Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63414 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

Did you read about the condition he gave God before tithing?

I suggest you read it again but this time slowly
Hebrew7: 6-9

6 And those descendants of Levi who receive the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, though these also are descended from Abraham.

7)But this man who does not have his descent from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

8 ) It is beyond dispute that the inferior is blessed by the superior.

9) In the one case tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case, by one of whom it is testified that he lives.

In Hebrews chapter 7:9, it was clearly stated that in one case, mortal men received tithes (the Levites), in the other case, by whom it is testified to live forever... Who is our High priest that lives forever? Jesus.... So if people pay tithes and the think they are paying to pastors, then that notion is very wrong...
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by obatoro: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
sweetcocoa:
These people can lie sha!

Its really crazy how someone can convince themself they hear from a non existent being.

Stop saying rubbish and keep shut, you have no place here, this thread is for Christians.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:

6 And those descendants of Levi who receive the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, though these also are descended from Abraham.

7)But this man who does not have his descent from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

9) In the one case tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case, by one of whom it is testified that he lives.

In Hebrews chapter 7:9, it was clearly stated that in one case, mortal men received tithes (the Levites), in the other case, by whom it is testified to live forever... Who is our High priest that lives forever? Jesus.... So if people pay tithes and the think they are paying to pastors, then that notion is very wrong...

There is no place in the verses you quoted that we the children of grace should pay tithe
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by obatoro: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
lebete3000:

And you think I inferred giving tithes grants you access to heaven??

No bro, accepting Christ as Saviour is the way to heaven, but to enjoy God's blessings on earth you must apply the principles of tithing.

There are numerous principles in the Bible to achieve what one needs in life, none of them takes the place of the other, for example giving to the poor doesn't guarantee success when you haven't worked anything, he blesses the works of our hands not just the giving. Same also applies to Tithing.

Ppl just misconstrue the whole issue due to lack of understanding. Tithing is one of the pathway to abundant blessings, it has nothing to do with heaven. But if you choose not to apply it, God can also choose not to honour the agreement therein.

It's as simple as that.

Yes, like Bill Gates, Dangote and co.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
anaton:

There is no place in the verses you quoted that we the children of grace should pay tithe
I'm not forcing you to. But saying tithing is wrong and not biblical when Hebrew 7:9 states tithes (not levitical tithes now) is received by the one who is testified that he lives (Melchizedek) and that another priest (Heb7:11) is to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? (Jesus). Men..... I reserve my comments.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
pavy:

I like your submission so much. Your issue is with the usage of the tithes. Let me tell you this, two wrongs do not make a right. Your duty is to pay your tithe in obedience to God's instruction, once you do that, you have obeyed God and done your part. If the pastors misuse them, it is between them and God. Remember God said that judgment will begin from His house, that is, the church.
thanks for liking my submission. I appreciate. My dear, I totally disagree with wrong usage of my tithe. I want to see it being used for the right ressons. To leave judgement for God you say?... I hate seeing committed members out of school in the name of '' I can not afford cost education in their school''. Nowadays God's judgement doesn't come quickly. I want all to benefit from God's money before they die. When we reach heaven, we know the rest
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Judgesledge(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
The law goes beyond the ten commandments, so many aspects of the mosaic laws given alongside tithing are ignored and tithing emphasized [author=Judgesledge post=62941601][/quote]
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Maximus85(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/02/god-convinced-tithing-right-adeboye-speaks/

When you tell one lie, you need to tell more lies to cover up.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
yemi1261:
thanks for liking my submission. I appreciate. My dear, I totally disagree with wrong usage of my tithe. I want to see it being used for the right ressons. To leave judgement for God you say?... I hate seeing committed members out of school in the name of '' I can not afford cost education in their school''. Nowadays God's judgement doesn't come quickly. I want all to benefit from God's money before they die. When we reach heaven, we know the rest
My dear, God is slow to anger, rich in mercy.... God's time is and will always be perfect.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
I don't know why people would say you pay tithes to pastor but when you give offering in your local Church, you say you give to God?? Why not stop offerings altogether because it goes to the church's treasury..... Or you don't believe you're enriching pastors with offerings but when you tithe, the enriching starts?? People should be careful with what they utter... Remember, we'll give account of every word one day. What would be your excuse then?

