Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:05 AM

What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? (5241 Views)

Ladies What's That Brokest Thing A Man Did That Made You Leave Him / Ladies What's That Brokest Thing A Man Did That Made You Leave Him / I am the brokest person on nairaland see evidence PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by mespusinglez(m): 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
One Faithful Day In College
I Had Nothing In My Room
Gotta Go To The Nearby Bush To Look For Mango...
Mango Was My Lunch And Dinner That Day...
The next day I went To A Friends Room And We Cooked Rice Before My Dad Decides To Send Me Some Money.....
IT WAS TERRIBLE �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2019
Being broke in school is inevitable we all went through that. Being broke after school with nobody but ur skill and guts to survive is the real sh!t... I remember when i lost my job in abj and all i could think of was how to eat cos i hardly used my kitchen while i was still employed... i could go for days without food and on some days my Tiv girls would invite me over to their different places to eat, sleep over i had to be fvcking them in return. Sh!t got real when my rent expired i can't even begin to imagine the places i slept just to wake up and see the sun. Then i remembered the other bizness i said i would forget when i got employed. All through the hard times i sold my tv set,home theater and some other stuffs just to be afloat but i never gave up my lappy. God knows it wasn't my fault that i went back to the matter and not too long something happened for me.. I called the fvcking landlord that failed to believe me and invited the f00l over to a little hotel that used to offer me free bed once once in those trying times.. The mumu still drank with me and i gave him some small money to hold bcoz them been done dey narrate my matter dey go. Later that day i got to my former compound and all the little kids who missed me ran towards me.. na 1k each i just dey bust them u need to see the faces of those back biters them grin

Those were the fvcking dark days...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2019
dairykidd:
Being broke in school is inevitable we all went through that. Being broke after school with nobody but ur skill and guts to survive is the real sh!t... I remember when i lost my job in abj and all i could think of was how to eat cos i hardly used my kitchen while i was still employed... i could go for days without food and on some days my Tiv girls would invite me over to their different places to eat, sleep over i had to be fvcking them in return. Sh!t got real when my rent expired i can't even begin to imagine the places i slept just to wake up and see the sun. Then i remembered the other bizness i said i would forget when i got employed. All through the hard times i sold my tv set,home theater and some other stuffs just to be afloat but i never gave up my lappy. God knows it wasn't my fault that i went back to the matter and not too long something happened for me.. I called the fvcking landlord that failed to believe me and invited the f00l over to a little hotel that used to offer me free bed once once in those trying times.. The mumu still drank with me and i gave him some small money to hold bcoz them been done dey narrate my matter dey go. Later that day i got to my former compound and all the little kids who missed me ran towards me.. na 1k each i just dey bust them u need to see the faces of those back biters them grin

Those were the fvcking dark days...
Atleast you know what it means to b broke and doing shii to keep your head afloat
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Atleast you know what it means to b broke and doing shii to keep your head afloat
True
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by BlueAir: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
Reading comments in this thread breaks my heart embarassed. It's all in the past but still..... Breaks my heart. I've had trying times but I've learnt to believe that life is unpredictable and no condition is permanent

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Manuel69: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
Just last year, exam period, first semester 300 level, was extremely broke and couldn't call home cuz I know Mummcy doesn't have I don't want to add to her trouble. Had to trek into people's farm to plug unripe mango.
During my 200 level I think, was ill and broke, went to the school clinic, doctor said it's malaria. Told nurse to give me some drugs and two injections. Nurse asked if I had something for break fast, told her no. She refused injecting me. Went back to my Lodge, drank enough water and returned back to clinic. Got injected after lying I took bread and tea. I almost fainted after taking those injections. Felt dizzy cuz I had nothing in my stomach.

We are still en route to that promise land. We are getting there

3 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Rahyberg(m): 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
During semseter break when students has went home, I and my friend remain in hostel (of-campus), their isn't no food at home. I had to go meet one of my mum in d street to give us Okro so that we can cook. . We cook the okro like that, add Maggi and had to melt the palmoil in the remaining bottle .. We eat it like that.. Bro, the way the ringworm in me are jumping wen the food is landing in stomach is unexplainable..

After that we resort to drinking lime, we drank lime sotey lime resemble orange for my face..
I don't pray to witness such again.

