Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel (14990 Views)

Moon Walker 2 [the Dark Moon] Onyeneke Abel / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel / April 2018: Nairaland Book Of The Month-moon Walker By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 2:02am On Jan 21, 2018
lordpriso:
u skipped chapter 14
corrected
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 2:03am On Jan 21, 2018
The other side
Chapter 16
Day 15

It was the first time in forever; the impossible was about the happen, the living and the dead, in a duel.
Siera and been tossed to the far end of the apartment, thrown over the dinning table to land with a loud thud.
Jack was going to leap in shock but Julie was by his side to sooth him.
"It's ok Jack, go back to sleep, I'm trying to squash an insect"
He believed her and soon he was off again.
"Julie! You bastard!"
Siera fumed in wrath, she had successfully screwed through her bag to find the whip, there is no way she would miss this time.
"Come out here if you've got the guts!"
Julie hissed and took off to stand before Siera.
"Siera?"
Quickly she lashed the whip but Julie was quick to teleport before it got to her.
Siera laughed wickedly now, she felt in charge and called out to Julie
"Come out here you bastard!"
"Siera, I loved you more than myself"
Julie was nowhere visible but her voice reverberated in the apartment.
Siera stood looking around nervously.
"And you threw it at my face, you murdered me Siera, what did I ever do to you?"
The sudden breeze that washed over Siera made her shiver in fear and she trembled even more.
"Come out come out you bitch!"
Her voice seems to progress to an higher volume, she tightened her hands on her whip.
"You are dead bitch, so stay dead!"
There was silence, and for a moment Siera was beginning to think she had spurned Julie for good.
But then a sudden rush of wind picked Siera off the ground and smashed her against the wall with force...
She winced in pain and Julie was there to tame her.
"Oh don't scream now love, I'm not going to kill you yet...I'm only going to break every bone in your body, bit by bit..."
Siera tightened grip on the whip tried to fling it at Julie but her hands were weak now. She coughed from the backache she felt and sprout out blood.
"You...bitch"
She muttered but Julie wasn't done, she couldn't touch the whip, but she was going to make sure Siera had no hands to touch them either.
She picked Siera up and held her against the Ceilings, twisting the joints that held her hands together... Siera screamed in pain and pleaded but Julie wouldn't listen.
"The reason you had me the first time was because I still had a soft spot for you...but now, now I just wanna see you bleed"
She turned Siera upside down and took hold of the joints holding her legs together.
"You won't be walking for a long time Siera"
She muttered and loosed her joints with a twist.
"Arrrgghhhh! Julie please"
Julie was getting the thrill now, she got a long cane she had in store and laid Siera on her stomach.
"What happens to stupid kids?"
Siera's tears were an hindrance to give an answer.
"Huh!"
"Sorry sorry, they get punished"
Julie wasn't satisfied with her answer, she contemplated for a while before she shook her head in disagreement.
"Nah, they get flogged!"
With that she thrashed Siera's butt till she was certain Siera won't be able to sit for a long time...
Now that she Siera could barely talk, Julie helped in the transportation bill.
She took hold of Siera and appeared in her office at Prada designers.
"There Siera, you owe me, and don't think I wouldn't kill you, just that the gatekeeper wouldn't let me"
She watched Siera wince in pain, blood dripping from both her nose and mouth, swollen face and ass. A sudden feeling of little satisfaction beamed her face and before she turned to go, she didn't fail to wish the best.
"Get well soon, dear Siera"
"Julie?"
Jack was up now and Julie was nowhere visible. He could see the drops of blood that littered the floor, a sudden rush of fear gripped him but he composed himself.
"Julie?"
He got a mop and attempted to clean off the blood when Julie showed up.
"Hey"
She called with a smile.
He stopped to see her smiling at him.
"Julie what happened here?"
He was direct with the question but it didn't stop her from smiling still.
"Let's just say I saved you from..."
Julie paused when she noticed the gun beside the cushion...
"Oh hold on, she left her property"
"You mean Siera?"
Jack asked but Julie was off again. He spotted the whip on the dinning table, the chairs dissipated, the flower vase that stood on his centre table was broken...he didn't need a soothsayer to tell him another battle had transpired.
Julie was back and he felt it.
"You know my apartment has been the wrestling ring for you ghosts"
He said as Julie took charge and restored the apartment to glimmer.
"Where is Siera?"
He didn't know if he should ask, but he had to.
The smirk on Julie's face connoted one thing, Siera was in a bad shape.
"You killed her?"
"Nah, Bernice wouldn't let me...I flogged her, as forewarning, she'll stay away from you now"
Jack was quiet for a while, they both had a lot to say but both didn't know the best way to start up the discussion.
"Julie..."
"Thank you, thank you for saving my life"
Julie was quick to Interject.
"Why did you say it?"
"Say what?"
"Why did you say those words..."
Julie was not getting his point.
"What words?"
"Why did you say you love me?"
He was staring at her intently. She stuttered and felt her eyes grow dim from staring at one position.
Favour appeared and Julie was so glad for the interruption.
"Nice Job dealing with Siera, I'm guessing you think she is half dead by now"
Favour was straight to the point, just that Jack wasn't happy with the interruption.
"You again"
He muttered but Favour wasn't paying attention to him.
"What if I told you Siera is fine, she has no scratch on her"
Julie shook her head in disbelief.
"That's impossible, I even have the whip now"
"Really? Where is it?"
A frown appeared on Julie's face, a minute back, she was sure the whip was on the dinning table, but now, it was gone.
"Listen Julie, don't fold your hands like you've won, not when you are dealing with the gatekeeper...you'll need Jack's help"
Favour turned to Jack now who was obviously trying to fit into the scene.
"Jack"
"Oh finally she realise that I'm actually recognizable"
Favour was not interested in his sense of humour. She made a hit on the point.
"Jack it's time you know who your real parents are and take charge of Prada designers"
She paused to leave Jack stunned with questions and then turned to Julie.
"Guard up girl, the battle is far from over"
©onyeneke Abel .January 2018 all rights reserved.
The other side
Continues.
What happens next?
Drop your comments below!�

