Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” (30802 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2017
hotdealz:
Luke 19:27 sad

Christianity is quite similar with ISLAMABAD.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by judedwriter(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2017
kimbraa:
Exodus 22:18 says "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". Be it a family member or not, his prayer point has biblical backing but ignorant Nigerians will come for his head 'cause they live and walk in the flesh.
Most don't know that it is extremely hard (although possible) for household enemies to repent...most of them have sworn to rather die than see their victims progress. I noticed a very popular Nigerian deliverance minister (liberation city) in some of his deliverance sessions he commands the oppressive spirits of household enemies to die! This initially surprised me, but i Am wiser now.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by Perfectionist11: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
petra1:

2 Thessalonians 1:6 (KJV)
6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you
;

Is the bible a paradoxical book?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by redsun(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
judedwriter:

Most don't know that it is extremely hard (although possible) for household enemies to repent...most of them have sworn to rather die than see their victims progress. I noticed a very popular Nigerian deliverance minister (liberation city) in some of his deliverance sessions he commands the oppressive spirits of household enemies to die! This initially surprised me, but i Am wiser now.

The fact that you based your life on myth is your greatest enemy,even though you are right here expressing your indoctrinated opinion on one of man's greatest marvel and ingenuity- the internet.

Of course there will be haters,but they are all physical,like the politician that steals your money and destroy your future or the pastor that milks you of your hard earnings to buy private jet and all the high end trappings of whiteman's ingenuity.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by kokomilala(m): 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
These are just knee-jerk reactions. Most of those criticizing Adeboye are not christians. And if they are,they don't know the scriptures and should stop talking nonsense! In the burgeoning period of the early church,Peter spoke and Ananais and Saphhira were killed? What have you
got to say about that? Let it be known that this is the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. Yes,the age of grace to the gentle,which is running out,but it's also the era of vengeance of God., Isaiah 61:2. The Holy Spirit is gentle in dishing out grace,gifts,administering His offices,but ruthlessly efficient in vengeance.
When the cup of the Jewish nation filled to the brim- their rejection of Jesus and His crucifixion,and the killing of Stephen, their times finished and grace moved to the gentle.In A.D.40 ,1 million ,100,000 of them were slaughtered,the temple burnt and they were scattered all over the world.During WW2,Adolf Hitler killed over 6 million of them.
Please,don't join the self-destruct wagon of those fighting the body of Christ.Jesus is the Head of the church .The gates of hell can't prevail against it.These dissenting voices are voices from hell, spurred by the devil.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by Dainikel(m): 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
I say a big Amen to this prayer. Its good to know RCCG is keying into MFM prayer pattern...the truth is whoever doesn't want you to succedd & fulfill your potential on earth deserves outright death...no point mincing word here. For those condemning this tweet should embrace with open arms the wicked plans of the people who do not wish them well & then get ready to explain to God why you arrived yonder sooner than you were expected.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by adegunahmed(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
AMEN in Jesus Christ name. i believe the Almighty has anwsered my prayer.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by Icecream4U(m): 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
Seun:

I have never seen such wickedness. In my experience parents are almost always happy when their kids are doing well. Blood is thick.

But let’s say there was a parent or child or brother or sister or cousin or uncle or aunt who was actually “blocking your progress”. Or even a stranger. Why would the death be the right solution? Why can’t your all-powerful God “unblock your progress” without murdering anybody?
Honestly, You get brain o shocked
You dey think deep.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by arrestdarrester: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
seunlayi:

This is wrong.

Ephesians 6:12 KJV
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The devil is our enemy, he is the one setting your relatives friends, Co workers etc against you. If God kills your bro which devil is using as obstruction against you, Satan will still assign another member of your family to continue with the task. If God kills that one too.... Who will be left?

Why not simply direct your target at Satan? Pray to God to useless all seen and unseen power, plan and purpose of devil and all his agents in your life as you walk with God and "...earnestly contend for the faith..."

Nairalanders, if God be for you, who can be against you?
Nobody... At the mention of Jesus, every kneel shall bow

Thanks to my Bible and my Pastor W. F. K

Make it a date with God from 22-25th December Retreat

True to type. Why am I not surprised?

When the world condemns your brother and fellow minister you join them to bury him. Holier than thou?

You have only succeeded in portraying your Church as a Ministry of Condemnation and Spiritual Arrogance.

May God help Deeper Life to see the body of Christ indeed
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by bezimo(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
All these agents of hell masqurading behind social media to react nonsense to a prayer by a man of God aimed at establishing the wellbeing and destiny of christians. Continue your ministry of failed resistance. we know you and your mission.. your judgement is loading.... it will come suddenly.
So you dont want God to root out human satanic demonic relatives that have covenanted with the enemy to afflict the destinies of the sons of men. Since you dont like that blessing, may God approve the opposite of the prayer which is a curse to be your portion which is your enemies living long to afflict your destiny.

Ps 109:17
As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him
[i][/i]
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by harmbhrosz(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
kimbraa:
Exodus 22:18 says "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". Be it a family member or not, his prayer point has biblical backing but ignorant Nigerians will come for his head 'cause they live and walk in the flesh.
be quoting bible like a ......... Don't lemme talk lipsrsealed

Exodus is the old testament which means that was before the coming of Jesus Christ, and Christianity means Christ-like(living like Jesus) so how does the teaching and lifestyle of Jesus Christ in the new testament portrays what you quote now?

Most of you will just be going to church like zombies and blindly following your Pastors without asking questions or thinking deeply of what your Pastors are teaching you.

