Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917523 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
$205 available for quick sale. Anybody in need of SEVIS fee payment? Contact me asap.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
MAKE UNA HELP OO

So I booked a flight on Wakanow and they sent me the PNR and the Ticket number, but whenever I go to the airline's Check in and put the details they say the passenger isn't found. Do I have a reason to panic? The flight is on 6th of next month. And they aren't replying mails or answering calls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
lalahhh:
I went to the bank today to do somethings and I asked if I could buy dollars, they asked ticket details and all. I showed them but I was told that they don’t sell to people ( students)with one way ticket. After so much arguing and calls been made to confirm or not, I got to know that the rule would take effect next month. So if you are a student and you have your visa , il advise you try to get your ticket before next month so you don’t have to pay double for ticket.
After all said and done, were you able to get the dollar, if so and at what rate i
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
tolatof:
'

TB Skin test goes for about N1000..
Go to any hospitala nd run the test

Really? How long dies it take, is it something i can do and get the result immediately?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
I feel you bro. Congrat. i sent you a PM please reply

sureb0yy:
Told myself I wouldn't post anything on NL until something big changes for me.

July 2016: F1 visa approved.
July 2018: GC approved.
July 2018: Job offer accepted.

I'm now a legal permanent resident of this place... and I'm starting my job at progressive insurance on Monday 8/6 in the claims department. Not the best job in the world but I'd take $50k p.a. right now considering all I've been through lol. My second part-time job will earn me between $4h and $1k a month too so... not a bad start.

Now I can come back to NL and give advice like the old days to anyone who wants it. I don't remember the username of that guy who used to tackle me all the time with "body go tell you" posts. Baba, if you can read this, whether it's luck or not, I didn't encounter any of those scary things you predicted o.

Prospective NLers chasing the American dream, ask me whatever you need to know. Against all odds, I came here to study stupid course in a stupid school without any funding. 2 years later, it's all history. It took a bit of luck but who cares? I'm in a better place and that's what matters.

Don't let any keyboard warrior discourage you from chasing your dreams... keep sleeping! Lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
LoladeCA:
Please house I need your advice... I stated on my DS -160 that my sister will be my sponsor but I'm planing on going to the embassy with her company's statement of account. Please I want to know if there won't be any problem with this and if there is batter way to go about it.
Secondly, I made a mistake on my ds 160, I stated a wrong "place of birth", the place of birth on my passport is Abeokuta but I mistakenly stated isolo. Please let me know if this will be a problem and if there is anything I can do about it. Help a sister out e da kun.. Thanks for your quick response.

Please house answer this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nahum777:
MAKE UNA HELP OO

So I booked a flight on Wakanow and they sent me the PNR and the Ticket number, but whenever I go to the airline's Check in and put the details they say the passenger isn't found. Do I have a reason to panic? The flight is on 6th of next month. And they aren't replying mails or answering calls.
You will be fine. Try and make a call to them tomorrow morning. How much did u book this ticket, from where to what destination?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
NefT:

You will be fine. Try and make a call to them tomorrow morning. How much did u book this ticket, from where to what destination?
Lagos-JFK. Na cheap flight Bros grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 11:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nahum777:
Lagos-JFK. Na cheap flight Bros grin

How much?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tohlou(m): 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
Congratulations bro!
But bros please give us intel on how to make this possible for us too! Biko

[/color][color=#770077] grin

sureb0yy:
Told myself I wouldn't post anything on NL until something big changes for me.

July 2016: F1 visa approved.
July 2018: GC approved.
July 2018: Job offer accepted.

I'm now a legal permanent resident of this place... and I'm starting my job at progressive insurance on Monday 8/6 in the claims department. Not the best job in the world but I'd take $50k p.a. right now considering all I've been through lol. My second part-time job will earn me between $4h and $1k a month too so... not a bad start.

Now I can come back to NL and give advice like the old days to anyone who wants it. I don't remember the username of that guy who used to tackle me all the time with "body go tell you" posts. Baba, if you can read this, whether it's luck or not, I didn't encounter any of those scary things you predicted o.

Prospective NLers chasing the American dream, ask me whatever you need to know. Against all odds, I came here to study stupid course in a stupid school without any funding. 2 years later, it's all history. It took a bit of luck but who cares? I'm in a better place and that's what matters.

Don't let any keyboard warrior discourage you from chasing your dreams... keep sleeping! Lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by saxietohgbaskie(m): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
i am a multi- instrumentalist but i play the saxophone mostly, i have a woman friend , she's over 40 and wants to travel to nigeria soon . now my wuestion is on what platform can i travel that will be better, a student? she can help me get admission over there, a musician? she 's a prophetess and own a ministry. or a visiting visa which one is better people i need your advice.
Lawrence2291:

Its taking rather too long.. When are you resuming studies? Masters or Bachelors? You should have gotten response by now. In my case, the VO told me i should pick my passport in 3 - 4 days time..