Offerings are generally free-will gifts. Tithing is mandated by churches through all kinds of coercive means devised to compel full compliance. They are also an unbiblical fraud and an alien custom from old Jewish traditions (the same Jews today who don't even pay tithes because there is no Levitical order)
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
I'm not forcing you to. But saying tithing is wrong and not biblical when Hebrew 7:9 states tithes (not levitical tithes now) is received by the one who is testified that he lives (Jesus). Men..... I reserve my comments.

Continue to manipulate bible text. So how did that verse SUDDENLY say it is Jesus it was referring to while it's being talking about MELCHIZEDEK from the context? Is Jesus Christ same person as Melchizedek?

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Maximus85(m): 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

You're just shouting sir.

You are talking of the mosaic law. In those laws, how many are you keeping today? The principle of those laws is what Jesus gave us. Love God and your neighbors. Part of that law commanded the israelites not to harvest all their plants that some must be left for the poor. God was teaching them to always be ready to give.
What we give to God today should be freely given from our hearts not by force. And what you give to God should be between you and him. If so, where does a tithe card comes in? Why are non tithers name posted on the notice board in churches?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Geesaintagape: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Adeboye swallow ur pride.
God tells me dis n dat na only u get ear.
1st u didn't want to listen to freeze but God told u to listen.
today again God has told u to to tell pple to pay tithe.
u are a 419.
if God would b telling u fis n dat y was d bible docodocumented 4 all to see n read

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:

Continue to manipulate bible text. So how did that verse SUDDENLY say it is Jesus it was referring to while it's being talking about MELCHIZEDEK from the context? Is Jesus Christ same person as Melchizedek?
Hebrews 7: 9 KJV:If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
The High priest that is testified to live forever is Jesus.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by anaton(m): 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
I'm not forcing you to. But saying tithing is wrong and not biblical when Hebrew 7:9 states tithes (not levitical tithes now) is received by the one who is testified that he lives (Jesus). Men..... I reserve my comments.

I did not say that tithe is wrong.I only said that it's no longer applies to believers under the grace and love of Christ

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by fejikudz(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
PointZerom:
If Freeze is serious by telling me to follow the footsteps of the biblical disciples, he should goan pay the dowry of that lady and stop parading her as his BABY MAMA.

The biblical Levites received tithe b'cos they worked in the temple, the present day workers in the church and the widows, orphans etc in the church will also be taken care of by the church through our tithes etc.

I WILL CONTINUE PAYING MY TITHE AND ALSO DOING MY CHARITY WORKS. You can spend your own money in a beer parlour with prostitutes, it's your money not mine.
KPAKAM
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
I don't know why people would say you pay tithes to pastor but when you give offering in your local Church, you say you give to God?? Why not stop offerings altogether because it goes to the church's treasury..... Or you don't believe you're enriching pastors with offerings but when you tithe, the enriching starts?? People should be careful with what they utter... Remember, we'll give account of every word one day. What would be your excuse then?

You and your crew propagate same idea and I'm aware where all this manipulation coming from but I'm not going into that argument. Now, you and your crew being saying offering is money too right but just as tithe isn't money, same way offerings IN THE BIBLE IS NOT MONEY that are given in CHRISTIAN WORSHIP GATHERING but if you and your crew in disguise say offerings are money given in our worship gathering, do you agree to this scripture abolishing OFFERING too?

King James Bible
Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
After He says above, You did not want or delight in sacrifices and offerings, whole burnt offerings and sin offerings (which are offered according to the law),

Hebrews 10vs8
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
Hebrews 7: 9 KJV:If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
The High priest that is testified to live forever is Jesus.

