Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (45452 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / Being A Father At 22 (my Story) / A Beautiful Sex Worker Highlights Her Achievements At 22 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:24am On Dec 26, 2017
Arijude:
I'm 26 and I have never had any girlfriend and it doesn't bother me. So, relax bro.
relationship killed my dream, when I was 26 I have had up to 3 and a father at 27
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by makky555(f): 5:23am On Dec 26, 2017
Ikmontana1:
ok den..cud u tell me ur Facebook acct name..?

This is a public platform sad
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by IndianRomeo: 5:40am On Dec 26, 2017
Guy, don't worry about relationship now , because it comes with a lot of head aches , besides is not an achievement. I know a lot of people that are above 28yrs now without any girlfriend, and they're doing fine. . You will not value the peace of mind you are enjoying now until you enter into relationship with them, then you will have your own share of BITTER TASTES OF LOVE.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Dreydoe(m): 6:38am On Dec 26, 2017
OP

Am 25yrs....I have never ever had a real gf in d sense of it... Done with service and all... Still no gf

Its even startn to become a bother cus dere are tyms in life you will need emotional love DAT family/ friends can't give you.

Its a bucky road ...so buckle up
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Dreydoe(m): 6:44am On Dec 26, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
life of an introvert. I was once in your shoes.
so how d u get out there?

4rm ur fellow introvertbro
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ranchhoddas: 6:50am On Dec 26, 2017
Malakh:

one thing must know is this none of us is alone we are all assigned with a partner from heaven or from hell beneath
This is a lie.
If it were true, the number of men and women in the world will be equal.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Malakh: 6:54am On Dec 26, 2017
what r u even talking about, u dont even make any sense
Ranchhoddas:
This is a lie.
If it were true, the number of men and women in the world will be equal.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ranchhoddas: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Malakh:
what r u even talking about, u dont even make any sense
Okay.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by binbbaz(m): 6:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Dear brother, I know what you are going through at the moment and I understand you may not like the fact that you are empty.

Emptiness is normal, in fact, people who party and have a lot of girlfriends still feel empty sometimes. The emptiness is neither a result of you being alone nor absence of a girlfriend in your life.

You are doing the right thing by not having a girlfriend for now. You know your goals and your ambitions and you know what it takes. If you really want to go far in life, leave aside the ministry of women affairs for now but if you think you are ready for marriage, then you can go ahead. The fact is, women will use you and dump you especially if you are brilliant. Love is never enough, you have to have something too.

I don't know you, but I think you will be a good student and loyal. I have been in different serious relationships and I know what I went through even from friends of my lovers, I was loyal, committed, I spent and sacrificed. I was so discreet enough to keep the relationships but those girls were never patient, once somebody who is better comes, they give you excuse and take a walk.

Therefore, you are doing the right thing. This stage of your life is meant to work for what you really want to become, strive hard and pay no mind to the number of girlfriends your friends have. I bet you when you "blow", girls will surround you like bees and you can choose and pick.

I know what I'm talking about, be patient, there is time for everything. Do not wake love before its time.

Please be patient, a time is coming when you can have more women and have a lot of sex with your wife. It's just a matter of time. If only you know the bitterness of jilt or someone dumping you, you would never bring this topic let alone complaining of being empty

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Kay25(m): 7:11am On Dec 26, 2017
Abeg bro whatever u r doing now face it first and achieve success girls will be running after u nii if u ve one now and things no go do well she go break ur heart but u just achieve dem go suound u even if u can woo one
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by MVLOX(m): 7:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Nothing is wrong with you guy. U re totally on the right path. The truth is that everything in life has its specified time even the bible acknowledges that. But the problem with most of us is that we want to do everything at once. While some people can joggle all dis things at once others can't. I will suggest u focus on the most important things right nw.

Let me tell u a short story. I come from a family were marital issues is a norm infact if my family were to be physics then marital problem is a constant K. Its so bad some persons within and outside the family think or feel like its a generational curse. This was a also a major issue in my immediate family. It was so bad my Dad once told me as kid that I should beware of females. Those words will go on to sharp my life as I more than adhered to them. Today I guess am the better for it. I started dating in my very late 20s, which is currently my first and only relationship. Marriage bells re on the horizon as we speak, to my best friend of over 15 years and yes I feel like am going to break free from the 'norm'. All these while I had and still have friends who saw me and called me mugu for my stands as far as women and relationships re concerned. These same people have had serious relationship issues which have hurt them badly. In some cases its even the mugu that they turn to for advise and help.

The point is this my guy, you are still young and have enough time ahead of you. For the now make good friends, read books like Young people ask Answers that work, Everywoman and any other books u can lay your hands on, know yourself, get to know and read about the female folks in fact acquire knowledge. As u do this you will be surprise how life will turn out for you. And yes I guarantee that you will write a better story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by injurybaba(m): 7:32am On Dec 26, 2017
Kai Guy i wish am like you when I was 22!!
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by WENGERNOMICS(m): 8:47am On Dec 26, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no body.

