Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe - Literature (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe (237739 Views)

Unknown Destination (The Hellish Life At The Orphanage) / ''life At The Top Cold Night" Is Their Anyway I Could Get This Book For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by emperorblog(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2018
interesting read more cool and interesting atory on
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by emperorblog(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2018
Madera001:
GUYS I WROTE A NEW STORY TITLED 'THE ENEMY WITHIN - A TALE OF LOVE, LOVE AND BETRAYAL' PLEASE READ IT HERE------> https://www.nairaland.com/4524672/enemy-within-tale-love-lust#67884250

good
dont u mind sharinh ur story on my blog
check ma sih
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 27, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4505409/new-girl/2 guys i wrote a very interesting story titled the new girl you guys should check it out
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:30pm On May 29, 2018
Continuation
You know when it comes to matters of security ehn, everyone was automatically a suspect.
that moment everything looked suspicious to me, like, anyone rhat walked too fast towards my direction, i felt the person was coming to me, while if someone walked too slow, i felt the person is targetting me.
So many feelings and thoughts that even when a dog walked close to where i was, i chased it away cause i thought they planted camera in its eyes to monitor me.

While i was busy having different thoughts and asking myself many 'what if's' questions about everything around me, her phone rang and the whole world became silent to me at that moment and my ears immediately got on auto focus mode.

" we are stil here, ok, hold on, i'm coming" she said as she ended the call and excused herself that she wants to get someone before she
left.

"guy, na like dis dem go take com cramp you o, you better discharge now before 'had i know' go be your anthem o" my 1st mind suggested.
"don't go nowhere, why are you stressing yourself up? Rose isn't someone that would give you up for anything, keep calm and relax, nothing dey happen" my other mind said as it gave me 'Assurance' like Davido gave to Chioma. wink:p

The battle of my subconcious continued but i paid no attention to them as i wanted to make my move quickly and time was not on my side so i took half advice from each minds as per half plus half equals to full, i stood up and left the place we sat and went to stand in another angle where i could watch anyone that comes to the store, without being noticed.

The position i stood gave me two advantages which are:
1. I could see whoever comes to the shop without being noticed.
2. If i noticed any unusual activity, i could just walk out of there without raising suspicion.

About 2mins later 2 female figures walked towards were we sat, i figured one out to be rose while the other one looked familiar but i couldn't identify her cos of the distance, i watched as Rose turned around, searching for me before she talked to some people who sat around, i guess she asked if they saw me.

I left my position and walked to the roadside they came from, with the intention to know if some unsual group or pairs of people were hanging around, as i scanned around, my phone rang, the caller was Rose.
I answered and she asked about my whereabout, i told her i was around while i watched for any sign of strange movement as i walked slowly towards them, i noticed the coast was clear before i showed myself to them.

When i got there, i discovered the someone that she went to get was Joy, her friend, i just heaved a sigh of relief as i sat down.
I was like na you dey make i dey worry anyhow since abi.

TBC

4 Likes

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by meekest(m): 7:56am On May 30, 2018
Ramos need to go jail

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2018
If you need some money/financial assistance, pm me.
I can assist you in prayers.
(don't look at me like that) cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Charminee(f): 3:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
WHIZKIDEFE:
If you need some money/financial assistance, pm me.
I can assist you in prayers.
(don't look at me like that) cheesy
Mtcheew
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Continuation.

I sat down, opened the water i bought and drank from it, mhen, na once my mind calm down, e nor good to enta problem o cos your mind nor go rest until you settle the problem or the matter die on e own.
Prevention (of wahala) is better than cure(settlement), believe me.

I just reasoned the previous thoughts i had prior to Joy's coming and i smiled.
" whats amusing you?," Rose asked as she noticed me smiling,
" you won't understand" i replied her as Joy stood up to get something.
It was when she stood up that i observed her, babe was fine, got the right proportions of ManCHESTer and ARSEnal.

" what is all this, today that i saw your hidden features in now and was contemplating on making moves, now you just brought Joy to the scene to confuse me, why are you this wicked?" i asked Rose in my thought as she ate from the suya.

I tried to compare and contrast between the 2 beauties beside me so i could take 1 out of the 2 but guess what, my mind had his own plans.

