the right parts.

Thanks and God bless you

MARRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.