3 Likes

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by dissybling(f): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2018
thanks for the update....here I am thinking that she won't recover fully from the beating...but the gatekeeper... ehhe
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Dessydemmy: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the metioning. God bless you dear and add more wisdom to you. please dont forget to mention again.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by sheikshegetto(m): 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
Great piece of literature Op, the suspence was on par, and the humor not overkill.. Worthy of a movie script but nollywood no go fit do the ghost effect... Took all that in one gulp, and now salivating for more.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
sheikshegetto:
Great piece of literature Op, the suspence was on par, and the humor not overkill.. Worthy of a movie script but nollywood no go fit do the ghost effect... Took all that in one gulp, and now salivating for more.

Nollywood nor get level joh
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
Dessydemmy:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the metioning. God bless you dear and add more wisdom to you. please dont forget to mention again.

lol ok
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
THE OTHER SIDE
CHAPTER 17

Day 16/17

Jack was keen on the recent update, he had a family he didn't know of? How is that possible?
But he had no memory of them; he was adopted?
All these questions welled up in his mind that he felt he would explode.
"How do I meet them?"
He fathomed Favour had the answer to everything.
"You won't be meeting them, they died in an accident, but you survived"
Jack hands dropped from his Jaw. Julie had expected an outburst but surprisingly he was still calm.
"How do you know this?"

"I've been doing some research to know why Siera is hell-bent on seeing you dead"
Julie was next with her question.
"You said he survived the accident, at what age? And why can't he remember?"
Jack nodded to her question, he didn't have any memory of the so-called parents.
"You lost that part of your life, you lost your memory...it was accident, there is bound to be inevitable damages. Don't you wonder how that scar at the back of your head?"
Jack quickly reached for the scar to feel it again...it made perfect sense.
"I scrambled through some hospital records, you were sewn up...and miraculously you survived"
Jack sighed in thoughts before he came up with another question.
"So what next?"

"You have to remember, your Father is the sole owner of Prada designers, he must have entrusted the original documents of Ownership to you"
Julie had to remind Favour of one unanswered question.
"At what age did this happen?"