It was at that moment of decision that i understood the plight of Tony Tetuila when he sang "I'm in love with 2 women, i don't know which one to take"
(children of nowadays won't understand)

My own case was different from his cos, he was already in love with two while in my case, if i was to remix that song, my version would be " i'm attracted to two beautiful babes but i don't know which one to take"
(don't look at me like that)

It was when Rose nudged me that i realised i got company, mhen, she disrupted the decision making process and brought it to an abrupt end as my mind came to a temporary decision.

"All or nothing" was the temporary decision my mind made as i felt like Oliver Twist, i wanted both of them as i could not make a choice at the moment.

Whoever said the beautiful ones are yet to be born, may be right at the time he/she made that statement cos, it was very difficult to choose among the two beautiful people beside me.

I'm very choosy by nature, but when it comes to babe(s) i roll or intend to roll with, i tend to be extra choosy, i have some standard(natural beauty, smart, sense of humour, understanding, caring, neat(inwards and outwards), etc) boxs to be ticked before i even starts saying 'hi'.
(story for another day)
-
back to the matter,
" what are you thinking about? I have called you twice now but it seems your mind is not here," Rose said as i gave her attention.
I was about to reply her when Joy came back with a Can Sprite, "Efe why are you not eating?" she asked as she sat down and took a piece of meat in her mouth.

"i'm Ok, thanks" i replied her as i smiled.
" or are you shy," she asked again as she stared at me and they both laughed and i just looked at her like 'which kine pikin be dis'.

Base on who i be, i cannor come and dull myself, i said, " why would i be shy, even if i shall shy, shall i shy for you?" i asked as they both laughed and joy coughed.

" if you are not shy, why aren't you eating," Joy asked again.
" see o, dis babe get me for mind before abi why she dey ask all dis many JAMB questions?" i asked myself as i smiled and and an idea struck my mind.

"i'm not shy, i'm filled but might decide to eat on one condition," i said as the both chorused "what condition?"
" i might decide to eat, if and only if Joy feeds me," i said and they both stared at eachother for a while before they smiled.

" so you want me to feed you, after what you did to me at school the other day right, did you even know you spoilt mood that whole day? " Joy asked me and i was a bit confused before my mind flashed back to the day i kinda yabbed her at school and i smiled.

" all these aje children sef, someone cannor play with you? I didn't remember spoiling your day, i only stated facts as they were, maybe you misunderstood me, anyways, sorry, i'm not sorry" i said while she smiled.

" you are still claiming right abi" she replied me as i laughed and Rose giggled.
" i'm your Mr right you have been searching for, do you want me to eat or not" i replied as i winked at her and she smiled and looked away.

"you are not serious, nor be only Mr right, na Mr left, take joor," she said as she smiled as she picked a picked a piece of meat with tooth pick and brought it close to my mouth and i turned my face towards the other side.

" i refuse to believe you are not romantic, i won't eat, so this is how you wee feed me in front of our kids later abi, or are you shy cos Rose is here?," i asked her as she looked at rose, smiled and looked away.

I just looked at her like you neva see anything as i received a text message.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Charminee(f): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
Charminee:
Mtcheew
I think say u wan say make we send acct details.
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Damibiz(m): 7:03am On Jun 02, 2018
Them Payet too have to go to jail too,remember Euros 2016 final ?
meekest:
Ramos need to go jail
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Damibiz(m): 7:11am On Jun 02, 2018
Oboy,i gat alot to learn frm u oh...much much self......that avatamode way u de enter in face of danger...nd womanology..lol

1 Like

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2018
Charminee:

I think say u wan say make we send acct details.
I'll ask you to send me your account details If you can take me to a Bank that would give me a Loan and leave me Alone.. wink
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Charminee(f): 11:14am On Jun 02, 2018
WHIZKIDEFE:
I'll ask you to send me your account details If you can take me to a Bank that would give me a Loan and leave me Alone.. wink
Lol
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Aaspot: 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
wow, wonderful write up. i also found this post Here interesting, ensure that you check it out
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2018
Continuation
I was about to read the message
when Joy called me and i looked at her while kept the phone aside in the process.
" are you ready now?" i asked her while she nodded and cleared her throat, she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out and i smiled at her while i watched Rose's countenance, she was enjoying the show, that was a good sign, it shows she wasn't left out.
" don't worry, i don't bite, i could ask Rose to close her eyes if that would make it easy for you," i told her teasingly.
" you are not serious, please take joor" she replied, as she found her voice while she smiled and stretched her hand holding the tooth pick with the meat towards my mouth as she stared at me.

