Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Is School A Scam?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is School A Scam?? (7592 Views)

Help! A Friend Of Mine Use Is School Fees To Buy A Phone For His Girlfriend / When Is School Resuming, I Miss Sex Badly – Pretty Facebook Lady, Says / Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
You'll have to be open-minded to get my point. I won't succumb to cheap emotional blackmail if that's the card you want to pull now.

Don't go to school if you don't want but don't ignorantly call it a scam.

Am not only de one calling it scam,,,Even our Environment calls it that
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

The best school is the mind another one,,Explain further

The aim of education is to develop the mind. Make it the conduit for facilitating great ideas, but then we see people go through school but even after 20 years of education their mind is wrapped up, they can't see across the street. Someone around me handled a few cases brilliant medical dcotros in renowned hospitals couldn't solve, in one of such case, the patient was an elderly man who's daughter was serving in Unilag Teaching Hospital and one of the ebst studnets at the time, it was to cost over 2 Million, there was no hope. The man didnt have the funds, the doctors had no knowledge about what to do, the daughter that had very good knowledge about medicine too was ignorant about what to do...

...Do you know it took a guy who had just a school cert but studies deeply to rescue them? They spent just 40k, to solve a problem the best minds according to them couldn'tsolve. This same person has solved about ten of such cases top hospitals couldn' tsolve, yet i shouldn't say school is a scam, the average Nigerian lecturer is an eddiot, the average nigerian student is a fool, Jonathan or Buhari isn't completely the problem, we should use our heads.

If the mind is under-developed even after 20-25 years of studies, then what is the usefulness of education. Less than 5% of our graduates can say to be anything to write home about, then why should we say school is not a scam. The end product of schooling is a transformed mind, and in the lack of an elightened mind, we can't say school is not a scam

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is School A Scam?? by smulti(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Education is not a scam and can never be a scam

it's our politicians that messed the country up the way it is today

Common here in South Africa you cannot find an unemployed graduate because their country is industrialized as against Nigeria that depends on importation virtually on every product including consumer goods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
lefulefu:
Education is not a scam.Dangote wey many of una dey take shout up and down has a degree in business administration in the univ of Cairo. Though i know someone here might counter me saying dat Davido,whizkid and Timaya no go school but then i recall Davido do im NYSC last yearcheesy.when u are an illiterate u become intellectually blind.

Haven't your dangote and Davido blow already b4 obatining that cert??

Blow 1st b4 de cert,,Even the world richest man didn't see de 4 walls of school#BILL GATE
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Kekx(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

80% of Nigeria politicians ain't educated @ 1st tym,,de got de post and manipulated their cert with money

Bunch of poo with no tangible statistics and prove.

When next you want to have a civil discussion without confusion on education, school and successful related issues, do well not to mislead us with your topic's title.

How can a sane fellow ask if "School is a scam"?
How can?, do you even know that this question has to do with other countries all over the world.

Next time, if you feel like seeking excuses and reasons not to further your education, come with a thread of "Is Education/School in Nigeria a scam"

Not "Is school a scam"

If you fvcking feel education is a scam and useless, try ignorance.

Goodluck!
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jupxter:
If education isn't a scam whereare all the Nigerians we see becoming the best internationally? How much has education transformed Nigeria?Why dowe look to politicians when it comes to significant national transformation.Perhaps education isn't a scam, our lecturers and many graduates are the dimwits then

Asin ehhh,,,Is just a real scam
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
smulti:
Education is not a scam and can never be a scam

it's our politicians that messed the country up the way it is today

Common here in South Africa you cannot find an unemployed graduate because their country is industrialized as against Nigeria that depends on importation virtually on every product including consumer goods

It is a lie, big lie. I have friends in Pretoria, Jo'burg there are no jobs in S.A. You think we don't read the news? Stop lieing...S.A. now has very high unemployment rates...Shift joiooor....

I have a friend who is a Ph.Dholder in Pretoria, I have Msc holders in different cities in S.A. I spoke with them last wek, they still confirmed it no jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
greiboy:
Education is not a scam. Proper education can always serve as an option regardless of what a person eventually pursue with his/her life.

Most Nigerians believe education can only be acquired in the four walls of a classroom, but there is more to education than that.

Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits

Education can be acquired through various means which includes through teaching, research, story telling, discussion etc. Thus, education is not a scam

Now is tertiary education a scam? it depends on who you are speaking with. if you ask a doctor, an engineer working with a top oil company, they might have a different perspective to others.

Note,,,not education....School
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

Note,,,not education....School

That is why i said " the mind "

Education should transform " the mind " !

Transformation of the mind outside the school is always better - Robert Kiyosaki !
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kekx:

Bunch of poo with no tangible statistics and prove.

When next you want to have a civil discussion without confusion on education, school and successful related issues, do well not to mislead us with your topic's title.

How can a sane fellow ask if "School is a scam"?
How can?, do you even know that this question has to do with other countries all over the world.

