Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? (32438 Views)

My Ordeal With A Handsome Guy And His Horrible Looking Big Pant / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / How To Know If You Are A Handsome Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by daduke2k(m): 5:53am On Mar 28, 2010
Wuld u mind if they luk like me? U pweety u knw?
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Sagamite(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2010
I don't see girls swooning over or dating well-toned poor guys like this in Nigeria.

[img]http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2004/11/images/Bushmeat-Duiker.jpg[/img]

But give this same guy a suit and a job in investment banking and you will start hearing them scream:

"He is cute o!"

"Ah, look at his body, I just want to die."

"Chei, the bobo fine, no be small"

"He is my ideal type."

"That is how I like my guy to be gymed up, athletic built and slightly toned, not too much muscle"

There are bloody liars on this thread. Bloody liars!

Ask them to choose between this guy and Alao Akala. The way they would jump at Alao "Baba Alamala politics and thuggery" Akala of Ogbomosho political clan, you would think he is Boris "Alao" Kodjoe.

Boris "Alao" Kodjoe

[img]http://1.bp..com/_p63XZ27fMK8/SsPOm_dELmI/AAAAAAAABH4/ADlOnrV8veM/s400/AKALA.jpg[/img]
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Sagamite(m): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2010
OK let me be a bit less extreme.

If you ask the girls to choose between this guy:

[img]http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2004/11/images/Bushmeat-Duiker.jpg[/img]

and Dele Momodu that can fly them around the globe and send their kids to private school

[img]http://4.bp..com/_HxtsHwMI0PA/RnhMZSgYcaI/AAAAAAAAABE/ozm9K4CXQM4/s320/dele_momodu.jpg[/img]

Guess, which one they would choose.

No prizes. Too easy an answer.

They would be giving that belly a thousand kisses in a second.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by denny4ril: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2010
wink i am a guy. so i think a handsome poor guy can be made into a rich guy but will he be faithful when money comes?
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by GL(f): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2010
if the question said ugly rich man and handsome average man, i'd have chosen handsome average straightaway. but with these options, i have to choose the ugly rich one.

the guy's beauty (or lack of it) is on his face and not mine, so i won't be ashamed to be seen with him. he has enough money so he can afford to dress well. the only way it would affect me is my children, and like other posters i'll pray that they don't look like him. besides, money makes people look good (at least better than they would look if they were poor). i'll take great care of my kids' skin, dress them up beautifully, give them the best education. the packaging would be so tight, people would barely notice their imperfections.

in nigeria (and just about everywhere else), wealth opens up more doors than beauty does. of course, being very handsome can bring acting/modelling opportunities which can make the poor guy rich eventually, but what are the odds.

also, if the handsome one eventually gets rich he'll be perfect and i'm not. but with the ugly rich guy i'll always be one up on him.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by NobiGod: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2010
^^ I enjoyed ur post greatly.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by GL(f): 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2010
^^^^ thanks.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by ebonyvibe(f): 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2010
abeg marry a rich guy though you will not eat love for supper
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by JesusloveU: 4:59am On Aug 27, 2010
The rich ugly guy suits a poor lady who has nothing,While the poor handsome guy is a perfect match a for a rich lady.In that case,i think am a hot cake for any lady, because am handsome ,cute ,sexy and rich as well.I thank God ooooooooooo.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by 12large: 6:14am On Aug 27, 2010
you guys don't get he question.
either a "ugly rich man forever" or a "handsome poor man forever" no i would marry a poor fine guy that have good future we mean forever of your life.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by InkedNerd(f): 6:22am On Aug 27, 2010
@OP: Are either of the men smart? I'll go for whichever one is smart.

Sagamite:

I don't see girls swooning over or dating well-toned poor guys like this in Nigeria.

But give this same guy a suit and a job in investment banking and you will start hearing them scream:

"He is cute o!"

"Ah, look at his body, I just want to die."

"Chei, the bobo fine, no be small"

"He is my ideal type."

"That is how I like my guy to be gymed up, athletic built and slightly toned, not too much muscle"

There are bloody liars on this thread. Bloody liars!

Ask them to choose between this guy and Alao Akala. The way they would jump at Alao "Baba Alamala politics and thuggery" Akala of Ogbomosho political clan, you would think he is Boris "Alao" Kodjoe.

