Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members (6108 Views)

Why We Should Stop Picking On Girls Who Are Dating For Money / Is It Possible To Fall Inlove With Somebody You Haven't Met? / After Dating For 3yrs Without Sex..she Is Getting Married To Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by darababy: 9:36am On Apr 02, 2010
hello everyone please i have got a problem that is seriously bothering me i have a boyfriend who i have been dating for over a year now.we met each other at the school library. but the thing is that we have been dating for over a year now and i have not met any of his family members. when he was doing his convocation only his brother was able to come and that was how i met his brother.but other than that i noticed that when he is on the phone with his sisters he rarely makes mention of me.
my brother is supposed to travel to Nigeria this weekend and he called his sister to tell her that he was sending stuff for them then she asked he how he was going to send the things and he said that his friend one guy like that will help him i got very angry and asked him why he should refer to my brother as one guy like that. is he ashamed of me or is he too young to have a girlfriend (he is thirty) he started apologising to me that he is sorry that he did not mean it that way. besides that we had a fight recently because a guy added me on face book and sent me a message that said " hey, nice look on Friday, " i refused to call him because he was making a mountain out a mole hill we later settled after much begging on his part and then yesterday he told me that he got a call from his aunt in Nigeria telling him that she has found a girl for him and his aunt was singing praises of the girl. please brothers and sisters advice me what do you think.
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2010
he's just not that into you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by bournvita: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2010
Sweetheart he was only using you to pass time, move on
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by darababy: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2010
ice blue please tell me is there anything i can do about this other than this problem he is very caring if there is anything bothering me he makes it his business and tries to help me find a solution. and if there is anything he wants to do he calls me to seek my advice so thats what is making me confused.
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by darababy: 9:43am On Apr 02, 2010
but bournvita we are still dating and i love him so much i just can't imagine that he is using me
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2010
I can think of only one thing off the top. He's really not committed to you or the relationship
so he doesn't think it necessary to introduce you to family. Like the two ladies above me said, he's
not that into U, he was just passing time. MOVE ON BABE.
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by bournvita: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2010
Sweetheart it's a different thing if you lot have only dated for a few months, listen,you are still dating does not mean he is into you, why hasnt he mentioned your name to his family members? why did he deny your brother, he is not yet a man honey, he has someone he's going to marry at the end of the day, he knows who he is going to marry already, he helps you solve probs and stuff is no guarantee, men will even go as far as introducing their lovers to family members but deep inside they know they aint gonna marry them
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by ayettymama(f): 9:56am On Apr 02, 2010
hehehehehehehehehehe

ok lets see. . . . . .

iceblue:

he's just not that into you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
this is some funny shit!!!
the guy told u his aunt has a girl for him back home, why are u here crying?? dump his arse and move onto someone that is serious!

gosh
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2010
darababy:

ice blue please tell me is there anything i can do about this other than this problem he is very caring if there is anything bothering me he makes it his business and tries to help me find a solution. and if there is anything he wants to do he calls me to seek my advice so thats what is making me confused.

anybody can do this for a friend sweetie, and you can get that from a good female friend too. best to get him out of your system now. don't set yourself up for heartbreak. ask yourself critically; what do i love about him? what does he do for me that no one else can? how does he fit into my idea of the right man for me? trust me, u don't want to end up with someone who doesn't appreciate/need you. let it (and him) go.
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by itchy(f): 11:14am On Apr 02, 2010
Dump the guy and move on. . . the party is over
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by darababy: 11:26am On Apr 02, 2010
i sent him a mail that i there was something bothering me and that pls he should holla when he gets the message. any way he just called and i told him that what he told me was bothering me, his aunt calling and telling him of a girl and he said that if he had an alterior motive he would not have told me and that do i think that his sisters don't know that he has a Girlfriend
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by bournvita: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2010
Are women this naive? his sisters know , alright, why havent you spoken to them?not even for one day, during their convo why is it that they dont ask of you? right in your presence he called your brother a friend whilst talking to HIS SISTER and not  "my lover's  brother" i just pray you open your eyes before its too late.
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by ayettymama(f): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2010
eeya, ur really hung up on this guy

i feel for u

just tell him the fact that he neva introduced you is bugging you

then again men are complex creatures he can tell u all the lies under the sun for the thot ur leaving him

like the poster above said

think down deep- is he really what you want?
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by ayettymama(f): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2010
bournvita:

Are women this naive? his sisters know , alright, why havent you spoken to them?not even for one day, during their convo why is it that they dont ask of you? right in your presence he called your brother a friend whilst talking to HIS SISTER and not  "my lover's  brother" i just pray you open your eyes before its too late.

you have to feel for the girl he sounds young

the dude sounds typical tryna make up all the excuses under the sun

awwww! men!
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by mukina2: 11:35am On Apr 02, 2010
He is not just into you, he is just using you.

