Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90412 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by londoner: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
alexialin:

They don't want to renew house rent every year, Thats why they prefer to buy or build house. And also lands to build buisnesses.
But such plans, alerts thieves or armed robbers, even kidnappers sef. Unless like what ericko2k2 said except if he has an angel with double edged swords then perfect, go ahead. smiley

Some people sublet a compound, have some accommodation for themselves then rent out the rest. There are so many properties that are empty also. Even in the UK that's what some people do. Sometimes you have to look at the actual options open to you depending on the facts like how much money you actually have or don't have. There are some developers that do rent to buy in Abuja also. They also have lists of owners that are looking to sublet.

It's not always the same old way especially when it makes no sense when you consider your situation at the time.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=Agbaletu post=63106498][/quote]

Location ILE Ife osun state I personally was involved in the sale of 500k plots of land twice to 2 different fillings stations ...other examples are all the other towns nationwide
Regards
So you don't think 2 million can build a 2 room shaped building lol maybe you think u building a flat and apartment ....service station that doesn't even have any real economic function

And the other ones you commenting maybe on lol ...nawa for some of u guys sha do you even know wht a fuel shield is loool
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by InvertedHammer: 11:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
babaskool:

I have 1 plot of land each personally for sale in these areas of Ibadan -layipo, modona, and soka price 500k

Even the 30k dollars was is too much for the filling station self so he is fine and if u serious abt business, u wud forget slay queen

The die is cast.

OP carry your $30k, relocate to Nigeria and live happily ever after. Don't forget to update us on your progress. We will like to know how you do it. That will settle the argument and debate.
/

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 11:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Are typing from tripoli or anywhere in Libya?

How did u guess?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
TheAlchemist:

Nicely said,,, but sadly things hardly work that way, before you know it the fuel station might be ear marked for demolition, because the lawyer did not ensure that the proper C/O of was obtained, hope you get my drift, or that the road network has to expanded, no problem the person who invested all his money in developing the petrol station, might wait forever to get government compensation... things hardly work the way it should, in this Country.

Perfect example

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by gblissogan(m): 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
Unlimited22:
If I ever leave this country permanently, only God's voice will make me even think about coming back.
Op, the country is kinda in a mess, just plan yourself well, your degrees and work experience should be able to get you a good job. Check LinkedIn.
You should settle down a bit before moving into distribution IMHO to let you grasp the dos and donts of the business side of the nation.
Kudos to you.
PS - Do you have green card that you are not using again?
Or even H1-B visa?
i pity you, go dubai and see if u no go cry to come back to nigeria
despite the hardship no place like home, if u think i they lie asking me wetting i they see for here in dubai
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by PefHouse: 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.

That money is peanuts for what you have listed here unless u meant 300,000 usd

You do not need to relocate to Nigeria to buy a property. The cash u mentioned can just get you settled say rent a house buy a decent car, and maybe land in the inner suburbs.

You would have burnt through your savings in 3months. As for the biz, 2supermarkets i doubt u will even pay the rent.

As for work, if you are a software developer remain in the US. People with your profile full here, so salaries may not be as competitive as u are still entry level. You can get a job of 7m per annum and above if u are fortunate.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of [b]what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA [/b]for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

I cant do that for security reasons, why will I wanna xpose identity of a person on here, go to the property section,you will see loads, Oh u want to share licence ahah I just keep getting better
out of interest, what age bracket are you?

I don't know why u talking like this bro, NNPC tells you every fling station needs a license to lift PMS from it's depots and u automatically assume every filling station that currently sells fuel has complied with the directive ....lol I don't even understand which planet you one bro ...
I'm 29, my dad has a filling station so I was born and bred in the game ...trust me I didn't just wake up to come and tell u lies for no reason....
10m is more than enough to build a filling station don't let the multiplier effects of Lagos rates deceive you or discourage you
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
babaskool:

Hopefully you clear on where you get cheap land from now, a fuel dispenser costs a million naira each, as a lawyer I personally do C of O and other land agreements for 10 percent of the value of the land so that abt 50k to 100k

You would need abt 100 bags of cement with two truckload of gravel and sand budget 300k maximum...
So total is 500k plus our original 6.5mlion naira estimate so there is still much more of the 10 million naira left
This was frm a builder on here
b]I will quote from the last I did in 2009.

1. Road Side Property along Winner, Otta Zone = I have no idea how much this cost my client. And this was 2 plots.
2. Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria IPMAN Approval and Site Registration: #1,200,000
3. Approved Drawing for Filling Station: #850,000
4. Construction Cost: (This was a 6 Nozzle Station: 4: Petrol, 1: Kerosene, 1: Diesel): #30,000,000
5. My engineering firm charged: #3,100,000 for the entire project.

