Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913281 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
I was denied at Abuja. Now I opted for Lagos in ds 160 but the first available date is not encouraging as shown in enclosure. Sch resumes August 20. Please help...
Thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
sureb0yy:

As always, I salute you oga justwise. First off, I'm not angry, the tone of a message is often lost when it's a text. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I gave a testimony and said "ask me any questions if you need anything". I got attacked and called a liar instead lol.

I'll leave them to doubt... I'm not here to impress anyone. smiley This "I've not heard it before so it has to be a lie" mentality is what's dragging some people back. I still have a few NLers on my BBM, my GC has been my display picture for over a week. It clearly says "United States Permanent Resident".

Anyhow sha. Everybody go dey alright. I'm shocked that someone genuinely believes it's impossible that I got the GC and I'm lying lol. I said it in 2016 and I'll say it again, don't sleep on a bicycle.

I've heard. No proof, I'm lying. Let's move on.

While I'm not interested in the authenticity of your claim, the fact is that there are lots of ways to get your GC in the US. A lot of people have no idea. Talk to experienced immigration lawyers and they'll tell you stuffs.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Governoryomi: 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hello guys, please is there anyone coming to the USA in this week? Your response will be appreciated, thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mirak2: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
BigUgo21:
I was denied at Abuja. Now I opted for Lagos in ds 160 but the first available date is not encouraging as shown in enclosure. Sch resumes August 20. Please help...
Thanks

Kai
It's disappointing, I will advise u to still keep Checking for a closer date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
sillysassysally:
Hi all,
i have a couple of questions and would really appreciate feedbacks from anyone that is properly enlightened on the subject.

1. I'm working towards the Fall 2019 cycle and would love to rub minds with anyone that has insights into top business schools admission (Sloan, Austin, Fuqua, etc.)

2. What's the most legit way that I can convert my GPA to a 4.0 scale for free. I have been seeing a lot of guestimates here and there... Would it be ideal to just do (4.75/5.00 * 4.00 = 3.8 for example) or is there a more standard way of getting the estimate?. Though some of the schools i've been parsing don't really require me to submit a converted transcript, I just want to have it with me for record purposes.

3. A couple of people have been telling me about Education USA. Is there any member in here that can enlighten me on the perks of being a part of the program and how i can join?

Thanks...
Search for the GRE thread here on nairaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hello everyone in the house!
Thanks to all the selfless members of this forum.

Could someone help with a resource person at any of the government lab i.e. federal medical centres, government hospitals or teaching hospitals hwre in lagos where I can do the tuberculosis skin test.
A no go lie, me no get time again and a no wan go pay $500 in US cause of one yeye TB wey I no say I no get. With the way mata be now i have less than 5 days travel. So I need smebody wey go help me run letter headed paper wey show I run the test

Please, I will appreciate anyone with contact of any doctor or medical lab scientist that can do it for me say tomorrow or the day after tomorrow...
I really have limited time left, your suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
Ekebs:
Just go with the old and new one in case you are asked. What other information do you want?

I stated on my DS -160 that my sister will be my sponsor but I'm planning on going to the embassy with her company's statement of account. Please, I want to know if there won't be any problem with this and if there is a better way to go about it. I don't want to change my sponsor to company because I don't want to be asked questions like why the company is sponsoring me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
I went to the bank today to do somethings and I asked if I could buy dollars, they asked ticket details and all. I showed them but I was told that they don’t sell to people ( students)with one way ticket. After so much arguing and calls been made to confirm or not, I got to know that the rule would take effect next month. So if you are a student and you have your visa , il advise you try to get your ticket before next month so you don’t have to pay double for ticket.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abike12(f): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
PossibilityGod:
Please I am still awaiting your advice. @Lagosismyhome and other great minds here.

