Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:45 PM

What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? (5247 Views)

Ladies What's That Brokest Thing A Man Did That Made You Leave Him / Ladies What's That Brokest Thing A Man Did That Made You Leave Him / I am the brokest person on nairaland see evidence PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Wizywiz(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2018
stupidity:
I was expecting to see someone talked about eating from friends and neighbors for the full month or more than.

You don carry spoon visit person before just to ease looking for spoon to chop rice or garri when ready. My friends then Dey hide their spoons and plate so you can’t just come in and join the party.

No one here locate where the aroma from cooking is coming from? You’d have to go there and book ticket for your empty stomach

You don buy food and provisions for hand sotay you stopped showing your face at the shop to avoid embarrassment. If money show just go clear bills

Who don chop white rice like that before? No maggi, no oil, nothing nothing. Just to kill hunger, boil the rice and chop.

Going to uninvited occasions like burial, marriages, birthdays, etc.

Hunger beat me sotay, I Dey form sick make neighbors for pity me dash me money.

School life. Good old days abi na bad old days I go call am
mehn this got my ribs cracking.. I don't die for laugh here
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Mekenz(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
hahahaha.......... I could remember vividly during my year two at Unizik,that very month I was so broke,what sustain my system was only biscuits and pure water for the whole month,i will have to buy one in the morning,and one at night after then,i will take one tea spoon of red oil, in other to make sure that there is oil in my diet,because that's the only thing I have then......shai i can never wish my enemy that kind of situation because it's very horrible.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Was broke in school, staying in the hostel, i asked my friend why he bought a comfortable bed for tenKcefa when the school already gave him a manageable bed.

They laughed hard and one guy told me I was gonna die broke...I literally dropped out of school for foreseen reasons.

I'm doing better than lots of em, not all...but a lot of them

And the guy who told me I was gonn die broke...I took him out...spent a a chunk of money on him
He thinks I did it cos we friends and all that
But I did it cos of that statement he made 2years back.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 3:03pm On Aug 31, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Have u ever been broke, u used your last 100 as transport, only for u to get to the bank to withdraw ur last card(being hungry) and the ATM shows 'no service'? Then you're like 'oh, lemme try the next bank' , after standing under hot sun, the ATM kuku swallowed ur card?? Heheh, darkness took over after that, can't remember what happened next
You fainted grin
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
Divay22:
So broke that i was having terrible nightmares. I didn't eat for a whole day (promising myself, tomorrow would be better)
It's wasn't funny and i barely talk when am broke,hungry or hurt (it's better i don't tell you than to tell you and be disappointed) that's when tears fall like rain..

That's why i give when i have, cause i know what's like not to have.
I used to think girls have it so easy in school and never go hungry
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
Was broke in school, staying in the hostel, i asked my friend why he bought a comfortable bed for tenKcefa when the school already gave him a manageable bed.

They laughed hard and one guy told me I was gonna die broke...I literally dropped out of school for foreseen reasons.

And the guy who told me I was gonn die broke...I took him out...spent a a chunk of money on him
Wow. This is inspiring

2 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by alitee: 3:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
brokeness...cooked beans for 3 days cuz der waz no moni 4 kerosene, had to use hot plate... rommie nd i had slpless 9ts w8n 4 power supply...t wz horribu

5 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by GODSMILEFOREVER: 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2018
I was only broke in my secondary school. I attended boarding school , stayed in hostel for six years. Men it was very terrible. With what I passed through none of my children will go to boarding school.

With that experience GOD didn't allow me to go to federal or state university. HE took me to private university.
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Lapalapa: 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2018
The posts here are really funny

Mine was service year, waiting for that first allawee after leaving camp... Had used my savings plus camp allawee to rent a room

Unfortunately, allawee was delayed. Had to make do with soaking garri n leaving t till t was hard, then mixing egusi plus red oil plus maggi together n leaving the sun to heat t up a little (Northern sun was really helpful)

To that guy that sold the fake hotplate to me, I'm sure God is watching u with a smile on his face

9 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Divay22(f): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
I used to think girls have it so easy in school and never go hungry
Some do that's if you wanna use the other way.
But for me , relying solemnly on my mum, I was hungry and broke.

