Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (45459 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / Being A Father At 22 (my Story) / A Beautiful Sex Worker Highlights Her Achievements At 22 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Globallords(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Chai! We gather dey ni o, but i didnt count it as anything sha

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Equiano: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
You better stay unblemished and never cower to peer pressure into something immoral and sinful. Remain same
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by boliswitpassprik(m): 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Bro, you are on the right track. You can always get women in your life, provided you have the potentials to make a good boyfriend/husband. You have a long way to go so I won't want you to bother your mind with women affairs. Focus on your grade and studies if you are still in school.

You can start by making a female friend in your church/ class. See how it turns out.

Advices like these turn men gay!

Op run for your life shocked

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Globallords(m): 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=SIaye post=63552959][/quote]
Chai, lwkmd
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by GindoX(m): 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
tOtO don dey hungry dis 1
Seriously! b:4A68A2BD

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ezumakingsley(m): 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bro it is not a problem,i will be 22 next april without being in a relationship since i was born.am enjoying my single life and i don't want to miss it.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by xynerise: 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
No, there is nothing wrong with you
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Gerrard59(m): 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no body.

Constructive suggestions please

Well, there's nothing wrong with you. We're almost the same in behaviour (although I'm not as religious as you might be), difference being that I'm close to girls (the department I finished from has a high preponderance of females).

What should I do? You ask.

- Focus on what you desire to do/be. Focus is key - most girls responsible or not prefer lads who are focused. Truth is: Depending on the individual, being unnecessarily too close to the opposite sex can derail a man's dream and aspirations. Others are peer groups' influence, cultism etc.

- Be free and close to lasses, good, bad and ugly. You learn a lot from that association. You must not date any before you have a close relationship with them. They are the opposite sex and whether you like it or not, you will come across females.

- I don't know how religious you are, but if it involves prudishness or excessive pious-ness. I'd advise you reduce it to an acceptable level. Yes, you'd not want lose your morals, but it should not come across as being anti-opposite sex.

Finally, there's nothing, absolutely, wrong with not being in a relationship at your age. Relationships are time, energy, financially, physically, emotionally and mentally consuming. Unless you are ready in the -llay, then there's no point being in one. Mine was even worse, I was accused of being gay. Today, same ladies are mystified how I mingle with them. However, I don't date any. Ladies in your age range are looking at being married, while gents are looking at bettering their lives.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

You just realized that emptiness ryt? It's not late. Go out there and get close to a lady and who knows it might end in a relationship. Go get your groove on.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Butoneday2(m): 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
You are still a teenager for now u don't need it just focus on ur future first?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by wese90(m): 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
BlessMySoul:
Sorry about that but you have to step up your game.

Meanwhile adninisher, you said the below in anothet thread and some hopeless Nigerians were liking it.

My response to you is this;

You worthless Vulture and Rabid dog.

May this curse you sent out to Igbo people return to you and your worthless tribe be you from the North or South.

Your immediate whole family will never know peace.

Before the the year runs out, 3 of your family members will die by terrible accident.

May the thunder of the holy ghost destroy and light up your family house.

May the curse of Ichabod and Jabez never depart from your life and your children both born and unborn and may it remain so till eternity.

The earth will reject you from this day forth.

Go to hell with your Nigerian presidency. All we Igbos want is our freedom which God will give us soon.

I place a curse on your whole family.

Poverty and Death is yours in Jesus name Amen.

No rich man will ever come out of your kindred

By next year, people will be dying like ram in your kindred through accident.

May burial be the daily portion of your whole tribe and state.

May an incurable disease hit your anus and the anus of your whole family that you people will eat this Christmas and never use toilet for the next 7 months.

May your whole family start decaying while alive that anybody they pass will put handkerchief to he nose.

For cursing Igbo people, may erosion and earthquake wipe out your whole village and state with no survivor

The united Nations will soon declare your village and community an IDP.

Any Mod that deletes my comment or bans me while allowing the comment of this iddiot will take the same curse as this worthless bastard.

If you dont die within a year, then God is not with Igbo people. You will and must die.

No Pastor, Bishop, Prophet, Pope, Priest, Native Doctor or Babalawo can unlock the curse on you today.

As For Ndigbo, the Love and Favour of God shall always remain with us. No matter the type of media war and physical attacula the likes of these ones push to us, we shall always defeat them. Igbos will always remain the number one tribe in Africa. Our sons and daughters shall always go and come back in peace. Since God is with us, it shall never FINISH WITH US. Our help is from God and Zion. No Bastarrd born of a han being can eliminate us. As far as Nigeria is hostile to Igbos, Nigeria will never know peace.

Ojiofor ga ana. Ndigbo mma mma nu.

Same goes to other Igbo haters on this forum. 2018 will be hell on earth for you folks if you don't repent from Igbo hatred. Buhari's worthless government is a testimony of what hate can breed. You hate on us, God makes you look stupid even to your own children.

mehn

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
No you don't have a problem.

I didn't have girlfriends or even have sex till I got married. I can assure you, it's really helping me as a husband and father cause I don't hangout, drink or chase skirts. When I'm not working, I'm with my wife and kids.

If you have something you do that takes your time and energy (in my case, it was music, I'm a multi-instrumentist) that can explain it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by olasco18(m): 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
ur own better self...na jst 22 me na 24 bt i dnt care...cuz nw adays ladies wit their wahala...they will jst spoil u disvirgin u nd go...so itz better to wait till wen u ar ready to get married...

