Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915176 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
lasthero:
i think for the first time, i will have to agree that this country is a shit-hole. Nigerian universities are so annoying and can frustrate the living hell out of you. most times , i wonder why students are getting first class like biscuit in USA and UK, but in Nigeria, its a matter of war.

my story.......
after four years of hard labour and stress in a Nigerian university, my transcript was 2.88/5.0 ( second class lower who managed to escape a third class) see first picture.

now, my WES evaluated transcript was released today after several months of battling with my school to send my transcript. my evaluation on WES came out to be
2.93/4.0 (see picture B)

can you imagine, its even greater than the miserable grade my Nigerian undergraduate program gave me,

i was not expecting up to 2.5 /4.0 and my hope has been tied on conditional admission in a tier 4 USA school before now.
but now, i am just wowed and amazed, now i can flex and checkout on good schools.

my advice to everyone on Average CGPA of 2.5/5.0 (second class lower) from a Nigerian university, don't loose hope, research for schools who required WES evaluation, don't hesitate to sacrifice the WES evaluation fee, i just believed there is hope for you.

now , let me take time to research Good schools.....

You are too gbaski, I sight u, Nasu 6ucking up since 1600, mofos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
Phattynykun:
Hello everyone ,i really don’t know how things go here ,a friend of mine advised me to seek for help on here ,I am an electrcial graduate with second class upper ,had 303 in my gre. Can anyone advice me on which schools to apply for and how to go about it ? Thanks
Read this thread from page 1, its tiring typing same thing over and over again. That is why this thread is there for reference in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
Shanid:
Good day everyone ,I ve been following this thread silently for a very long time and I have learnt alot...but to my issue...im almost through with my youth service but I graduated with 2.78 G.P in child development and family studies .I have decided to further my education (MSC) in US or CANADA...these are my questions...
1.should I sit for GRE and TOEFL or GRE alone.
2.is it neccessary for me to send my transcript to WES.
3.what are my chances of being granted VISA
4.which one will be easier in terms of finances and being granted visa... USA or CANADA??
I will appreciate your response ...thank you in anticipation.
Pls experts and experienced people in the house .help a brother...please reply
Are you sure you've been following this thread?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Shanid(m): 8:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=folakemmmi post=65589833]If the bolded is true, so what did you learn? lol[/quotoe]
Well, I dnt know anything as regards travelling to US to study ..i learnt about GRE ...toefl here ,and WES evaluation ...and also read other people's stories....but pls I need an answer ...to my questions please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
Shanid:

Wow , bro thank you for this ...but please how much did it cost you to send the transcript and how much did you pay to WES ?

About $250 for Wes.
School do charge 28,000 to send. It depends on your school.

Though my school paid all the fee and I didn't pay a KOBO, cause I was trying to Sue the school for damages

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
lasthero:
i think for the first time, i will have to agree that this country is a shit-hole. Nigerian universities are so annoying and can frustrate the living hell out of you. most times , i wonder why students are getting first class like biscuit in USA and UK, but in Nigeria, its a matter of war.

my story.......
after four years of hard labour and stress in a Nigerian university, my transcript was 2.88/5.0 ( second class lower who managed to escape a third class) see first picture.

now, my WES evaluated transcript was released today after several months of battling with my school to send my transcript. my evaluation on WES came out to be
2.93/4.0 (see picture B)

can you imagine, its even greater than the miserable grade my Nigerian undergraduate program gave me,

i was not expecting up to 2.5 /4.0 and my hope has been tied on conditional admission in a tier 4 USA school before now.
but now, i am just wowed and amazed, now i can flex and checkout on good schools.

my advice to everyone on Average CGPA of 2.5/5.0 (second class lower) from a Nigerian university, don't loose hope, research for schools who required WES evaluation, don't hesitate to sacrifice the WES evaluation fee, i just believed there is hope for you.

now , let me take time to research Good schools.....

please how much did you pay for wes?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Shanid(m): 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
lasthero:

About $250 for Wes.
School do charge 28,000 to send. It depends on your school.