"Age 14"
Favour replied hastily.
"How do I remember?"
Jack stood up now, he appeared quite ready for the task ahead.
"As a ghost, I have a specific power to see into your past, but I can only do that during the full moon. Luckily the next full moon is tomorrow"
Favour was optimistic and she was glad the others (Jack and Julie) shared in it.
She attempted to take off but held back to ask.
"And emm Julie, how is your love game going?"
Julie felt embarrassed, she shot a stern look at Favour who offered a smirk before she took off.
She felt Jack avoiding her eyes for a moment before he asked.
"So emmm, I am supposed to love you?"
He asked.
She felt cheap, even if it was a necessity to bring her back to the land of the living, she still felt it was an insult to her ego as a woman.
"Yea, but just forget about it, it's not possible, love is not something you force, let's focus on saving your life"
She avoided his eyes; the thought of taking off was one she considered but she felt it would be too rude.
Jack's silence became too uncomfortable that she had to offer an option of exit.
"Maybe I should just go and come back when you're..."
He was quick to interrupt.
"No, stay, let's talk"
She reluctantly agreed and waited for him to spit something out.
"What happened?"
She didn't get his question.
"Huh?"

"I'm pretty sure that you were not always rude and trashy, something must have made you..."
She Interjected when she spilled the beans.
"I lost my family, I lost them because the world refused to help, the world fathomed I would be crushed, they thought I won't survive...and so I swore to have vengeance at the world...and I couldn't think of another possible way than success, and a self centered personality where I alone matter"
He nodded and sighed in unison.
"You've loved someone before?"
She was quick with her reply
"Yes, myself"
Her reply met his unimpressed face.
"I meant the opposite sex"
She didn't have the deep soulful eyes to look through and figure the truth.
"No...they suck...guys, they suck"
She had made a hit on her reply before she discovered she was actually talking to a guy.
"Oh you are a guy, sorry"
He understood that she needed him now, so with the advantages in his mind he questioned.
"What about me? Remember you need me"
She chuckled at first and slashed his bubbles when she replied.
"No offense but even if I need you, you still suck"
It was supposed to get him angry, but he found himself laughing to it.
"I like your guts girl"
He said and picked his car keys.
"How about a date?"
Her face tightened to a frown.
"A date? With a ghost?"

"Yea, Don't worry I would bring the dinner here, it's not a crime to have a date in my apartment"
She eased up now and allowed a smile on her face.
"Alright"
Siera could feel her bones reawakened...she stretched to full length before she noticed Bernice beside her.
She sat up to discover she was in Julie's mansion; the mansion she had successfully personalised.
"You again"
She muttered.
"The whip"

"Is here"
Bernice completed her words.
"I healed all the wounds inflicted"
She went further.
Siera was glad but she didn't understand what Bernice stand to gain from the charade.
"Why are you helping me?"
She had to ask now.
"I don't like seeing ghosts mess with the fate of humans, see it as your bonus"
Siera allowed a frown on her face before she collected the whip and urged Bernice to speak up.
"I'm guessing there is something you need me for"

"Yes...As the gate keeper the full moon is when I get busy with the citadel of elders"
Siera got confused.
"Ok what's the citadel of elders?"

"That's none of your business...Julie is planning to recover Jack's memory and if she succeeds, it means his fate has been tampered with, you have to go there tomorrow and stop it. I will send faithful ghosts with you, so don't worry, it would be a fair fight"
Siera broadened with smiles of satisfaction, this was going to be round 3.

©onyeneke Abel .January 2018 all rights reserved

3 Likes

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by sheikshegetto(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
Oloshi ni bernice yi sha!
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by prestigious12: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
this story is thrilling,nice work dear
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by ofuregbe(f): 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
someone should mention me biko
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by sheikshegetto(m): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
ofuregbe:
someone should mention me biko
OFUREGBE!!!
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by ofuregbe(f): 1:30am On Jan 25, 2018
sheikshegetto:
OFUREGBE!!!
lol.. u try
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Dessydemmy: 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
wETIN HAPPEN SELF? what is the gatekeepper own now, she be amebo and she is also interfaring with the future of this people too. Weldone dear,God bless you more.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 12:15am On Jan 28, 2018
THE OTHER SIDE
CHAPTER 18