I took it in my mouth and chewed it before i stared at her as she looked away.
"so na wetin dey hard you to do since be dis abi," i said as i finished chewing and she hitted me playfully before she said, " don't you know i wasn't used to that, and you were evening making things worse for me."

"lol, you need to see the look on your face when you said that, wait.. Are you the last born of your family?" i asked her while we laughed.

She nodded her reply before i said,
" i said it! all these kind of last born sef, always acting shy at any given opportunity, later they wee now be sharping their mouth"

We laughed after i said that and Rose was about to said something i didn't pay attention to cos i was distracted by my ringing phone.

"Excuse me, please, i have to take this call" i told them before i answered the call.

" hello, afa na, why you dey waste time na, you nor see am? i don wait for you tire, abeg fast small," my brother said as i answered.

" wetin be that?," i asked him cos i didn't understand what he meant.

" shuo, so you nor receive my message?," he asked, sounding angry.

" wetin dey sup? Nor vex, wait make i check," i said before he hanged up.

I went to my inbox and the message from him read,
" abeg, bring my laptop charger con give me for Genesis junction just now"

After i read the message, i understood why he sounded angry, i guess he thought i was at home.
I remembered i was about to read the message when Joy called me, distracting me in the process.
(i nor blame her o, i blame myself)

"hey babes, i got to go, i need to attend to something urgently right now" i told them, as i signalled a bike to stop.

" hmmm, Efe are you leaving just like that?" Rose asked as they stood up to accompany me to the roadside.

" i have to leave now, its very urgent, we'll see in school 2moro, take care of my shy-shy baby for me, good night!" i told replied her as i ran towards the waiting bike.

" bros, abeg you go carry me go staff qtrs, go-come, i wan collect something, how much?" i told the bikeman as i reached him.

"you give me just #170," he replied me.

" ehn? Bros, you nor dey go church? Abeg, nor dey do like dat o, na all of us dey find the money o, i go give you #120, make we dey go" i told him as i entered the bike.

" dis one na night na, and the place wey you dey go for the staff qtrs na inside-inside, i even try for you sef, oya make am #150" he replied me.

" fire down, abeg you go fast o" i told him as i was in a hurry to get the charger for my brother and time wasn't on my side.

When the guy started the bike, the speed at which he rode made people thought that we were being chased or something was happening.

The speed was too much that i started committing my spirit in God's hand incase of incasity. cheesy

The way the guy rode, fast and furious dey learn for where the guy dey, infact he was fast and over furious on the road.
If you see as people dey clear way for us dat night ehn, you go confirm am.

I knew my spirit wasn't with him that night, my spirit was on its way to Heaven already, so i didn't bother to tell him to slow down after all i was the one that told him to be fast in the first place, so why complain, na so i just lock-up, and enjoyed the thrill of the speed.

Have you been carried/drove by a rough driver/rider before? If no, you nor go fit understand.

When we got to my lodge, some people came outside of their rooms to see who the bike brought in with the mad speed.
Me i didn't send abybody o, i just hurried to my apartment, collected the charger, locked the door and rushed out.

We got back to Genesis in no time and when i paid the guy, as he was about to leave i said,
" bros, na you act fast and furious part 9? Abeg take am easy o, na one life we get o"

" na so e dey be once-once," he said while laughing before he sped off.

" you get luck say nothing bad happen to you for dat bike, you for get sense," my 1st mind told me.

