Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? (30158 Views)

Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? / Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Bonj(m): 9:53am On Nov 27, 2017
Neither did you my dear SIR

generaliy:

You are yet to prove by any means that paying tithes is wrong, you didn't give any "fact and figure" whatsoever, so what exactly are you saying?

The time you folks use in attacking the church, if spent towards capacity building and self improvement, Nigeria would be a better place!

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Bonj(m): 9:55am On Nov 27, 2017
alignacademy:

Thank you for sharing

Have you noticed how Apostle Paul spread the Gospel?

Several times in Scripture, you'll see:

"And he REASONED with them"

The famed Bereans were open-minded enough to give the apostles a hearing and that's when they became believers.

The dogmatic attempt to divorce the Gospel from reasoning laid the foundation for falsehood.

Christ Himself didn't force doctrines down people's throats but appealed to their minds with stories and parables.

Not with threats

This is not even about Daddy Freeze.

The Bible is there for anyone open-minded enough to study. And sharing of ideas is welcome.

Let Scripture interpret Scripture

Thanks again

Flesh and blood did not reveal that to you......Bless your heart!

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by monex(m): 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
generaliy:

Placebo ko, placenta ni.

It's a principle beyond your understanding, I tithe, and it has given me results, if I don't experience it I would think like you.

However, I am not going to argue with you, it'll be futile, i'll only pray you experience the principle someday, cheers

The question is whether tithing as it is today is biblical obligatory. Not whether there are blessings attached to it.

Until Christians understand how futile, useless and possibly counterproductive these "results" are in comparison to the sanctification of our souls. We would stop using it to justify tithing.

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by petra1(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
miketayo:

Ohk I agree with Ur classification of tithes.
Are pastors Levites? And if they r..

Any minister who serve God on full time bases can be classified as such administratively

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

didn't Jesus Nd his disciples pay tithes also[quote]

Well it’s not recorded but Pastors do pay tithes

[quote] there r many Jewish laws in the Bible which Christians don't follow

We are not tithing because it’s a Jewish law . We are tithing because It’s a spiritual law and principle . It existed before the Jewish nation

but tithing is d only Jewish law they insist on following, they can as well get paid from offerings

Sure , Tithes and offeings are eternal principles .

We pay tithe in my church but its extremely voluntary, even the priest didn't encourage it.

Tithing is a necessity . It’s like asking if prayer is mandatory
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by miketayo(m): 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
petra1:

We are not tithing because it’s a Jewish law . We are tithing because It’s a spiritual law and principle . It existed before the Jewish nation

who made it a spiritual law and if u consider it spiritual u can as well call all other laws in the old testament spiritual, then why dont we use them today? don't make things up.. if it was so important Jesus would have preached about it.

petra1:

Tithing is a necessity . It’s like asking if prayer is mandatory
This is d biggest mistake u r making. Tithe is definitely not a necessity, if u r going by Jesus teachings. If I call myself a christian I dont have to pay tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Lightening: 2:11am On Nov 28, 2017
osomegbe:
Quite unfortunate he knew so much about the bible but not the part that says a man is not supposed to divorce his wife or sleep with another man's wife when they are legally married which is all what he indulged in.
A blind man leading the blind and the blind will say go on leader.
I pity the other gullible following him.

Dome of our pastors have been caught defiling minors and sleeping with married church members. Some have also divorced their wife serially, yet they still claim they point the flock to heaven and still collect tithes. All of them blind join, no be so?

2 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by grandlexuz(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2020
vanvino:

bros, change this your Heading is very myopic & misleading how does Daddy Freeze the problem of Nigerian Christianity? For expressing his opinion on what he Observed? Which he is entitle to, you said it yourself "The church has departed from systematic study of the scriptures" so how is Freeze the problem? Read your Write up again. Look around you bro, do you (including yourself) see Christians? Or bunch of individuals going to "church" every sunday for the psychological satisfaction of calling themselves Christians. When last do u hear testimonies like , Praise God i used to have anger problem, Selfishness, Greed God has save me.....when last, did u see the complete fruits of the holy spirit in action. These are just the primary aspect of christianity.

Well, it's write up like yours which critizise those who bear out their true feelings about some aspect of christianity that is the real problem of Nigerian Christianity

Wow you really do amaze me with your writings. Insightful, proverbial but most interestingly well rounded. Your response to most issues feels like I wrote them. I am going through everyone of your post. Something I have only done once despite being on nairaland for over 13years.

I did go through Nwamaikpe posts once. Crazy dude. I wonder what happened to him. Some say he died and resurected into righteousness89. Hahaha
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by vanvino(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2020
grandlexuz:

Wow you really do amaze me with your writings. Insightful, proverbial but most interestingly well rounded. Your response to most issues feels like I wrote them. I am going through everyone of your post. Something I have only done once despite being on nairaland for over 13years.

I did go through Nwamaikpe posts once. Crazy dude. I wonder what happened to him. Some say he died and resurected into righteousness89. Hahaha

I appreciate your kind words believe me, Cus is far easier to criticize or condem than appreciate & praise: is human nature, especially in a generation where rationality is in short supply.

I have been in NairaLand since 2013, not really been active, just reading comments.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind / Exact Reason Why God Pour Too Much Blessings On Solomon / Is Sport Betting A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.