Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th (39322 Views)

I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December / For Those Hypocrites That Said Jesus Wasn't Born On 25th December / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by adebaks(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
joncom:
Freeze or whatever you call yourself, you won't get an oscar or a grammy trying to paint Christians as bad...you never mentioned this to the muslims as they celebrated their numerous festivals. Or are you paid to paint the church black?
u do know he (papa freeze) wud most likely nt cee dis post of urz.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by joxhmaniac: 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
mrvitalis:

Joshua ( or as you call it Jesus ) was not given birth to in December that's a known fact
...Joshua?? and must u try to answer questions u knw nothing about??
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by hertz9te(m): 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
espn:
Quote a verse from the bible to buttress your point
bible verse for what? you're waiting for the Bible to tell you to celebrate the birthing of your saviour before you do?
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by makky555(f): 12:16am On Dec 22, 2017
princechurchill:
His opinion not my business

Too much sense
Too much brain
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by joeolu: 12:26am On Dec 22, 2017
History of Christmas customs 1. Celebrating Jesus’ birthday: “The early Christians did not celebrate [Jesus’] birth because they considered the celebration of anyone’s birth to be a pagan custom.”— The World Book Encyclopedia . 2. December 25: There is no proof that Jesus was born on that date. Church leaders likely chose this date to coincide with pagan festivals held on or around the winter solstice. 3. Gift-giving, feasting, partying: The Encyclopedia Americana says: “Saturnalia, a Roman feast celebrated in mid- December, provided the model for many of the merry-making customs of Christmas. From this celebration, for example, were derived the elaborate feasting, the giving of gifts, and the burning of candles.” The Encyclopædia Britannica notes that “all work and business were suspended” during Saturnalia. 4. Christmas lights: According to The Encyclopedia of Religion , Europeans decorated their homes “with lights and evergreens of all kinds” to celebrate the winter solstice and to combat evil spirits. 5. Mistletoe, holly: “The Druids ascribed magical properties to the mistletoe in particular. The evergreen holly was worshiped as a promise of the sun’s return.”— The Encyclopedia Americana. 6. Christmas tree: “Tree worship, common among the pagan Europeans, survived after their conversion to Christianity.” One of the ways in which tree worship survived is in the custom of “placing a Yule tree at an entrance or inside the house in the midwinter holidays.”— Encyclopædia Britannica.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by joeolu: 12:29am On Dec 22, 2017
While the Bible does not directly answer the question, ‘When was Jesus born?’ it does describe two events surrounding his birth that lead many to conclude that he was not born on December 25. Not in winter 1. The registration. Shortly before Jesus was born, Caesar Augustus issued a decree ordering “all the inhabited earth to be registered.” Everyone had to register in “his own city,” which might have required a journey of a week or more. ( Luke 2:1-3 ) That order—probably made to support taxation and military conscription—would have been unpopular at any time of year, but it is unlikely that Augustus would have provoked his subjects further by forcing many of them to make long trips during the cold winter. 2. The sheep. Shepherds were “living out of doors and keeping watches in the night over their flocks.” ( Luke 2:8 ) The book Daily Life in the Time of Jesus notes that flocks lived in the open air from “the week before the Passover [late March]” through mid-November. It then adds: “They passed the winter under cover; and from this alone it may be seen that the traditional date for Christmas, in the winter, is unlikely to be right, since the Gospel says that the shepherds were in the fields.” In early fall We can estimate when Jesus was born by counting backward from his death on Passover, Nisan 14 in the spring of the year 33 C.E. ( John 19:14-16 ) Jesus was about 30 years old when he began his three-and-a-half-year ministry, so he was born in the early fall of 2 B.C.E.— Luke 3:23 . Why is Christmas on December 25? Since there is no evidence that the birth of Jesus Christ occurred on December 25, why is Christmas celebrated on this date? The Encyclopædia Britannica says that church leaders probably chose it “to coincide with the pagan Roman festival marking the ‘birthday of the unconquered sun,’” at the time of the winter solstice. According to The Encyclopedia Americana, many scholars believe that this was done “in order to make Christianity more meaningful to pagan converts.”
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by mpowa(m): 2:07am On Dec 22, 2017
goodnewscliff:
d last time I checked,, jesus only asked us to celebrate his death and not his birth.......
And when you Celebrate His birth you've committed a Crime? We chose to Celebrate His Birth, it's part of Worship, or don't you see worship in your own bible? If we Celebrate the birth of Great men, who has graced this earth, How much more should we Celebrate the Greatest Of the Greats?!

