Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Is School A Scam?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is School A Scam?? (7599 Views)

Help! A Friend Of Mine Use Is School Fees To Buy A Phone For His Girlfriend / When Is School Resuming, I Miss Sex Badly – Pretty Facebook Lady, Says / Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is School A Scam?? by smulti(m): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
I can't marry an uneducated man even if he earns millions 'cause education refines people.

hmmm... Can I say you are referring to somebody like me who did not have the opportunity to see the four walls of higher institution

though, by the grace of God, with my business enterprise I was able to train four of my younger siblings in the universities, without being boastful I'm currently living in my own house, also own a small car to convey me from point A to point B

this is to say if I'm to come across you and liked to marry you I will have to present university degree certificate to qualify

thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is School A Scam?? by BluntBoy(m): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
I can't marry an uneducated man even if he earns millions 'cause education refines people.

Kimbra, what do you mean by uneducated?

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:

hmmm... Can I say you are referring to somebody like me who did not have the opportunity to see the four walls of higher institution

though, by the grace of God, with my business enterprise I was able to train four of my younger siblings in the universities, without being boastful I'm currently living in my own house, also own a small car to convey me from point A to point B

this is to say if I'm to come across you and liked to marry you I will have to present university degree certificate

thanks

You are even doing beta than so educated ones self

3 Likes

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:

this is to say if I'm to come across you and liked to marry you I will have to present university degree certificate

thanks
I'd rather choose one of your brothers over you no matter how loaded you are.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
What's the ratio of well-doing people who could read and write without a degree to those who do?. It's an insignificant fraction. Not being able to speak good English doesn't make anyone unrefined. There's difference between being educated and speaking wrong English 'cause last I checked, Koreans don't speak English and they're considered to be the smartest in the world. English isn't our first language so that's understandable but the question is, what kind of a graduate in an English speaking country can't speak good English?. Having said that, certificates comes in handy at moments people least expect it, if tomorrow a good opportunity presents itself to be gainfully employed with a good pay, what would you do?. You see why I think your dropping out of school may not be the best decision or you should endeavour to go back later. On a second thought, who am I to tell you that?.

If you can tell me the opportunities I will be glad,,,Even 80% of Politicians ain't educated,,Mind you,,,You can still go back to school to take cert after balling your MULA

2 Likes

Re: Is School A Scam?? by thedondada(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

I didn't say education,,,I said School

This man you dey vex oh.

School is what you make of it. Not the grade. You are viewing school as the copy and paste format as I said ala cram and pour, graduate and get a JOB.

That's the problem with the education pattern here it trains you to get a JOB not how to create jobs. Not everyone can be an entrepreneur I know but the mentality of graduate and work for the big 5 is what's killing the dreams of many young Nigerians.

Going to school is to better yourself not just to get a living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is School A Scam?? by JohnNgene: 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

I didn't say education,,,I said School

You for allow me land first na. Lol. Please read my full comment now that I've finished typing.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by LarryBeryl(m): 8:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:

thanks

Some graduates can construct sentences half this good
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Education is not a scam.Dangote wey many of una dey take shout up and down has a degree in business administration in the univ of Cairo. Though i know someone here might counter me saying dat Davido,whizkid and Timaya no go school but then i recall Davido do im NYSC last yearcheesy.when u are an illiterate u become intellectually blind.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
lefulefu:
Education is not a scam.Dangote wey many of una dey take shout up and down has a degree in business administration in the univ of Cairo. Though i know someone here might counter me saying dat Davido,whizkid and Timaya no go school but then i recall Davido do im NYSC last yearcheesy.when u are an illiterate u become intellectually blind.

Lol @ Davido serve NYSC....That dude wey drop out 200 level...them don use money buy their way...anyways na their ways

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
JohnNgene:
Well, education in the broad sense of the word is not a scam. In Nigeria, people erroneously confine the definition of education to the walls of schools whether primary, secondary or tertiary. However, education encompasses vocational training (e.g. electrical works, tailoring, hairdressing etc) and even business apprenticeship (popularly called igba-bonyi in Igboland).

