Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,074 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? (30134 Views)

Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? / Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Jesusgirl92(f): 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
BluntBoy:

Religious organizations.
Ehen... OK sir... End of discussion.
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by BluntBoy(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
Ehen... OK sir... End of discussion.

cheesy
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by linearity: 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:

Freeze doesn't preach the Bible, he preaches a mutilated version, or rather, he mutilates the bible.

And you know why Freeze gains large followers? It's explained in the Bible...

"Having itching ears, they gather up teachers unto themselves"...

And yet, in the hallucinated garbage you regurgitated above, you could not point to a single bible backing of your point of view or a passage from the bible contradicting where you think, Freeze might be wrong.

What happened to Paul's admonition that we should, "...Study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"

Paul himself is a radiate example of this: he goes into Athens and debate, a group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers everyday; using the scriptures and philosophy and was able to convinced some.

Philips starting with the same scriptures, preached the good news and Jesus Christ to the Ethiopian Eunuch.

Christians today, should stop hiding their incompetency of the scriptures behind the Holy Spirit, or standing as Judge over someone and declared them 'evil' or possessed...Freeze raised very important points...be a Paul or timothy or Philip of our generation...start from those same scriptures that Freeze raised and prove that he is wrong.

Freeze did not manipulate the Bible, he referenced specific passages with quotations and if you call those manipulated; then the faith you professed is in question. However, if your position is that, he have a shallow knowledge of the scripture, then you might have some points, but you must start from those same scriptures and prove your points, else you are just a noise maker and his point remain un-refuted.

Follow the footsteps of Christ and the examples put forward by Apostles like Timothy, Paul and Philip; engage these conversations and use this opportunity to enlighten the world.

Don't condemn anyone, who God has not condemned and do not write-off those that God has not, Judgement belongs to God only and do not usurp the Authority of God and sit in Judgement over his creatures. Even God is very slow to judge, Jesus himself was not willing to condemned the Adulterous woman, despite the fact that she was caught in the very act. Part of God's divine plan was to use a prostitute Rahab to deliver his chosen ones...don't condemn, instead engage using the scriptures.

If you can't engage the points raised by Freeze with Scriptures and Bible verses just like Paul or Timothy or Philip would and admonish us to do, then shut-up and go study the Bible some more, until such a date/time that you are able to preach the good news and Jesus starting from those same scriptures.

4 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by destinable(m): 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
beautyoftheLord:
OP can you do an extensive research on tithing! I mean read the whole of Malachai and not just 3 v 9- 10. Then all other books in the bible on tithing. And also old Jewish (Isreal) history. Go back and study. We are Christians not Jews. We are followers of Christ.. Christians are redeemed from the curse of the law. Christ hung to set you free. No more blood of animals for atonement of sins(aaronic law). The truth is 10% is too small to give back to God. When you give your life to God your all is his. Your 100%. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit He shows you how to spend God's money. People are happy cause they feel they no longer have to tithe. In reality the whole earnings belong to Him now plus you. The Holy Spirit is far from men now. Sad! But I think the church is undergoing a revolution. A new revival! Who is the Greatest in the kingdom of God. The servant of all. Do you think our pastors today are the Greatest in the kingdom of God?

PS: your write-up was good.
The things of the spirit are foolish to the carnal mind.
Hard truth is churches worshipping God in Spirit and in truth will stand tall without tithes. The "rest"will fall. Let the revolution begin.

Brotherly, so on point. Sometimes I am amazed at what most self-proclaimed Christians write online just because they feel they are defending the church and her pastors. Truthfully, we Africans are so blinded by emotions and sentiments that we don't see the bigger picture (Or maybe we just chose not to see). Another point i feel could be the problem is maybe some Christians feel if they defend the church, even for things they don't really know about, they would receive extra blessings.

Daddyfreeze is human and hence is prone to humanly mistakes, but that don't necessarily makes him the devil. He dropped a lot of scriptural verses and explained to the best of his understanding, if he is wrong in his teachings, how about the pastors bring their own scriptural verses to redress his errors. I am quite confident he too would like to learn.

P.S. God has already blessed you even before you were born. Don't let anyone deceive you that God trades your blessing for tithe. God wouldn't be GOD if he does that.

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by vanvino(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:

Gullible sheep?

You need to calm down and seek God yourself, I won't argue with you.

Edited: I wonder why y'all are tagging this post to tithing as if that's the only thing freeze has condemned the church on, I can see lots of unbelievers jumping on a post that seeks to address issues affecting Christianity, it's not surprising because it's an age where attacks against the church has been made popular.

The attacks on this post however does not stop the lessons from being learnt by those primarily concerned, the church.