" relax, nothing dey happen, you nor enjoy the speed? You nor feel as the bike dey fly for the road? Nothing do you jare," the 2nd mind countered.
(this my subconcious sef ehn) cheesy

I made the sign of the cross before i met my brother, Morrizo and 2 other guys that i later discovered to be his coursemates waiting for me.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
[Intro: Lil Wayne]
With everything happening today
You don't know whether you're coming or going
But you think that you're on your way
Life lined up on the mirror don't blow it

[Verse 1: Lil Wayne]
Look at me when I'm talking to you
You looking at me but I'm looking through you
I see the blood in your eyes
I see the love in disguise
I see the pain hidden in your pride
I see you're not satisfied
And I don't see nobody else
I see myself, I'm looking at the..
[Chorus: Bruno Mars]
Mirror on the wall, here we are again
Through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend
You told me that they can understand the man I am
So why are we here talking to each other again

[Verse 2: Lil Wayne]
I see the truth in your lies
I see nobody by your side
But I'm with you when you're all alone
And you correct me when I'm looking wrong
I see that guilt beneath the shame
I see your soul through your window pane
I see the scars that remain
I see Wayne, I'm lookin' at the..

[Repeat Chorus]

[Verse 3: Lil Wayne]
Looking at me now I can see my past
Damn, I look just like my fucking dad
Light it up, that's smoke and mirrors
I even look good in the broken mirror
I see my mama smile, that's a blessing
I see the change, I see the message
And no message coulda been any clearer
So I'm starting with the man in the.

[Chorus: Bruno Mars &Lil Wayne]
MJ taught me that
Take 'em to Mars, man

[Outro]
Hey B.P., looks like I did take 'em to Mars this time?
So why are we, talking to each other again...
-
Lil Wayne ft Bruno Mars_ Mirror

3 Likes

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
When Maga pay Maga

Na cow when nor hear word, rush go london na im dey com back as corned beef, na so our fore fathers talk am.

I planned telling this story along the line but i just gat share it now cos history is about to repeat itself and for others to be aware, after all, there's is a saying that " to be forewarned, is to be forearmed"
(nor be me talk am).

On a very good evening, one of my very good friend, me and one of my brothers sat down while he was busy with his phone, i was busy with mine, when he called my attention and the following conversation ensued.

" guy, if you see wetin i dey see for here ehn, your mind go dey," he told me, feeling excited.

" boss, wetin be dat? Before you dey talk like dis so, be like say everywhere good o," i replied him while waiting for him to tell me what was up.

" oma, everywhere kpalacious, everywhere marama, nor be say dem shoot bird, mama fly" he replied me feeling over excited and i was in suspense.

" bros, your voltage high dis night o, wetin dey sup" i asked him while my curiousity mood got activated.

"broda, i nor fit shout, take, make only you see for yourself," he said as he handed me his phone.

I collected the phone from him and saw his chat with a certain white man.
What got my attention was the line that reads,
" i'm in Apple shop now, i just purchased the Iphone 7 and Apple laptop i promised you, to be sent to Nigeria immediately via freight, below are the pictures of the gadgets and their receipts attached"

" all you need to do for me now is to scan and send any form of ID card you have for me, and your current address so that i'll input your correct details in the form i'll fill in the airport, to avoid any error,"

After i read the message, i felt happy, i was like "Bros, na so God tey pick your call o" you need to see Voltage that night.
(High Voltage o! Clear road)

In that High Spirit mode of ours, we went to buy fuel, bought soup and eba from "Mama Elohor" restaurant, before we went home.

When we got home, he carried the Gen outside to fuel it, while i entered kitchen to boil water to make eba cos the eba we bought wouldn't satisfy us, so boys gats top-up, make everywhere for balance. (shey you understand) cheesy

My brother put on the gen and in no time, inserted one bad Dj mix and we danced like say no 2moro as 2face said in "Iheneme".

After dancing for some time, na so i enta kitchen go make the eba, arrange the soup for plate, pick one meat for mouth, as i chewed and carried the food to the room.

The meat i chewed was my compensation for the eba i made, (don't look at me like dat), oyibo man called it workshop, and it is pronounced work-chop, so making the eba was the work while chewing the meat was the chop, hope you understand.
With this few point of mine, hope i have been able to convince you, not confuse you, that na where person for work, na there e for dey chop. cheesy
(LDDC dat year, choi, debaters i hail)

We sat to eat o, while he received a message from his benefactor(maga), he hurriedly swallowed the un-chewed meat, wipe his hand with his clean shirt and opened the message.

"bros, na your shirt you tey dey clean your hand, why you nor talk make i give you napkin" i told him

"nor worry, if e condemn sef, clothes neva finish for boutique" he replied me.
(halla VOLTAGE!) you go hear word.

