Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? (5116 Views)

Ladies What's That Brokest Thing A Man Did That Made You Leave Him / Ladies What's That Brokest Thing A Man Did That Made You Leave Him / I am the brokest person on nairaland see evidence PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2017
After having my fill of a sumptuous meal this morning, I couldn't help thinking of the concoction rice and other tasteless foods I stuffed my belly with just to get through the day sometimes back in OAU.

So, on this faithful day man was broke. Fortunately I had N800 in my account. But unfortunately, the ATMs in school then did not dispense N500 notes so it's either I made the withdrawal over the counter and part with a hundred naira as service charge or I topped my balance to make a withdrawal of at least N1000 through the ATM.
I had to borrow N1, 200 from a friend, made a deposit of the same amount to my account as it would be shameful to queue in line for some minutes just to make a deposit of N200.
So I waited for some minutes for my account to be credited, withdrew the cash and returned my friend's money.

What is the 'brokest' you have been?

(Mods, I don't know the right section for this.)

5 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 07, 2017
500naira in my hand, I was expecting money from my dad that day, but unfortunately, network was affecting my bank so the next day I had borrowed 1k from my friend and then, I went to bank to withdraw the money. That's the brokest.

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 07, 2017
GTB is kind enough to allow one leave N100 in one's account. That's the brokest I've been. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2017
acme6:
500naira in my hand, I was expecting money from my dad that day, but unfortunately, network was affecting my bank so the next day I had borrowed 1k from my friend and then, I went to bank to withdraw the money. That's the brokest.

Really? Lucky you
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 8:24am On Dec 07, 2017
kimbraa:
GTB is kind enough to allow one leave N100 in one's account. That's the brokest I've been. grin
grin
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by eph12(m): 8:25am On Dec 07, 2017
You didn't even stand in the queue for your 800 and you're complaining. What about me that took my withdrawal booklet to the hall for #600?

23 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Blackhawk01: 8:25am On Dec 07, 2017
96 naira. shocked grin grin
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 8:30am On Dec 07, 2017
eph12:
You didn't even stand in the queue for your 800 and you're complaining. What about me that took my withdrawal booklet to the hall for #600?
Wetin you take the money buy? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 8:31am On Dec 07, 2017
Blackhawk01:
96 naira. shocked grin grin
in your account or cash at hand

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by eph12(m): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2017
QuietHammer:

Wetin you take the money buy? grin
To eat for that day. Was expecting money but for some reason it didn't reflect on time. I was already owing so I couldn't borrow anymore
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Blackhawk01: 8:35am On Dec 07, 2017
QuietHammer:
in your account or cash at hand

Cash at bank grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by darkenkach(m): 8:35am On Dec 07, 2017
I had just #50 all I could get was a keg of water for 5days which I used in taking my bath and looking fresh.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by LordHiffy(m): 8:44am On Dec 07, 2017
0 in my pocket, 0 in my bank account. I had to drink only garri for like 4-5days consecutively. Thank God i had garri at home.

16 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by eTECTIVe(m): 8:46am On Dec 07, 2017
I was so broke at some point I couldn't even afford ordinary sleep

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2017
I was expecting to see someone talked about eating from friends and neighbors for the full month or more than.

You don carry spoon visit person before just to ease looking for spoon to chop rice or garri when ready. My friends then Dey hide their spoons and plate so you can’t just come in and join the party.

No one here locate where the aroma from cooking is coming from? You’d have to go there and book ticket for your empty stomach

You don buy food and provisions for hand sotay you stopped showing your face at the shop to avoid embarrassment. If money show just go clear bills

Who don chop white rice like that before? No maggi, no oil, nothing nothing. Just to kill hunger, boil the rice and chop.

Going to uninvited occasions like burial, marriages, birthdays, etc.

Hunger beat me sotay, I Dey form sick make neighbors for pity me dash me money.

School life. Good old days abi na bad old days I go call am

30 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by labanj1(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2017
Undergraduate days.
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 07, 2017
I was so broke and hungry long time ago, I had to eat in my dreams to survive.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by osuntuyi20: 9:31am On Dec 07, 2017
zero for bank n hand...tinx hard then...Thanks to winners goldenbet n bet9ja wey dey give me joy nau

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 07, 2017
stupidity:
I was expecting to see someone talked about eating from friends and neighbors for the full month or more than.

You don carry spoon visit person before just to ease looking for spoon to chop rice or garri when ready. My friends then Dey hide their spoons and plate so you can’t just come in and join the party.

No one here locate where the aroma from cooking is coming from? You’d have to go there and book ticket for your empty stomach

You don buy food and provisions for hand sotay you stopped showing your face at the shop to avoid embarrassment. If money show just go clear bills

Who don chop white rice like that before? No maggi, no oil, nothing nothing. Just to kill hunger, boil the rice and chop.

Going to uninvited occasions like burial, marriages, birthdays, etc.