Constructive suggestions please

Guy.......take this advice very seriously. My Pastor gave it to me when i was 15. There is absolutely no need to get involved with any woman on intimate/girlfriend/dating levels until you are ready to get married within the next 1 -2 years. I am married now and that was one of the best advice i had ever received. Marriage/ or a woman wont solve your loneliness. You need to be completely comfortable with yourself. Focus on your goals and drive at them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It does not mean you cannot hangout with good friends and do fun stuff. But be careful who you call a friend. In the next 10 years, you will understand what i am talking about. But consider my advice. You can have good female friends with nothing attached until you are ready to really settle down. Another thing, if you can, try not to share your body with anyone except your wife. Anybody you sleep with never ever leaves your life. Its a spiritual act and spiritual things cannot be wiped off by just a hot bath. These are things i cant fully explain but you dont have a spare life. Many things people call fun these days are just a total waste of time. Finally, find a mentor. Someone who has gone ahead of you and has more experience than you.

Cheers boss

4 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ikmontana1: 9:21am On Dec 26, 2017
makky555:

This is a public platform sad
ma numba 08087846358... send ur facebuk acct name to me thru text msg..
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Kingsley10000: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2017
OP NA VASELINE CREW MEMBER...BETA START WOOING GIRLS
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Revolva(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2017
hahaha 22 years de worry instead of make e go de think of tommorrow he de worry bout stewpid naija babes wey get noting to offer.....mer man just bang bitches n leave dem make more money
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by harriet412(f): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2017
Geofavor:

gringringrin

Hey, I saw it before you wiped it off. You did right, though. The comment gave off a wrong impression of you, I suppose. smiley

Yeah, it did, shouldn't have typed such
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2017
Arijude:
I'm 26 and I have never had any girlfriend and it doesn't bother me. So, relax bro.
faqqot, certified certified!
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Geofavor(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2017
harriet412:

Hope your PM isn't about to explode? 'cause I trust nairalanders.
BTW, You have a lovely smile.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by hamxee33(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2017
[img][/img]
DanseMacabre:
What is problematic is you thinking whether having or not having a girlfriend at 22 is problematic.

My own problem is that I'm not a millionaire yet. Common millionaire fa. angry

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Cityguy: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2017
No biggie here bro. Chill and remain focused. Yours truly had his first at 27 and world didn't collapse. Don't make what should come last first. Set your priorities right, you are on track.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by BraidedChannel: 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
Mariangeles:
Emotional responsibility is very demanding, girls are very demanding, sometimes you'd want to be alone but can't because you're not yours alone anymore, you're committed to someone, you'll have to make long calls at least once everyday... but if you think you're ready, you can start dating but nothing serious because feelings can be very addictive, before you know it, you can't do without her or she can't do without you...before you know it, you realize you're not as productive as you used to be.
This is the truth mate!
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by barallanee(f): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
Tot am d only 1 o...God help
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Arijude(m): 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
jamariwolf:
faqqot, certified certified!
I don't care about what people think or say I am. You think it's not possible? It's very possible my dear.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by nell07(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
Dear OP.
I truly wish you'd listen to a lot of the good pieces of advice you've been offered on this thread.

There's been a grossly oversold idea that men's happiness somehow revolve around women and sex and all that nonsense. Even women have been made to believe this same ridiculous lie, because the ones who seem to live their lives for the sake of women and sex won't just shut up about it and so you hear it on TV, music, movies, it's on social media... guys needlessly glorifying sex and all. So this could make you think there's something wrong with you because you're not driven by your hormones to act like the "typical" man.

There are A LOT of men who are more fulfilled doing so many other things with their lives than concerning themselves with getting and keeping women in their lives, but these people are so busy making an actual life that you rarely hear from them, so you assume they do not exist.

There's nothing wrong with you Oga. Simply do whatever gives you fulfilment. There's no standard template to follow in this life. Simply do what works for you, provided others do not get hurt in the process. There's no rule to manhood.
If you want a woman, go out and get one. If you don't, it doesn't mean there's something wrong with you

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
barallanee:
But why na? embarassed

Are you an introvert? (you look like one, from your photo)
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Caseless: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2017
DanseMacabre:
What is problematic is you thinking whether having or not having a girlfriend at 22 is problematic.

My own problem is that I'm not a millionaire yet. Common millionaire fa. angry
grin grin una too get mouth for here.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Caseless: 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
barallanee:
even you? Na lie jare.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by banre(m): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
op how is this a problem....women are the most deadly of all ill vices in this life. what if u get a girlfriend today and die tomorrow
no worry yourself joor. but if u really need a GF u can try your luck on NL. @ your own risk o.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by richnigga(m): 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no body.

Constructive suggestions please
your story is same with mine, I never had time for girls throughout my teenage days down to my undergraduate days. I had my first girlfriend at the age of 23 when I was doing my NYSC

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Vibesking(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
harriet412:

what exactly did you type? #just curious

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Like Getting Their Ears Kissed? / Im In Love With My Step- Brother: What Should I Do? / How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.