Day 17

Jack was on his way back with dinner, he wasn't sure what Julie might like so he just settled for a random selection of a quick snack and two plate of iced cream.
He was eager to see the glimmer in her eyes when he shows up...a quick thought popped up and he was quick to grab it.
Luckily a flower shop was close by, (his exact thought). It was the first time he attempted this and he clearly needed help in his selection. Luckily, a voice called from behind.
"Pick the pink, girls are suckers for those"
It was a middle aged woman, a little plumpy and fair. One look at her connoted that she was the viand to men's eyes in her youthful days.
"Thank you ma"
He smiled in satisfaction and got back in his car. He felt the need to hum in rhythm with the track emanating from the radio receiver.
Minutes later he got to his apartment and called out immediately.
"Julie?"
The silence gave way for a chilly fear that crept through his veins.
"Julie?"

"I'm here"
She startled him again. He held his chest to breathe well before he spoke out, trying to scuffle with the loads of items he had.
"Emm Julie, first I want to thank you for choosing to save my life, even when you knew it would be at the expense of yours"
He timidly presented the Rose to her and avoided her eyes, the fear of rejection was one he feared.
When she was alive, she had lots of flowers from different kind of people with outstanding caliber. It didn't matter to her then, she would end up throwing them in the trash can. But somehow, Jack's Rose felt special.
"Thanks Jack, thank you for saving me too"
He felt her eyes linger on him, he clearly had nothing else to say. Quickly he tried to opt out of the moment when he revealed the snacks.
"Who is hungry?"
His grin met Julie's frown.
"Jack? Who is going to eat these? I'm a ghost remember? I can't eat?"
His Jaw dropped in disappointment. How could he forget such an important fact?
"Oh don't be like this...OK set the table, I'll feed you, how about that?"
He wasn't to keen about the idea, it sounded ridiculous. He is not a baby, why would she feed him?
However, her persistence lured him to give in reluctantly.

"Open your mouth wide Jack, I'm gonna stuff you up...none of these would go to waste"
Her words triggered memories of his foster mother, it was the exact words she always say when she served him with any delicious dish.
She held a spoonful of iced cream and urged him with her eyes.
He wanted to act naughty and so he held the spoon with his lips and got her arm fairly stuck.
"Jack you know I can swing you like a piece of paper round this room"
She warned jokingly.
He chuckled but held it still.
"Yeah I can do that Jack"
He didn't oblige so she realised her grip from the spoon and sat back to take another look at him.
"You know when I said I never loved a guy, I lied. I actually did...but"
She paused with her head bowed.
"But what?
He released the spoon from his mouth to voice out.
" what happened?"

"I was, I was too bitter with hate, he couldn't take it, he broke up with me..."
She sighed and looked to observe his expression, he was blank and so she concluded.
"Jack I'm a bad person, I am not capable of love, I've hurt too many people Jack, too many people. Bernice knew the exact punishment for me. And it's not the fact that I won't be coming back to the land of the living, it's love. Love is my punishment, because I would never know what it feels like, it's a pain...its..."
Jack was touched that he felt the need to hush her.
"Julie, you're too hard on yourself, it's not your fault you were like that, situations and the cruel potholes of life made you a little harsh"
She wasn't convinced, with her head bowed she muttered.
"Nice try Jack, but I know I am doomed, I'm just waiting for..."
She paused to look in his soulful eyes.
"I just want to make good use of the moment we would have and save your life before my time runs out"
His right hand touched her cheek, the other hand followed till he cupped both sides with his palm.
"You are going nowhere, I won't let her take you, I promise"
She resolved that it was all talk, what could he possibly do to withstand Bernice? He is human. Although, she didn't fail to thank him.
"Thanks you Jack"
The moment was ripe and cozy, flares of emotions can be blamed to be the cause for Jack's next move. His lips brushed against hers; it swept a full rush of passion down her, objects in the apartment began to elevate and floated on air.
It was cut short when Frank walked in and called out in confusion.
"Jack? What are you doing?"