Hunger beat me sotay, I Dey form sick make neighbors for pity me dash me money.

School life. Good old days abi na bad old days I go call am

@bolded, very terrible xperience cry

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Mafking(m): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2017
had just 500 in the bank,had to use withdrawal method(slip)and I was still forming boss on the queue...
alas! it got to my turn,gave the woman the slip, was Already calculating how I would squeeze the money into my pocket within 2 seconds grin

that was how the banker return my slip to me...was confused, she said I should check the back of the slip....this is what she wrote there below

total balance: 491...

he no go better for Gtbgrin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by MrWondah(m): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2017
I don dey broke sorry I come due owe GTBank #1050 to 3 months.

I been get issues with my dad wen I been dey fully depend on am. That should be my first year. The man no gree give me money o. Sake of say him see me with girl for living room as we dey gum body. Just small kissing.

After I lost my ATM card I say make I go apply for another one. I no know say the card dey one of my jean pocket

Then I been get 1k hoping say palé man go send small thing come. As e reach Fri gtbank no collect their money na so I treck go withdraw the 1 k o.

Monday na so them tell me say them don deduct 1k my account come dey read minus mean while I don go make them cancel the application say I don see my card.

Luck wey me I get be say den never block the card. Palè no send money for 3 weeks I beg taya.

Wetin save me na my girl friends and some of my padi. I for roast. Those girls go cook carry the food cone give me.

Uyiii , gucciqueen38 how broke una don dey?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 26, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Timagex(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2018
Many terrible days FAM.. grin I drank garri for weeks, sotay, the place I used to borrow garri, immediately I opened the door, the guy told me their garri yaf finish grin cheesy that I should not bother coming in sad...come c as laff follow... I wanted to die, but, I didn't embarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by centurionpapa(m): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
I remembered the day bank teller had a good laugh at me because I wanted to withdraw 980 naira.
I've also gone 3 uninterrupted days without eating during my days at ife. Had to borrow(without approval) from my roommate to end the agonizing hunger...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Tamarapetty(f): 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Have u ever been broke, u used your last 100 as transport, only for u to get to the bank to withdraw ur last card(being hungry) and the ATM shows 'no service'? Then you're like 'oh, lemme try the next bank' , after standing under hot sun, the ATM kuku swallowed ur card?? Heheh, darkness took over after that, can't remember what happened next

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Shegzy8(m): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
Undergraduate days in oau, I stayed just in front of campus gate(asherifa)...I was so broke and had to take bike to the atm with the mindset of withdrawing my last cash on a friday evening..on getting there the bike man waited for me to withdraw and come out..

My card got swallowed and I didn't know how to come out from the atm point and tell the bike man what just happened...I just stood there sweating profusely...fortunately for me a friend came to withdraw and helped me with 1k

5 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Naija2mumu(m): 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
23 naira after using the last 100 for call card. Chai. It no funny that time sha grin. Working for some people is full time imprisonment
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by anayolity: 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
Lol.... There was a particular day last year my friends where arguing that it will be a curse for a man not to boast of common garri to drink.... I was in support but deep down I knew I was the Cursed one in their midst cos I had absolutely nothing on me that day not even garri....

I just went inside and wept bitterly...

There was a particular night I woke up to eat groundnut and fufu.... don't ask how it tasted I didn't know either , I was just trying to stay alive!

We're not there yet.... But We won't stop pushing either ...

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Rosebloom: 11:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mafking:
had just 500 in the bank,had to use withdrawal method(slip)and I was still forming boss on the queue...
alas! it got to my turn,gave the woman the slip, was Already calculating how I would squeeze the money into my pocket within 2 seconds grin

that was how the banker return my slip to me...was confused, she said I should check the back of the slip....this is what she wrote there below

total balance: 491...

he no go better for Gtbgrin

This right here cracked me up mehn!

5 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by hkidola00(m): 3:13am On Aug 31, 2018
anayolity:
Lol.... There was a particular day last year my friends where arguing that it will be a curse for a man not to boast of common garri to drink.... I was in support but deep down I knew I was the Cursed one in their midst cos I had absolutely nothing on me that day not even garri....

I just went inside and wept bitterly...

There was a particular night I woke up to eat groundnut and fufu.... don't ask how it tasted I didn't know either , I was just trying to stay alive!

We're not there yet.... But We won't stop pushing either ...
lool,@ " cursed one "
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Divay22(f): 3:53am On Aug 31, 2018
So broke that i was having terrible nightmares. I didn't eat for a whole day (promising myself, tomorrow would be better)
It's wasn't funny and i barely talk when am broke,hungry or hurt (it's better i don't tell you than to tell you and be disappointed) that's when tears fall like rain..

That's why i give when i have, cause i know what's like not to have.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fb Slay Queen Shares Her Nude Online,captions It,"I wil feed your papa" / Is This Booty Natural?? / What Ended Your Last Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.