Next time, if you feel like seeking excuses and reasons not to further your education, come with a thread of "Is Education/School in Nigeria a scam"

Not "Is school a scam"

If you fvcking feel education is a scam and useless, try ignorance.

Goodluck!

So u r ranting cos u feelin I didn't use ur well defined topic??

Ok,,mister man,,after ur so called defined topic: Is it a scam?
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

KKK,,no one is trying to convince you tho
Neither am I trying to make you change your decision but if the likes of Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg went back to get their certificates then you should be worried.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jupxter:

Lol @ Davido serve NYSC....That dude wey drop out 200 level...them don use money buy their way...anyways na their ways
dats naija education for u grin.u can buy ur degree or ur ph.d if u got the cash grin.a friend in Germany told me that over there as an immigrant if u no go school dey always encourage u to enter their school.dem go dey give u stipends to survive as an immigrant.if u enter formal education like their univ dey provide u with a job as a student.working immigrant students get a higher pay than non working student immigrants.if u say school no dey ur head then u encouraged to enter the technical section to learn auto car parts,carpentering etc.dem dey learn am also like the way students for univ dey learn their own.this is why u see all those whitey instructors wey dey come our country to do our roads and bridges dey finish work.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by BluntBoy(m): 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
I think a lot of people are getting the topic wrong. I believe that education can never be a scam but school is cheesy

During my service year, I met terrible graduates. Damn. The only thing that made them legit graduates were their degrees. Those were the only items they could boast of. Common affairs were zero for many of them and there was a lack of even a basic grasp of relative knowledge. It appears like the certificates were paramount in their scholarly journey.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

Haven't your dangote and Davido blow already b4 obatining that cert??

Blow 1st b4 de cert,,Even the world richest man didn't see de 4 walls of school#BILL GATE
so bill gates no go school?
where did u get that info?
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
lefulefu:

dats naija education for u grin.u can buy ur degree or ur ph.d if u got the cash grin.a friend in Germany told me that over there as an immigrant if u no go school dey always encourage u to enter their school.dem go dey give u stipends to survive as an immigrant.if u enter formal education like their univ dey provide u with a job as a student.working immigrant students get a higher pay than non working student immigrants.if u say school no dey ur head then u encouraged to enter the technical section to learn auto car parts,carpentering etc.dem dey learn am also like the way students for univ dey learn their own.this is why u see all those whitey instructors wey dey come our country to do our roads and bridges dey finish work.

My guy studied mechanical engineering Unilag, went to U.S.A He start to dey cry when he reach there...he say common engine him nofit loose and re-assemble, and he spent 7 years. Imagine ! I spoke with a lady in Canada, from 200 level, she dey go refinery go field .... but for here, na die. Nigerian education is a cemetry. What a shame ! A country where oyibos used to come for mediical care some 50 years ago. Now a shadow of its past, a country that can't feed itself, we import eggs, tomato. every essentials of life !
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
lefulefu:

Bill gates no go school nah
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
BluntBoy:
I think a lot of people are getting the topic wrong. I believe that education can never be a scam but school is cheesy

During my service year, I met terrible graduates. Damn. The only thing that made them legit graduates were their degrees. Those were the only items they could boast of. Common affairs were zero for many of them and there was a lack of even a basic grasp of relative knowledge. It appears like the certificates were paramount in their scholarly journey.

Exactly what we're saying !
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Kekx(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

So u r ranting cos u feelin I didn't use ur well defined topic??

Ok,,mister man,,after ur so called defined topic: Is it a scam?

Rhetorical question in the making.

Go to school if you want to.
Hustle if you want to.

Destiny differs, what worked for Peter might not work for Paul.

The only people that will advice you not to go to school are those who weren't opportune to go, those who dropped out and those who didn't make it after graduating.

While, those that succeeded after schooling will advice you to go to school.

Now, this is to tell you that any possible advice you'll get from here will be a sentimental type.

Once again, destiny differs.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jupxter:

The aim of education is to develop the mind. Make it the conduit for facilitating great ideas, but then we see people go through school but even after 20 years of education their mind is wrapped up, they can't see across the street. Someone around me handled a few cases brilliant medical dcotros in renowned hospitals couldn't solve, in one of such case, the patient was an elderly man who's daughter was serving in Unilag Teaching Hospital and one of the ebst studnets at the time, it was to cost over 2 Million, there was no hope. The man didnt have the funds, the doctors had no knowledge about what to do, the daughter that had very good knowledge about medicine too was ignorant about what to do...

...Do you know it took a guy who had just a school cert but studies deeply to rescue them? They spent just 40k, to solve a problem the best minds according to them couldn'tsolve. This same person has solved about ten of such cases top hospitals couldn' tsolve, yet i shouldn't say school is a scam, the average Nigerian lecturer is an eddiot, the average nigerian student is a fool, Jonathan or Buhari isn't completely the problem, we should use our heads.