©onyeneke Abel .January 2018 all rights reserved.
visit our website http://www.Abfictionstories.com to read our new story *love is a game*

3 Likes

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by prestigious12: 8:46am On Jan 28, 2018
Frank must be a village people... joy shortener angryFrank must be a village people... joy shortener
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Dessydemmy: 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
I guess that is not Frank, maybe its that gatekeeper in order to stop them.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
THE OTHER SIDE
CHAPTER 19

Day 17/18

The objects floating on air spiced more fear that caused Frank to diffuse in hot sweat.
His eyes were protruding and wide open.
Julie was going to release her grip on the objects but her emotions were in full brim, she didn't know a ghost could actually feel this until now.
"Julie put them down"
Jack whispered through his clenched teeth, his eyes still on Frank who tightened the frown on his face.
"Jack, who are you talking to?"
The cushion dropped to earth first and prompted Frank to leap in fear; next the dinning table, and then simultaneously every other object were calm to earth.
"Jack, you...you are into ritualism?"
Jack was getting fed up with all the ideas popping in Frank's brain.
He rolled his eyes to heaven before he spoke out.
"Frank listen to me"
He stood up but Frank was quick to hold up his hands to halt him.
'Stay back...don't move"
He took the next minute before he voiced out.
"Jack you've gone mad"

"No Frank listen..."

"No no...Jack, are you telling me this is normal? objects! Objects were floating on air Jack! There were flying!"

The sound of his lips and wave of his hands were perfect demonstration.
Jack knew Julie had to show herself to Frank, it was the only way.
"Julie?"
Julie who sat watching both men shook her head in disagreement to his idea.
"No way Jack"

"Please, he has to see you, else he won't believe me"
Frank slowly took his step backwards, trying to find the door with his hands swaying backwards.
"Jack, who are you talking too? Jesus..."
He was almost at the door when Julie became visible, and with a smile she called out.
"Hello Frank"
Frank froze for a minute or two before he stuttered out
"That's... Thats Ju...Julie"
No one was giving a satisfactory reply so he fathomed it was actually her ghost.
"Oh, it's...it's her ghost"
Jack nodded now.
"I told you didn't I? You didn't believe me"

"Oh I do now bro"

"Frank you are shivering"
Jack couldn't believe he was the one saying that now, he felt proud somehow.
"Or am I? Am not, am fine"
Jack laughed now.
"No bro, you are nowhere fine"

"Jack stop it am fine"
Frank wanted to prove strong now. He adjusted his polo and tightened his Jean. He thought wise to stand properly to face both human and ghost.
He was going to say something else when Favour appeared to grace the scene.
"Alright Jack, it's time"
It was just as Jack had presumed, Frank lost balance and passed out.
"Oh come on Favour, not again, see what you've done"
Favour noticed Frank stretched out on the floor now.
"Who's that?"

"My friend"

"What? Your friend? What is he doing here at this time?"
Favour was harsh because she knew what was about to happen.
"Hello? I didn't bring him here, he came on his own, for a friendly visit, that's what friends do, they...they see each other!"
Favour was not ready to waste another minute.
She mind controlled Jack to stand before her.
"What are you doing? He is gonna die if we do nothing!"
Jack was shouting on top of his voice while making his point. Julie was a little lost in the scene, but there was something she could do about it.
She took Frank in her arms and blew a mild breathe on his nostrils... He jerked back to life and resolved to his shell of fear the moment his vision became clear.
"Jack, Its time, the moon is full"
A chair was mind controlled and Jack was placed to sit, quickly Favour held his head with both hands, she was able to access Just a scene before Siera barged in with a force of a few ghost.
Favour was thrown off balance; Julie brushed off to the dinning; Jack was held up to the ceilings; objects in motion, Frank passed out again.

©onyeneke Abel .January 2017 all rights reserved.