Boris "Alao" Kodjoe

[img]http://1.bp..com/_p63XZ27fMK8/SsPOm_dELmI/AAAAAAAABH4/ADlOnrV8veM/s400/AKALA.jpg[/img]

Toned man is toned man, I don't need a suit or the job in investment banking his body did all of the talking. Besides, I was once with a guy who wasn't rich but he was definitely handsome and toned. Money is irrelevant to me. I can take care of myself.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Sagamite(m): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Toned man is toned man, I don't need a suit or the job in investment banking his body did all of the talking. Besides, I was once with a guy who wasn't rich but he was definitely handsome and toned. Money is irrelevant to me. I can take care of myself. 

So would you go out with the guy in the pix?
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by sylve11: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2010
ecclesiates 10:19. . . . . . .chicks'd go for anything grin cool
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by InkedNerd(f): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2010
Sagamite:

So would you go out with the guy in the pix?

Yes, I would. Just because he's poor today doesn't mean he can't be rich tomorrow. Being the supportive woman that I am, we [him and I] can build ourselves together. Money is nothing.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Omolola1(f): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2010
wow! i likey. @inked
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Sagamite(m): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Yes, I would. Just because he's poor today doesn't mean he can't be rich tomorrow. Being the supportive woman that I am, we [him and I] can build ourselves together. Money is nothing.

Good!

You are either one in a million or you are just one having mouth because you have not seen suffering in your life before. I mean suffering, as in the Naija suffer suffer, not Brooklyn moaning.

And correction, Money is a lot, not nothing.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by InkedNerd(f): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2010
Sagamite:

Good!

You are either one in a million or you are just one having mouth because you have not seen suffering in your life before. I mean suffering, as in the Naija suffer suffer, not Brooklyn moaning.

And correction, Money is a lot, not nothing.

Yes, I have seen suffering before. I'm not some money hungry girl, so the money isn't my concern. Building a life and future with the little foundation that I have with him would be my concern, not his bank account.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Sagamite(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Yes, I have seen suffering before. I'm not some money hungry girl, so the money isn't my concern. Building a life and future with the little foundation that I have with him would be my concern, not his bank account.

Sweetie, it is easy to say that when you live in a country that provides you with and gives you a chance to build a life and future with little foundation.  grin

In Makoko, Ajegunle, Kutigi, Kagoro, Obolo-Ofor your little foundation will sink in the filthy waters and untarred roads.

That said, I love your credo sha.  kiss
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by InkedNerd(f): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2010
Sagamite:

Sweetie, it is easy to say that when you live in a country that provides you with and gives you a chance to build a life and future with little foundation.  grin

In Makoko, you little foundation will sink in the filthy waters of Lagos Lagoon.

That said, I love your credo sha.  kiss

Just because it is the US doesn't mean there isn't suffering here too. There are people that still live in those ugly looking slave shacks. There are places that don't have running water. Just because its not the same condition as those in Nigeria or elsewhere doesn't mean that their suffering doesn't exist. And no, my foundation will not sink grin. We go build am strong grin
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by ebonyvibe(f): 9:56am On Aug 31, 2010
Some of the comments on this blog are exteremely laughable up to the extent that I can only conclude that people are writing what they think people want to hear.

Trust me if there is no money there is no love - Period

If you don't have money either I believe and I can bet it with all the money in my bank account that the Poor Handsome Man isnt going to marry you. Now lets go to fantasy island and assume you now get married see the below senarios and i dont want any replies saying love is blind. If you think that way you need to go to the opticians I can recommend a good one.

Scenario A: Both man and wife are wretched.

It is either they have the same goals or are not looking at attaining a higher status in life which is perfect if that is where you want to be. But get married and dont bring children to that miserable world and they deserve the best start in life and not parents that can not look after them. Also your children are not your relatives / governments responsibilities they are YOURS  .

When you have enough money have kids.

Scenario B: Man is wretched and woman is okay (not rich) OKAY.

Your standard of living will drop tremdeously has you now have to cater for a fully grown man. Forget savings you can't save. Your standard decreases his standard increases a bit. Careful dont have kids until this man find himself something to do after all his is surpposed to be the head and he isnt doing so, so far. If he has some kind of job good marry him at least he is not lazy.

If he doesnt dont get married until this man gets a job beware of 419ers I dont care if you met in church they are everywhere.

If the man is a goal getter type and he is just not rich at the moment BEWARE be very cautious as men are slys they will endeaur any situation until they get the money and want to trade you in for a 23 year old version. By that time all the suffer you suffered with him is story.

A man who is not able to look after is family is worse than an infidel and in my opinon should not get married.

There is nothing like a an ugly rich guy - give me examples if you have them and i will show you no one considers them as ugly ie MKO Abiola, dont know many men but look at Whoppie Goldberg and Oprah ugly in all sense but when you see them am sure the first thing that come to your mind isnt ugly.

