Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (45451 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / Being A Father At 22 (my Story) / A Beautiful Sex Worker Highlights Her Achievements At 22 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Enmas078(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
GindoX:

Are u serious?

I wish u were there...it died and buried inside soup....back to the main issue, please i don't HV any word for you, but the person below me will hv something to say
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by PHIPEX(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Had my first girlfriend at 28 got married at 31 and lives happily ever after. You should rather be happy that you have all the free time you need to make yourself a success.

Make good friends of both sexes, focus on your studies, make your self a success. You should rather bother yourself on how to be a millionaire at 30.

3 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by waldigit: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no body.

Constructive suggestions please

Relax son, my first girl friend is now my wife and that was at above thirty. May be you are special vessel for God. Shalom.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by IMASTEX: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
DanseMacabre:
What is problematic is you thinking whether having or not having a girlfriend at 22 is problematic.

My own problem is that I'm not a millionaire yet. Common millionaire fa. angry
The guy is still feeding under parent that is why his problem is not having girlfriend at 22. Instead of what you stated.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by tyrant111: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
t
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by OlujobaSamuel: 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
sincerely, the only prob you have is thinking having or not having an intimate partner is a problem at this stage.
Just positon yourself and be prepared, when the time is right and the lady is right, you wont have a reason to ask the question again. Having a relationship is human nature not human logic.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by MizMyColi(f): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
LoJ:
Dont put yourself under a needless yoke. There is no obligation to be in a relationship. Dont do it because everyone else does.

Instead it can save you some money and stress kwanu, with those nigerian slay queens jorrr grin

cheesy

*rolls eyes*
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by ehissi(m): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no body.

Constructive suggestions please

No biggie. Had my first bae at 29. After a 10year toasting run. Now, you need a chain saw the size of the CBN headquarters building in Abuja to tear us apart...
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Richardabbey(m): 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
Toto Wey U Dey Find , Me I Don Do Like 56 In My Short Fucking Career ,
Ur Life Don Finish Patapata angry
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
BlessMySoul:
Sorry about that but you have to step up your game.

Meanwhile adninisher, you said the below in another thread and some hopeless Nigerians were liking it.

My response to you is this;

You worthless Vulture and Rabid dog.

May this curse you sent out to Igbo people return to you and your worthless tribe be you from the North or South.

Your immediate whole family will never know peace.

Before the the year runs out, 3 of your family members will die by terrible accident.

May the thunder of the holy ghost destroy and light up your family house.

May the curse of Ichabod and Jabez never depart from your life and your children both born and unborn and may it remain so till eternity.

The earth will reject you from this day forth.

Go to hell with your Nigerian presidency. All we Igbos want is our freedom which God will give us soon.

I place a curse on your whole family.

Poverty and Death is yours in Jesus name Amen.

No rich man will ever come out of your kindred

By next year, people will be dying like ram in your kindred through accident.

May burial be the daily portion of your whole tribe and state.

May an incurable disease hit your anus and the anus of your whole family that you people will eat this Christmas and never use toilet for the next 7 months.

May your whole family start decaying while alive that anybody they pass will put handkerchief to he nose.

For cursing Igbo people, may erosion and earthquake wipe out your whole village and state with no survivor

The united Nations will soon declare your village and community an IDP.

Any Mod that deletes my comment or bans me while allowing the comment of this iddiot will take the same curse as this worthless bastard.

If you dont die within a year, then God is not with Igbo people. You will and must die.

No Pastor, Bishop, Prophet, Pope, Priest, Native Doctor or Babalawo can unlock the curse on you today.

As For Ndigbo, the Love and Favour of God shall always remain with us. No matter the type of media war and physical attacula the likes of these ones push to us, we shall always defeat them. Igbos will always remain the number one tribe in Africa. Our sons and daughters shall always go and come back in peace. Since God is with us, it shall never FINISH WITH US. Our help is from God and Zion. No Bastarrd born of a man being can eliminate us. As far as Nigeria is hostile to Igbos, Nigeria will never know peace.

Ojiofor ga ana. Ndigbo mma mma nu.

Same goes to other Igbo haters on this forum. 2018 will be hell on earth for you folks if you don't repent from Igbo hatred. Buhari's worthless government is a testimony of what hate can breed. You hate on us, God makes you look stupid even to your own children.

SMH!

This your response is way over the top!

cc: Mynd44
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
What will u say about those at 29
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by justmi1: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
From personal experience I think you should be worried. I would be 29 in some months and trust me I have never been in a relationship. I was serious with studies, I finished with good grades, got a job and a fairly decent apartment. I think I have what I "need" but I wish I could be with someone. I feel so lonely. I didn't see it as an issue at 22. Don't take life too seriously, nothing is more fulfilling in life than good relationship with people.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
tyrant111:
am Igbo but I swear u be mumu....people like u are the reason this country will never move forward.... he goat

Ewu. Its idiotic "I be lagos Igbos" like you are the reason why Igbos are being murdered in every sphere of life in Nigeria. Politically, economically, spiritually, financially and emotionally... Igbos are being targeted. Yet they say we have victim mentality. slowpoke, below is what the iddiot said about your tribe!

Adminisher:

The fact that having a Father who is Hausa and a Mother who is IBO is a CRIME to you guys is the reason your tribe will never produce a President in Nigeria

Please mark these words. You have cursed yourselves with those words. Progress is impossible for your people for entertaining these satanic attitude in 2017.