In the final analysis, especially within the Nigerian context, I think tertiary education (in universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) is a scam. I think so because I've observed that in this 21st century, you can educate yourself both online and offline by reading relevant books and watching YouTube videos. If you're determined enough in your self-education, people will even assume you're a graduate when they see your handiwork and hear you speak using the appropriate terminology/jargons. Better still, companies will choose your expertise/experience over a graduate's certificate. Best of all is that in the long run you'll employ the first-class graduates to work for you. I think men like Innoson clearly exemplify what I'm trying to say here.

This my opinion doesn't apply to professional courses like medicine and engineering o! Lol.

Nice write up!!!

Okkk,,I get you bro
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

If you can tell me the opportunities I will be glad,,,Even 80% of Politicians ain't educated,,Mind you,,,You can still go back to school to take cert after balling your MULA
It'll be good if you go back 'cause education isn't a scam. And for your information, whether those politicians are considered to be illiterates in your eyes doesn't mean they're illiterates. They have their certificates to prove that they went through the four-walls of a tertiary institution and that's one of the major criteria for them to be elected into offices.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by BluntBoy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:
Yes,Romancelander....i know I shouldn't create this thread here but I did anyway due to my activeness on Romance section

Now my question is....is going to higher institutions a Scam,Cause the more we see now@days.....80% of graduate don't work nor ball in their field of studies,,,Why the need of Going to School??

Alot out there are making it without going to school,And those that went keep on striving to survive....

Don't you think that in the situation of things,SCHOOL IS LIKELY A SCAM

Don't mind my Errors

School in Nigeria is a scam because of pervasive corruption. Let us start from the top. What is a lawyer (Fashola) doing in the Ministry of Power?

Now, let us go down. Someone goes to school and struggles to get a degree in Accountancy but a Yoruba graduate gets the accountant job because he/she knows someone that knows the bank owner. The days of meritocracy are long gone. One of the friends I made during NYSC studied Microbiology. She has a top post in a bank today cheesy.

So, in Nigeria, school is a scam. Only few people get to practice in their fields. Majority just carry certificates inside folders. Some people do not even use their certificates and yet they operate in a corporate world.

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
If education isn't a scam whereare all the Nigerians we see becoming the best internationally? How much has education transformed Nigeria?Why dowe look to politicians when it comes to significant national transformation.Perhaps education isn't a scam, our lecturers and many graduates are the dimwits then
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 8:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
thedondada:

This man you dey vex oh.

School is what you make of it. Not the grade. You are viewing school as the copy and paste format as I said ala cram and pour, graduate and get a JOB.

That's the problem with the education pattern here it trains you to get a JOB not how to create jobs. Not everyone can be an entrepreneur I know but the mentality of graduate and work for the big 5 is what's killing the dreams of many young Nigerians.

Going to school is to better yourself not just to get a living.

going to school is to better yourself not just to get a living.

Which means,,is A SCAM
Re: Is School A Scam?? by smulti(m): 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
I'd rather choose one of your brothers over you no matter how loaded you are.

this girl is very mean meh !!

funnily enough I still support some of those my graduate younger brothers from time to time because of their meager salaries hoping they would get a better job in the near future but right now Nigeria situation says otherwise

cc oxster this girl says I don't belong to her class oo

come and help me convince her

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Kekx(m): 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

If you can tell me the opportunities I will be glad,,, Even 80% of Politicians ain't educated ,Mind you,,,You can still go back to school to take cert after balling your MULA

How do you mean?
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
It'll be good if you go back 'cause education isn't a scam. And for your information, whether those politicians are considered to be illiterates in your eyes doesn't mean they're illiterates. They have their certificates to prove that they went through the four-walls of a tertiary institution and that's one of the major criteria for them to be elected into offices.

Cert without reaching de Four walls of school ,,,becos de have money and there money got Dem that post

SCHOOL IS SCAM

why won't the political science graduate be the ones there?

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:

funnily enough I still support some of those my graduate younger brothers from time to time because of their meager salaries hoping they would get a better job in the near future but right now Nigeria situation says otherwise

cc oxster this girl says I don't belong to her class

Don't mind her,,she still has alot to see and go through

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
BluntBoy:

School in Nigeria is a scam because of pervasive corruption. Let us start from the topic. What is a lawyer (Fashola) doing in the Ministry of Power?