Jesus = HIGH Priest

Melchizedek = Priest in that verse and context. How did a PRIEST became HIGH Priest in that verse who lives forever?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:

You and your crew propagate same idea and I'm aware where all this manipulation coming from but I'm not going into that argument. Now, you and your crew being saying offering is money too right but just as tithe isn't money, same way offerings IN THE BIBLE IS NOT MONEY that are given in CHRISTIAN WORSHIP GATHERING but if you and your crew in disguise say offerings are money given in our worship gathering, do you agree to this scripture abolishing OFFERING too?

King James Bible
Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
After He says above, You did not want or delight in sacrifices and offerings, whole burnt offerings and sin offerings (which are offered according to the law),

Hebrews 10vs8
When did I say tithe was money??
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
When did I say tithe was money??

Today's tithe in churches are money so if teaching tithe for Christians today you're teaching money tithe. But that aside you agitated for OFFERING too and that's why I quoted you and showing you if y'all saying offerings are what we give in worship today then you have to struggle with Hebrews 10vs8 and tell us what it means

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:

Jesus = HIGH Priest

Melchizedek = Priest in that verse and context. How did a PRIEST became HIGH Priest in that verse who lives forever?

Did you read the part that states that another priest should rise after the order of Melchizedek, who is not to be called the order of Aaron?? Who was being talked about there??

And I don't know why you are taking this thing personal saying me and my crew... Do you have anything against me?? Bros na wa o.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by donbenie(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
MightySparrow:

And what is that?
A supposed Man Of God telling you that the reason you've got to pay Tithe is because God told him so..bet to you that's a good enough reason..
So would you also Steal if he tells you God told him you should..because you know,his words are Gospel..#FREETHESHEEPLE
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:

Today's tithe in churches are money so if teaching tithe for Christians today you're teaching money tithe. But that aside you agitated for OFFERING too and that's why I quoted you and showing you if y'all saying offerings are what we give in worship today then you have to struggle with Hebrews 10vs8 and tell us what it means
You didn't really get my point when I said offering... I was trying to say there was, when people give whatever they give to their local church, it's wrong to say they give it to pastor, be it tithe o, offering o, seed o etc... Why are they not questioning what they do with offerings?? Why only tithe??... I tithe but not because I was forced to.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
Did you read the part that states that another priest should rise after the order of Melchizedek, who is not to be called the order of Aaron?? Who was being talked about there??

And I don't know why you are taking this thing personal saying me and my crew... Do you have anything against me?? Bros na wa o.

Yes I read but that verses or chapter Hebrews 7 is NOT teaching tithe TO THE CHURCH bUT rather teaching the SUPERIORITY OF CHRIST PRIESTHOOD OVER THAT OF LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD but you tithe crew make a mess of the text and read into the text that Hebrews 7 is teaching tithe to believers.

How did we know this, the summary says exactly so and because the whole teaching in Hebrew is going AWAY from old Jewish practice ONTO Christ. So how could the writer be inferring tithe when it actually is a Jewish practice
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:

Yes I read but that verses or chapter Hebrews 7 is NOT teaching tithe TO THE CHURCH bUT rather teaching the SUPERIORITY OF CHRIST PRIESTHOOD OVER THAT OF LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD but you tithe crew make a mess of the text and read into the text that Hebrews 7 is teaching tithe to believers.

How did we know this, the summary says exactly so and because the whole teaching in Hebrew is going AWAY from old Jewish practice ONTO Christ. So how could the writer be inferring tithe when it actually is a Jewish practice
Please don't get me wrong... I know the bigger picture was to show clearly the superiority of Christ priesthood as opposed to the Levitical priesthood... But my sister analize brought to my attention the detail of tithe... Why was it mentioned there?? Why was it stated in both cases that tithe was collected... Why was TITHE mentioned?? And please stop this "you and your crew thing" you keep saying.... I'm not quarreling with you.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by mrvitalis(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
cheezy4real:

Malachi 3:10

Smh
What's the essence of Malachi 3:10?

Read deutronomy 14:22-29 you would understand that better
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by JUBILEE2000: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:

6And those descendants of Levi who receive the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, though these also are descended from Abraham.

7) But this man who does not have his descent from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

9) In the one case tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case, by one of whom it is testified that he lives.