Please leave him now before it gets too late.

men sha!
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by bournvita: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2010
ayettymama:

you have to feel for the girl he sounds young

the dude sounds typical tryna make up all the excuses under the sun

awwww! men!

I just want her to think smart, i know shes inlove but i think its with the wrong person, if his sisters know, why didnt he tell them "dara's brother is coming down to naija, and i will give him some things to give to you all" why use words like "one friend like that" , some men r wicked, they will never let go until the dying /last/eleventh hour
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by bournvita: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2010
mukina2:

He is not just into you, he is just using you.

Please leave him now before it gets too late.

men sha!

Mukina i opened up a thread for you ,chekc the nairaland section
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2010
My dear please this is not a good situation for you. One year and refers to your relatives as "one person like that'? Well that shows how he feels about you. sad sad
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by ayettymama(f): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2010
u guys are soo right!

@poster *hug* u have to leave his ass!
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by bournvita: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2010
She's got a sweet heart and i seriously and honestly feel for her

Life is a stage, you've gotten to this stage, now move on to another stage, you've got to out run/outsmart your present stage

We all make mistakes in life, but show me a person that has never made a mistake in life and i will tell you that,that person will never rise if he/she falls.

You've made a mistake, learn from it
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by honeric01(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
Aww, poor you, here i am getting worried about the over-familiarity of my girl to my siblings, you are here complaining of the opposite. embarassed
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by queeneve: 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2010
Awww it sucks when you are in love with someone that does not see you the same way you see them. I am sorry that he JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU, I know you already heard that, but chile you need to pack your shirt and toothbrush NOW!

My fiance introduced me to his family after about three months of us courting. All of his family members including extended family members happy that we are getting married. It good when both side families support you and your fiance getting married. It important that he introduce you to his family after having serious thoughts about you. If he doesn't it an indication that he does not see you in that light. Sorry Chile!

There are more fishes in the pond waiting to bite! (pushes Chipmonkey toward you)
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
queeneve:

There are more fishes in the pond waiting to bite! (pushes Chipmonkey toward you)

what? oh eww! lol!! cheesy cheesy

OP: no one can force you to do anything. seems you desperately want to hold on to this guy. you'll soon open a sob thread 'i Was In Love With Him and He Left Me to Marry Someone His Aunt Picked', despite having seen all the signs. Na siddon look i dey at this point. Good luck to you!
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2010
Upon examination of chipmunkey's profile, i take that back. He's actually a cutie (what little bit i can see) tongue tongue. all that's left is to figure out if he's got the character to match. my investigation no reach that side. no time grin
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by ayettymama(f): 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2010
U saw his foto u didn't check his posts! cheesy
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^ i quite agree. one has to wonder y queeneve recommended him to the poor girl undecided undecided
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by omega25red(m): 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
God i hate that "he just not into you" phrase

Cool profile pic iceblue do you read the manga?
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2010
yeah. love em! kiss kiss
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2010
It's so sad, but the truth is, this guy has no intention of taking your relationship past the casual stage. A year is a pretty long time not to be introduced to any of your boyfriend's family.

I introduced my wife to my family within weeks of us dating, she had both my sister's numbers, as well as my brother's, and of course, they had hers.
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by ayettymama(f): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2010
iceblue:

^^^ i quite agree. one has to wonder y queeneve recommended him to the poor girl undecided undecided

queeneve is eeeeeevil grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by amyg(f): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
@poster,Wake up!its real.on ur mark girl,he dsn't lv u enough 2 tk it 2 d nxt level.
Re: We Have Been Dating For A Year I Haven't Met Met Any Of His Family Members by TewMuch: 6:16am On Apr 03, 2010
eyah Dara, It seems like you really love this guy. When he said that rubbish, you should have asked your brother to return his stuff to him. That was totally disrespectful to you. He obviously has someone else at home, and has told you about the person to your face. Although he uses the aunty story to make it more presentable. Soon he will come up with the story that his family members are forcing him to marry her, and he has to obey them. Just start removing yourself small small. Stop picking his calls and even remove him from facebook sef. Also stop seeing him so much. Before you know it, he is slowly getting off your mind, and he will definitely come to beg but please do not take him back. To him, you are just someone to warm his bed before his real sweetie is able to come around. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Beware!!! / See Pics Of Romanceland Most Sexiest Men-extreme Sexiness To End ur Weekend with / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.