Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915250 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 1:27am On Mar 05, 2018
sesan1979:
good day i like to ask you some Questions. .have pay for visa feel and before do anything online for mu form i want to know if someone send me invitation letter wi
ll be fine or do holiday is okay
kindly rephrase your question in a coherent manner, cause. I find it difficult to understand what you wrote

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 1:30am On Mar 05, 2018
osaman2011:
Hello everyone. I recently got an i20 to study in the USA (Fall admission 2018). I paid my SEVIS today through guy on nairaland who helped me (without the Seme border hassle). However on my i20 it says "Early admission date" is July 15th and "Lessons begin on" August 23. When can I apply for the visa? And when am I supposed to travel if given a visa? I really need help on this subject. Gurus and those who are currently in the USA, I need your guide on this. I've got all my documents ready for the visa application.

PS: I created this topic because no one has really dealt with this issue on nairaland. Please help guys!!!
considering the 120 days rule. anytime from May will be apt to hit the embassy or consulate, as for earliest travel date it's stated on your I20. best wishes

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sgttanner: 2:43am On Mar 05, 2018
Hello , i want to ask experts on a transfer issue... I have started a masters program in the states but i want to transfer to a college. I feel i need to change my major so i need to start my undergrad degree again and i dont mind doing that because i know its the best for me to do. I have an intention of applying for an associate degree in my desire course at another college.
Here are my questions..
1) I dont want my first semester credit to count for me as a transfer student in the new school i intend transferring to... is it possible for my present school not to transfer my first semester credit but just only my SEVIS record to my new school?

2) Will i be required to pay my first semester tuition in my present school before i transfer... even though i dont need their credit ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:03am On Mar 05, 2018
Sgttanner:
Hello , i want to ask experts on a transfer issue... I have started a masters program in the states but i want to transfer to a college. I feel i need to change my major so i need to start my undergrad degree again and i dont mind doing that because i know its the best for me to do. I have an intention of applying for an associate degree in my desire course at another college.
Here are my questions..
1) I dont want my first semester credit to count for me as a transfer student in the new school i intend transferring to... is it possible for my present school not to transfer my first semester credit but just only my SEVIS record to my new school?

2) Will i be required to pay my first semester tuition in my present school before i transfer... even though i dont need their credit ??

Please tell us how you sorted the missing pass port issue so we can be enlightened on that

if you are already in the U.S.. Then the best person to respond to these question is the school. They would best guide you on the school policy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 6:00am On Mar 05, 2018
Perotti:
Guys and ladies in the US, please which money transfer company has the best rate to send money to Nigeria?

Thanks
I use boxypay.com and their rates of 354 or 355 is the most consistent I have found. There is no hassle and money get to Nigeria account within an hour. I can share my referral code with you. Boxypay.com/ref/72892

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sgttanner: 6:07am On Mar 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Please tell us how you sorted the missing pass port issue so we can be enlightened on that

if you are already in the U.S.. Then the best person to respond to these question is the school. They would best guide you on the school policy
oh lol .. my bad ..about the missing passport .. it was later recovered by the police after around three days after they made some search...but before it was recovered, i went to immigration office to apply for an emergency passport which came out within 2 hours( i know you will be wondering how that was possible, MONEY is the answer oo) After i got the new passport, then i recieved a call from the police that they found my bag with the boiz i suspected(long story sha...) i was even surprised cos i never had trust in the police (they sha collected money released my bad and my passport to me)..I was now having two passports, old one containing my visa and the Fresh new one...So i did a lot research about having two passports..(one valid and one invalid)..I read that its possible to travel with two passports, but one must be invalid in most cases EXPIRED but still has valid visa on, then the other one must be Valid to hold arrival and departure stamps. But in my own case , my passport was not expired, it was stolen. So i went to the immigration office and asked for orientation. The immigration officer i met said i shouldnt bother myself that its still the same process that i will still need to travel with the two passport but they will need to put a '' CANCEL WITHOUT PREJUDICE'' on the vacant pages of my old passport to show that its been cancelled but still contains my Valid Visa and said , if i am questioned at the POE why i am having an unexpired but cancelled passport, i should explain to them the it was stolen but found other wise known as ''Lost but Found'..and also to travel with police report document and affidavit i used to get a new passport to prove that it was lost but found. He further explained to me that a passport is country A's property while a VISA is country B's property. Country A doesnt have the right to cancel another country's Visa on its passport while country B doesn't have the right to cancel country A's passport vice versa. But my mind wasnt still at rest dou (lol).. so when i got home , i mailed the embassey and explain the whole issue in my mail and i got a short reply from them saying...*AS FAR AS YOUR VISA IS STILL VALID ON YOUR OLD PASSPORT AND YOU HAVE A NEW PASSPORT THAT COVERS ATLEAST 6 MONTHS STAY IN THE USA, YOU MAY TRAVEL WITH BOTH PASSPORT*........ so, meaning the immigration officer was right...Na so i carry my bag oo. I didnt even encounter any question about it at the POE ..INFORMATION IS POWER