The Church is built already, a million gates of hell can NEVER prevail against it!

bros, change this your Heading is very myopic & misleading how does Daddy Freeze the problem of Nigerian Christianity? For expressing his opinion on what he Observed? Which he is entitle to, you said it yourself "The church has departed from systematic study of the scriptures" so how is Freeze the problem? Read your Write up again. Look around you bro, do you (including yourself) see Christians? Or bunch of individuals going to "church" every sunday for the psychological satisfaction of calling themselves Christians. When last do u hear testimonies like , Praise God i used to have anger problem, Selfishness, Greed God has save me.....when last, did u see the complete fruits of the holy spirit in action. These are just the primary aspect of christianity.

Well, it's write up like yours which critizise those who bear out their true feelings about some aspect of christianity that is the real problem of Nigerian Christianity

2 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by petra1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2017
Justbright:

Ur like are d hypocritical ones

Okay

Bible don't condemned tithing

Nice that you know

BT d problem with d pastors are dey failed to let their gullible and lazy congregations who are lazy to study d world knows Dat tithing is not mandatory,

I didn’t use the word mandatory . I prefer the word necessary . It is a necessity for a child of God to give tithes and offering to God just as it is a necessity to pray and fast as a child or God

and also dey(pastors) are not d only ones that has d sole right to collect tithe[/quote]

Tithes and offerings are given to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by petra1(m): 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
miketayo:

He quoted d scriptures on every point he made.. y hasn't any pastor given answers or counter wat he said till now?

He misquoted scriptures . Read his errors biblically here :https://www.nairaland.com/4169634/error-daddy-freeze
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by IsheriNorthGRA: 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Firstcitizen:
Nigerians are even more greedy than their Pastors and the pastors understand and prey on this weakness.

Those that tithe do so with impure hearts only because they believe they will get interest pressed together and running over just like Mavrodi preached to them not too long ago. Greedy people.

A man drives to church and his gateman opens the gate for him, he sees his needy neighbours carrying kegs to fetch water a mile away. Right on his rear view mirror, he sights his overhead tank connected to his borehole which has unlimited water, he ignores them and goes to church to pay tithes of hundreds of thousands.

He is not interested in the kingdom of God but financial reward.

Let the pastors continue to take their money. Greedy Fools.

I wonder how anyone should think tithing is better than humanitarian gesture. Common sense isn't common truly.
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by raymod170(m): 10:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
we all should draw a line of dichotomy between tithing and spirituality our churchs of today focuses on prosperity and church growth, while neglecting spirituality and ethics these days a lot of things are been accepted as a norm eg baby mama's, drug dealers and yahoo people, while churchs speaks less or non about these things people who claim are religious over look it an say it's the will of God, even if daddy freeze didn't open Nigerians eyes to the truth about certain doctrines a time would come when people would begin asking questions and just like the mmm of last year going forward more and more revelations would be made which would make Nigerians realize that we have to change for the better

2 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by petra1(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
miketayo:

He quoted d scriptures on every point he made.. y hasn't any pastor given answers or counter wat he said till now?
e

Read my exposition on his error here :https://www.nairaland.com/4169634/error-daddy-freeze
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
which kind talk be this..who be daddy freeze for christainity. . .you see a man talking from his own point of view and personal opinion about church tithes and offering, you now tagged him our problem. . .is he that popular self. .because we don't have constant power, so people tend to listen to radio in nigeria and them the OAP now thinks thay are super stars. . .
let them wait til power is constant, then we shall see who will listen to radio again or dia unimpressive radio talk shows....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by OBAGADAFFI: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Jsaviour:

Where is the rest if you are already having nightmares and sleepless nights because of freeze alone.

The unrest is for you guys who want to commit suicide because some people touched their Go's source of income.
I don't always have time for religious slavery and acts like you guys and as such unaffected by it.
I am only trying to respond to you guys 'pleading for supporters' thread.

Whether you like it or not the sleepless nights will continue to you guys until Jesus comes to save you from the gullible state your Go has put you.

Don't worry, I will be praying for you to receive freedom and experience the kind of joy that surpasses all understanding like me which can only happen when you become an independent child of God and not a baby tossed to and fro by one tout.

It you that has been having sleepless nights over other people problem.

Or did anyone demand money from you to give Tithes and offerings?

I living comfortably and sleeping well.

You should be Praying for yourself and family, and your hero (freezer).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by miketayo(m): 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
petra1:

Read my exposition on his error here :https://www.nairaland.com/4169634/error-daddy-freeze

Instead of classifying types of tithes and all.. y not just ask any Jew how tithes r meant to be paid.. den tell me if Christians r doing it dsame way? Still didn't see d error u just repeated wat he said in a slightly different manner
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by petra1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
miketayo:

Instead of classifying types of tithes and all.. y not just ask any Jew how tithes r meant to be paid.. den tell me if Christians r doing it dsame way? Still didn't see d error u just repeated wat he said in a slightly different manner

You didn't read it. He didn't talk about Gods tithe which is the main one.

