Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63407 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

Again and again no biblical reference to support your arguments.

For your information Abraham tithed ONLY once.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by blueAgent(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
jigga40:
God told me you are a big THIEF!!! Ole jati jati.....! Too much emphasis on this tithe ish shows that all you care about is money! OLE man.

Clown. dumbest post ever.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by blueAgent(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
kadas01:
Pastor Adeboye and his criminally minded cohorts are blatant liars!

GOD ALMIGHTY does NOT need a dime from any human being!

If you serve HIM right/genuinely as your CREATOR, you would definitely inherit a beautiful part of HIS Kingdom! #fact!

Shalom!

Clown. i guess you have not read this Bible verse.

(NIV)
23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and
Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of
your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have
neglected the more important matters of the law
—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should
have practiced the latter, without neglecting the
former.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by blueAgent(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
jigga40:
God told me you are a big THIEF!!! Ole jati jati.....! Too much emphasis on this tithe ish shows that all you care about is money! OLE man.

Clown. dumbest post ever.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
PointZerom:

There's express commandment of tithe in the Bible but you all claimed that it's for the Levites but One thing you forgot to know is that the duties of these biblical Levites in the temple that prompted the tithe are bn taken care of by some people in todays present church who are also being taken care of by the church through tithes etc.

How come the Jews no longer pay tithes??

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by lebete3000: 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:

So giving tithes is one of the prerequisites of going to Heaven.

Our old folks who started Christianity in Nigeria at a time when there was no talk on tithe, what happens to them?

And you think I inferred giving tithes grants you access to heaven??

No bro, accepting Christ as Saviour is the way to heaven, but to enjoy God's blessings on earth you must apply the principles of tithing.

There are numerous principles in the Bible to achieve what one needs in life, none of them takes the place of the other, for example giving to the poor doesn't guarantee success when you haven't worked anything, he blesses the works of our hands not just the giving. Same also applies to Tithing.

Ppl just misconstrue the whole issue due to lack of understanding. Tithing is one of the pathway to abundant blessings, it has nothing to do with heaven. But if you choose not to apply it, God can also choose not to honour the agreement therein.

It's as simple as that.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by chinah609(m): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

I stand with Daddy G.O
What has sin got to do with tithe?......

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Keneeby(m): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
obailala:
Are you suggesting that Jesus didnt save us from the curse of the law any more (Gal 3:13)? Are you suggesting that even after the sacrifice of Jesus, that believers under the new covenant are still bound by the laws of Moses?.. Were the gentile believers ever even subject to those laws?...

If I understand you, you infer that Jesus has replaced the sacrifice of animals with his superior blood, but that Jesus hasn't released us from other parts of the mosaic laws?... If that is the case, why does the modern day church only focus on the tithing bit of the law? why not also insist on things like not shaving off side beards and things like not wearing dual-fabric garments?.. Since you claim we are still bound by the laws of moses, why is mandatory tithing still about the only bit which was carried over to present day?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
I sent u a mail that wasn't replied and I find it rude undecided
Safiaa:
What did i do?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by plantae(m): 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
NuclearWinter:
Fake pastor.

If you were a true Christian as you claim, you will know the verse that states "no one comes to the father unless through me".

God does not speak directly to men since Jesus ascension.

There are no more prophets after Jesus and so whoever you spoke with is not th God of Bible but the same evil spirit that possessed Mohammed

Were ni iwo n ti e. What concern us with your problem? You had better face your problem and leave us alone, ode!
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

Again and again no biblical reference to support your arguments.

For your information Abraham tithed ONLY once.
That it was in record once doesn't mean he tithed once.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by AkumahTalk(m): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
Father!!!? Read Matthew 23:9. Also, If you want to stand with anybody; stand with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (not any man)

UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Jacob gave his tithe.

I stand with Daddy G.O
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by HeyCorleone(m): 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
lebete3000:

And you think I inferred giving tithes grants you access to heaven??

No bro, accepting Christ as Saviour is the way to heaven, but to enjoy God's blessings on earth you must apply the principles of tithing.

There are numerous principles in the Bible to achieve what one needs in life, none of them takes the place of the other, for example giving to the poor doesn't guarantee success when you haven't worked anything, he blesses the works of our hands not just the giving. Same also applies to Tithing.

Ppl just misconstrue the whole issue due to lack of understanding. Tithing is one of the pathway to abundant blessings, it has nothing to do with heaven. But if you choose not to apply it, God can also choose not to honour the agreement therein.

It's as simple as that.

Then I await a Heavenly reward while I continue my works of charity.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by lebete3000: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Then I await a Heavenly reward while I continue my works of charity.

Good for you bro!