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by atilla(m): 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
Year1 Easter Holiday. All my housemates had gone home and only me left in the house. Couldn't afford trade to go to town .
Ate rice and epa. For stew I used blended tomato from tin that one of my friend had left. I was so happy that it wasn't tomato purée at least

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobodys(f): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hehehehe........ Now remembering all of that makes me laugh a lot.....Thank God for life..

I was sooooooooooo broke one day eh... Gawddd it's was so glaring on my face..... Had only #50 with me, didn't even know what to do with the money I just held on to it ....After lectures that day I left school feeling so frustrated and tired... I think I cried sef.... Kikikikikikiki.....

Buh my God is alive cheesy.... As I was trekking back home, A car just stopped, the kind eye wey I use look the man ehhhh.. hahahaha.... The man noticed it sef, he said ""Oh fine gel, y are you frowning soo much na, is it cause of the sun.... please don't be angry, don't wanna disturb you...I'm looking for a place I can get pounded yam and soup and I'm lost please can you help me?"......

There was an eatery down the road and that was the only place one could get pounded yam..... I tried to describe the place to him buh he wasn't getting it so he said " Please just come in let's go together, you can get a plate for yourself if you don't mind".....

See full speed wey I use enter stranger car ehh ....For the first time in life, I didn't care whether he was a ritualist or something .... kikikiki....

We got to the eatery.... I ordered and ate ehhhh... kikikiki...The man sef, seems like he was really hungry...after eating, he dropped me off and thanked me.......

I don't think I will ever forget that day..... Thanked God so much for being a girl...... hahaha

5 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2018
QuietHammer:

Wow. This is inspiring
life is inspiring
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by 11thGoldTREE: 5:00am On Mar 10, 2019
Mafking:
had just 500 in the bank,had to use withdrawal method(slip)and I was still forming boss on the queue...
alas! it got to my turn,gave the woman the slip, was Already calculating how I would squeeze the money into my pocket within 2 seconds grin

that was how the banker return my slip to me...was confused, she said I should check the back of the slip....this is what she wrote there below

total balance: 491...

he no go better for Gtbgrin
hahhhh@ all is well
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by 11thGoldTREE: 5:08am On Mar 10, 2019
Rayhandrinni:

I just read your post and it meant alot to me

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by psalmsmiles(m): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
Rayhandrinni:

RESPECT!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by damipryce(m): 12:30am On Mar 11, 2019
i suffer well well 4 OAU, before someone can see you taking lacasera and egg roll and shout "guy where u c am, who dash you", you should understand because garri and kuli na my padi, infact na one trouser i get for year two , but i remember when i was in part 4, i didn't eat through out the day and i was lucky, one of my room mate gave me 100 naira around 10:30pm, i shaperly run enter new buka bcoz na ETF hostel i dey stay, buy amaala 100 naira no meat, d lady serving the food looked at me, shook her head and gave me ponmo for free.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Chidexter(m): 12:58am On Mar 11, 2019
ive been so broke that i finally got to understand that poverty and penury are not similar in anyway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Casan0va: 3:05am On Mar 11, 2019
Reading all these made me reminisce.

This was last year. Easter period.
The major theme when I called home for money was to pray and when money would be finally sent, asked to manage.

I remember, they sent me transport. One thing led to another and I used it to play bet and lost. (As a broke boy, I believed betting can give me some money).

I didn't know how to call home and tell them. I was penniless, everyone has travelled back home. I was practically the only person in my lodge..
I had garri and small sugar(thankfully). That was what I was taking till it finished.. I finally summoned courage and told them that I didn't have transport fare.

After shouting and stuff, my dad refused to send another one. I think it was my sister that sent money across.
I happily trekked to the ATM to withdraw, after standing in queue, I found out I forgot my card at home. I had to trek back under the hot sun sad.

I searched everywhere, I couldn't find the card, I broke down and wept. I was already looking like a skeleton.
I didn't eat for 2 days uninterrupted.

Finally on Easter Sunday, I had to beg one woman for food.

Luckily nepa gave constant light, so I watched movies on my laptop.
I couldn't walk on the road, because I was staggering.
I was forced to sell my 32gb memory card for 800 naira just to eat.. .