Guys give us Space, we want to Celebrate, If You're not Celebrating, Keep Sober in Your House...All these funny questions as if it will change anything.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:07am On Dec 22, 2017
Didn't take long for Nigerians to take this as an assault on their religion.

Lemme break it down:

Daddy Freeze is saying you shouldn't kill yourself all in the name of celebrating Christmas. He is buttressing his point with the fact that December 25th is not even the date of Christ's birth so all these "I must kill goat", "I must kill fowl", "I must go to village and show off" are unnecessary. Celebrate within your means.

Merry Christmas and a happy new, sensible year in advance.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:09am On Dec 22, 2017
joncom:
Freeze or whatever you call yourself, you won't get an oscar or a grammy trying to paint Christians as bad...you never mentioned this to the muslims as they celebrated their numerous festivals. Or are you paid to paint the church black?

Freeze is a Christian by his admission, so the Muslims are not his business. He is being a sensible person by not poking his nose in places it absolutely doesn't concern him - unlike most Nigerians.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by mrvitalis(m): 3:17am On Dec 22, 2017
joxhmaniac:
...Joshua?? and must u try to answer questions u knw nothing about??

Lol you don't know his name was never Jesus but Joshua ?
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by olmoRoc: 4:57am On Dec 22, 2017
olihilistic:
Freeze my mannest man..
Tell em.
Xmas doesn't even correlate with the birth of Jesus.

Lots of people still do not know that. I just told my mom the exact same thing on the phone before seeing this post.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by patomberekpe(m): 6:41am On Dec 22, 2017
Romans 14-4 Says, Who are you to judge another man's servant.Vs 5 says one man esteemed one day above another ,another esteemed everyday alike,let every one be fully persuaded in his own mind,vs6 says he that regarded the day regardded it unto the Lord. please read down then you will understand why the whole tithe and christmass talks , we worship God on christmass not sun god,so let us follow things which brings peace and joy to one another ,
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by Uhomanbulus110(f): 7:24am On Dec 22, 2017
Wow is that true
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by joxhmaniac: 8:32am On Dec 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

Lol you don't know his name was never Jesus but Joshua ?
not until u show me
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by goodnewscliff(m): 8:36am On Dec 22, 2017
mpowa:

And when you Celebrate His birth you've committed a Crime? We chose to Celebrate His Birth, it's part of Worship, or don't you see worship in your own bible? If we Celebrate the birth of Great men, who has graced this earth, How much more should we Celebrate the Greatest Of the Greats?!

Guys give us Space, we want to Celebrate, If You're not Celebrating, Keep Sober in Your House...All these funny questions as if it will change anything.
message wey dem no send una!!!!!
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by mpowa(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2017
goodnewscliff:
message wey dem no send una!!!!!
Well who send you to celebrate your Birthday, or your Parents?

Some of you, no be say you care about wetin bible say, you no even follow bible to the letter daily, na over sabi they worry you.

Example; why are you using internet? Show me in the bible were it says you can use internet?

Everything is not written in Blue and Black in the bible, if it is, then we're still under the Law, but He has given us liberty by His spirit and we know what to do; And if the spirit say Celebrate His Birth, you can't stop us.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by goodnewscliff(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2017
mpowa:

Well who send you to celebrate your Birthday, or your Parents?

Some of you, no be say you care about wetin bible say, you no even follow bible to the letter daily, na over sabi they worry you.

Example; why are you using internet? Show me in the bible were it says you can use internet?