If you are a very rich woman and you want to marry an okay guy goodluck you may work things out if the man is wretched i will very much question his motives. As you cant be a submissive wife to this type of man it is not just possible and men dont not like been controlled by women - FACT.

I AM NOT SAYING MARRY A MAN BECAUSE OF MONEY FAR FROM IT. As I am not saying marry a man because he is Handsome and poor - Tofiakua
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Sagamite(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I like her.

She is keeping it real. grin
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by bodrin(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2010
nobody is ugly when u have ur dough. so money make a man handsome.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by anitabest(f): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2010
the both, but preferable the handsome.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by okwanuzo3(f): 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2010
brings something I read years ago to mind:

"He who marrys for money and not love will have good days and bad nights,
He who marrys for love and not money will have bad days and good nights
".
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Atila1(f): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2010
none of d above!
I'LL MARRY A HANDSOME, RICH YOUNG MAN!
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Bella87(f): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2010
Handsome poor man, and then he won't be poor anymore, doesn't matter who brings home money as long as it comes in.
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by judy4all: 5:06am On Apr 28, 2011
lol,  lol,  Looking at the picture of the guy with the bush rat, and Momodu is not fair, 

First of all, the bush rat guy is not cute,

2nd, Momodu is actually fine, 

Who would I marry? If they have the same personality,  Momodu please!! Life would be much easier. 

Trust me, I am married to a really cute but poor man,  He has great aspirations - Doing a Masters in a great private school in the US.  Really smart,  e just nor get money!!!
Financially, I do ok.  Enough to pay all the bills, and pay school fees,  but everything else is a struggle.  At least I know with his education, the probability of him becoming rich is very likely (add the fact that he's smoking hot), I just have to be patient.

Would I do it again? Yes, cos we love each other dearly,  but if I hadn't fallen in love with him yet,  lai lai!! You go suffer. I knew things were hard when I started counting the meat in my pot.  If e chop pass one meat, body go dey bite you.  U no go fit drink juice, cannot visit your friends or drive anywhere because no money for fuel.  After you spend 24 hours together eating rice and boiled egg everyday, or trekking everywhere, or drinking water always, or using baking soda + salt for toothpaste, and using coconut oil both for body cream and cooking,  body go tell you!
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 28, 2011
2nd, Momodu is actually fine
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

@Sagamite, I would choose that guy you showed carrying the 'bush meat' over Momodu
if his "insides" (heart) is in the right place, like wise i would choose Momodu if he was also humble.
I have been approached by men of all classes in my short life time. I will tell you, it is VERY tempting to
choose a fugly or cute dude holding the key to the end of your financial worries in your face, waving it
with a crookish smile, however speaking for women with principle and dignity such as myself, if our hearts are
not with that person, we walk on by.  cool

I have dated broke azz no ambition dudes to "i can crash my brand new car and get a new one like nothing" type
of dudes and I find the ones who are right in the middle, not wealthy but not without ambition are best for
me as they are usually well grounded and humble. So, with that having been said, rich or poor, as long as he
can treat me right we will be fine. Good looks are a plus but unnecessary. As for money, I would rather work
for mine and have rights to brag or live comfortable than have to do what my heart does not desire s3xually
or emotionally because some guy has the power to make me due to my being dependent on him. No waaay!
No way for a woman with pride to live!
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by Viviana444: 2:04am On Apr 29, 2011
Ama, you too much. very funny though
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by alagha: 8:57am On Apr 29, 2011
i prefer to marry a loved one than one who can be loved. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by ekyblink: 6:43pm On May 10, 2012
coolIt all depend on how ugly e man lukz 2 me..n aw poor e oda dude iz...bur I tl u mejority infact all sencible galz ll go 4 dat ugly rich guy...tl me y galz run around urgy celebz?? Tlkin about goin 2 party wif a hansom hubby..which party nah?? Whn evwi body iz hungry...infact u sef no go remeba say ihi get somtin wey dem de cal party...in fact u go fear 2 go party cz u ll be intimidated...C,diz life iz 2 short o,if u r opportune 2 meet any man datz rich marri him o.obama married michelle dat evwi body iz callin ugly n produce fine children.meaNwhile,poverty ll make diz children off urz u r protectin 2 be ugly.be worn
Re: Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? by ekyblink: 7:04pm On May 10, 2012
bodrin: nobody is ugly when u have ur dough. so money make a man handsome.
. Say it louder mek em here am well. Haba,tiz questn iz 2 simple 4 e real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies & Their Craze For Butt Pads... / Do Ladies Still Abuse Guys For Asking Them Out? / Can You Date A Girl With Any Of These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.