Though my school paid all the fee and I didn't pay a KOBO, cause I was trying to Sue the school for damages
Thanks very much bro ...
$250....90k ....hmmmm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
Does having a sponsor whose surname is different from yours hamper visa chances for F-1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2018
hankMacoy:
Does having a sponsor whose surname is different from yours hamper visa chances for F-1

No as long as you can explain the relationship and why the person is a sponsor

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gennylota: 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
Adeish:
Any one in need of ielts/Toefl materials (Comprises of textbooks past questions all in pdf ,voice note for Listening and speaking) should pm me
yes pls I need TOEFL materials. Kindly forward it to uclondon2002@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sheke01: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2018
Shanid:
Good day everyone ,I ve been following this thread silently for a very long time and I have learnt alot...but to my issue...im almost through with my youth service but I graduated with 2.78 G.P in child development and family studies .I have decided to further my education (MSC) in US or CANADA...these are my questions...
1.should I sit for GRE and TOEFL or GRE alone.
2.is it neccessary for me to send my transcript to WES.
3.what are my chances of being granted VISA
4.which one will be easier in terms of finances and being granted visa... USA or CANADA??
I will appreciate your response ...thank you in anticipation.
Pls and experienced people in the house .help a brother...please reply

If you have really been silently following this thread for a very long time as you claimed, then you should know the answers to your question. But let me give you the benefit of doubts,

1. Writing GRE and TOEFL, GRE alone or TOEFL alone depends on you (your pocket size, your ego), your desired course of study and your desired school's requirement. School A might require GRE and TOEFL for you to study course X, while school B might require GRE alone for you to study the same course X and school C might require neither GRE nor TOEFL and they would still give you admission to study course X.

2. My first answer still covers your question about WES. for example I evaluated my transcript with WES and non of the 4 schools I applied to requested for it. Arizona state University even rejected it outrightly saying they only recognise official transcript from issuing institution.

3. As the biggest madam in the house (Lagosismyhome) would always say and I quote, "nobody can predict chances". You would only know if you give it a shot.

4. I don't know about your 4th question o, maybe other gurus can help out here

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gennylota: 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
Adeish:
Any one in need of ielts/Toefl materials (Comprises of textbooks past questions all in pdf ,voice note for Listening and speaking) should pm me
yes pls I need TOEFL materials. Kindly forward it to uclondon2002@yahooaaqqqa.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Shanid(m): 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
sheke01:

If you have really been silently following this thread for a very long time as you claimed, then you should know the answers to your question. But let me give you the benefit of doubts,

1. Writing GRE and TOEFL, GRE alone or TOEFL alone depends on you (your pocket size, your ego), your desired course of study and your desired school's requirement. School A might require GRE and TOEFL for you to study course X, while school B might require GRE alone for you to study the same course X and school C might require neither GRE nor TOEFL and they would still give you admission to study course X.

2. My first answer still covers your question about WES. for example I evaluated my transcript with WES and non of the 4 schools I applied to requested for it. Arizona state University even rejected it outrightly saying they only recognise official transcript from issuing institution.

3. As the biggest madam in the house (Lagosismyhome) would always say and I quote, "nobody can predict chances". You would only know if you give it a shot.

4. I don't know about your 4th question o, maybe other gurus can help out here
Thank you very much sire
I really appreciate your answers ..thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lullu: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
kindaguy:
coolGreat to be in part 13

More visa fall on US

Going for a nursing degree fall 2018

Misspezz... and co. help your boy
pls how do i go about mine too, how do i write on nairaland, we have similar intention
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by arTiculaTe01: 11:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Charlise:

Try to contact uniben, is either sent to the registrar's office or your department. Go there or send someone very active.
sent you a pm...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ogompaul(m): 2:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello house, warm greetings to all!, I got admitted for fall 2018.
School: Monroe kings college, MSC.
Course of study: Public Health.
Undergraduate study: MBBS.

My questions are:
1. Do anyone know this school? Or have heard anything about the school? It is a private school in N.Y.
2. Can I already apply for visa once I get my i-20? Or should I wait till July or August.
3. My sponsor has account balance of #10M would this be enough? The fee for first year is $37k.
4. Any other information that would be helpful would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Phattynykun: 2:45am On Mar 06, 2018
The fact is I don’t really understand this site . It looks too complicated for me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Phattynykun: 2:50am On Mar 06, 2018
Please I need it as well ,can you forward it to meetseun2005@gmail.com? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fourcade(m): 3:12am On Mar 06, 2018
Phattynykun:
The fact is I don’t really understand this site . It looks too complicated for me

Click on "quote" to quote specific posts you want to reply. It's easy!