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 7:19am On Mar 05, 2018
demiiii:
@ LAGOSISMYHOME Thanks for responding. I really appreciate, I will go ahead and read the page given. Thanks once again.

Also I stated that I didn't mention in any of the schools application form that I will be leaving with my family.
Will that not be against me if I apply WITH MY FAMILY immediately I get the I20.
JUST ASKING, NEED TO BE SURE OF WHAT AND HOW TO GO ABOUT IT.

Hello Demiiii

I sent you a PM kindly respond. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 7:21am On Mar 05, 2018
Hello Team Fall 2018

Is there anyone going to ETSU that has received his/her I-20 for Fall 2018 Semester.. Please kindly signify.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 05, 2018
sesan1979:
good day i like to ask you some Questions. .have pay for visa feel and before do anything online for mu form i want to know if someone send me invitation letter wi
ll be fine or do holiday is okay

please make your question understandable...
so you can get the advice you need here.... thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2018
Walspring:

Do you already have F1 student visa for yourself and F2 for your baby ?

My baby is USA citizen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2018
Sgttanner:
oh lol .. my bad ..about the missing passport .. it was later recovered by the police after around three days after they made some search...but before it was recovered, i went to immigration office to apply for an emergency passport which came out within 2 hours( i know you will be wondering how that was possible, MONEY is the answer oo) After i got the new passport, then i recieved a call from the police that they found my bag with the boiz i suspected(long story sha...) i was even surprised cos i never had trust in the police (they sha collected money released my bad and my passport to me)..I was now having two passports, old one containing my visa and the Fresh new one...So i did a lot research about having two passports..(one valid and one invalid)..I read that its possible to travel with two passports, but one must be invalid in most cases EXPIRED but still has valid visa on, then the other one must be Valid to hold arrival and departure stamps. But in my own case , my passport was not expired, it was stolen. So i went to the immigration office and asked for orientation. The immigration officer i met said i shouldnt bother myself that its still the same process that i will still need to travel with the two passport but they will need to put a '' CANCEL WITHOUT PREJUDICE'' on the vacant pages of my old passport to show that its been cancelled but still contains my Valid Visa and said , if i am questioned at the POE why i am having an unexpired but cancelled passport, i should explain to them the it was stolen but found other wise known as ''Lost but Found'..and also to travel with police report document and affidavit i used to get a new passport to prove that it was lost but found. He further explained to me that a passport is country A's property while a VISA is country B's property. Country A doesnt have the right to cancel another country's Visa on its passport while country B doesn't have the right to cancel country A's passport vice versa. But my mind wasnt still at rest dou (lol).. so when i got home , i mailed the embassey and explain the whole issue in my mail and i got a short reply from them saying...*AS FAR AS YOUR VISA IS STILL VALID ON YOUR OLD PASSPORT AND YOU HAVE A NEW PASSPORT THAT COVERS ATLEAST 6 MONTHS STAY IN THE USA, YOU MAY TRAVEL WITH BOTH PASSPORT*........ so, meaning the immigration officer was right...Na so i carry my bag oo. I didnt even encounter any question about it at the POE ..INFORMATION IS POWER

Thanks for the update
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 8:19am On Mar 05, 2018
I got some discouraging response here but just took them as selfish and childish. I have been granted F1 student visa and I went with my daughter and she got F2.

Hope I can share my transcript as it just occurred about 7.15 am this morning

VO - good morning
Me and daughter- g8d morning with smile
What program are u going for- doctorate in business administration
How many schools did you apply - 2 . one in Canada and one in USA
Why this school- it gives me room of having a doctorate to be used for my career growth and for education
Who is your sponsor- uncle
Where do you work - bla bla
How long- 4 yrs but I had worked in bla bla for 7 yrs
Why going to school now- personal satisfaction and to start up my passion which is agric export so I can b among the forerunners that will move Nigeria from focusing on oil sector to agriculture
How many chikdren- 2 one is a USA citizen. Do you need to see the receipt of medical bill?