Anyway, It will come out positive for us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
abike12:

you do realize that the conditional GC is for only marriage based and entrepreneur GC? for employment based and other classes of GC there is no conditional visa, you receive a 10 year GC immediately. I don't know what kind of GC the person in question got but please don't spread false information with so much confidence.

Gbam i love this

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Beautyaddy: 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nahum777:
MAKE UNA HELP OO

You should be putting in your details information 24 hours before your scheduled flights which you stated to be the 6th of next month which is August 5th.

That is when you should be using the "check in" link.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 12:30am On Jul 31, 2018
lalahhh:

Please do I need to do any test since I have my vaccination card with me

Depends on what you school requires...
If you have taken the required vaccines, then you are good to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 12:33am On Jul 31, 2018
NefT:

Really? How long dies it take, is it something i can do and get the result immediately?

Basically takes 72 hours or so..
DO the test now and go back in 72 hours time for them to do some sort of measurement and to find out if you are reactive or non-reactive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 12:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

You should be putting in your details information 24 hours before your scheduled flights which you stated to be the 6th of next month which is August 5th.

That is when you should be using the "check in" link.
Ohh, thank you. Haha, you know it's my first time grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 12:39am On Jul 31, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Green card.
Gas chromatography grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 12:55am On Jul 31, 2018
Congratulations on your visa approval, paulbets!
I wish you all the best smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Babyvet: 1:07am On Jul 31, 2018
Tohlou:
Congratulations bro!
But bros please give us intel on how to make this possible for us too! Biko

[/color][color=#770077] grin

only viable way is through marriage in his case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fortissimo502: 1:53am On Jul 31, 2018
OluDare01:

Gas chromatography grin
cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 1:58am On Jul 31, 2018
Not check-in bros. One should be able to see his flight itinerary when you go to manage flight on the airline website. I believe they haven't confirmed your ticket. You can try manage flight today, if it doesn't show, then contact the people immediately.
Nahum777:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:47am On Jul 31, 2018
Nahum777:

I agree you don't have to wait till 24hours..... 24hours is for checking in . There also a place to view your ticket after booking, your details should come in when you check the website under manage my booking

Give it a day or two and if it doesn't then call the agency and clarify
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 6:07am On Jul 31, 2018
LoladeCA:
Please house I need your advice... I stated on my DS -160 that my sister will be my sponsor but I'm planing on going to the embassy with her company's statement of account. Please I want to know if there won't be any problem with this and if there is batter way to go about it.
Secondly, I made a mistake on my ds 160, I stated a wrong "place of birth", the place of birth on my passport is Abeokuta but I mistakenly stated isolo. Please let me know if this will be a problem and if there is anything I can do about it. Help a sister out e da kun.. Thanks for your quick response.

Please house answer this
please who can help this person on this, I as well do have similar issues with the first paragraph, thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 6:24am On Jul 31, 2018
Probably you entered the agent booking reference and not the airline booking reference. I booked with ajala travels, when I entered their booking reference I encountered similar issue. Check the lower part of your itinerary print one and look for the airline booking reference. I learnt wakanow's customer service is poor but I was contacted yesterday after booking a local flight with them.
Nahum777:
MAKE UNA HELP OO

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 6:40am On Jul 31, 2018
patsodek:
Probably you entered the agent booking reference and not the airline booking reference. I booked with ajala travels, when I entered their booking reference I encountered similar issue. Check the lower part of your itinerary print one and look for the airline booking reference. I learnt wakanow's customer service is poor but I was contacted yesterday after booking a local flight with them.
No, I put the reference on the itinerary. I put the ticket number of the flight and it's still the same. I will call them today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 6:41am On Jul 31, 2018
Ekebs:
Not check-in bros. One should be able to see his flight itinerary when you go to manage flight on the airline website. I believe they haven't confirmed your ticket. You can try manage flight today, if it doesn't show, then contact the people immediately.
Thank you very much.. I will call them today. They gave me a ticket number and confirmed the booking, but the airline is saying is something else.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 6:42am On Jul 31, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I agree you don't have to wait till 24hours..... 24hours is for checking in . There also a place to view your ticket after booking, your details should come in when you check the website under manage my booking

Give it a day or two and if it doesn't then call the agency and clarify
Thank you very much.. I will call them today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Rexdan(m): 7:52am On Jul 31, 2018
Hello Guys, please am preparing to sit for SAT exams, I need help with materials and tips
EconMajor:

Why don't you want to take SAT?

From your post, I think you can do well in the exam with sufficient study. These are some advantages of taking SAT:
1) Preparing for the exam makes you a better student.
2) It increases the number of schools you can apply to (most good schools don't waive it).
3) It enhances your chances of getting funding.
4) It increases your chances of getting Visa. VOs like guys that took tests, though it doesn't guarantee visa.

Some guys here took the test, you can contact them for materials and tips.

Contact the schools you want to apply to, some schools waive TOEFL for Nigerians.

Your choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.