4 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Sike(m): 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nothing's wrong with the OP. He's just been myopic

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by harriet412(f): 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by verygudbadguy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
boliswitpassprik:

Advices like these turn men gay!

Op run for your life shocked
Lol
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
at poster, I thought I was the only one that way. but at my 23, I know its normal.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Kai! U fit talk dis thing wey u talk now fory face??

Wetin dey your face wey go fear am?

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Cannonleo(m): 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

we are basically the same in a way, mine is I have tried consistently to get a girl but it just hasn't worked out for years for me, I get so close yet am so far , never been laid in years yet am a bit sociable just too firm and very serious( a bookworm during schooll day), I had a lovely heart that was taken for granted by the ladies and consistently toyed with now I have no emotions again

I have given up on that and just decided to live life, if the girls come fine, if they don't fine
they will always be distractions although loneliness does kill me a lot of times

Lots of people say I behave like a military officer

3 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Enmas078(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
similar case happened to dis Xmas fowl, but anyway I thank God for it life...the fowl died a virgin
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by GindoX(m): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
Girlfriend? Hmmm. Just say Bleep dey hungry u. Shikina!
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Jodha(f): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
It's not a problem...
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Cannonleo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
DonOms:
I like that you have learned one of the greatest lessons in life: "Hardwork doesn't always guarantee success" as Solomon inferred in the book of Ecclesiastes.

Now, the feeling of emptiness can as well be felt by people in relationships. It goes without saying that the feeling of emptiness has more to do with the self than it has to do with a union or group.

You have done well so far, trust me and you shouldn't have any regrets. What you should however focus on now is to make your hardwork and dedication count. It isn't automatic, but hardwork pays in the long run if you remain steadfast and apply good wisdom.

Think about where you want to be in 5-10 years and begin to do everything legally possible to get there. Plans and reality aren't the same. Expectations get dashed and life throws us curve balls. Do we sit in anguish and give up? Damn No! In the words of Walt Disney, "we don't look backwards for very long, but we keep moving forward." Just keep moving.

Whether you get a girlfriend now or not, it doesn't actually matter. You're neither too old nor too young for it. It's a choice but make sure you're not attempting to build your happiness around a relationship. Be happy and fulfiled by yourself first before uniting with another.

Get good people (male and female) with whom you share similar values and keep them as friends, feel happy no matter the situation since true happiness roots in the heart and not in any material thing or some girlfriend. In the end, if you have done your best and followed the right path, and when God and the entire universe have smiled upon you, you will forget the feelings of emptiness you feel today and remember not the former things.

Don't give up 2 inches away from your goldmine! Dig deeper, press harder.
A thousand gunshots for you
word

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by GindoX(m): 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Enmas078:
similar case happened to dis Xmas fowl, but anyway I thank God for it life...the fowl died a virgin

Are u serious?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ezumakingsley(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
Please bro you are under temtation,am a young man without woman in my life please your thought is responsible for all your daily experience.forget about being lonely and hold unto your initial decision of getting a lady when you want to marry. Conquer this temtation and you will be glad at last.

Vibesking:

Please bro you are under temtation,am a young man without woman in my life please your thought is responsible for all your daily experience.forget about being lonely and hold unto your initial decision of getting a lady when you want to marry. Conquer this temtation and you will be glad at last.

Vibesking:

Vibesking:

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
Dont put yourself under a needless yoke. There is no obligation to be in a relationship. Dont do it because everyone else does.

Instead it can save you some money and stress kwanu, with those nigerian slay queens jorrr grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Jodha(f): 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
TrillionBrains:
Seriously me too. I don't even like sex. Imagine chooking your flesh against someone else. Mtchewwww [url=trillionclues] TRILLIONCLUES [/url]

Oga to tell yhu the truth...this yhur lie really weak me...

2 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Iscoalarcon: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
at 23 I have never even think of having a girlfriend in my entire life not that I I dont want but I I think it is not the right time for me now
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by millionboi2: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:
Read my post mongrel.. Sex isn't my priority.!
fuk don dey hungry dis one

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Malakh: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
vibesking send me an email, i'll give you some counselling, there's a void you need to fill,I'm a single guy myself but women, and the ways of the world doesn't do it for me either but I do play video games, but I must say I'm very fulfilled in being alone not lonely,whenever i'm feeling funny i know how to make myself feel better and it ain't gat to do with the flesh.
one thing must know is this none of us is alone we are all assigned with a partner from heaven or from hell beneath

2 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

I'm 25 and never had a GF. Your hormones will push you to experiment but I recommend you have good female friends, spot the one u are most adapted to and if you feel you are capable financially, career wise and other wise, ask her out. Be patient, many guys destroy their dreams when they get tied in marriage. IF YOU FAIL TO BUILD A BEDROCK when single, YOU MAY NEVER HAVE A SECOND CHANCE WHEN MARRIED.

5 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by millionboi2: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
TrillionBrains:
Seriously me too. I don't even like sex. Imagine chooking your flesh against someone else. Mtchewwww [url=trillionclues] TRILLIONCLUES [/url]
Rapist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 types of Ladies Who Are Only Relevant In The living room and The Other Room. / Why Do Guys Like Getting Their Ears Kissed? / Im In Love With My Step- Brother: What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.