Now, let us go down. Someone goes to school and struggles to get a degree in Accountancy but a Yoruba graduate gets the accountant job because he/she knows someone that knows the bank owner. The days of meritocracy are long gone. One of the friends I made during NYSC studied Microbiology. She has a top post in a bank today cheesy.

So, in Nigeria, school is a scam. Only few people get to practice in their fields. Majority just carry certificates inside folders. Some people do not even use their certificates and yet they operate in a corporate world.

My brother, take two orijin bitters on me abeg

Go to hospitals around, see many doctors, no upgrade. Main listening to them you know they are old-school. That's why people dey die daily. Quack doctors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
BluntBoy:

School in Nigeria is a scam because of pervasive corruption. Let us start from the topic. What is a lawyer (Fashola) doing in the Ministry of Power?

Real Scam Bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:

cc oxster this girl says I don't belong to her class
Having a certificate doesn't automatically mean I'll be marring a guy. If his personality and vision blends with what I desire then I'll be saying yes, if not, my answer will be no. grin
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:

She will soon realize some mistakes

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:

School onyl trains people to become workers in other people's businesses...School is a rip-off. The best school is the mind !

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kekx:

How do you mean?

80% of Nigeria politicians ain't educated @ 1st tym,,de got de post and manipulated their cert with money

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

Cert without reaching de Four walls of school ,,,becos de have money and there money got Dem that post

SCHOOL IS SCAM

why won't the political science graduate be the ones there?
Oxster:

Don't mind her,,she still has alot to see and go through
The only thing I'll have to learn is life 'cause life is a teacher. As far as this topic is concerned, my decision isn't going to change in the future.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
Having a certificate doesn't automatically mean I'll be marring a guy. If his personality and vision blends with what I desire then I'll be saying yes, if not, my answer will be no. grin

Lol,.nd maybe definitely u will be waiting for ur destined husband indeed

You are even confuse,,I don't still get you

1 Like

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
Education is not a scam. Proper education can always serve as an option regardless of what a person eventually pursue with his/her life.

Most Nigerians believe education can only be acquired in the four walls of a classroom, but there is more to education than that.

Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits

Education can be acquired through various means which includes through teaching, research, story telling, discussion etc. Thus, education is not a scam

Now is tertiary education a scam? it depends on who you are speaking with. if you ask a doctor, an engineer working with a top oil company, they might have a different perspective to others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jupxter:

School onyl trains people to become workers in other people's businesses...School is a rip-off. The best school is the mind !

The best school is the mind another one,,Explain further
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
greiboy:
Education is not a scam. Proper education can always serve as an option regardless of what a person eventually pursue with his/her life.

Most Nigerians believe education can only be acquired in the four walls of a classroom, but there is more to education than that.

Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits

Education can be acquired through various means which includes through teaching, research, story telling, discussion etc. Thus, education is not a scam

Now is tertiary education a scam? it depends on who you are speaking with. if you ask a doctor, an engineer working with a top oil company, they might have a different perspective to others.

Intelligent perspective. Why i stand in favor of school is a scam, t's notable to say school isn;t a scam technically, and in the true sense of the case, but then, giving the high amount of graduates we have, how much has it translated into growth and development in the country? See why some of us say schooling is a scam? I expect every graduate to make intelligent input to national development, when i see graduates serrving in pure water firms for example. i can't help but wonder, what a waste of sperm !
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

Lol,.nd maybe definitely u will be waiting for ur destined husband indeed

You are even confuse,,I don't still get you
You'll have to be open-minded to get my point. I won't succumb to cheap emotional blackmail if that's the card you want to pull now.

Don't go to school if you don't want but don't ignorantly call it a scam.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
The only thing I'll have to learn is life 'cause life is a teacher. As far as this topic is concerned, my decision isn't going to change in the future.

KKK,,no one is trying to convince you tho

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asewo Dubai – How Nigerian Ladies Prostitute In Dubai / What First Impression Do People Usually Get Wrong About You? / Who Else Gets This Feeling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.