As he read the message, he jumped up and shouted "E don burst! Everywhere good!" before he handed me the phone started dancing again.

When i read the message the white man sent, it read,
" I just left the Airport, your package will be waybilled to you within the shortest time as i paid for Express delivery, and also, i added $2,000 in the carton of the phone for your upkeep, do notify me when you receive your items in Nigeria"

Omo, i felt like, so generous people stil dey exist for dis World, i didn't even know when i shouted, "Dem go hear word!"

TBC

1 Like

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 10:24am On Jun 06, 2018
Attached below the message where photos of the receipts of the payment the man paid on the Airport.
The name of the airport is "Emirates SkyCargo" and the tracking code of the parcel below the pics.

" bros, God don do am for you o, if i don big, i wan be like you o, since when you know dis guy sef," i asked him as i handed him his phone.

"e don dey reach 4 months now o, na for one of the Engineering group me and am tey start to dey yan o, he even say he go arrange work for for yankee sef," he replied me with much joy.

" E sure for you be dat o," i replied as i wished to jam my own benefactor in the nearest time.
(who nor like better tin?) cheesy

The dancing continued, we danced like David danced, if you see as we sweat dat night ehn, your mind go dey, we sang, danced, jumped till around 1am the next morning.

My broda-man knelt down at the end and thanked God for sending his helper all the way from America. (nor be small tin o)

" brodaly ready o, once the money com, we dey go lodge o" he told me from the bathroom while he had his bath.

While he was in the bathroom, he sang "Oghene Doh, a song from my favorite Gospel artiste, Frank Edwards.

And when he came outside, i went to have my bath, and as i came outside, my brother was in the Spirit, as he inserted a Gospel mix into the sound system and our praises mode got activated.
( don't go there and rake) cheesy

Before, i knew what was happening, my guy went on his knees and started praying o, i didn't know when i started shouting "Amen!" to his prayer points.
Nor blame me, if e better for my broda, e better for me be dat na, shey you understand.. cheesy

Come to think of it this way, you think say e easy for somebody wey you meet online, ona con be friends, and within 4 months of ona friendship con decide to buy you lappy and phone as gift, nor be say you beg am or ask of am o, free will, e con even add money join sef, is that not a miracle? Am not talking BBN Miracle o. cheesy
(In Lil kesh's voice.. Miracle issa goal!) lol

On a serious note now, that should have been a red flag but, free gift(s) have a way of blinding our eyes to some things.

Talk about "Greek Gift",
(some)Awoof dey run dey run belle o, if i tell you wetin GHW(Get Help Worldwide) use my eyes see ehn.
(lemme nor rush the story, we wee get there)
-
back to the matter,
after the prayed, we layed down and planned on how some part of incoming money would be spent before we slept off and waited for the day to dawn.

Have you noticed that the times tend to be slower whenever you are expecting something or in a hurry to do something?

Example, you don use empty belle sleep before? By the time you go dey roll anyhow for bed dey wish make day quick bright so dat you go find somtin chow, na there you go discover say, e be like say your village people pause the time. cheesy

Dat kine tin wen you don close your eyes roll for bed for sometime wey be like 2hrs, only to open eyes and check time time, you go con see say na just 10mins you don close eyes, mhen! You'll be frustrated.

That was how we felt that night, to us, the time moved slower that normal that day but we endured till we slept of cos " Joy comes in the Morning"

DAY BREAK, EVERYWHERE BURST!
( who nor go, nor know)

TBC

1 Like

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Momoh7(m): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
As day break every where burst
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by gabi98(m): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
baba you suppose finish am once na why you come put everybody for suspense na, u wan give person high b.p ni. I been dey reload the page since like say tomorrow no dey
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2018
Momoh7:
As day break every where burst
I dey tell you.. smiley
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2018
gabi98:
baba you suppose finish am once na why you come put everybody for suspense na, u wan give person high b.p ni. I been dey reload the page since like say tomorrow no dey
cheesy
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
I guess we woke up earlier than anyone in the lodge that day as we had our bath around 5am, wore our trousers and singlet and socks, did special morning devotion dat kine early mor-mor before we went back to bed.
(you go fear preparation) cheesy

The small time that we said we should just lie our backs to the bed to wait for time, we slept off again.