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Gaspardd(m): 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ive gone through almost all d ordeals narrated on this thread.
But like they say, whenever the student is ready, the teacher appears. #Nevergiveup.
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2019
Mekenz:
hahahaha.......... I could remember vividly during my year two at Unizik,that very month I was so broke,what sustain my system was only biscuits and pure water for the whole month,i will have to buy one in the morning,and one at night after then, i will take one tea spoon of red oil, in other to make sure that there is oil in my diet.
,because that's the only thing I have then......shai i can never wish my enemy that kind of situation because it's very horrible.
Subhannalaishocked

2 Likes

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
damipryce:
i suffer well well 4 OAU, before someone can see you taking lacasera and egg roll and shout "guy where u c am, who dash you", you should understand because garri and kuli na my padi, infact na one trouser i get for year two , but i remember when i was in part 4, i didn't eat through out the day and i was lucky, one of my room mate gave me 100 naira around 10:30pm, i shaperly run enter new buka bcoz na ETF hostel i dey stay, buy amaala 100 naira no meat, d lady serving the food looked at me, shook her head and gave me ponmo for free
She was like make this guy chop his last supper before he kpaingringringrin

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
luckygeee:
had an extra year in school and couldnt summon the courage to tell my parents so i came up with a lie and could not ask them for money afterwards. was so broke that i would go out to pluck unripe banana and store in my bag just so i can eat. garri was even a luxury and i had to enjoy every moment if i cld see garri to drink. had to treck long distances in the entire city on an empty stomach so i can get one or two tutorial centers to teach. that saved my life as i had more than enough to spare as i was making at least 2k daily. it really wasnt easy
How were you able to pay your school fee and some fee too
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
ghostwritter:
during my undergraduate in Unilorin, I was so broke that I borrowed 1200 from my neighbor to prepare a pot of stew with rice for the weekend, I woke up the next day (saturday) to find a dead rat drown inside the fresh stew...I was so angry I had to re-kill the rat over and over. thank God for my understanding neighbor.
Village people over stepping on their boundaries. Thanks for crippling them.Nonsensegringringrin

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by QuietHammer(m): 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2019
damipryce:
i suffer well well 4 OAU, before someone can see you taking lacasera and egg roll and shout "guy where u c am, who dash you", you should understand because garri and kuli na my padi, infact na one trouser i get for year two , but i remember when i was in part 4, i didn't eat through out the day and i was lucky, one of my room mate gave me 100 naira around 10:30pm, i shaperly run enter new buka bcoz na ETF hostel i dey stay, buy amaala 100 naira no meat, d lady serving the food looked at me, shook her head and gave me ponmo for free.
Mehn. I can see a lot of grass-to-grace stories from Ife

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
eph12:
You didn't even stand in the queue for your 800 and you're complaining. What about me that took my withdrawal booklet to the hall for #600?
Legend said you are still on the queue, Is that sogringringrin

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
LordHiffy:
0 in my pocket, 0 in my bank account. I had to drink only garri for like 4-5days consecutively. Thank God i had garri at home.
Legend said Garri had been saving Nigerians before the creation of earthgringringrin

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 9:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
eTECTIVe:
I was so broke at some point I couldn't even afford ordinary sleep
Hawusubilaihgringringrin

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
stupidity:
I was expecting to see someone talked about eating from friends and neighbors for the full month or more than.

You don carry spoon visit person before just to ease looking for spoon to chop rice or garri when ready. My friends then Dey hide their spoons and plate so you can’t just come in and join the party.

No one here locate where the aroma from cooking is coming from? You’d have to go there and book ticket for your empty stomach

You don buy food and provisions for hand sotay you stopped showing your face at the shop to avoid embarrassment. If money show just go clear bills

Who don chop white rice like that before? No maggi, no oil, nothing nothing. Just to kill hunger, boil the rice and chop.

Going to uninvited occasions like burial, marriages, birthdays, etc.

Hunger beat me sotay, I Dey form sick make neighbors for pity me dash me money.

School life. Good old days abi na bad old days I go call am
Blood of Habakkukshocked

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
Bidobado:
I was so broke and hungry long time ago, I had to eat in my dreams to survive.
That was when Witches and Wizard were rich but since we enter Buhari's administration, common garri is hard for them to give person chopcheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by abercrombie(m): 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
I remembered my 100l days, school was on break, nobody in my lodge they all went for Christmas break....was so broke that i hard to drink only water for 2days, couldnt even walk or stand properly hard 2 call my parents for t_fare cause my place is in lag.... atlast i hard to trek from my lodge to UBA for 35mins, KSU i won't forget that Institution

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Auladimeji2: 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
Mafking:
had just 500 in the bank,had to use withdrawal method(slip)and I was still forming boss on the queue...
alas! it got to my turn,gave the woman the slip, was Already calculating how I would squeeze the money into my pocket within 2 seconds grin

that was how the banker return my slip to me...was confused, she said I should check the back of the slip....this is what she wrote there below

total balance: 491...

