Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915734 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Observer25: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
Abayomin70:

GUY is not about taking Panadol for other people headache
Is about you coming here telling giving this people false information and lies

Is not about what you can't do or what you can do

You get green card through this process,marriage, asylum,family and job placement
With those 4 I stated marriage is the fastest
And if you get here July 2016 you can't get what you claim to get
United state Congress will never change immigration law because of just you alone

I sign out and won't have this cponversation anymore so that I won't change the topic of the thread
Wish you good luck and i pray things turn out the way you want it to be in life

He can get the conditional green card via marriage within 1.5 years after filing. So he is within that timeline. However, I am yet to meet an F1 visa student who gets their papers that quick. Kudos to him for understanding the system that early, if only his account of details is true.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
Good Day Guyz,

I have been a silent follower since last month before my first US student visa denial in JUNE 30 2018. I applied for another interview on the 25th July 2018 and the VO handed me two white papers saying my visa has been approved and that the paper contains instruction on how to get back my passport back and things I need to know before travel. But he held back my bank statement.

Today I tracked my visa application status on CAEC website and it says "Administrative Processing" and last update was still 25th July 2018(My Interview Date).

Please anyone with similar case or who knows what this means..?

Thank You..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
Abayomin70:

Wish him bad for what
What will I gain or Los

He is coming here telling lies
You can never get into America July 2016 and get a permanent resident card in July 2018
He said he got here July 2016 and this is july 2018
It is not possible
What he probably have is a conditional green card

NOT EVERYBODY HERE IS IGNORANT AND DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF GREEN CARD
You are absolutely right that its conditional GC. However, you come off to me as if you are hating or you wish him bad. You don't need the 'some people didn't get permanent GC' bla bla inference. Just let it go and let people use their own brains

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by KokoMaster10: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hi. I'm new here & I've gat interest to travel. Any tips/info I should know of?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
Lawrence2291:
Good Day Guyz,

I have been a silent follower since last month before my first US student visa denial in JUNE 30 2018. I applied for another interview on the 25th July 2018 and the VO handed me two white papers saying my visa has been approved and that the paper contains instruction on how to get back my passport back and things I need to know before travel. But he held back my bank statement.

Today I tracked my visa application status on CAEC website and it says "Administrative Processing" and last update was still 25th July 2018(My Interview Date).

Please anyone with similar case or who knows what this means..?

Thank You..
It will probably change to Issued soon. I don't know why it is taking so long.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
ghs007:
It will probably change to Issued soon. I don't know why it is taking so long.

Okay..I hope it changes soon cause I have no time left to resume studies. Meanwhile, Im still concerned why the VO held back my sponsor's bank statement despite approving the visa. Its quite strange.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
justwise:

You don't have to get angry because people questioned your timeline, i expected you to prove to them how you managed to get a green card under 3yrs rather you went into defense mode.

As always, I salute you oga justwise. First off, I'm not angry, the tone of a message is often lost when it's a text. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I gave a testimony and said "ask me any questions if you need anything". I got attacked and called a liar instead lol.

I'll leave them to doubt... I'm not here to impress anyone. smiley This "I've not heard it before so it has to be a lie" mentality is what's dragging some people back. I still have a few NLers on my BBM, my GC has been my display picture for over a week. It clearly says "United States Permanent Resident".

Anyhow sha. Everybody go dey alright. I'm shocked that someone genuinely believes it's impossible that I got the GC and I'm lying lol. I said it in 2016 and I'll say it again, don't sleep on a bicycle.

I've heard. No proof, I'm lying. Let's move on.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
Lawrence2291:

Okay..I hope it changes soon cause I have no time left to resume studies. Meanwhile, Im still concerned why the VO held back my sponsor's bank statement despite approving the visa. Its quite strange.