Everything is not written in Blue and Black in the bible, if it is, then we're still in the Law, but He has given us liberty by His spirit and we know what to do; And if the spirit say Celebrate His Birth, you can't stop us.
now lets go hardcore,, weekend dumbass
if u read ur bible clearly, u would get to see dat birthdays were inly celebrated by pagan worshippers nd not a Christian belief....rulers herod nd pharoah for ur reminders held pagan worship high.... jesus knew very crystal clear dat it is a pagan belief nd it is not to be commemorated.... even his apostles nd disciples after jesus death didn't celebrate his birthday ,,none of them celebrated.... it's a pagan custom,, so y shud dy celebrate birthdays..... d questions u re suppose to b asking is wat is d origin of birthdays since Jesus Christ or his apostles didn't celebrate Jesus birthdays or theirs,, is it right to do so think and research before bluffing shits
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by endowed96: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2017
christ was not born on he 25th of December but its a day we celebrate the birth of christ....... grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by mpowa(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2017
goodnewscliff:
if u read ur bible clearly, u would get to see dat birthdays were inly celebrated by pagan worshippers nd not a Christian belief....rulers herod nd pharoah for ur reminders held pagan worship high.... jesus knew very crystal clear dat it is a pagan belief nd it is not to be commemorated.... even his apostles nd disciples after jesus death didn't celebrate his birthday ,,none of them celebrated.... it's a pagan custom,, so y shud dy celebrate birthdays..... d questions u re suppose to b asking is wat is d origin of birthdays since Jesus Christ or his apostles didn't celebrate Jesus birthdays or theirs,, is it right to do so think and research before bluffing shits

First and foremost, it's stupid of you to use this statement, I don't discuss with people who do. You don't prove your superiority in an argument by calling people demeaning names, you should be more intelligent than that, given that you want to show us you're knowledgeable.

Now to the Issue; Let me explain to you the meaning of the Spirit of Liberty and why the Old testament is different from the new.

Romans 14: 5 - 6;
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Old testament is the laws and commands that must be followed to the letter; In the new testament, God has given us the spirit of liberty, not liberty to sin, but liberty from the law. Customs and Traditions are not very important in the new testament, Pleasing God is.

vs 5; One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

What you call a day is what it is to you, you're free...In the old testament, the Sabbath was a specific day and it's Sacred, in the new testament, everyday can be Sabbath if you want.

If I choose to Celebrate Christmas, that day is special to me, if you choose not to, it's nothing to you.

Each persons should be convinced in what he's doing is what the bible says.

vs6; Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

We're Free to choose;

Now A shocker from this verse 6; You can eat meat Sacrificed to a Pagan Idol
So those of you who are still complaining about Pagan days, your mind can't handle this. If you take the meat and give thanks to the Lord, it's already acceptable and you can eat.

GOD OWNS ALL DAYS, HE OWNS ALL FOODS AND YOU CAN RECLAIM THEM FOR HIM.

Roman 14: 14;
I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. . But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean

Romas 14:23b;

...and everything that does not come from faith is sin

The faith you have in a day is what you do with that day, the origin or the history of that day doesn't matter, all days belong to God.

If you want to Celebrate Christmas Celebrate, if you don't have faith in that day, leave it to those who do..

Thank you for forcing me to do a long sermon this morning.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by ndidibabe(f): 10:38am On Dec 22, 2017
momonny:
even in that bible verse no where did they say we should not celebrate the birth of a child there are countless bible verse that celebrate the birth of a child so stop misleading others
Whatever rocks your boat. For me, I will just take Xmas for what it is. A worldly funfare. No spiritual background whatsoever. Just a time to merry and of course I enjoy the merriment.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by Jeffy1206(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2017
Yeligray:
i wrote Na_ked but it changed to unclad.
typical nairaland grammar... grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by goodnewscliff(m): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
mpowa:

First and foremost, it's stupid of you to use this statement, I don't discuss with people who do. You don't prove your superiority in an argument by calling people demeaning names, you should be more intelligent than that, given that you want to show us you're knowledgeable.

Now to the Issue; Let me explain to you the meaning of the Spirit of Liberty and why the Old testament is different from the new.

Romans 14: 5 - 6;
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Old testament is the laws and commands that must be followed to the letter; In the new testament, God has given us the spirit of liberty, not liberty to sin, but liberty from the law. Customs and Traditions are not very important in the new testament, Pleasing God is.

vs 5; One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

What you call a day is what it is to you, you're free...In the old testament, the Sabbath was a specific day and it's Sacred, in the new testament, everyday can be Sabbath if you want.

If I choose to Celebrate Christmas, that day is special to me, if you choose not to, it's nothing to you.

Each persons should be convinced in what he's doing is what the bible says.

vs6; Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

We're Free to choose;

Now A shocker from this verse 6; You can eat meat Sacrificed to a Pagan Idol
So those of you who are still complaining about Pagan days, your mind can't handle this. If you take the meat and give thanks to the Lord, it's already acceptable and you can eat.