We are tlaking roughly #35,000,000.00 naira. NB: Minus the road side land. This always seems to sometimes outweigh the entire project.
I also dont know about the supply, marketing, aspect. So, please, kindly note this and do your research.

And kindly note: 6 nozzles is the highest you can go. And also note: as at 2010, IPMAN Lagos chapter changed the law that filling station must be built on 2plots of land or more. If you want 6 nozzles, you definitely need 2 plots or more. Also note that, the most expensive is 6 nozzles. We have 4, 3, 2, depending on how busy you want your station to be.

Extra: And when trying to get your approval, dont waste your time with a lawyer, find an IPMAN insider, or your approval wont come out until 2050 grin
incase you want me to handle this project for you. Happy Sunday Nairalander.
[/b]
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

We have an abundance of human resources to stay back and develop the country.

All the best we have , their eyes are set abroad. Only second rate remain
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 11:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
babaskool:

I don't know why u talking like this bro, NNPC tells you every fling station needs a license to lift PMS from it's depots and u automatically assume every filling station that currently sells fuel has complied with the directive ....lol I don't even understand which planet you one bro ...
I'm 29, my dad has a filling station so I was born and bred in the game ...trust me I didn't just wake up to come and tell u lies for no reason....
10m is more than enough to build a filling station don't let the multiplier effects of Lagos rates deceive you or discourage you
b]I will quote from the last I did in 2009.

1. Road Side Property along Winner, Otta Zone = I have no idea how much this cost my client. And this was 2 plots.
2. Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria IPMAN Approval and Site Registration: #1,200,000
3. Approved Drawing for Filling Station: #850,000
4. Construction Cost: (This was a 6 Nozzle Station: 4: Petrol, 1: Kerosene, 1: Diesel): #30,000,000
5. My engineering firm charged: #3,100,000 for the entire project.

We are tlaking roughly #35,000,000.00 naira. NB: Minus the road side land. This always seems to sometimes outweigh the entire project.
I also dont know about the supply, marketing, aspect. So, please, kindly note this and do your research.

And kindly note: 6 nozzles is the highest you can go. And also note: as at 2010, IPMAN Lagos chapter changed the law that filling station must be built on 2plots of land or more. If you want 6 nozzles, you definitely need 2 plots or more. Also note that, the most expensive is 6 nozzles. We have 4, 3, 2, depending on how busy you want your station to be.

Extra: And when trying to get your approval, dont waste your time with a lawyer, find an IPMAN insider, or your approval wont come out until 2050 grin
incase you want me to handle this project for you. Happy Sunday Nairalander.
[/b]

this was 2009
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
timesup234:
Are people this dumb? How come not a single poster here knows Americans are suffering more than Nigerians? 75% of Americans will die completely broke and in debt. If Americans were asked to advance 6 months rent over 280 million of them will sleep on the street and if their paycheck is delayed for one week then 65% of them will sleep inside the gutter. Americans that cant boast of 400usd in an emergency you dumb idiots are trying to compare to Nigerians where an average serious worker can save up 500k easily. The journey of Nigerians to America have been one of complete failure, not a single one have made it genuinely. 85% of Americans dont even have 30kusd in cash. Everyone here sound dumb

Total nonsense. I live and have roots in both countries. I admire those who can live in Nigeria for months at a time without doing something desperate

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=Partnerbiz post=63107763]This is alice in wonderland.
9 million to start a school, real estate or filling station.
This shows you don't even have a smattering of what you are saying.

So all filling stations make 400k per day? This is ludicrous. And that type of filling station can be set up with 9 million? Can 9 million secure a small portion in a good location?

Or is it school? What type of school can 9 mil set up.
Gosh![/quote
Bro some filling stations make up to 400 k amount in sales for that day go and ask around ....even whilst I'm there I filled up the tank with 15k the guy before me did and it was still 7am in the morning pls don't come here with ur ignorance ooo, before some close for the day they go to deposit at the bank twice cos the cash is too much already
I'm tired of telling people who live in the overpriced areas of Lagos that there is cheap land everywhere else I don tire bro
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
babaskool:

Plz pay attention to teh part where it says you need two Plots of land
https://www.wealthresult.com/oil-and-gas/how-to-setup-petrol-filling-station-in
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 11:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=babaskool post=63108303][/quote]
4get he land part as you can see you need two plots for starters.the cost of cement and quantity is same irresepctive of where you at in 9ja
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 11:53pm On Dec 08, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

You said 500k can buy a land along d main road in Ibadan? Are you kidding or what. It will be better to stay mute if you have no clue of what you are saying. To find 500k land for ib u go enter bush.