Man don suffer for thus life oo.
I contemplated suicide. Even my phone was misbehaving, I angrily smashed it.
Nothing was going my way.
It was holiday period, so banks were not open so I could use withdrawal slip.

Thank God for life sha

3 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:12am On Mar 11, 2019
Have you ever been so broke you had to use Omo to take a bath cause you had no bathing soap ? So broke you couldn't afford to cut your hair for a month ?

Now I have 3 different kinds of shampoo in my bathroom plus shower gel, soap.
Money in my account

I look back Lord and I am grateful. Don't ever give up the struggle.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by edicied: 7:18am On Mar 11, 2019
Was so broke and hungry i had to go plug mango fruit to eat grin was careful so that girls wouldn't see me disgracing myself plugging the fruit lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by frank41(m): 7:43am On Mar 11, 2019
Divay22:
So broke that i was having terrible nightmares. I didn't eat for a whole day (promising myself, tomorrow would be better)
It's wasn't funny and i barely talk when am broke,hungry or hurt (it's better i don't tell you than to tell you and be disappointed) that's when tears fall like rain..

That's why i give when i have, cause i know what's like not to have.

Nice one. So motivated by your last comment!
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Divay22(f): 7:53am On Mar 11, 2019
frank41:

Nice one. So motivated by your last comment!
Oya share yours na
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by kullozone(m): 9:06am On Mar 11, 2019
alitee:
brokeness...cooked beans for 3 days cuz der waz no moni 4 kerosene, had to use hot plate... rommie nd i had slpless 9ts w8n 4 power supply...t wz horribu

So na hunger make you begin write like small pikin abi?

smiley
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2019
My brokest time was in school. Had just 1k home and abroad. Very trying time indeed
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:
Have you ever been so broke you had to use Omo to take a bath cause you had no bathing soap ? So broke you couldn't afford to cut your hair for a month ?

Now I have 3 different kinds of shampoo in my bathroom plus shower gel, soap.
Money in my account

I look back Lord and I am grateful. Don't ever give up the struggle.
That's life. As long as there's life, there's hope.
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Emytea(m): 9:30am On Mar 11, 2019
i was broke to the extend that i went to the canter to PAY 100 all in the sake of withdrawing the N950 in my account

Chai that faithful day were i normally board bike of 150 to i trek to that place
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by luckygeee: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2019
had an extra year in school and couldnt summon the courage to tell my parents so i came up with a lie and could not ask them for money afterwards. was so broke that i would go out to pluck unripe banana and store in my bag just so i can eat. garri was even a luxury and i had to enjoy every moment if i cld see garri to drink. had to treck long distances in the entire city on an empty stomach so i can get one or two tutorial centers to teach. that saved my life as i had more than enough to spare as i was making at least 2k daily. it really wasnt easy

3 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by buhariski(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2019
This life shall I could still remember 3 years back when I had nothing. I hav to use my new Nokia touch light phone as collateral for a cup of garri 25naira then, but the seller refused to sell for me. Up till date I'm still wondering how I survived DAT day.

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by finalboss(m): 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Mekenz:
hahahaha.......... I could remember vividly during my year two at Unizik,that very month I was so broke,what sustain my system was only biscuits and pure water for the whole month,i will have to buy one in the morning,and one at night after then,i will take one tea spoon of red oil, in other to make sure that there is oil in my diet,because that's the only thing I have then......shai i can never wish my enemy that kind of situation because it's very horrible.
mehn some real shit here. Wtf
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Fidelismaria: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
grin grin

Well mine was I had 100naira on me .....was expecting alert and it didn't come through ....so I bought 30naira water, 50naira okpa and 20naira biscuits

So I took my bath, ate my okpa and biscuits then went to lectures.....that was all I ate for that day... It was terrible

I hope never to pass through that again

Check out my signature
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by ghostwritter(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
during my undergraduate in Unilorin, I was so broke that I borrowed 1200 from my neighbor to prepare a pot of stew with rice for the weekend, I woke up the next day (saturday) to find a dead rat drown inside the fresh stew...I was so angry I had to re-kill the rat over and over. thank God for my understanding neighbor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ex-boyfriend’s Friend … (18+) / Nigerian Men Are In High Demand Abroad - Lady / I Am Afraid Of Sex. How Can I Prevent Extreme Tiredness After Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.