I have been denied F1 visa twice at Lagos US Consulate on 13th and 21st July.
I was first interviewed by the black American woman who didn't bother to peruse my i-20 form for the GA and stipends I was offered for my Msc program, she first asked how I heard of the school and as I was saying that I did an extensive search online, she immediately cut me off and proceeded to other questions like who will be paying for my studies, then i told her that school offered me a GA and my elder brother will be taking care of other expenses.
She then asked if I was married and I said yes, she asked any children and my reply was None yet. She finally asked if I have traveled out before, I said No, I have not had reason to do so. She then said that refusal statement and gave the blue paper.

I then immediately reapplied with a new ds-160 with no changes, and was able to book a week after the first appointment. I was interviewed by the young guy at window 3, it was a bit interactive at least he is a guy like me, he asked all the usual questions which I answered to my best.
I was surprised when he said he wouldn't be able to approve my visa and that I can reapply.

Now, I am confused whether to retry the third time at Abuja embassy as the school would be resuming on the 23rd August and I also intend to use my uncle as my sponsor in my new ds160, cos he has sufficient fund to show as SOA or should I wait for 2 months duration.

At both interviews, I was not asked for my SOA which one would say disqualified my chances.

Please candidly advice me as I am down with these disappointments and going financially drained with all the expenses.

Thanks

which school did you apply to and what course? did you write GRE? also, which school did you do your undergraduate degree and course? did they ask about what you do for a living right now and what your plans are after?

my advice is to defer your admission to spring and really go through your application to check for discrepancies. applying a third time without something changing in your package will probably get the same results.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
BigUgo21:
Thanks

Pls if one choose lagos as interview location when DS-160 and there was not available date in lagos at the point of schedulling appoint, doni need to fill another DS-160 before i can pick abuja for my interview? Pls i need urgent response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abike12(f): 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
Abayomin70:

guy cool down and stop lying
why are you lying naaaaa
if you get into this country 2016 you can never ever and i say again never ever get a permanent resident card which is 10 years green card and after that you will file for citizenship in 3 years
what you have is probably 2 YEARS TEMPORARY GREEN CARD or also called CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD
i have seen lots of people that was given 2 years green card that you have and was not given a 10 years green card which is the real one,i mean alot and alot of guys here have 2 years green card but when it expire they cant renew it to the real permanet resident card which is 10 years green card that will make you be eligible to file for citizenship after 3 years

and again if you really get here 2016 and you really have a green card ,what you have a 2 temporary green card that is going to expire and not the real and original green card that is for 10 years that will make you eligible for citizenship in 3 years

stop coming here telling lies and thinking old members dont read these post,i read this post everyday and just dont comment
and if you want to start an argument with me,i will do the maths for you with link from USCIS.GOV website

you do realize that the conditional GC is for only marriage based and entrepreneur GC? for employment based and other classes of GC there is no conditional visa, you receive a 10 year GC immediately. I don't know what kind of GC the person in question got but please don't spread false information with so much confidence.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by emandman: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
Smartconcept1:

Brother ,please how did you track your status, which website did you use?
in the same situation with u
Whc embassy lag or abj?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ProfOjah1234: 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
paulbets:
My F1 Visa Transcript @ Lagos US Embassy
The Interview proper went thus:
(I took a little while before I approached him and He was smiling to me here cause of the drama I saw bet!

Nwanne!.. Bring any "ofe" of your choice (ofe oha preferably) to celebrate and text me your address when you enter to send your documents.. Congratulations once again My guy!!.. Pauloooooo!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Suppy083337:

Pls if one choose lagos as interview location when DS-160 and there was not available date in lagos at the point of schedulling appoint, doni need to fill another DS-160 before i can pick abuja for my interview? Pls i need urgent response

I think you cannot use Lagos ds160 form for Abuja. The embassy intentionally separated both during application process.
Pm me let's work together.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
Thanks for this information but for what rate? I thought it was same as black market.
lalahhh:
I went to the bank today to do somethings and I asked if I could buy dollars, they asked ticket details and all. I showed them but I was told that they don’t sell to people ( students)with one way ticket. After so much arguing and calls been made to confirm or not, I got to know that the rule would take effect next month. So if you are a student and you have your visa , il advise you try to get your ticket before next month so you don’t have to pay double for ticket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
Who is on your i-20 as your sponsor? The chances of getting approved with company's statement is very slim. Who is stated on your i-20 as your sponsor?
LoladeCA:

