Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why Over 30 Million Men In China Can't Find Wives - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Over 30 Million Men In China Can't Find Wives (691 Views)

JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK / Yahoo Boys Are Damaging Wife Materials, Average Guys Cannot Find Wives Again / The Issue Of 1 MILLION MEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Over 30 Million Men In China Can't Find Wives by Femoje(m): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
The gender gap is a big problem in the Middle Kingdom – and its ‘leftover men’ are going to great lengths to find a wife.
In China, there is a name for unmarried men over 30. Shengnan, meaning “leftover men” have yet to find a wife – and in a country with a growing gender gap, that’s a big problem.
By 2020, it’s estimated there will be 30 million more men than women looking for a partner
China has many millions more men than women, a hangover of the country's one-child policy, which was overturned in 2015, though its effects will last decades more. The gender imbalance is making it hard for many men to find a partner – and the gap is likely to widen.
And to avoid prying questions from inquisitive parents, some men are even resorting to hiring “fake” girlfriends to present to their parents using apps such as Hire Me Plz.Reports suggest hiring a girlfriend can cost up to 10,000 yuan ($1,450) a day.
The problems for men in finding a partner are most acute in poorer rural areas, made worse by long-held traditions that the husband must be able to offer a decent level of financial security before he can secure a wife.

www.projectnaija.com/m/topic/why-over-30-million-men-in-china-cant-find-wives/1208
Re: Why Over 30 Million Men In China Can't Find Wives by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
shocked
∆ Go to another country ∆
Re: Why Over 30 Million Men In China Can't Find Wives by Fmartin(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2017
Source
Re: Why Over 30 Million Men In China Can't Find Wives by wtfcoded: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hmm, see wahala.
They should spread out to other countries.
With this, i'm now wondering how my uncle got married to an affluent chinese lady!

(1) (Reply)

Please Am Confuse.i Need Your Opinion / Slay Queen Who Lost Bf 2 Another Slay Queen,vows 2 Sleep With People's Bf.photos / Wish A Nairalander Happy Xmas. The Wisher With Highest Likes Gets A Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.