Brother ,please how did you track your status, which website did you use?
in the same situation with u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
It isn't strange, they only want to confirm if the statement of account that was submitted is fraudulent. if it isn't, your visa will be issued, if it is fraudulent the applicant will receive a 10 year ban. What embassy? Lagos or Abuja?
Lawrence2291:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
Smartconcept1:

Brother ,please how did you track your status, which website did you use?
in the same situation with u

I went to www.ustraveldocs.com/ng then under the nonimmigrant visa section, I clicked "Application Pending Further Action"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
Osiokoye:
It isn't strange, they only want to confirm if the statement of account that was submitted is fraudulent. if it isn't, your visa will be issued, if it is fraudulent the applicant will receive a 10 year ban. What embassy? Lagos or Abuja?

Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
[quote author=Ekebs post=69830433]Have you scheduled for interview? If no, then fill another Ds-160 form and use it to schedule for interview. If yes, fill another one still and go with it to the embassy Incase they ask you.

I already booked appointment with the first one... Wont there be any complication if I fill another form. Please explain more on how to go about it. Will I take the new and the old confirmation page to the interview or just the new one. And please shed a light on the other issue of sponsor and statement thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by KAMSITO: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
So nobody wants to help me chai
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
sureb0yy:

I was going to ignore this but decided to give you the benefit of doubt, help you and others like you before it's too late. Didn't you just get your visa? You've not even spent anytime here, you're already joining gang that won't help you and suggesting people are misinformed. I'm sorry for you.

When I came here, I visited a family. I heard stories of how people got their citizenship within 5 years of coming here. Those stories were stories that sounded too good to be true. Instead of doing oversabi and trying to prove them wrong, I simply told them how shocked I was, made myself humble and asked them to tell me their experience so I can learn. Best advice I ever got... and they're white people, people who had nothing in it for them.

Barring any unfortunate events, I'm projected to get my U.S. citizenship in 2021. That's 5 years for me too. I know people who predicted harsh events for me because I didn't come here on funding to study a STEM course. Without sounding condescending, I can tell you my gamble paid off.

The program I came here to study in my school was ranked number 6 in the whole world. Generally, the school is not even in the top 100 schools in the U.S. but the department was so highly ranked that it was almost impossible to graduate and not get a job. Super-strong alumni too. When they were hammering me for not going to top school/getting funding, I stayed on track and focused on my life.

Telling me "You can't do X" is the only motivation I need sometimes to go the extra mile. You and that guy just gave me the motivational "it's impossible" speech lol. When I start studying to pass my test for Naturalization, all I need to do is remember the people who say it's impossible lol.

Please be humble. When someone tells you "I did x and got y", simply ask them to show you how without being disrespectful. I surround myself with positive people, and I am very grateful that God sent them my way. May God be with you o, doubting Thomas.

Sincerely, my comments didn't mean to demean your post. This will be the first time i have had your kind of story. I am immensely motivated and i will like to reiterate that i apologise for calling your post a "MISINFORMATION". Greater Success and more Trailblazing testimony @sureb0yy

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
Okay same as me, Abuja but my interview was on the 23rd of July. I'm hoping we will get a positive response soon.
Lawrence2291:

Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wumzy(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
wumzy:
Hi guys, I'll be posting my proposed transcript before the day ends and I'd appreciate all assistance as regards that.

My interview is for Wednesday August 1.

Reading through the thread has helped guide me through what to prep on.

I'll be going to UALR for MS Systems Engineering (Electrical and Computer Engineering Option) Fall 2018.

Kudos everyone.

VO: Good Morning
ME: Good Morning, How are you yoday?

VO: Pass your documents(i-20, passport and Sevis)
Me: I hand it over

VO: What are you going for?
Me: I am going for Masters in Systems Engineering at University of Arkansas, Little Rock.

VO: Why UALR?
Initially, I spoke with one of my mentors (Dr. Isaiah in my Alma Mata) about my job and my career plans, and he advised I get a Masters in systems engineering as it will handle all my questions as relating to optimization of power systems. He recommended two schools in USA: UALR and UTEP as they had electrical streams in their Systems Engineering Program coupled with Professors who had research interests in Optimization of Power Systems inclduing renewable energy. I researched UALR and the curriculum aligned with my career plan so I contacted Dr Liu and he advised I apply. And here we are.