Pastor D.K Olukoya has already expressed his opinion on Tithing bot to be compulsory.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Iamzik: 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
PointZerom:

There's express commandment of tithe in the Bible but you all claimed that it's for the Levites but One thing you forgot to know is that the duties of these biblical Levites in the temple that prompted the tithe are bn taken care of by some people in todays present church who are also being taken care of by the church through tithes etc.

Who and who are the present day levites? Please list them here.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Adesekot: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
All you dumb ass commenting without your brain. That message was in the book open heaven which was written last year and published for all to have from January to December of 2017. So it's not Adeboye trying to still counter the tithe issue afresh just today again. That message has been there since January and before daddy freeze tithe issue.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Fourwinds: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
he he he he he he needed...Akarigbogbo Obiano white....

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
That it was in record once doesn't mean he tithed once.

I believe the records of the bible and the record said that he tithed ONCE.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

I believe the records of the bible and the record said that he tithed ONCE.
The scriptures said "Abraham tithed once"? Where please? Lemme go read for myself.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
I don't know why people would say you pay tithes to pastor but when you give offering in your local Church, you say you give to God?? Why not stop offerings altogether because it goes to the church's treasury..... Or you don't believe you're enriching pastors with offerings but when you tithe, the enriching starts?? People should be careful with what they utter... Remember, we'll give account of every word one day. What would be your excuse then?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
The scriptures said "Abraham tithed once"? Where please? Lemme go read for myself.

The record shows he tithed once.You also confirmed it in your earlier comment.

Note that we should be careful not to add to God's word.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

The record shows he tithed once.You also confirmed it in your earlier comment.

Note that we should be careful not to add to God's word.

How many times was it recorded that the Apostles paid their taxes?? Does it mean it was done once??Do you earn once in your life time??
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by smulti(m): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:
God is THE ONLY BOSS that will fire you but still let you keep working. If you don't believe this ask Saul. He was anointed only for 2 years but was a king for 40 years. Meaning, he was only sitting king for 38 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqcK-4cVaaE

Somebody help me pass this message to Pastor Adeboye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQjJ_uq6hM

Pastor Adeboye used to be a MOG I respect growing up as a young Christian but on this topic, I lost respect for him especially when he says things not a sound doctrine. If every Christian claim God told me without us having a way to verify in the word, do you know how many issues we'll have in the body of Christ today?

Pastor Adeboye should swallow his pride and accept biblical truth and sound Christian doctrines.

New Living Translation
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayer.
Acts 2vs42

Tithe wasn't taught by the Apostles to the early church and not everything written in the bible is for Christians
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Lightening: 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
marvin902:
those that are insulting daddy adeboye..
I hail all of you..
anything concerning men of God life has taught me to thread with caution
nobody is forcing anyone to pay tithe so why are some people so pained face your life and leave others..
and it won't be surprising if majority of people complaining here are Muslims and the rest are just half baked Christians
and to those paying tithe your giving it to God not to any man what they do with it is none of your business so don't allow any half baked Christian deceive you

You insist that tithing is biblical. But you do not want to also accept how the bible want tithe to be administered. What they do with tithe money should be what the Bible contemplated; therefore it is our business to remind them.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
How many times was it recorded that the Apostles paid their taxes?? Does it mean it was done once??Do you earn once in your life time??

We are talking about tithe not tax.

If you must pay tithe, pay it the way it was commanded in the bible?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:

Also Abraham did not pay tithe from what he earned but from the spoils of war,from plundering.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

We are talking about tithe not tax.

If you must pay tithe, pay it the way it was commanded in the bible?
And we were commanded to pay it once?? Tell me whether it was implied by Jesus that tithe is to be paid once in Matthew 23:23.Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

Also Abraham did not pay tithe from what he earned but from the spoils of war,from plundering.
Did Jacob, his grandson go to war?? But did he pay tithe? Yes he did.
See, if people don't want to pay tithes from their income, no problem. But insulting pastors and people who do.... Men!! I have nothing to say.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
And we were commanded to pay it once?? Tell me whether it was implied by Jesus that tithe is to be paid once in Matthew 23:23.Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

My sister if you wan pay tithe then go ahead.But make sure you pay as the law want am.That is pay with mint,dill,cumin etc.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

My sister if you wan pay tithe then go ahead.But make sure you pay as the law want am.That is pay with mint,dill,cumin etc.
But Abraham paid before the law na?? If tithe didn't originate from the law, why are u saying I should pay it as the law wants?? undecided
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
Did Jacob, his grandson go to war?? But did he pay tithe? Yes he did.
See, if people don't want to pay tithes from their income, no problem. But insulting pastors and people who do.... Men!! I have nothing to say.

Did you read about the condition he gave God before tithing?

I suggest you read it again but this time slowly
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
But Abraham paid before the law na?? If tithe didn't originate from the law, why are u saying I should pay it as the law wants?? undecided

Did Abraham pay tithe with money?
Also did Abraham pay tithe with his earnings?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.