#spits
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by joinnow: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
kimbraa:
But it has been over turned by Jesus.
Pray for your enemies
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by joinnow: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
kimbraa:
But it has been over turned by Jesus.
Pray for your enemies to change
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by petra1(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
princetom1:

The Bible verse does not suggest death and its left to God not u wishing someone death, by d way, how is someone even sure, someone is blocking ur progress? All these inspirational speaker that calls dem self pastor sef

We are looking at principles. There is provision for prayer of imprecation when such need arise

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by petra1(m): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2017
Perfectionist11:

Is the bible a paradoxical book?

It’s pillar of truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by 1Sharon(f): 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
DangotePikin:
there is a difference between physical death and spiritual death. Adeboye did not imply going to kill physically, but spiritual forms of death if they don't repent as used in the Bible.

He said ' they will not see new year ' pls how is that a "spiritual" death?

Nonsense!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by 1Sharon(f): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
ebenholer:
Why must the enemies be afraid anyway and if God is not in support of this prayer why must he answer. I pity those that are against this prayer cos they are yet to experience the evils of this world.

It is always someone else's fault, someone is always out to get Nigerians! Poor blameless Nigerians! They can do no wrong!

Y'all be acting like paranoid schizophrenic and don't realise it

You all claim to have the almighty God on ur side but are always looking over ur shoulders.

Losers
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by goodbobo: 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
It is only a fool that will see fire and not just deep his hand but throw is whole body into it . Who ever knows Freeze should tell him he is talking based on his limited knowledge and that he is playing with fire .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by tejpot(m): 12:31am On Dec 10, 2017
hotdealz:
Luke 19:27 sad

And I guess you single out a verse that is clearly the terminal part of the parable of 10 talent as told by Jesus Christ. I believe you are also aware that parables were used by Christ to drive home his points.

And from the parable as told and the concluded part, it is possibly referring to His second coming (of which his coming to destroy the Jewish nation was an emblem and pledge, will be punished with everlasting destruction by him) and then all other enemies will be slain and destroyed, sin, Satan, the world, and death).

There is also no recorded instances in the bible where, Christ ordered the destruction of people, which is the main point of this argument.

Thanks
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by chronique(m): 1:29am On Dec 10, 2017
Is it that most people did not see the "if they refuse to repent" part? Dunces!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by kabanayol9(m): 1:58am On Dec 10, 2017
AMEN
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by Exciton(m): 8:05am On Dec 10, 2017
Nigerians and their imaginary enemies.

Someone even called them household enemies like it's some fvcking standard! Seen some funny names for these on nairaland but none made me LOL more than the guy that claimed he was being tormented by python spirit. grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 10, 2017
kimbraa:

So sorry to say but you're the ignorant one , did you read that chapter very well and grasp the true meaning ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by dantewest: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
oyb:

in a country like nigeria, where parents count on children as their retirement plan, it is outright ridiculous. why would a parent sabotage their source of income? to what end?

Some parents who are not faithful to their family do wish negative results for their kids and relatives.

I have seen it happen. And yes, in 2017 too

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by benodic: 3:34am On Dec 11, 2017
After studying the Bible thoroughly, I discovered that there were very few Christians in Nigeria. The rest are simply church goers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by Queenbalikees(f): 3:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
Xisnin:

Yes, some are, if only Boko haram and ISIS can just sit in their mosque and pray for
their enemies death instead of killing, the world will be a better place.

Meanwhile, the major reason why many christians attend vigils, congress and the rest is
to fight their perceived "enemies". When you see a large population of people at crusades
they are their because of fear of the "enemies" not out of devotion to their faith.
yimu.... gullibility @ its peak

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by fpeter(f): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
martineverest:
madam, they followed him cos they are his fans... But his preaching is contradictory

2Thessalonians 1:6 -Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you

Acts 13:11 -And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

These new testament accounts were written by one of the foremost disciples of Christ under the auction of the Holy Ghost.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by fpeter(f): 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
ihedioramma:
Not that they hate him but this is not what JESUS teach us .

2Thessalonians 1:6 -Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you

Acts 13:11 -And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

These new testament accounts were written by one of the foremost disciples of Christ under the unction of the Holy Ghost.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by ihedioramma: 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
fpeter:

These new testament accounts were written by one of the foremost disciples of Christ under the auction of the Holy Ghost.
Read JOHN 3:16 AND JOHN 14 ALL .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by fpeter(f): 9:51am On Dec 12, 2017
ihedioramma:
Read JOHN 3:16 AND JOHN 14 ALL .

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You will agree with me that the above emboldened correlates with what the Pastor said? He said "Unless they repent"...repentance=belief in Christ, John 3:16 is clear. Everlasting life comes by believing in Christ and total repentance from bad ways. Refusal to repent and believe means the individual would perish, either now or later.

I have read the second scripture you quoted (John 14), from verse 1 through to the last verse, I can't find anything there that relates to the subject matter we're discussing. You may wish to enlighten me.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” by ihedioramma: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
fpeter:

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You will agree with me that the above emboldened correlates with what the Pastor said? He said "Unless they repent"...repentance=belief in Christ, John 3:16 is clear. Everlasting life comes by believing in Christ and total repentance from bad ways. Refusal to repent and believe means the individual would perish, either now or later.

I have read the second scripture you quoted (John 14), from verse 1 through to the last verse, I can't find anything there that relates to the subject matter we're discussing. You may wish to enlighten me.

Read LUKE 11:1-13 after it read JOHN 14:24 .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working / Nigerian Man Challenges Pastor Who Contracted Him To Give Fake Prophecies (Pix) / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2018 Prophecies: “3 Senators Will Die This Year!”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.