GOD OWNS ALL DAYS, HE OWNS ALL FOODS AND YOU CAN RECLAIM THEM FOR HIM.

Roman 14: 14;
I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. . But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean

Romas 14:23b;

...and everything that does not come from faith is sin

The faith you have in a day is what you do with that day, the origin or the history of that day doesn't matter, all days belong to God.

If you want to Celebrate Christmas Celebrate, if you don't have faith in that day, leave it to those who do..

Thank you for forcing me to do a long sermon this morning.

if u readed carefully,, i brought out summarized points........not some boring written sermon....i only typed these thought provoking questions which am repeating since u re better writer than a careful reader......birthdays were not celebrated by early christains... only pagans....!!! its in ur bible......y den is it celebrated today?? wats d origin of birthdays?? how nd y re christains today celebrating birthdays?? ...i jst hope u undastand dat birthdays aint a biblical doctrine...... were re suppose to follow Christ footsteps closely,, not some false doctrine in d name of christ birthday which isnt correct ...even though its widely spread,, people re coming to see d fact..... dats all
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by mpowa(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
goodnewscliff:
if u readed carefully,, i brought out summarized points........not some boring written sermon....i only typed these thought provoking questions which am repeating since u re better writer than a careful reader......birthdays were not celebrated by early christains... only pagans....!!! its in ur bible......y den is it celebrated today?? wats d origin of birthdays?? how nd y re christains today celebrating birthdays?? ...i jst hope u undastand dat birthdays aint a biblical doctrine...... were re suppose to follow Christ footsteps closely,, not some false doctrine in d name of christ birthday which isnt correct ...even though its widely spread,, people re coming to see d fact..... dats all
If you don't understand my explanations, it's because we're not under the same paradigm hence it's a waste of precious time for both us. I'll state it again for the last time maybe it will sink in this time; As new testament believers, we don't follow customs and traditions, neither do we care about the, the origin of such, and they don't constitute as false doctrine because they don't affect your Christian life, when I choose to celebrate a day, I'm not doing it for any Pagan God, I'm doing it for myself and the reason why I'm doing it is what God will count for or against me... The just shall live by his faith
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by BABARAINBOW7(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
deebrain:
Every knowledgeable christian knows that. It was not december 25th

And the craze for celebrating christmas extremely is really out of ignorance or for the fact that it falls in the end of year/begining of a new year. AND IT IS NOT LIMITED TO CHRISTIAN FOLK!

Jesus is worth celebrating-with yourself and others (never forget a needy person)

He can keep ranting, like a coward on social media.

Shut your smelling mouth
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by goodnewscliff(m): 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
mpowa:

If you don't understand my explanations, it's because we're not under the same paradigm hence it's a waste of precious time for both us. I'll state it again for the last time maybe it will sink in this time; As new testament believers, we don't follow customs and traditions, neither do we care about the, the origin of such, and they don't constitute as false doctrine because they don't affect your Christian life, when I choose to celebrate a day, I'm not doing it for any Pagan God, I'm doing it for myself and the reason why I'm doing it is what God will count for or against me... The just shall live by his faith
like u now choose wat to do with ur life.... nd anything we do,, decisions we make,, doesn't link to our spirituality wat u say nd do,, decisions u make,, wat u celebrate must tally with ur xtain belief..... u can't jst do wat u wanna do if it aint moderate like smoking.... it wasnt written in da bible to smoke or not.... but smoking is a sin with thorough scriptureral reasoning!!! so is it with birthday celebration
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by deebrain(m): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
BABARAINBOW7:

Shut your smelling mouth
You are stupid and crazy.
Re: Daddy Freeze Christmas Message - Christ Wasn't Born In Your Village Or On 25th by ogbiwa: 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
Not all Christians want to celebrate Christ's birthday on earth...
Some say, it's not specific in the Bible, and they may be right...
But I do celebrate Christ's Birthday, we have chosen 25th December to do that... The Church has spoken... And whatsoever we agree on earth, shall be established in heaven...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS...
Let Your Birth bring fresh Peace, Love, Joy and Salvation to the World...
Amen...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

David, Sam Adeyemi Son Graduates From Emory University (Photo) / Rev Fr. Mbaka Arrives At St Andrew’s Abbey, Monastery, Los Angeles (Pix, Video) / I Dont Know How To Make My Egbe Grant Me Supernatural Favors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.