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

. He carefully omitted it .He capitalized on inability of people homeless won't study the Bible . He now dwel on insignificant 10% that was used for feast . And replaced it as though that's what Gods tithe is used for . Gods tithe is Gods tithe . That not what is used for feast ,nor for the poor
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Emulti(m): 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Emulti(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2017
petra1:

And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

. He carefully omitted it .He capitalized on inability of people homeless won't study the Bible . He now dwel on insignificant 10% that was used for feast . And replaced it as though that's what Gods tithe is used for . Gods tithe is Gods tithe . That not what is used for feast ,nor for the poor

Take time to watch, listen and read the bible references. This is a well know Nigerian pastor talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTnS3VxNUI
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by miketayo(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
petra1:

It says all d tithes belongs to God, dat doesn't mean it shouldn't be shared amongst d poor.. everything on earth and in heaven is for God .. but God won't eat the harvest.

Jesus said whatever you do to the least of my brother you do to me..
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Lomprico2: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:

How funny

People who choose to serve God are now sheepies, y'all need to take several seats already

So giving money foolishly to ur pastors is tantamount to serving God? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by petra1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
miketayo:

It says all d tithes belongs to God, dat doesn't mean it shouldn't be shared amongst d poor.. everything on earth and in heaven is for God .. but God won't eat the harvest.

Jesus said whatever you do to the least of my brother you do to me..

Almsgiving is important as well . But the tithe yo God is used for the work of God .
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by plainbibletruth: 11:54pm On Nov 26, 2017
petra1:

Almsgiving is important as well . But the tithe yo God is used for the work of God .

How the work of God is to be funded under the New Covenant is CLEARLY spelt out in the EPISTLES.

Pressured, manipulative, coerced or forced TITHING in whatsoever way is not one of the ways.

"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Cor.9:7

God has not changed his STANDARD stipulated above to 10% giving-for-gain gimmick.

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by menxer: 12:59am On Nov 27, 2017
generaliy:

Gullible sheep?

You need to calm down and seek God yourself, I won't argue with you.

Edited: I wonder why y'all are tagging this post to tithing as if that's the only thing freeze has condemned the church on, I can see lots of unbelievers jumping on a post that seeks to address issues affecting Christianity, it's not surprising because it's an age where attacks against the church has been made popular.

The attacks on this post however does not stop the lessons from being learnt by those primarily concerned, the church.

The Church is built already, a million gates of hell can NEVER prevail against it!

You have written well but it lacks substance, you called out daddy freeze, but have not refuted any of what he accuses the church pastors of doing, which majorly borders on tithe collection and their competition to outdo worldly celebrities.

@bolded, was the Temple not already built when Jesus came?
The church is never "already built," for it is supposed to continually undergo transformation. But then who am I to say, when God is no longer inspiring men to warrant any update to the Bible?
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by kollyp2000(m): 1:25am On Nov 27, 2017
We are the #freed sheep in Freez church.

Pastors Ole can't get hold of my money again. #Fraud must stop now

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 27, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
lemme ask you a question.... What do you call RCCG, MFM, Winners, Assemblies of God?? Churches or what?

Those ones? They are Money Making Organizations naa.

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Maximus85(m): 3:35am On Nov 27, 2017
generaliy:

Freeze doesn't preach the Bible, he preaches a mutilated version, or rather, he mutilates the bible.

I've been reading what you posted and the comments. I have decided to help you stop attacking Freeze.

The law is not important as the principle of that law. Don't steal... Law. Principle: Why shouldn't you steal? What are the consequences?

Whatever God ask from us, he gives us guidelines which must be followed. Don't bring in your ideas.

Do you remember Korah? Do you know why God destroyed him and his associates? They didn't want to worship God they way God has required. They didn't want to acknowledge Moses as their leader. When God has instructed them to follow Moses and his brother Aaron.

Now, listen closely. Korah wasn't going to worship an idol (which is against God's commandment) he was still going to worship the true almighty God but in his own. God destroyed him. He didn't follow the way God has required.

Now to tithe. It was in the Bible to pay tithe under the law of that time. We are no longer under that law but the principles still apply. Give to God, give to the needy.

But if you want to pick that law of paying tithe, then you should be ready to bring your disobedient child to the street and be stoned to death, cos that was also part of the law back then. If two men are fighting or playing rough and they injured a pregnant woman and the baby inside dies, the two men will pay with their lives. These are also part of the law back then, so if we are no longer killing our disobedient children, I wonder why your pastors are singling out tithe and are brainwashing people to pay it. Under grace, you give as to how you deem fit, not under compulsion.