Now as an Engineering graduate, Femi312 has already told you to read from the first page. He has addressed your case already. You should get your answer within the first five pages of this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:39am On Mar 06, 2018
ogompaul:

My questions are:
1. Do anyone know this school? Or have heard anything about the school? It is a private school in N.Y.
2. Can I already apply for visa once I get my i-20? Or should I wait till July or August.
3. My sponsor has account balance of #10M would this be enough? The fee for first year is $37k.

Thanks.

If your plan is to use the MPH as a stepping stone to cross do USMLE and match and if your sponsor doesnt have a lot of money and if you were not given any funding then you are targetting the wrong school at 37k

YOU need to not look at private school but public school with less than half of that tuition since the MPH is just used as a stepping stone . No point struggling with a 37k a year school

If you have more than 37k times 2 years then fire on

To answer your specific question... no I not heard of the school but that ok . I haven't heard of many schools. Once you get you i20 , you can apply for visa 120 days in advance of your i20 start date . About 10m I don't know ooo. Is the sponsor willing to spend all the 10 million on you . That will guide up. What about funding or plan for second year ? .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 6:11am On Mar 06, 2018
ogompaul:

My questions are:

Thanks.
37k? issorite!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 7:11am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello guys. I will be going for my interview soon, but I have a question.

After I finished highschool, I started a diploma program in UniBen. But after over a year into the program, NUC cancelled diploma programs for universities.

Do you guys think I should say this in the interview if I am asked what I have been doing since I finished high school??

lagosismyhome
Twoods

please help!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:46am On Mar 06, 2018
Emmyirab:
Hello guys. I will be going for my interview soon, but I have a question.

After I finished highschool, I started a diploma program in UniBen. But after over a year into the program, NUC cancelled diploma programs for universities.

Do you guys think I should say this in the interview if I am asked what I have been doing since I finished high school??

please help!

What year did you finish secondary school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 8:19am On Mar 06, 2018
LagosismyHome:

What year did you finish secondary school
I finished highschool in 2014, started the diploma program in 2015, it got cancelled in 2016.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Oben209(f): 8:36am On Mar 06, 2018
good morning house, please I want to ask a quick One , can one use a different account for school admission and a different account during the visa process sponsors account is low atm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2018
Oben209:
good morning house, please I want to ask a quick One , can one use a different account for school admission and a different account during the visa process sponsors account is low atm
Wanted to ask this question!
Anyone with authentic info?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2018
Oben209:
Wanted to ask this question!
Anyone with authentic info?
Furthermore, how long does the minimum balance stay in the account during both and admission and visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2018
Oben209:

It always best to be consistent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lomodele(m): 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
k199192:

hello, I used wakanow on Friday to minneapolis. about 476k. are you going to St cloud?
No.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hmani: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
Can one get masters directly with a low 2:2 GPA in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ogompaul(m): 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
LagosismyHome:

If your plan is to use the MPH as a stepping stone to cross do USMLE and match and if your sponsor doesnt have a lot of money and if you were not given any funding then you are targetting the wrong school at 37k

YOU need to not look at private school but public school with less than half of that tuition since the MPH is just used as a stepping stone . No point struggling with a 37k a year school

If you have more than 37k times 2 years then fire on

To answer your specific question... no I not heard of the school but that ok . I haven't heard of many schools. Once you get you i20 , you can apply for visa 120 days in advance of your i20 start date . About 10m I don't know ooo. Is the sponsor willing to spend all the 10 million on you . That will guide up. What about funding or plan for second year ? .
Thank you for your reply.

I understand what u mean but I am still waiting to hear from other school around 10k per year just that this is the one that has dropped.

I will search an d apply for schools with lesser fees. Thanks for the heads up. U are appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ogompaul(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
sunshineluv5:
37k? issorite!!
Bros, abeg I no understand 2hat u meant. U mean it's alright?

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.