Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

"Stop Forcing Children To Stand Up For Elders At Events"- Nigerian Guy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Stop Forcing Children To Stand Up For Elders At Events"- Nigerian Guy (1891 Views)

Who Is Forcing Them To Marry? – Reactions As Wedding Photos Of Couple Trend / Why Do Sexually Active Girls Lose Respect For Elders? / White Lady Sends iPhone & Apple MacBook To A Nigerian Guy She Met On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Stop Forcing Children To Stand Up For Elders At Events"- Nigerian Guy by phetto(m): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2017
I wonder wat will be in the minds of dis kids wen they grow up.
They will feel its normal to cheat Pple or any1 Dat cannot defend his or herself.
Sometimes I think our culture support slavery and corruption.
Because you will tell a kid to shut up wen an elder is making allegations even if it is false.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Forcing Children To Stand Up For Elders At Events"- Nigerian Guy by amokeme(f): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2017
Children also have feelings... If you need a seat, be responsible enough to come early, or at least, have the decency to offer the child your lap to sit while on their seat!

Child bullying isn't normal. And please it should be discouraged to be seen as normal. I'm not saying don't beat your child/children, but I think talking to them MORE is important.. don't just do things without explaining to them your reasons behind your actions. I grew up in a home where, when my mummy beats me, she explains to me her reason for doing so.., or when my daddy scolds me, he makes me see reasons why he did that. And I try not to do what I was scolded for again.

If you have to beat your child up like a goat, before he or she listens (which in most cases they still won't ) then your parenting style is faulty! And let me guess you will say "that is how my parents also treated me and I turned put well" forgetting each child is unique.. take time to find that the child responds to and act on it. Parenting is not a lazy job. this is the reason why we have a lot of grown adults who are so angry with life, cold hearted, and find it strange when other people show love to them.. or see showing love as a taboo!

There is nothing wrong if you apologise to your child, it doesn't mean the child is now greater than you, no! The child is still your baby, you are only teaching that child to be responsible and say sorry to others when he or she offends others.

We should learn to teach children responsibility by SHOWING it to them! Whatever a child become as an adult, is greatly dependent on the kind of upbringing he/she had.

If you bully your children simply become you are their caregiver, then the society will have to deal with a defensive and angry child, or someone who doesn't know his rights.(you don't need to go far, they are here on NL, so what I'm saying is practical)

I have noticed that parents who are unreasonably harsh on children do so because;
1. The children are the only people they can exercise power over..
2. Because they were raised like that, and just don't see the need to change the approach even if they know better (IMO)

Please stop child bullying.. It is not instilling discipline! If anything, is damaging the
psychosocial make up of the child.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Forcing Children To Stand Up For Elders At Events"- Nigerian Guy by doyinisaac(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2017
Lionbite:
He made no point, absolute rubish, this is africa, this is one of our legacy---- respect and honour.
Chinese are stll sticking to their culture, tradition and values. Britain are still doing the same with queen elizabeth. But america is the standard for gullible africans and most especially nigerians. We always strive to be like them. Eat like them, dress like them and talk like them. No more uniqueness in africa cos these days you can hardly tell the difference between an american kid and an african kid. Whatever you do for the elders will still be done for you if you grow old. They are old and have lost their vibrance, strenght, agility. The least we could do for them is minimize the stress they go through. I'm a yoruba boy and this is top priority in my tribe, i dont know maybe other tribes differs.
the Versace shirt,or suit or Jean trouser that u wear ,is that part of your african culture??were they originated from Africa??then why do u still wear it??you go out on a date with your girlfriend u go to the cinema,go to the beach etc is that part of your culture and tradition??are they not western ideology??so don't u think u are among the gullible africans if we are to follow your opinion??hypocrites plenty for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Stop Forcing Children To Stand Up For Elders At Events"- Nigerian Guy by doyinisaac(m): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2017
Amarabae:
Standing for an elder is a sign of respect.
Its part of our African culture.
Why will a child be sitting when a very elderly person will be standing?
But should they be forced??it is the right thing to do but they cannot be forced
Re: "Stop Forcing Children To Stand Up For Elders At Events"- Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 30, 2017
amokeme:
Children also have feelings... If you need a seat, be responsible enough to come early, or at least, have the decency to offer the child your lap to sit while on their seat!

Child bullying isn't normal. And please it should be discouraged to be seen as normal. I'm not saying don't beat your child/children, but I think talking to them MORE is important.. don't just do things without explaining to them your reasons behind your actions. I grew up in a home where, when my mummy beats me, she explains to me her reason for doing so.., or when my daddy scolds me, he makes me see reasons why he did that. And I try not to do what I was scolded for again.

If you have to beat your child up like a goat, before he or she listens (which in most cases they still won't ) then your parenting style is faulty! And let me guess you will say "that is how my parents also treated me and I turned put well" forgetting each child is unique.. take time to find that the child responds to and act on it. Parenting is not a lazy job. this is the reason why we have a lot of grown adults who are so angry with life, cold hearted, and find it strange when other people show love to them.. or see showing love as a taboo!

There is nothing wrong if you apologise to your child, it doesn't mean the child is now greater than you, no! The child is still your baby, you are only teaching that child to be responsible and say sorry to others when he or she offends others.

We should learn to teach children responsibility by SHOWING it to them! Whatever a child become as an adult, is greatly dependent on the kind of upbringing he/she had.

If you bully your children simply become you are their caregiver, then the society will have to deal with a defensive and angry child, or someone who doesn't know his rights.(you don't need to go far, they are here on NL, so what I'm saying is practical)

I have noticed that parents who are unreasonably harsh on children do so because;
1. The children are the only people they can exercise power over..
2. Because they were raised like that, and just don't see the need to change the approach even if they know better (IMO)

Please stop child bullying.. It is not instilling discipline! If anything, is damaging the
psychosocial make up of the child.

May your days be long. People are damaging children psychologically, they don't know. I wonder why adults can't come in early and respect themselves. Do these kids not have assignment when they plan their time to make these events on time? Now if kids are smart in time management, should adults not be wiser?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Implications Of Living A Fake Life On Social Media: Misscokie / She Wants My AMAZON [PICTURE] / Did I Cheat On Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.