VO: What do you know about Systems Engineering?
Me: Well, Systems Engineering is all encompassing as it's set up to help design, model, analyze and optimize various real life complex engineering systems (electrical, mechanical, civil etc). This processes help to predict the system responses and failures, thereby also enabling a system engineer to profer solutions to existing and predicted problems even before they occur.

VO: WHat courses will you be offering?
Me: System Analysis and Design, Systems Architecture and Design, Systems Management and Evaluation, Linear Systems Theory, Power Systems Analysis and some other courses. In all, 11 courses as it's a 31 Credit program.

VO: Can you not continue your education in your home country?
ME: Well, I also researched for a Masters in Systems Engineering in Nigeria and only found one option in University of Lagos, but there was no faculty with research interests in the optimization of power systems so it was a NO for me.

VO: Where do you work and what do you do?
Me: I work with XYZ Power Distribution Company as a systems operator. Been doing that for about 4 years now. I manage, inspect, operate and maintain all substation equipment. I also regulate flow of electricity to consumers through various switching operations. I "prepare" the lines and make the safe for routine or emergency operations.

Me: How will this study program relate to your past work or studies?
VO: I currently work as a systems operator in a control room, getting a Masters in Systems Engineering is a step further into advancing my career in the power sector as I'll be focusing of techniques and methods in optimization of power systems, which will aid me in assisting to mitigate the major problems we face currently like fault location, power losses, power system instability, poor demand management etc. This course will help find solutions to most of these problems if not all, as I intend to model, simulate, analyze and optimize Nigeria's power system with Dr Liu's guidance, hence creating solutions to the problems I mentioned.

VO: Did you write any standardized tests?
Me: Yes, GRE. Q 155, V 152, A 4.5 (Provides Document)

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to UALR and UTEP. I'm waiting on UTEP's admission decision.

VO: Who's your sponsor?
Me: My mom. She doubles as a civil servant and a stationary supplier to top private schools in Ogun state and also a few printers in Mushin.

VO: Why do you have two sponsors on your I20?
Me: I also used my cousin's bank balance while I was processing my I20 and I have his statement here too. Regardless, My mom is my sponsor as she has enough funds now to cover my expenses. My cousin will be covering miscellaneous expenses if any arises.

....PLEASE GUYS HELP ME WITH ADDITIONS and SUBTRACTIONS....THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
kekenation:
Just decided to open an emergency account just because of your testimony? C'mon! This is Nigeria brother, We don't take sh*t! I/We need prove(s). Instead of diverting to defence mechanism just prove your points.

Don't let your moniker disgrace you!

Lmao... who is this one again? Prove which point? To who? In order to get validation from who/what? I'm even happy as everyone's doubting me. It's kinda making me give myself a pat on the back that I did something significant that I should really be proud of.

Waa wa alright.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
Osiokoye:
Okay same as me, Abuja but my interview was on the 23rd of July. I'm hoping we will get a positive response soon.

Its taking rather too long.. When are you resuming studies? Masters or Bachelors? You should have gotten response by now. In my case, the VO told me i should pick my passport in 3 - 4 days time..

Anyway, It will come out positive for us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by idris01(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
wumzy:

Me: I am going for Masters in Systems Engineering at University of Arkansas, Little Rock.

Initially, I spoke with one of my mentors (Dr. Isaiah in my Alma Mata) about my job and my career plans, and he advised I get a Masters in systems engineering as it will handle all my questions as relating to optimization of power systems. He recommended two schools in USA: UALR and UTEP as they had electrical streams in their Systems Engineering Program coupled with Professors who had research interests in Optimization of Power Systems inclduing renewable energy. I researched UALR and the curriculum aligned with my career plan so I contacted Dr Liu and he advised I apply. And here we are.