3 Likes

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Dessydemmy: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2018
Wicked gatekeeper, I just wish Favour will not be reduce to dust today o.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by MhizMero(f): 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
The gatekeeper keeps interfering why is that?
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by emilykang(f): 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
Lovely... Enjoy other interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
THE OTHER SIDE
CHAPTER 20

Day 19

Jack was trying to tame the fear bubbling within but it was not working this time...favour took front to try and convince the wild ghosts at Siera's command but it wasn't yielding results.
He was scared for Frank, scared for Julie and for himself.
"Stay behind me Julie"
Julie was scared but she couldn't help the mild laugh that escaped her mouth.
"Jack, it's best you stay behind me"
She whispered back and without hesitation he bought the idea.
"What did she promise you all huh?"
It was favour trying to negotiate.
"The gatekeeper would definitely slash you all to dust so why do her biddings?"
Siera chuckled and did the talking for the team.
She looked quite achieved with the few army around her, the whip within her grasp was another advantage.
"You see my dear Friend, these ghosts has been promised 3months to roam freely without interruptions. You know this is an opportunity every ghost would jump at"
Siera made perfect sense, it was obvious she didn't come to be reasoned with, she came for War.
"Siera what did I ever do to you?"
Julie questioned from behind, she was trying to understand why Siera was hell-bent bent on seeing her wiped out of existence, maybe she had done something to hurt her. Although she knew that all her life, she has done everything within her power to see that Siera had the best.
"Nothing dear, I just hate you, hate your guts; I hated the fact that you were more successful than myself...that's all"
Julie was going to charge at Siera but Favour was there to stop her.
"Alright Julie let's think, and Jack it's either you fight or die"
Jack joined the crew immediately.
"What we are after now is the hit spot"
Jack tightened his grip on the mop stick he found just beside the threshold leading to his bedroom.
"Sorry for butting in but what use will that mop stick do?"
Julie had to ask, although she felt it was inappropriate now that Favour was trying to come up with a plan
"Julie would you listen?"

"Ok sorry"

"Hit spot is the cause of death...look to the tall ugly one. You see that large scar on his forehead? That's how he died. Hit that and he is gone"
Siera was done waiting now, she fathomed they were diversifying ways to beckon for leniency.
"You, get Julie"
She had 4ghosts at her disposal and fortunately for Favour, it was the ghost she needed as a sample. She snatched the mop stick from Jack's shivering hands, broke it in two and smashed it against the hit spot; immediately he dissolved to dust.
"That's how it's done!"

"What the...? kill them all!"
Siera gave the charge; immediately the room went dark, whirlwind took over and blew off the roof top, the lights went off, objects scattered to different directions... Jack was after the safety of his friend. He made sure Frank was in a safe corner before he tried to join the fight. Sadly one slap from an angry ghost sent him metres in the air and caused a blackout.
He took another hour to regain himself and noticed Siera tied up with strong rope.
"Where's Julie? Where's Julie?"

"I'm here. All good relax, I can see how you fought for me, huh Jack"
She was making a fun of him now but he had another thought in mind. His eyes got to Frank first...(he was still unconscious) and then all around his torn apartment; with his hands on head he muttered.
"Jesus christ, what do I tell my landlord?"

©onyeneke Abel .January 2017 all rights reserved.

Tired of waiting for updates?
visit http://www.Abfictionstories.com to read more episodes of THE OTHER SIDE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by ztarlord(m): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
nice story .. .thanks for the update
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Dessydemmy: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
Tell your landlord you have a ghost visit grin grin. Well done my one and only Abel.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by SirDelvin: 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
So interesting!!! Can't wait for the next Chapter
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Uniqueteco(m): 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
God bless the writer, please drop the rest of the updates cos we're tired of waiting.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 9:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
THE OTHER SIDE
CHAPTER 21

Day 20

"Come on Jack we can fix this. Now we need to continue, it's past 1am already"
Favour stated bluntly and brought Jack to sit. He relied on her words, she is a ghost anyway, and when she says she would fix it, she actually means it.
He took the seat, quite ready for another voodoo trip, but halfway he made her pause and asked...there was something he wasn't quite satisfied with.
"Emm, Favour? If you help me remember, would you see my past too?"
She nodded in affirmation, trying to fathom why he asked.
"Emm, sorry but can Julie perform the voodoo stuff? I'm sorry if it would..."
Favour was not ready to hear anything else.
"Alright Julie come over here"
Julie obliged and placed both her hands on both sides of his head as instructed.
"Close your eyes"
She did and was waiting for the next instruction for more than five minutes. She had to take a peek when nothing was said.
"Why are you opening your eyes?"
Favour's freakish question was absurd.
"Emm, I'm waiting for an instruction"
Jack opened his eyes now.
"There is no other instruction, it's an instant connection, you've not connected with his mind"
Julie released her hands on Jack's head to question.
"And how do I do that?"