If the mind is under-developed even after 20-25 years of studies, then what is the usefulness of education. Less than 5% of our graduates can say to be anything to write home about, then why should we say school is not a scam. The end product of schooling is a transformed mind, and in the lack of an elightened mind, we can't say school is not a scam

Am touched by your words,,The school is our mind indeed

Thanks for the word

And probably all this happens only in Nigeria

Don't be surprised that de person that healed de elderly man if he was opportune to further more he might be better than some all these doctors,,,mayb due to de way Nigeria education of system works
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

Am touched by your words,,The school is our mind indeed

Thanks for the word

And probably all this happens only in Nigeria

Don't be surprised that de person that healed de elderly man if he was opportune to further more he might be better than some all these doctors,,,mayb due to de way Nigeria education of system works

He has touched lives.I'm moved when i hear cases he handled... Ladies with infertility problems that has reached 5-7 years. Goitres, Cardiac problems, Sexual Infertility, name it..

The average graduate is not better than a toohpick, just to use and throw away, senseless folks. All many do in school is cohabit and fhvk away their destinies
Re: Is School A Scam?? by BluntBoy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jupxter:

Exactly what we're saying !
Yes, indeed.
Jupxter:

Intelligent perspective. Why i stand in favor of school is a scam, t's notable to say school isn;t a scam technically, and in the true sense of the case, but then, giving the high amount of graduates we have, how much has it translated into growth and development in the country? See why some of us say schooling is a scam? I expect every graduate to make intelligent input to national development, when i see graduates serrving in pure water firms for example. i can't help but wonder, what a waste of sperm !
The problem is not school, but our leaders. They fail to tap into the human resources. They only see money from crude oil (easy money).

I have seen and heard of stories of many Nigerians who have been able to use their 'school' education outside Nigeria.
BluntBoy:

there some ppl wey get their degree under mango tree.dem drop out of primary 2 and dem no smell secondary school.at the end of the day dem hire mercenary to write WAEC for dem den go ahead buy fake univ degree under mango tree.can u refer to such person as educated?
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
lefulefu:

U don't even know that??no,need of further argument with yourself,,go & read his autobiography
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
lefulefu:

there some ppl wey get their degree under mango tree.dem drop out of primary 2 and dem no smell secondary school.at the end of the day dem hire mercenary to write WAEC for dem den go ahead buy fake univ degree under mango tree.can u refer to such person as educated?

Hahaha. I know a town in the Niger Delta, them dey use am as special centre. Half way into the exam them go fire gun shots, invigilators go run, na only boat reach the village, so no way for help to come, before the invigilator recover them don do expose tire.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Kekx(m): 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jupxter:

Bill gates no go school nah
What are you saying?
Bill gates saw the four walls of a university but didn't graduate.
Re: Is School A Scam?? by BluntBoy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
lefulefu:

there some ppl wey get their degree under mango tree.dem drop out of primary 2 and dem no smell secondary school.at the end of the day dem hire mercenary to write WAEC for dem den go ahead buy fake univ degree under mango tree .can u refer to such person as educated?

Re: Is School A Scam?? by Kekx(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oxster:

U don't even know that??no,need of further argument with yourself,,go & read his autobiography

See hope.

Smh!
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
greiboy:
The problem is not school, but our leaders. They fail to tap into the human resources. They only see money from crude oil (easy money).

I have seen and heard of stories of many Nigerians who have been able to use their 'school' education outside Nigeria.

My brother. I've schooled myself into 7 fields of life. I didnt use the government's help ! Nigerians should wake up and leave politicians alone. The bible says he that doesn't sow in sowing season, when it reaches time for harvest, they'll reapthe wind, such is the case of many graduates, look at the contributions on forums and see how many reason, this is a starting point
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Oxster(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kekx:

Rhetorical question in the making.

Go to school if you want to.
Hustle if you want to.

Destiny differs, what worked for Peter might not work for Paul.

The only people that will advice you not to go to school are those who weren't opportune to go, those who dropped out and those who didn't make it after graduating.

While, those that succeeded after schooling will advice you to go to school.

Now, this is to tell you that any possible advice you'll get from here will be a sentimental type.

Once again, destiny differs.

Just answer the question!

With what you said or quote the topic,is it a SCAM?
Re: Is School A Scam?? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kekx:

What are you saying?

Bill gates saw the four walls of a university but didn't graduate.

he dropped out nah, is that one going to school ?
Re: Is School A Scam?? by smulti(m): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
kimbraa:
Having a certificate doesn't automatically mean I'll be marring a guy. If his personality and vision blends with what I desire then I'll be saying yes, if not, my answer will be no. grin

let me quickly get my dictionary

I need to check the definition of contradiction

I dey come....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Drugs Or Enhancers Can I Use Go Get Rock Hard Erections / Igbo Girls VS Fulani Girls, Who Is More Attractive? / See What Guys Did To This Girl At The Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.