I stated on my DS -160 that my sister will be my sponsor but I'm planning on going to the embassy with her company's statement of account. Please, I want to know if there won't be any problem with this and if there is a better way to go about it. I don't want to change my sponsor to company because I don't want to be asked questions like why the company is sponsoring me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
lalahhh:

Good info .... but is buying a return ticket really worth it? when black market rate and bank rate is very similar . Black market doesn't care about ticket or students

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whandeykoal(f): 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
Please anyone studying project management, I need help with my sop. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
BigUgo21:

I think you cannot use Lagos ds160 form for Abuja. The embassy intentionally separated both during application process.
Pm me let's work together.
No, the DS 160 form submitted to the US consulate in Lagos can be used for an interview in Abuja. I am very sure of this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
lalahhh:
What Bank?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
ghs007:
No, the DS 160 form submitted to the US consulate in Lagos can be used for an interview in Abuja. I am very sure of this.

I intend having my interview at lagos so while filling my DS-160 i picked lagos as location, when i was trying to pick a date for my interview there was no available date in Lagos so i checked abuja and i was able to pick a date and i used the DS-160 with lagos as location on it. Pls hope that wont cause me a problem at the embassy. I cant afford to loose another 57k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
NefT:
Hello everyone in the house!
Thanks to all the selfless members of this forum.

Could someone help with a resource person at any of the government lab i.e. federal medical centres, government hospitals or teaching hospitals hwre in lagos where I can do the tuberculosis skin test.
A no go lie, me no get time again and a no wan go pay $500 in US cause of one yeye TB wey I no say I no get. With the way mata be now i have less than 5 days travel. So I need smebody wey go help me run letter headed paper wey show I run the test

Please, I will appreciate anyone with contact of any doctor or medical lab scientist that can do it for me say tomorrow or the day after tomorrow...
I really have limited time left, your suggestions will be appreciated.
'

TB Skin test goes for about N1000..
Go to any hospitala nd run the test

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
Suppy083337:

I intend having my interview at lagos so while filling my DS-160 i picked lagos as location, when i was trying to pick a date for my interview there was no available date in Lagos so i checked abuja and i was able to pick a date and i used the DS-160 with lagos as location on it. Pls hope that wont cause me a problem at the embassy. I cant afford to loose another 57k.
It won't cause any problem. I submitted my DS160 to Lagos and I had my interview in Abuja. I was only told to wait for a while for the DS 160 to be transferred to the Abuja database.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Good info .... but is buying a return ticket really worth it? when black market rate and bank rate is very similar . Black market doesn't care about ticket or students

the same thing I said too but I THINK they might turn students back at the POE and I’m saying this based on what I heard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
tolatof:
'

TB Skin test goes for about N1000..
Go to any hospitala nd run the test
Please do I need to do any test since I have my vaccination card with me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mirak2: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
Please who knows wher I can register for GMAT cos I intend going for an MBA spring 2019

And suggestions on schools I can apply to cos I don search taya.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
lalahhh:
the same thing I said too but I THINK they might turn students back at the POE and I’m saying this based on what I heard

grin grin grin....no please. Let not start all those scary POE stories. What concerns US government with where you got your dollars from bank or Black market . What important that it geninue money. THAT ALL

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
So I booked a flight on Wakanow and they sent me the PNR and the Ticket number, but whenever I go to the airline's Check in and put the details they say the passenger isn't found. Do I have a reason to panic? The flight is on 6th of next month. And they aren't replying mails or answering calls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
Pls guys i will like to know if "TRIP ADVISOR" is a safe site to book flight ticket considering that it is cheaper compared to wakanow, travelstart, jumiatravel and others.
If you have used their service. I will like you to share you review of their service

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.