Me: Well, Systems Engineering is all encompassing as it's set up to help design, model, analyze and optimize various real life complex engineering systems (electrical, mechanical, civil etc). This processes help to predict the system responses and failures, thereby also enabling a system engineer to profer solutions to existing and predicted problems even before they occur.

Me: System Analysis and Design, Systems Architecture and Design, Systems Management and Evaluation, Linear Systems Theory, Power Systems Analysis and some other courses. In all, 11 courses as it's a 31 Credit program.

ME: Well, I also researched for a Masters in Systems Engineering in Nigeria and only found one option in University of Lagos, but there was no faculty with research interests in the optimization of power systems so it was a NO for me.

Me: I work with XYZ Power Distribution Company as a systems operator. Been doing that for about 4 years now. I manage, inspect, operate and maintain all substation equipment. I also regulate flow of electricity to consumers through various switching operations. I "prepare" the lines and make the safe for routine or emergency operations.

VO: I currently work as a systems operator in a control room, getting a Masters in Systems Engineering is a step further into advancing my career in the power sector as I'll be focusing of techniques and methods in optimization of power systems, which will aid me in assisting to mitigate the major problems we face currently like fault location, power losses, power system instability, poor demand management etc. This course will help find solutions to most of these problems if not all, as I intend to model, simulate, analyze and optimize Nigeria's power system with Dr Liu's guidance, hence creating solutions to the problems I mentioned.

Me: My mom. She doubles as a civil servant and a stationary supplier to top private schools in Ogun state and also a few printers in Mushin.

Me: I also used my cousin's bank balance while I was processing my I20 and I have his statement here too. Regardless, My mom is my sponsor as she has enough funds now to cover my expenses. My cousin will be covering miscellaneous expenses if any arises.

It's ok. I was also in your shoes.. just be confident.
#success

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
Just go with the old and new one in case you are asked. What other information do you want?
[quote author=LoladeCA post=69831801][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
Tunmise100:

Sincerely, my comments didn't mean to demean your post. This will be the first time i have had your kind of story. I am immensely motivated and i will like to reiterate that i apologise for calling your post a "MISINFORMATION". Greater Success and more Trailblazing testimony @sureb0yy

It's ok. No offense taken bro. I just didn't want you to come here with a messed up mindset. I wish you the best. wink

Eyin doubting Thomas... Ee mo pe Olorun ton sebe o kuro nidi aro. wink

I'm done on the topic. Let's not derail the thread.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
Yes it is, the VO also told me in a few days. but its now a week. its Masters to resume 23rd of august, what about you?
Lawrence2291:

Its taking rather too long.. When are you resuming studies? Masters or Bachelors? You should have gotten response by now. In my case, the VO told me i should pick my passport in 3 - 4 days time..

Anyway, It will come out positive for us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
Osiokoye:
Yes it is, the VO also told me in a few days. but its now a week. its Masters to resume 23rd of august, what about you?

Masters too.. Resumption 20th August..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
YoungTesla:
Somebody help me embarassed i’m flying to Texas and I’ve been surfing the internet persistently for the past few days in search of an affordable flight fare, all efforts have proved abortive oh, na like 700k or thereabout I dey see ,for Lagos(LOS) to Houston(IAH).

I no understand cos someone flew to the same location last April for 350k, is there a way I can tweak this to get a cheaper price? Thanks.

Try and use incognito mode to browse at midnight. Check Expedia or Jumia travels...travel start sef get skon skon dese days... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
yemiosinbajo:
E be like sey another fight wan happen. Make I just siddon here dey look. BTW, no be the person wet talk sey him dey go back to Nigeria yesterday be this? Reminds me, na so one slimmy205 abi na 2008 talk sey him dey chill with him PR some time ago. Later him com come back dey ask about OPT on F1 for conference in Canada. Make I still sey observe sha

Bold... shows the reality that Nairaland or social media / todays world is faceless so whatyouseehere and real life can be black and white.