"You will all fail you bastards!"
It was Siera, and for a moment there they had actually forgotten they had her tied down.
"Will you please shut up?"
Julie was trying to understand what Favour had to pass across, and Siera was not an option now.
"Julie kiss him"
Favour was a bit astonished when Jack allowed a smile on his cornered lips.
Julie acted surprised at her request.
"Emm, it seems you both have been doing lots of the kiss thing huh?"
Favour questioned and urged Julie to go on with her finger signals.
She brought Jack on his feet, a little shy with Favour's presence but it was nothing she couldn't bypass. Slowly she reached for his lips and sent a whole new wave of energy down him that he shuddered and dropped to the torn cushion.
They were locked on and his mind was open.
The accident, the secret, the pain, the love; he remembered them all...
She held him tight and felt she was draining his life source, the passion she felt countered her reservations.
"Julie? Julie! He is bleeding! Let him go!"
Jack remembered it all, it wasn't bad news until he came understand one fact.
Favour forced Julie to released him, his eyes were stone red. He gasped for air and Julie realised what she had put him through.
"Oh my God...I'm so sorry Jack"
She ran to him and placed his head on her thigh.
"I'm so sorry"
He was going to say something, perhaps he was going to scold her, and probably call her pure evil; instead he raised his weak hand and pointed at Siera's direction, and with a weak tone he questioned.
"Wait.. That Devil is my cousin?"

visit http://www.Abfictionstories.com to read my recent story *Love is a game*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
Abelosas222:
THE OTHER SIDE
CHAPTER 21

Day 20

"Come on Jack we can fix this. Now we need to continue, it's past 1am already"
Favour stated bluntly and brought Jack to sit. He relied on her words, she is a ghost anyway, and when she says she would fix it, she actually means it.
He took the seat, quite ready for another voodoo trip, but halfway he made her pause and asked...there was something he wasn't quite satisfied with.
"Emm, Favour? If you help me remember, would you see my past too?"
She nodded in affirmation, trying to fathom why he asked.
"Emm, sorry but can Julie perform the voodoo stuff? I'm sorry if it would..."
Favour was not ready to hear anything else.
"Alright Julie come over here"
Julie obliged and placed both her hands on both sides of his head as instructed.
"Close your eyes"
She did and was waiting for the next instruction for more than five minutes. She had to take a peek when nothing was said.
"Why are you opening your eyes?"
Favour's freakish question was absurd.
"Emm, I'm waiting for an instruction"
Jack opened his eyes now.
"There is no other instruction, it's an instant connection, you've not connected with his mind"
Julie released her hands on Jack's head to question.
"And how do I do that?"

"You will all fail you bastards!"
It was Siera, and for a moment there they had actually forgotten they had her tied down.
"Will you please shut up?"
Julie was trying to understand what Favour had to pass across, and Siera was not an option now.
"Julie kiss him"
Favour was a bit astonished when Jack allowed a smile on his cornered lips.
Julie acted surprised at her request.
"Emm, it seems you both have been doing lots of the kiss thing huh?"
Favour questioned and urged Julie to go on with her finger signals.
She brought Jack on his feet, a little shy with Favour's presence but it was nothing she couldn't bypass. Slowly she reached for his lips and sent a whole new wave of energy down him that he shuddered and dropped to the torn cushion.
They were locked on and his mind was open.
The accident, the secret, the pain, the love; he remembered them all...
She held him tight and felt she was draining his life source, the passion she felt countered her reservations.
"Julie? Julie! He is bleeding! Let him go!"
Jack remembered it all, it wasn't bad news until he came understand one fact.
Favour forced Julie to released him, his eyes were stone red. He gasped for air and Julie realised what she had put him through.
"Oh my God...I'm so sorry Jack"
She ran to him and placed his head on her thigh.
"I'm so sorry"
He was going to say something, perhaps he was going to scold her, and probably call her pure evil; instead he raised his weak hand and pointed at Siera's direction, and with a weak tone he questioned.
"Wait.. That Devil is my cousin?"