But did you read where I said the land was located, do you even live in Ibadan to know where these places are ...or would you like to view these plots urself so u can be sure of what I am saying
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 11:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
babaskool:

But did you read where I said the land was located, do you even live in Ibadan to know where these places are ...or would you like to view these plots urself so u can be sure of what I am saying
No I dnt and wont live there, my point is this, if you locate your petrol station in a not so good location its Money down teh drain This is fact, hence you need to build one in a good location and Im very sure good location are not sold 500k/plot lets be realistic!and that cost of concreat re enforcement/Slab is way outta touch, I gave U an example of mine, my area was not up to two plot see howmuch it cost.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by sicario2222: 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
It's like you spent your years in the US mainly eating burger and not following news.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by nypha: 12:00am On Dec 09, 2017
MobilityExpress:
Blueflyboy you want to relocate to Nigeria after 8 years of academic and job success in America? Hmm, it looks like village people have started to dial your number. Village people in Nigeria are strong o grin

@OP
Most people here have given you their piece of advice: the 'no place like home' crew, and the 'home can be where you say it is'.

Everyone's situation might not be the same but, some people could have similar situations. Some people could come back home (Nigeria) & become better off, while some can come back & become worse off.

Most graduates who came back to Nigeria (especially those from Europe), didn't do it of their own will, but were forced by the immigration policies in their guest countries (complete your education & go back home). Host countries making work permits tough to get for graduates, as well as for their intending employers.

Like you, most spent same number of years (if not more), acquiring degrees & pro experiences. They believed that with such high level of qualifications & work/personal experiences, getting settled into the Nigerian environment would be less of a threat. But reverse became the case.

Coming back home is not as easy as people make it appear. Life here is tough. Even the 'survival of the fittest' adage does not hold anymore. With Masters, PhD/experiences, settling back with ease in Nigeria is no longer guaranteed.

You may find a job but, it could be low paying. Also, there is the problem of employment @ will here in Nigeria.
The competition is high as, lots of international qualified graduates came back home all almost at the same period & a lot of them are home, jobless, frustrated & depressed.

Our gvt keep encouraging its citizens to come back home when they cannot provide solutions to accommodate these qualified hands & do not have any laid out plans to help them settle back in, or how to put their expertise to good use.

I understand you're in a crossroad due to immigration policies that's why the thought of wanting to come back home. Nevertheless, if you can find a way to migrate to other countries where they have less rigid & unfriendly immigration policies towards international students, why not try it (that is if you still have enough time left on your student stay). But if you don't, then, you don't really have a choice to make but to journey home.

But I must tell you the truth. I took the part of journeying home after my studies abroad (BSc, Masters, work experience, same number of years abroad as you) instead of going on to get my PhD (which I have always desired) and I tell you this, its been nothing but regrets especially since the change in gvt. This present gvt seem to lack direction.

May you make wise decisions regarding your situation.

Kindly keep us informed of the new development.

Wish you the best.

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 12:01am On Dec 09, 2017
erico2k2:

100 bag of cement ?
plz go to my page on here, U will see teh decking I did, the slab was 6 inches thick its for a two flat and a duplex, that took 180 bags of cement, and cost approx 3.5M to complete,are you for real?

Hope u reading what u saying urself , u done an 6 inches slab nd it costs 180 bags of cement don't u know the pipes running underground from the dispenser to the underground tank might not allow ur concert slab to be any thing more than an inch thick ... And when I said 100 bags of cement werent u thinking I knew a unit price was 2500 of which still comes under the 300k quote I said and pls don't say gravel and sand nko cos since we started this argument ....that money has not reached the 10m the Op quoted and we have literally built it on here from scratch ....so pls don't ask me wht abt gravel, paint, staff uniforms cos maybe it's the remaining 3 million they are selling it you will tell me
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 12:02am On Dec 09, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

I was told you can buy fake rice now cheesy

Also fake eggs
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Partnerbiz(f): 12:05am On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=babaskool post=63108303][/quote]

You are not being realistic at all.

I doubt if you have done any real business before. I guess you have just theory.

From your post elsewhere a plot of land for filling station can be secured at 500k to 900k. Such plot must be in a timid rural area and can't at same time make upto 400k sales.
In fact, there is no good location is Onitsha for instance for filling station that the plot is less than 10-20m.

You talked about real estate with 9 million?

What type of real estate is that?

Abeg park one side. Stop reading theories on papers.