VO- not necessary
A little typing, then congratulations pls go to Victoria island for your visa pick up.

I know someone might need the above. Let me move to POE section

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jiggsbaby: 8:56am On Mar 05, 2018
Please did anyone here apply to Case Western Reserve University usa..? How long does it take for them to offer admission please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2018
ijeomaobi1:
I got some discouraging response here but just took them as selfish and childish. I have been granted F1 student visa and I went with my daughter and she got F2.

VO - good morning
Why this school- it gives me room of having a doctorate to be used for my career growth and for education
Why going to school now- personal satisfaction and to start up my passion which is agric export so I can b among the forerunners that will move Nigeria from focusing on oil sector to agriculture
How many chikdren- 2 one is a USA citizen. Do you need to see the receipt of medical bill?

VO- not necessary
A little typing, then congratulations pls go to Victoria island for your visa pick up.

Discouraging, childish and selfish ??...... all that because people told you the truth that there no nanny visa your mum can apply for . Is it that you rather someone lies to you

Congrats ... May God bless your new journey

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thacokeboy: 10:42am On Mar 05, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

VO - good morning

VO- not necessary

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 10:44am On Mar 05, 2018
With UPS right now.... Scheduled to receive it tomorrow
chinemomah2020:
Hello Team Fall 2018

Is there anyone going to ETSU that has received his/her I-20 for Fall 2018 Semester.. Please kindly signify.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2018
ijeomaobi1:
In all love and sincerity, from the bottom of my heart, FÜCK YOU grin grin

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by igebobos(m): 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
Good day guys .i am a silent follower of this wonderful thread.. I had my visa interview today 6;30am and I was denied..transcript below

Window 5..a white woman..after denying the first candidate, i was second..

VO: can I have you passport
Me: I passed it down.. (I greeted her, she didn't even respond
VO: and your i-20 please....
ME: I gave her
VO: so,where are you going?
Me: I am going to pointpark university for my Masters in Engineering Management.
VO; how many schools did you apply to?
Me; only one.. Out of all the schools that came for the US education exhibition late last year,Point Park meets my career needs best. Schools like west Virginia state university,, Virginia Wesleyan University,study group usa.shorelight usa.,they didn't have engineering management in thier graduate program.
VO; Okay. So when did you finish school?
Me. 2010
VO: and what's your degree
Me; Mechanical Engineering.. Bachelor of engineering
VO; so Wat have you been doing since then.?
Me; I have been working. I did the compulsory NYSC program after which I worked as a procurement manager at Rex automobile Nigeria limited in abuja, then relocated to lagos and join the company I presently work for.. (I mentioned the name.) I work as a maintenance engineer.
VO; what kind of equipment do you manage?
Me; ( I wasn't expecting it).. I manage printing machines.. ( mouth was dry, partially not booting just picturing the machines) 6 colour printing machines by so and so..with 12 beds...outdoor pinters (stammered alot here) I mentioned brand names instead of things like laser machines,chillers, compressors, vacuum motors,, inverters, cutting machines, and so on...I was mute
VO; continued typing with her earpiece on...for like 2mins
VO: Are you married? do you have any kids?
Me; No, I am single.. (swallowed spit).. But engaged
VO; continued typing with her earpiece on...for like 2mins...then boom.... The blue paper...
ME; I was so not composed that I didn't even ask why... I just walked out...
Quite painful... I hope to re-apply soonest ..school resumes May 5 though..
Please all corrections and opinions and advice are welcome

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tundelomo(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
Adeish:
Any one in need of ielts/Toefl materials (Comprises of textbooks past questions all in pdf ,voice note for Listening and speaking) should pm me
pls I Don't know ow d pm works bt I'll appreciate if u can send it to tundepelu@yahoo.com. may God bless u real good. tuanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
folmus:

Print last 6 month

Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Discouraging, childish and selfish ??...... all that because people told you the truth that there no nanny visa your mum can apply for . Is it that you rather someone lies to you

Congrats ... May God bless your new journey

Is that all you saw? Read again, then come respond

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
In all love and sincerity, from the bottom of my heart, FÜCK YOU grin grin
Same to u honey

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
I've got awesome insights from this thread.
These questions below borders on Sponsor
Your sponsor relationship influences whether you'll get visa or not. Right? My sponsor is my uncle who does not bear same family name with me.
Will that be harmful to my F-1 visa prospects?
They prefer family fund to fund from someone whom they are not sure your relationship with.
My sponsor is my uncle and doesn't bear same surname with me.
Will that hamper my chances?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
hankMacoy:
I've got awesome insights from this thread.
These questions below borders on Sponsor
Your sponsor relationship influences whether you'll get visa or not. Right? My sponsor is my uncle who does not bear same family name with me.
Will that be harmful to my F-1 visa prospects?
They prefer family fund to fund from someone whom they are not sure your relationship with.
My sponsor is my uncle and doesn't bear same surname with me.
Will that hamper my chances?