I rest my case!

Why did u stop at vs 9 of that scripture? Read the scripture up to vs 19 to understand the context of what the scripture was trying to address. Tithe in Christianity remains a fraud!!!

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
You didn't really get my point when I said offering... I was trying to say there was, when people give whatever they give to their local church, it's wrong to say they give it to pastor, be it tithe o, offering o, seed o etc... Why are they not questioning what they do with offerings?? Why only tithe??... I tithe but not because I was forced to.

You are the one that should understand my point. I get what you saying but I don't think you get what I saying. Lemme slow down for you.

Tithe in the bible isn't money n today people like me question it and being challenging it for years. Offering too in the bible is not money. When we challenge tithe we also challenge offering because malachi says....in tithes and offerings.

So what I'm saying is, in today's church which is of Christ, what when we worship God with our money, THAT'S NOT OFFERING because biblical OFFERING means something DIFFERENT. What we give in our worship gathering in Christ church is called CONTRIBUTIONS.

But if you're saying people challenge tithe and why not offering because today's tithe is money that's y we're challenging it and same should go to offering too being money THEN we're going to have to contest with Hebrews 10vs8 because it canceled OFFERING too
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
JUBILEE2000:

Why did u stop at vs 9 of that scripture? Read the scripture up to vs 19 to understand the context of what the scripture was trying to address. Tithe in Christianity remains a fraud!!!
if that's what you believe then fine.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:

You are the one that should understand my point. I get what you saying but I don't think you get what I saying. Lemme slow down for you.

Tithe in the bible isn't money n today people like me question it and being challenging it for years. Offering too in the bible is not money. When we challenge tithe we also challenge offering because malachi says....in tithes and offerings.

So what I'm saying is, in today's church which is of Christ, what when we worship God with our money, THAT'S NOT OFFERING because biblical OFFERING means something DIFFERENT. What we give in our worship gathering in Christ church is called CONTRIBUTIONS.

But if you're saying people challenge tithe and why not offering because today's tithe is money that's y we're challenging it and same should go to offering too being money THEN we're going to have to contest with Hebrews 10vs8 because it canceled OFFERING too
If you call money you give to you local church contributions, I won't call mine that. You can give money, service, food items or whatever you wish to as the Spirit leads...
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Investnow2017: 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:

The apostle Paul who also wrote the book of Hebrews says at Romans 10:4 that Christ is the END OF THE LAW. If you know the principles of tithing you would know why it was NEVER preached by the early apostles of Jesus Christ. When Christ spoke about tithing at Matthew 23, the Law was still in force, sadly many miss this point. The superiority of the new priesthood is so much and spiritual that it does not dwell on material or mundane things even such as money.

If you understand what the apostle was discussing in the book of Hebrews you would know that the Christian gives not just tithe, one tenth, but ALL himself/herself to God, and this is done WILLINGLY not by subtle coersion. What is 10% when your heart is swelling in love for God for his wonderful gift of his dear son?

Christians are not under any obligation to tithe as was done by Abraham or as required under the Law. DONT BE DECEIVED by those blinded by materialism who see God's blessings only in form of money, money and more money.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Investnow2017:

The apostle Paul who also wrote the book of Hebrews says at Romans 10:4 that Christ is the END OF THE LAW. If you know the principles of tithing you would know why it was NEVER preached by the early apostles of Jesus Christ. When Christ spoke about tithing at Matthew 23, the Law was still in force, sadly many miss this point. The superiority of the new priesthood is so much and spiritual that it does not dwell on material or mundane things even such as money.

If you understand what the apostle was discussing in the book of Hebrews you would know that the Christian gives not just tithe, one tenth, but ALL himself/herself to God, and this is done WILLINGLY not by subtle coersion. What is 10% when your heart is swelling in love for God for his wonderful gift of his dear son?

Christians are not under any obligation to tithe as was done by Abraham or as required under the Law. DONT BE DECEIVED by those blinded by materialism who see God's blessings only in form of money, money and more money.
I don't pay tithe simply because I'm coerced to sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.