There is ZERO hope. ZERO happiness and fulfilment with this self fulfilling prophecy on your people.

Hausa Dad and Ibo man is a crime to you guys?.
You are DEAD already , only you don't know it. No wonder you fail at everything.

So you guys chose your parents?. You told God you wanted to black, African and Nigerian?. What choice does any of us have in circumstances of birth?. Is it not God?.

You guys are FINISHED!!!. We now know the problem of Nigeria and who will always get the rough end of the stick.

FOOL! What is your response now if you are truly an Igbo?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by VoltageDivida(m): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Arijude:
I'm 26 and I have never had any girlfriend and it doesn't bother me. So, relax bro.

Bro how do you do it?
Am 25 and it worries me a times that I've never dated, though I feel good been single.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by abdeiz(m): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
harriet412:
Well, I'm 19 op,I've not had a boyfriend and there is nothing wrong with me.. I'm perfectly alrightundecided

But u need to work on ur social life, go out more often and hang out with friends.

lol...don't worry you'd soon get grin
harriet412:
Well, I'm 19 op,I've not had a boyfriend and there is nothing wrong with me.. I'm perfectly alrightundecided

But u need to work on ur social life, go out more often and hang out with friends.

lol...don't worry you'd soon get
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
Butoneday2:
You are still a teenager for now u don't need it just focus on ur future first?
22 teenager? what happened to thirTEEN - nineTEEN
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
MizMyColi:

cheesy

*rolls eyes*
Lol
Hey sweerie

wanna take a ride? grin

2 possible destinations tongue
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by aviationguy: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
The devil is planning to waste your life with this thought,erase this thought and embrace the dignity to keep yourself to this stage in life.

I perceived low self esteem in your write up,build up yourself by keeping a devoted Christian brethren around you.who will help you grow spiritually and desist from immorality thought.

the fact that others are doing it and they are been successful does not guarantee if you engaged in such you will also be successful.

focus on building a remarkable future,your education and your Christian life.

am sure at the right time you will get a divine partner in which the Lord has planned for you.

stay bless.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by abdeiz(m): 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
justmi1:
From personal experience I think you should be worried. I would be 29 in some months and trust me I have never been in a relationship. I was serious with studies, I finished with good grades, got a job and a fairly decent apartment. I think I have what I "need" but I wish I could be with someone. I feel so lonely. I didn't see it as an issue at 22. Don't take life too seriously, nothing is more fulfilling in life than good relationship with people.

Hehn....bros why and what are you waiting for?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by mohdrimi: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2017
Well, actually I'm just like you. I'm 23 now and I never had a girl friend too.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bro.... You are young, you are handsome, you are unique. Don't allow the supposed life of others ruin yours.. There are other things that you can do with your LIFE.

A succesful relationship doesnt have to start with a WOMAN.

It can start with your family, good friends, people around you. Etc

Right now u can build a successful career, you dont need too much of people in your life.

I understand your feeling. Try and just make your life sth anybody will want to be part of before looking for a relationship that will lead to marriage.

Build on your personality, career and even your realtionships with people around you.

Maybe you should stop being around such people that make you feel life is like that. Be around people that bring out the best in you and vice versa.

Enjoy LIFE!! when u r ready for such, u wont be asking questions on NL.
Its not FUN, like u said those things are exuberant....
Dont limit yourself..

2 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by God2man(m): 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
It is good. Keep it up.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Diso60090(m): 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:
Read my post mongrel.. Sex isn't my priority.!

No na your personality
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Rachaelgold(f): 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
Same here bro.. .but I don't see it as a problem, it is a blessing. Trust God, work hard and pray hard.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by anochuko01(m): 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
I'm 25.....and I've not had a relationship in 6years. its no problem...its a choice. I've been more interested in being successful than wasting energy on girls.
I'm only just considering a girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by TheCongo2: 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Bro, you are on the right track. You can always get women in your life, provided you have the potentials to make a good boyfriend/husband. You have a long way to go so I won't want you to bother your mind with women affairs. Focus on your grade and studies if you are still in school.

You can start by making a female friend in your church/ class. See how it turns out.

Why does he have to go through all this while some men worst than him play with different girls everyday?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
mylextone:

Dont ruin sm1's life with all these childish articles

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by tunary(m): 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Its normal ur still young. forget about girls and focus on ur carrier
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Mariangeles(f): 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
Emotional responsibility is very demanding, girls are very demanding, sometimes you'd want to be alone but can't because you're not yours alone anymore, you're committed to someone, you'll have to make long calls at least once everyday... but if you think you're ready, you can start dating but nothing serious because feelings can be very addictive, before you know it, you can't do without her or she can't do without you...before you know it, you realize you're not as productive as you used to be.

3 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by pxjosh(m): 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
PHIPEX:
Had my first girlfriend at 28 got married at 31 and lives happily ever after. You should rather be happy that you have all the free time you need to make yourself a success.

Make good friends of both sexes, focus on your studies, make your self a success. You should rather bother yourself on how to be a millionaire at 30.

Millionaire at 30?

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by NurseJP(m): 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
This is from your village,you need cleansing, bring dry gin,7 alligator pepper, white fowl and meet me at the junction�

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Like Getting Their Ears Kissed? / Im In Love With My Step- Brother: What Should I Do? / How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.