The sound of his phone's message tone woke us up, and when we checked time, it was some minutes past 8am.

"oma, time don reach like dis just now-now?," i exclaimed as i rose up, forgetting that "Time waits for no one".

"oboy! I nor believe!! Oboy!! Those levels don show o!," he said excitedly as he jumped up with joy while he handed the phone to me before he knelt down to thank God.

When i collected the phone, what i saw was something like this,

" Dear, **** ****, your parcel has landed in Emirate ****, Abuja branch.

Call Mr **** on 080xxxxxx, he is the one assigned to your parcel.

Thanks."

Those weren't the exact content of the text message but it was close to that.
When i looked at the sender of the message, it was from the Company itself.

If only we knew then, what we know now.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Damibiz(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2018
I no wan come here say na Maga dem nake Badoo nd e bro oh
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Damibiz(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2018
I no wan come here say na Maga dem nake Badoo nd e bro oh..i de wait
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2018
"The key to happiness and success: Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people"

1 Like

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by hardeygbolar(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2018
I dey gbadun ur style my Manche...
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 11:40am On Jun 08, 2018
hardeygbolar:
I dey gbadun ur style my Manche...
Thank you, boss.

I greet you, specially.
Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
He called the number he was asked to call in the text message, and they spoke for a while before the call ended.

"hwfa, wetin the man dey reason(talk)?," i asked him immediately he hanged up.

"oboy, the guy say the parcel don land their Lagos branch o, say make i come clear am" he replied me.

" oboy-ye, how e go con be now?" i asked him while searching my brain for solution(s).

" obob, if nor be rabba, i for say make we enta Lag o, or make only me go then when i com back we go activate for one side abi how you see am?" he asked me while we put on our thinking cap.

" instead of waste transport go Lag go-come, what if dem waybill the parcel com, then we POD(Pay On Delivery), wen e reach here.
To me, na that one go make sense pass o, call the guy first" i suggested, after my Managerial mood got activated.

" Sabi-boy! Dats why i like you so, you get sense! My mind nor even reason go dat side before sef, dats why dem say '2 heads are better than 1' " he replied while he smiled.

" bros, correct yourself, nor be all 2 heads better pass one, The one head wey dey American 1dollar note better pass the 2heads wey dey our 1thousand naira note o," i said and we laughed.

"abeg nor vex, oya correct me," he said while laughing.

"the correct word suppose be, '2 good heads are better than 1," i replied him while we continued laughing before he clicked on the Airport's website link included in the text message.

The site loaded, and he located their customer care page and collected one of the numbers posted there to call for enquiries.

Omo na so, he dialled the number and it was a lady that answered him, he made his complaint and they talked for a while before the call ended.

"wetin she yan?,"i asked him when he dropped the call.

" she say if i nor fit com, make i transfer money when dem go take clear the parcel come first before dem go waybill am come" he replied me.

"hmmmm" i sighed as my brain was processing the information it just received.

" how you reason the matter?" he asked me after a while.

"d matter get as e be o," i replied him as i pondered on the matter.

" call the guy again first, make you follow am allign how e go be," i added.

He dialled the guy's number and,
" your account balance is low, please recharge your account" came the reply from the programmed voice of his network service provider.

" na to go buy card o" he said as
he wore his shirt and shoe with the intention to leave from there if the need be.
I accompanied him to a Lexus Bar & Stores, he bought the card, loaded it and placed a call to Mr agent.

They talked for a while before he ended the call.

"Efe, matters arising o," he told me as he dropped the call.

"wetin dey sup?," i asked.

" the guy say na 40k to clear the level o" he replied.

"Ehn? 40wetin? Which kine talk be dat, na motor dem wan clear abi na wetin, na so the parcel get weight reach?" i asked as i got slighty angry.

TBC

1 Like

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
"Most people think, but never do.
If you do something, you make mistakes, and it's from our mistakes that we learn the most. Remember that anything important cannot really be learned in the classroom.
It must be learned by taking action, making mistakes, and then correcting them. That is when wisdom sets in." culled from Robert T. Kiyosaki's CASHFLOW Quadrant.
-
i sighted you (
ritzychinco, invizible1 and princesshansy). Hope you guys are cool.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
We sitted with different thoughts in our minds, before i suggested he call the guy to keep the parcel with them for a while, even if it would attract some charges after some stipulated time.

