Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (65939 Views)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by TheWordist(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...
please help a brother out.. I need good suggestions please
in this present day Nigeria 100k na 10k in disguise my dear biko gather better money first 100k is nothing if you wan actually relocate..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by maj59(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ilorin kwara state

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by wellmax(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Zamfara
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by wellmax(m): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2017
I hear Ibadan, Osogbo, Akure etc, why is no one talking of anywhere in the South East?

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by TheWordist(m): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

oh... I see..

I live at Benin currently... why I want to relocate is quite personal to me...

and I've got sufficient paper qualifications and I am a professional welder.. ( electrode and argon welding)..
thanks for your suggestions.. they have really been helpful
You're in Benin and you want to relocate to a cheaper place? What level of cheap are you talking about here?

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by chibuikesilver0: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kaduna or Kano
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Lordspenzo(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kaduna n kano
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by diuloaku(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
how good is Kaduna state? planing on moving to a northern state but don't know which that will be cool for hustling like Abuja... any suggestions will be highly welcomed.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by berrystunn(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...

Enugu state

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by derexxy: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
AKWA IBOM STATE.....
you have Abak where you will easily get single room for 12k a year, a bedroom flat for 50k.
Etim EKPO... same, with rich and more place for business
etc

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by NOKZ(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
'Best & cheapest' I like ur smartness sir... But my guy check am well oo, u want best n u want it to be cheap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by chiiraq802(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
Sambisa forest grin
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Smartademu(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
Your village will be the cheapest place to relocate to. You will not pay rent and you may not spend to feed. You can use the 100k to start up something there.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by ndukwejoe(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2017
guy thou art harsh
forreelinc:
borno
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Jerrypolo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

oh... I see..

and I've got sufficient paper qualifications and I am a professional welder.. ( electrode and argon welding)..

Then you should concentrate on where you can sample your skills and not necessarily where's cheap.

If you are certified and with a skill as welding in Electrode and argon, Port Harcourt should do it for you. A lot of companies are there hiring people from your field.

With patience, you should be able to get by and get a good job within 14 months.

Like I said, you will need patience.

PH City beckons.

Good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Trustme2(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
Sambisa Forest will be your best bet. I learnt there's an on going recruitment there too so no need to look for a job. Shekau will be ready to receive you with open arms grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Soneh(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
uboma:

Kaduna and Plateau are states where you can get by so easily.

What do you have against the Northern region?
Jos or kaduna might not really be a great idea because of the difficulty in obtaining a good job but I can't deny the fact that the cost of living in both states is relatively lower than what is obtainable in most Nigerian states.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by saydfact(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
If you're not typing Ibadan.. You're wrong

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Jerrypolo(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
maj59:
Ilorin kwara state
Very cheap dude, actually served there. Peaceful and cheap AF!!!
Miss Ilorin like no man's biz.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by OlujobaSamuel: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
op, try Ibadan, Ife or Osogbo, travel to any of your choice, book a night at cheap hotels around, get a student fellowship of your choice or walk into a bank in student environment, ask for areas you can easily get accomodation around with cost and facilities, trust me, you should get one in few hours.
Considering your job, power supply is more steady in oshogbo than other areas, but you might get turnover more at Ibadan due to population.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by cardoso111(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
Oyo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Jerrypolo(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
saydfact:
If you're not typing Ibadan.. You're wrong

You dey camp abi?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by greggng: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
adekhingz:
Come to Lagos. Iyana-ipaja Makoko, Oshodi, Ikeja, or Agege e.t.c, Rent a room for 36k per annum, buy food stuffs from the market, get a job close by (walkable distance). cool cool cool

We are talking about decent accommodation and u are here talking abt 36K. EXCEPT IN AYOBO AND ISHEFU SIDE AND NA FACE ME I FACE U BE THAT

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by cuteralph101(m): 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

wow.. thanks for this info... really insightful..

I actually had Ibadan, osun or ondo in mind before... But the problem with relocating is actually having a place to stay before you get an accommodation of your own..

how difficult is it to get an apartment in Ibadan? because some parts of nigeria, before you get an apartment you must have exhausted all the spare cash on you already...
lol seems u want ready made. U shud av someone u knw in any of the area else lodg in a guest house use a day or two to scout in d areas mentioned to u. The pain is u cant have it any other way xept otherwise
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
See skull miners and Boko Harams deceiving themselves thinking someone from the South or East will fal victim and relocate to their hell haven. cheesy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Trustme2(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

hmm... lokoja..never came to mind. But how cheap is accommodation there and cost of living?

BTW, how do I get on FP?? so more guys can assist...
thanks...
Don't come to Lokoja o. Except you don arrange well. Nothing dey happen for there o. Things are very expensive. Accommodation na die. Don't say I didn't tell you o

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by OlujobaSamuel: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
derexxy:
AKWA IBOM STATE.....
you have Abak where you will easily get single room for 12k a year, a bedroom flat for 50k.
Etim EKPO... same, with rich and more place for business
etc
chai, which abak abeg?
I lived around Manta in Abak, the house rent then(2012/13) was 200k, 3b/flat, a room self con was 35k, single room 24k
With Buhari economy, abeg no just go there abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Manager264(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
Low cost of living is not the only positive thing about Ibadan, live is generally easier, hardly you can experience road regulatory agencies(police,road safety,etc.) harrassments, more or less a free town', the people are accomodating, best telecommunication networks city: 3G/4G effective signals, in fact, some people who do a lot internet businesses, because of this reason,move in there

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by pawesome(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
go to gombe or plateau and tnk me lata...Hausas hv one tin dt de do dt makes me njoy dem...de make evrytin affordable even fr d poor...

House rent..cheap and nyc
Food...affordable
Transportation..cheap
Though d hustle might b a bit hard n slow buh u myt nt knw wia help can come from

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

oh... I see..

You should go where the jobs are and not just where the cost of living is low. Else you will soon find yourself poorer than you started out. For example, life is cheap in Kebbi and you can probably rent a flat there for 100k, but do you really want to go there ?
Life is hard, but sometimes you got to bear the pain and soak up the pressure. That's why you're a man.
Gold is molded by fire. Think about it.
I'm in Benin. You can PM me
I wish you luck.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Emilo(m): 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
But seriously food stuff is extremely cheap up here in the north. I didnt know that for 6 years i was just dasing my salary to market women in PHC.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by iyb(m): 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
Northern Nigeria: kano,jigawa,kaduna,jos,gombe cheap
Northern Nigeria: sokoto,zamfara, kebbi, bauchi moderate
Northern Nigeria: Yobe, Borno, Adamawa expensive
Abuja super expensive

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.