You take what you want to take from here and filter the rest . If it motivation you need you take , if it direction you take and leave the rest. If it transcript you take grin. Everyone has what he or she is looking for . As long as you are realistic about your situation and expectation and you shine your eye well.

If not , if it doesn't go like nairaland post then you set yourself up to a path of depression and why me or start looking for your village people who are after you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jaybiz007(m): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
sureb0yy:

I was going to ignore this but decided to give you the benefit of doubt, help you and others like you before it's too late. Didn't you just get your visa? You've not even spent anytime here, you're already joining gang that won't help you and suggesting people are misinformed. I'm sorry for you.

When I came here, I visited a family. I heard stories of how people got their citizenship within 5 years of coming here. Those stories were stories that sounded too good to be true. Instead of doing oversabi and trying to prove them wrong, I simply told them how shocked I was, made myself humble and asked them to tell me their experience so I can learn. Best advice I ever got... and they're white people, people who had nothing in it for them.

Barring any unfortunate events, I'm projected to get my U.S. citizenship in 2021. That's 5 years for me too. I know people who predicted harsh events for me because I didn't come here on funding to study a STEM course. Without sounding condescending, I can tell you my gamble paid off.

The program I came here to study in my school was ranked number 6 in the whole world. Generally, the school is not even in the top 100 schools in the U.S. but the department was so highly ranked that it was almost impossible to graduate and not get a job. Super-strong alumni too. When they were hammering me for not going to top school/getting funding, I stayed on track and focused on my life.

Telling me "You can't do X" is the only motivation I need sometimes to go the extra mile. You and that guy just gave me the motivational "it's impossible" speech lol. When I start studying to pass my test for Naturalization, all I need to do is remember the people who say it's impossible lol.

Please be humble. When someone tells you "I did x and got y", simply ask them to show you how without being disrespectful. I surround myself with positive people, and I am very grateful that God sent them my way. May God be with you o, doubting Thomas.
Well said. So many negative humans roam this sphere.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungIncredible: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
hello everyone.

my school orientation date is august 16th, and i have gotten a date for interview on august 9th. please can i use "Oju-kokoro" to request for an emergency date earlier than august 9th?, hope i wont be sanctioned?, anxiety want to kill me, the 10days waiting is too long and i haven't been sleeping well lately, just worried about the unknown.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
YoungIncredible:
hello everyone.

my school orientation date is august 16th, and i have gotten a date for interview on august 9th. please can i use "Oju-kokoro" to request for an emergency date earlier than august 9th?, hope i wont be sanctioned?, anxiety want to kill me, the 10days waiting is too long and i haven't been sleeping well lately, just worried about the unknown.
Yes you can request for an emergency appointment. You will not be sanctioned if you request for an emergency appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wumzy(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
wumzy:

I NEED MORE OPINION GUYS! THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sillysassysally(f): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hi all,
i have a couple of questions and would really appreciate feedbacks from anyone that is properly enlightened on the subject.

1. I'm working towards the Fall 2019 cycle and would love to rub minds with anyone that has insights into top business schools admission (Sloan, Austin, Fuqua, etc.)

2. What's the most legit way that I can convert my GPA to a 4.0 scale for free. I have been seeing a lot of guestimates here and there... Would it be ideal to just do (4.75/5.00 * 4.00 = 3.8 for example) or is there a more standard way of getting the estimate?. Though some of the schools i've been parsing don't really require me to submit a converted transcript, I just want to have it with me for record purposes.

3. A couple of people have been telling me about Education USA. Is there any member in here that can enlighten me on the perks of being a part of the program and how i can join?

Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tadexpreccy: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
wumzy:

I NEED MORE OPINION GUYS! THANKS IN ADVANCE

It’s a pretty impressive transcript. All that’s needed is confidence and composure! I have my interview on Saturday also.. wish you luck. When is yours??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.