He called the guy and after some minutes of back and forth discussion, " ok, i'll make payment of 10k right away, send me the account details" i heard my brother said before the call ended

" obob, na 10k we agree on last last o, make he send the account details come 1st, before i go know the next step to take " he told me.

" how you go take receive am," i asked him.

" the guy say dem get office for Benin and Warri, but i e be like say na Warri i go enta, e get some kine tins wey i wan collect from house," he replied me while he received a text.

He transferred his last 10k to the account number in the text, before he left for Genesis, told me would head to Warri from there.

I bought bread with the intention to having bread and custard for breakfast, but when i got home, i just dropped the bread in the kitchen and went back to the room.

There was light, so i inserted Erigga's OKOROWANTA (album) disk into the sound system before i went back to the kitchen.
I made Golden Morn, and was enjoying the meal and listening to the music when my brother called my phone.

" oboy, the guy call me just now say make i transfer another 7k come o, say the 10k na to clear the parcel o" he told me, sounding tired.

" which kine talk be dat na, e nor get wetin ona agree on before you send am d 10k?
wait first... na which account you even transfer the money go sef, na the airport own?" i asked him, feeling provoked.

" bros, neva transfer any money yet o, forward the guy number and him account number give me just now, tell am say you wan go bank go pay d money, make he wait small," i added before the call ended.

He forwarded the guy's contact and account details to me and my CIA mood got activated on the spot.

I opened several tabs on my browser to carry out my investigations.

While i waited the pages to load, i received a call from my bro, he said the guy is no longer picking his calls (red flag), that i should try to call him(airline rep) if he would take my call, i agreed before the call ended.

The pages loaded and i runned some background checks on the Mr ****, only for me to discover he was a SCAMMER, mhen, i just weak, my guy has just been played.

I was too weak to call him, i don't i just forwarded the links of my findings to him via Whatsapp, the guy has duped several people with that format.

The discovery weakened me, i didn't leave my room that day, i was felt really bad, see as my broda tey lose guard 10k like dat.

He came home that evening, his demeanor was down, my big broda was sad, he faked a smile but his countenance sold him out before we talked about the issue and joked about it why we laughed at ourselves over it.

I consoled my brother with the fact that the scammer only parted with 10k instead of the actual 40k.

My bro is a smart real G, bookwise and street wise, i do look upto him sometimes, but we got scammed cos we didn't notice the red flags.

I don't know about my broda o, but i know i was very hard on myself that night, i even starved to bed.
The fact that some group of people made a fool us pained me to the bone, i felt insulted.

It was that day i understood the sad truth that,

Sometimes, even the smartest and sharpest of us gets played once in a while to remind us that, no matter who we are(what we do), there is someone out there that is better than us (at it), it was only Solomon in the bible that was said to be the wisest man who ever lived.
(the rest of us are learners)

You just gat do your best, improve on yourself daily, work hard towards achieving your set goals, try to be the best version of yourself and leave the rest for God.

What were we expecting, when my bro tried to reap(collect) Iphone and Laptop were he didn't sow(invest)?
Some people do send gifts to people like that though, but it is very very rare.

The Street is not friendly! Mugu fall, guy man chop.
Dearest reader, In Daddy Showkey's voice,
Shine your eyes, shine am wel-wel.

While you are sleeping at night, some people are awake out there drafting (new)Formats(strategies) to collect your hard earned cash.

Use your brain, "if its too good to be true, it probably is.

Be suspicious of people or situations that offer a large benefit for very little in return.
(na where MMM n GHW take get many peole down be dat)

Most times, you can't get something for nothing.
-
"if you wan burst na 2 seconds, 3 too tey.
Day break everywhere burst, my woman pay," my friend(Azo) sang along Erigga's Motivation song as he showed me pictures of a beautiful white lady, last week.

" see my woman, she dey stay UK, she be single mom, she don fall in love with me like dis and she dey work for Apple company sef," he said feeling excited as i looked at him like "wetin dey worry dis one"

TBC

4 Likes

Re: My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe by Damibiz(m): 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
I knew this was going to happen,everything played out jst tooo fast for my liking,any way that is part of life,move nd life kontinue

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (59) (Reply)

Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.