Now, even if we agree that we should pay tithe, are we following the process as it was stipulated in the law which we are no longer under?

In the law, who are the people God allowed to collect tithe?
How often were they to pay?
What was the tithe paid meant for?
Was tithe to be paid in monetary forms?

If you can answer these questions, then let's compare with how tithe is being taken today.

A certain pastor said, tithe opens up blessings from God to the tithers. Someone has been paying tithe for 15years, still he can't afford to send his children to the schools built with tithers sweat. Meanwhile in the space of 15years, the pastor has built houses, bought cars and even private jets for himself. And year in year out, they sell stickers for these gullible fools saying, double double, heaven on earth, glory glory, my year of Devine upliftment.... Year in year out and these people are still poor and hungry. Where is the blessing their tithe was supposed to open for them?

What hurts most is that these fools that can't eat, can't pay rent, can't send their children to school still won't fckkkking believe they are suffering. Next year slogan will be another brain wash... 2018 my year of double assured blessings.....

Tithe is a scam. People collecting are thieves. God blesses people without collecting a dime.

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Chinagurum1995(m): 3:57am On Nov 27, 2017
yes ooooo you know how Pastors act and it Just Daddy Freeze is just having problems with a Naija Christians so that how it is but i can't judge them ooo the bible says Thou Shalt not judge because we are Children of God and we blessed so I just don't judge them I have to stay away from sin so i could be holy bless Child of God so I only know I love my neighbor but hate my enemies and I love my neighbor as myself so i am blessed for my life. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Lightening: 6:15am On Nov 27, 2017
generaliy:

Brother, you might need to further enlighten your audience who have been caught up with FRZ's teaching by refuting his arguments using the scriptures like he did also. Because if you look very well, he appears to have upper hand in this discourse simply because no body has dared to enlighten him but rather they all bash and curse him thereby giving him more sympathy.
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by miketayo(m): 6:15am On Nov 27, 2017
petra1:

Which work were d Levites using it for then? That's y I said u need to ask a Jew how it's done.. they still share it amongst d poor in d temple.
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by petra1(m): 6:24am On Nov 27, 2017
miketayo:

Which work were d Levites using it for then?

For the service of the house of God and also for the welfare of the Levite or priest who were exclusively devoted to the work of God.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

That's y I said u need to ask a Jew how it's done.. they still share it amongst d poor in d temple.

You don’t need to ask a Jew . You only need to open your bible and read . Tithe to God is not for the poor but for the welfare of the ministers of the sanctuary .
But there is another 10% they lay aside for the poor every 3 years . It is different from the tithe to God.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Lightening: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Well we know what the like of Kumuyi, Adeboye has achieved for the faith.

What has freeze ever done for the faith.
That boy always seek popularity by attacking other.
Them way he attacked a comedian last year that almost cost him his job

Please address his position on tithing not the person. No body holy pass. Beware!

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by miketayo(m): 8:08am On Nov 27, 2017
petra1:

For the service of the house of God and also for the welfare of the Levite or priest who were exclusively devoted to the work of God.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

You don’t need to ask a Jew . You only need to open your bible and read . Tithe to God is not for the poor but for the welfare of the ministers of the sanctuary .
But there is another 10% they lay aside for the poor every 3 years . It is different from the tithe to God.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Ohk I agree with Ur classification of tithes.
Are pastors Levites? And if they r.. y didn't Jesus Nd his disciples pay tithes also, there r many Jewish laws in the Bible which Christians don't follow, but tithing is d only Jewish law they insist on following, they can as well get paid from offerings.

We pay tithe in my church but its extremely voluntary, even the priest didn't encourage it.
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Bonj(m): 9:49am On Nov 27, 2017
The best come back I've seen in my lifetime.

The OP would never yield to objective reasoning; don't even bother with him.

babablogger:
I prefer to give my 10 percent to the needy than to sponsor a soul called MOG lavish lifestyle

The Backfire Effect. The Misconception: When your beliefs are challenged with facts, you alter your opinions and incorporate the new information into your thinking. The Truth: When your deepest convictions are challenged by contradictory evidence, your beliefs get stronger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Bonj(m): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2017
generaliy:

You are yet to prove by any means that paying tithes is wrong, you didn't give any "fact and figure" whatsoever, so what exactly are you saying?

The time you folks use in attacking the church, if spent towards capacity building and self improvement, Nigeria would be a better place!

Neither did you my dear SIR.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reinhard Bonnke's 2017 Crusade Farewell In Lagos, Nigeria (Pictures - Day 1) / Foluke Adeboye Celebrates 67th Birthday (Pictures) / Is Sport Betting A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.