visit http://www.Abfictionstories.com to read my recent story *Love is a game*

next episode please?
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by wizsolzy(m): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
i fit cry becus of all dis bum short update... but nevertheless thank u
but wait ooo.. whatsup wit all these people dat are quoting a whole update.. if i ask weda u have sense now world people wil say am bad
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
THE OTHER SIDE
CHAPTER 22

Day 21

It was the words that he muttered before he passed out. Frank regained consciousness an hour later, he waited till dawn after lots of persuasion from Julie, and took to his heels at first cock crow.
Julie was worried he would go about spewing what he had seen, but there was obviously nothing she could do about it, she had alot on her plate now; she had just nine days left to finally disappear from existence for good. Although she had convinced herself that it didn't matter, Saving Jack was of utmost priority... But right now, she couldn't help but feel scared; what was it like to be wiped off existence? Does it hurt?
"Jack, we have to get the original papers"
She muttered the moment he woke up. His vision was a little blur for a minute before he could visualize Julie.
"Julie, I am the sole owner of Prada designers"
She nodded in agreement.
"Yes you are..."
He was quiet, it was quite clear that he contemplated on something.
"But Julie, I feel my parents were murdered"

"I feel so too"
Jack was glad she felt the same way.
"The car had brake failure, it was perfect the night before...someone must have tangled with it"
She nodded again and sighed simultaneously.
"Yeah, I guess so"
It didn't take a soothsayer to explain that all was not well.
"Are you OK Julie?"
She wasn't, but she didn't want to bother him with it, he had alot on his plate now.
"Emm, I am...I just feel bad for putting you through...."

"Sssshhh"
He hushed her, placing a finger on her lips...
"I asked for it, it wasn't your fault...and if I had a chance to kiss you, trust me I would kiss you over and over again"
She scoffed in disbelief.
"You're crazy Jack"

"Yeah I am...I don't know if this is love but I am crazy about you...strange right? I'm actually saying this to a ghost"
He chuckled nervously.
She felt awkward, his eyes locked in hers were ridiculous. It didn't make sense, yeah she wanted this guy to fall for her, but now that he his actually having a positive approach towards her wish, she feels awkward about it. It didn't make sense, she felt he was acting the emotion because he knows he is supposed to fall for her.
"Jack, let's focus on getting your family's inheritance and on how to protect you from Siera, and the gate keeper...this can come afterwards"
He sensed her unbelief, he didn't fight through, he was pretty sure that he'll do more harm. So he simply smiled and chipped in.
"You see? You've put my needs before yours again, the more reason why I am crazy about you"
Somehow, she wasn't satisfied with just 'I am crazy about you'. She feigned a smile and made him stand up.
"Alright, it's Mr Tony adekunle right? The man your dad entrusted the documents to?"
He nodded in affirmation.
"You know how to reach him?"

"Yeah, I know his place...funny thing is, he didn't tell me anything about my inheritance, I don't know why"
He took to his wardrobe to change into something light.
"Well there is one way to find out"
Julie felt the need to teleport him there but she didn't know where so she had to follow.
"Where is Siera?"
Favour met Julie by the doorway...
"She is..."
Jack realised the rope used to tie her down was quite idle.
"She was just here...she was..."
Julie words got stuck... Favour's skin turning grey was good distraction.
"Favour? Favour what's...?"
It was clear now, the gate keeper appeared from behind them with her whip tied around Favour's neck...
"Finally, I got now"
Bernice muttered amidst smiles of satisfaction.
"No! Let her go!"
To late, within seconds favour dissolved to dust.

©onyeneke Abel .February 2018 all rights reserved

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Dessydemmy: 9:12am On Feb 06, 2018
Whoa!! that is so bad of this gatekeeper, she should focus on the gate and keep na angry angry. Julie need to ack fast so they can bond together and he wont have to leave again.

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by SirDelvin: 2:32am On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks for the Update!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) / Reading Habits You Shouldn’t Take Into The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.