Read the penultimate transcript of visa interview on this page and come back to thank me. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Phattynykun: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello everyone ,i really don’t know how things go here ,a friend of mine advised me to seek for help on here ,I am an electrcial graduate with second class upper ,had 303 in my gre. Can anyone advice me on which schools to apply for and how to go about it ? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
kekenation:
With UPS right now.... Scheduled to receive it tomorrow

Okay great.. i sent you a PM kindly reply or email me chines2020@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2018
i think for the first time, i will have to agree that this country is a shit-hole. Nigerian universities are so annoying and can frustrate the living hell out of you. most times , i wonder why students are getting first class like biscuit in USA and UK, but in Nigeria, its a matter of war.

my story.......
after four years of hard labour and stress in a Nigerian university, my transcript was 2.88/5.0 ( second class lower who managed to escape a third class) see first picture.

now, my WES evaluated transcript was released today after several months of battling with my school to send my transcript. my evaluation on WES came out to be
2.93/4.0 (see picture B)

can you imagine, its even greater than the miserable grade my Nigerian undergraduate program gave me,

i was not expecting up to 2.5 /4.0 and my hope has been tied on conditional admission in a tier 4 USA school before now.
but now, i am just wowed and amazed, now i can flex and checkout on good schools.

my advice to everyone on Average CGPA of 2.5/5.0 (second class lower) from a Nigerian university, don't loose hope, research for schools who required WES evaluation, don't hesitate to sacrifice the WES evaluation fee, i just believed there is hope for you.

now , let me take time to research Good schools.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Shanid(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Good day everyone ,I ve been following this thread silently for a very long time and I have learnt alot...but to my issue...im almost through with my youth service but I graduated with 2.78 G.P in child development and family studies .I have decided to further my education (MSC) in US or CANADA...these are my questions...
1.should I sit for GRE and TOEFL or GRE alone.
2.is it neccessary for me to send my transcript to WES.
3.what are my chances of being granted VISA
4.which one will be easier in terms of finances and being granted visa... USA or CANADA??
I will appreciate your response ...thank you in anticipation.
Pls experts and experienced people in the house .help a brother...please reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Does taking time to send my application fee, affect me getting a 1-20 from the university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Shanid(m): 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
lasthero:
i think for the first time, i will have to agree that this country is a shit-hole. Nigerian universities are so annoying and can frustrate the living hell out of you. most times , i wonder why students are getting first class like biscuit in USA and UK, but in Nigeria, its a matter of war.

my story.......
after four years of hard labour and stress in a Nigerian university, my transcript was 2.88/5.0 ( second class lower who managed to escape a third class) see first picture.

now, my WES evaluated transcript was released today after several months of battling with my school to send my transcript. my evaluation on WES came out to be
2.93/4.0 (see picture B)

can you imagine, its even greater than the miserable grade my Nigerian undergraduate program gave me,

i was not expecting up to 2.5 /4.0 and my hope has been tied on conditional admission in a tier 4 USA school before now.
but now, i am just wowed and amazed, now i can flex and checkout on good schools.

my advice to everyone on Average CGPA of 2.5/5.0 (second class lower) from a Nigerian university, don't loose hope, research for schools who required WES evaluation, don't hesitate to sacrifice the WES evaluation fee, i just believed there is hope for you.

now , let me take time to research Good schools.....

Wow , bro thank you for this ...but please how much did it cost you to send the transcript and how much did you pay to WES ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folakemmmi(f): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
Shanid:
Good day everyone ,I ve been following this thread silently for a very long time and I have learnt alot...but to my issue...im almost through with my youth service but I graduated with 2.78 G.P in child development and family studies .I have decided to further my education (MSC) in US or CANADA...these are my questions...
1.should I sit for GRE and TOEFL or GRE alone.
2.is it neccessary for me to send my transcript to WES.
3.what are my chances of being granted VISA
4.which one will be easier in terms of finances and being granted visa... USA or CANADA??
I will appreciate your response ...thank you in anticipation.
Pls experts and experienced people in the house .help a brother...please reply
If the bolded is true, so what did you learn? lol

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.