Bro some filling stations make up to 400 k
amount in sales for that day go and ask around
....even whilst I'm there I filled up the tank with
15k the guy before me did and it was still 7am in
the morning pls don't come here with ur
ignorance ooo, before some close for the day
they go to deposit at the bank twice cos the
cash is too much already
I'm tired of telling people who live in the
overpriced areas of Lagos that there is cheap
land everywhere else I don tire bro

( Quote) ( Report ) ( Like ) ( Share )
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 12:06am On Dec 09, 2017
Alcatraz005:

It is right? Care to explain why it is sad? grin

I'm just saddened by your tone. Like someone who has really tried but is finally giving up
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 12:06am On Dec 09, 2017
erico2k2:

No I dnt and wont live there, my point is this, if you locate your petrol station in a not so good location its Money down teh drain This is fact, hence you need to build one in a good location and Im very sure good location are not sold 500k/plot lets be realistic!and that cost of concreat re enforcement/Slab is way outta touch, I gave U an example of mine, my area was not up to two plot see howmuch it cost.
So u don't even live in Ibadan and u were arguing with me on how much I am selling my own land nawa sha, so u think it's u that would tell me the location of the ideal place for a fuel station after 10 years in the game smh bro u funny die
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by ibedun: 12:06am On Dec 09, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Don’t mind him. He must be suffering in Nigeria too but he wants company. I know people like him. If you are not a politician or a successful yahoo boy, you cannot enjoy Nigeria!

With this mindset you are already dead in Nigeria.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 12:07am On Dec 09, 2017
babaskool:

Hope u reading what u saying urself , u done an 6 inches slab nd it costs 180 bags of cement don't u know the pipes running underground from the dispenser to the underground tank might not allow ur concert slab to be any thing more than an inch thick ... And when I said 100 bags of cement werent u thinking I knew a unit price was 2500 of which still comes under the 300k quote I said and pls don't say gravel and sand nko cos since we started this argument ....that money has not reached the 10m the Op quoted and we have literally built it on here from scratch ....so pls don't ask me wht abt gravel, paint, staff uniforms cos maybe it's the remaining 3 million they are selling it you will tell me
Do you know what Inch is?
So you are going to do a one Inch slab to floor your petrol station for cars to drive on? you average DPC is 4 inches this carries human weight, I dont think you know what I am talking about angry angry
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 12:10am On Dec 09, 2017
babaskool:

So u don't even live in Ibadan and u were arguing with me on how much I am selling my own land nawa sha, so u think it's u that would tell me the location of the ideal place for a fuel station after 10 years in the game smh bro u funny die
come to the property section and sell your land.Im sure you will get one hundread cals in 10 mins at that price.I live in the UK,I got no connection to Ibadan, my areas are warri sapele and PH.But I got loads of friends here who are from Ibadan,Ijebu lekki axis and they are building as we speak and we have a good laugh in the property and Auto sections.So come there and come repeat all waht you are saying so the pros grill you and that one inch slab is still killing me grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 12:12am On Dec 09, 2017
Partnerbiz:

I doubt if you have done any real business before. I guess you have just theory.

From your post elsewhere a plot of land for filling station can be secured at 500k to 900k. Such plot must be in a timid rural area and can't at same time make upto 400k sales.
In fact, there is no good location is Onitsha for instance for filling station that the plot is less than 10-20m.

bro the one wey pain me pass the guy say E wan do slab of one inch thick , dat one weak me
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Fela4ese: 12:14am On Dec 09, 2017
Shebi u get family for naija ask dem na who u Dey form activity for sef?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 12:14am On Dec 09, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Hope u were not the same guy I told I sold 500 k per plot to two differn filling station in a town called ILE Ife osun state ...
You are in onitsha a state capital and u are complaining that good prime land costs 10-20m as if all the other prime location in other towns would cost the same ....
Bro you need to leave your comfor zone and try and look around more locally this is what worked for me, land are expensive where expensive neighbourhoods are ...you need to go to lesser towns, fuel is a commodity with an elastic demand meaning no matter what so far the location is ideal, NO MATTEE WHERE THE LOCATION ONCE AGAIN NO MATTER WHERE THE LOCATION IS... It's consumption is the same , i have seen this happen with my eyes nd equally read upon it in school wht it's happened

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 12:18am On Dec 09, 2017
babaskool:

I just went fru your profile and post,
shegey for you,U gt me there,you aint shyte.why are you despiratly trying to B stewpadeyou Dad owns no filling station, you dont know jack about the azz you talking about, beside you said you was in London 2012? remmeber this
https://www.nairaland.com/1273851/anyone-experience-online-e-commerce-site#63108734
U lied You was a lawyer,
This was your POST
Anyone With Any Experience Of An Online E-commerce Site Please Comment by babaskool(m): 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
so guys i'm based in london being designing websites for about a year now but now i'm working on my own e-commerce online store like jumia which would be selling cheap brand new popular smartphones....so like i want anyone with any experience in e-commerce side of website creating to get at me and besides i can't put a link of my work in progress website because i'm building the website offline through WORDPRESS and yes u can build a website through wordpress without being online...but that's another story itself..so start commenting guys

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
HolyGhost fire for your head, I was busy wasting my time talking to you, no wonder you said your slab was one inch
kia i don die, if say U dey near me like now the slaaap u for take for reset your destiny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (40)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Travel To Dubai / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Cannibal Tribe That 'Killed & Ate Rockefeller' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.