he no go better for Gtbgrin
You were lucky,as it been so ladies they would have shouted like"Oga na 491 you get for account na"and it will be audible even to motorist on the nearest express way

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Sprintson(m): 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2019
Let me share mine.. lol
was hungry in uni then that I trekked more than thirty mins to the bank under the hot sun to close down the fixed deposit my dad kept for me... lol
I nearly died at the bank that day....under heavy hunger was writing letter upon letter to shut down my account.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Sprintson(m): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
another time we were so broke that my guy Festus had to go cook soup with 20 naira ..maggi 10 Naira.. pepper 10 Naira ,we already had small Okro in the house.... na so food set o for more than 5 guys
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Sprintson(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
one time in part one in the uni we managed to get food from a neighbour one night like dat with too much pepper and there was no water in the house or even money to buy pure water..
we went to fetch well water and drank that night ;Done time in part one in the uni we managed to get food from a neighbour one night like dat with too much pepper and there was no water in the house or even money to buy pure water..
we went to fetch well water and drank that night ...rhings happen in life
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Sprintson(m): 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
during my nysc in auchi, I was so broke waiting for alawi with only 50 Naira in my pocket.... I slept off hungrily and woke up by past 1.00am suddenly remembering I had 500 Naira in the bank, immediately I took my ID card, opened the door and went out to the bank passing through one big cemetary but the Hunger blocked fear... I passed thru cemetery to the bank.no bank was paying 500 so I almost tried all the atm in auchi that night before Fidelity Bank paid..... it was when I withdrew by almost 2.00 am that fear entered me about returning to corpers lodge via the cemetery. lol

1 Like

Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by tunjilee003: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
still an undergraduate....but I'll share Little of my experience..... I remember a day i had #100 with me as my last card,,I don't really know what to do with The money.... so i decided to Branch a near bet9ja outlet....I forecasted ten games bringing 49odds .....played the game with 0% possibility of winning..... the next morning, i brought out my phone to scan my ticket, to my greatest amazement I won #6600 ....i shouted like a mad man..my roommate were just looking at me as if I had gone mad.... schooling is not easy but we've got to strive for the best
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Horlaslim(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2019
Casan0va:
Reading all these made me reminisce.

This was last year. Easter period.
The major theme when I called home for money was to pray and when money would be finally sent, asked to manage.

I remember, they sent me transport. One thing led to another and I used it to play bet and lost. (As a broke boy, I believed betting can give me some money).

I didn't know how to call home and tell them. I was penniless, everyone has travelled back home. I was practically the only person in my lodge..
I had garri and small sugar(thankfully). That was what I was taking till it finished.. I finally summoned courage and told them that I didn't have transport fare.

After shouting and stuff, my dad refused to send another one. I think it was my sister that sent money across.
I happily trekked to the ATM to withdraw, after standing in queue, I found out I forgot my card at home. I had to trek back under the hot sun sad.

I searched everywhere, I couldn't find the card, I broke down and wept. I was already looking like a skeleton.
I didn't eat for 2 days uninterrupted.

Finally on Easter Sunday, I had to beg one woman for food.

Luckily nepa gave constant light, so I watched movies on my laptop.
I couldn't walk on the road, because I was staggering.
I was forced to sell my 32gb memory card for 800 naira just to eat.. .

Man don suffer for thus life oo.
I contemplated suicide. Even my phone was misbehaving, I angrily smashed it.
Nothing was going my way.
It was holiday period, so banks were not open so I could use withdrawal slip.

Thank God for life sha

O boy you strong o... I don laff tire
Re: What Is The 'brokest' You Have Ever Been? by Horlaslim(m): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2019
Manuel69:
Just last year, exam period, first semester 300 level, was extremely broke and couldn't call home cuz I know Mummcy doesn't have I don't want to add to her trouble. Had to trek into people's farm to plug unripe mango.
During my 200 level I think, was ill and broke, went to the school clinic, doctor said it's malaria. Told nurse to give me some drugs and two injections. Nurse asked if I had something for break fast, told her no. She refused injecting me. Went back to my Lodge, drank enough water and returned back to clinic. Got injected after lying I took bread and tea. I almost fainted after taking those injections. Felt dizzy cuz I had nothing in my stomach.

We are still en route to that promise land. We are getting there

A swear my brother this is just the starting point...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Advice Regarding A New Relationship / The Cobra Effect - (photos) / Nude Video Of Blessing Okoro Posted Online, Nigerian Fans Blast Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.