Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (45456 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / Being A Father At 22 (my Story) / A Beautiful Sex Worker Highlights Her Achievements At 22 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by goziem1982(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bro don't feel bad you still have all it takes to be successful,try and mix-up with the right people,especially in the church,also make good friends it helps in life.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by mctowel01: 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
VoltageDivida:

Bro how do you do it?
Am 25 and it worries me a times that I've never dated, though I feel good been single.
He is gay.. lol... don't even envy him

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by osayuwamwen(m): 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
angry
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by menwongo(m): 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
Date a girl now at your age and watch as someone else marry her in less than two years. Date when you are ready to marry
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Small080(m): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
It's possible, it is the way you're raised, you living location and environment. no friend/ brother to teach you .

but my advice is this.....

start making female friend from your school / church

move with some guys but not notorious guys

a responsible one can teach you what you don't know ...

not your fault, you don't just know how

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
smiley
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ikmontana1: 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
makky555:

Makky grin
am Godwin..cud u send ur watsapp number to me..??
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by habsydiamond(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
U don have any problem jare....u are only experienci g change just like nigeria government....as time goes on change will change again......
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by omolorlarh: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no body.

Constructive suggestions please
Nothing is wrong with you
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Phoniex23: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hmmm.... Not compulsory and necessary..
Keep ur E-cards coming... Just tap the link on my signature
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
U seem like a nice guy, I think u need that female companion, even if u don't date her, I think u need to have a close female friend and also improve on ur activities like hanging out with ur friends more. Just improve ur social life. But don't abandon ur studies too.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=Vibesking post=63551105]
Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Bayurzx: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Well you need to look deep and ask yourself the question: who are you and what do you want. In the end when you look back and have regrets or not you will only have yourself to blame or praise not others, whatever the case may be
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
I'm just like you,but I don't feel lonely,being serious and focusing on the most important things in life pays in the long run,you may not necessarily see it too soon but it's very much rewarding.

I can't say I haven't had a crush before,but at a certain point in my life I discovered it was just a big waste of time.Put all your energy in improving yourself,and stop prioritizing having the so-called "healthy" social life.

As long as I'm not up to the marriage age,I don't give a damn about relationships.I find happiness in being successful and achieving great feats,not something so irrelevant to me at this age.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by habdolleez: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=Vibesking post=63551105]

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no .

Bro seriously u don't have any problem, we are in the same shoe the only difference is that I have many female friends I relate with. The worst thing is to look down on urself. Feel free to relate with anybody. Sometime when I feel lonely I will go to environment of informal people just to make myself happy for a while,i laugh and go back to my home. I don't worry about anything I just focus on my goal and pray to God. Just focus and don't get distracted when the time come u will surely have ur wife. 116... Believe. That's my motto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by habdolleez: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bro seriously u don't have any problem, we are in the same shoe the only difference is that I have many female friends I relate with. The worst thing is to look down on urself. Feel free to relate with anybody. Sometime when I feel lonely I will go to environment of informal people just to make myself happy for a while,i laugh and go back to my home. I don't worry about anything I just focus on my goal and pray to God. Just focus and don't get distracted when the time come u will surely have ur wife. 116... Believe. That's my motto
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
life of an introvert. I was once in your shoes.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by pawesome(m): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Do u play bet9ja?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by makky555(f): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ikmontana1:
am Godwin..cud u send ur watsapp number to me..??

No I couldn't Godwin dear smiley
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by kengodson: 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Op
merry xmas and happy new year

2 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by kengodson: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Op
dating a girl will not make u full..............thank you and loneliness?? baba roll with your friends na undecided who knows, maybe one of their sister may cite you.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by chidekings(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
1samm:
bro I was once like you... there
is notn wrong wit being alone for now since that is not part of your priorities..
I got my first real girlfriend just dis yr and am 25 yrs old...I ve always felt dat real relationship should be more than wat is available this days so despite pressure from my friends I held my ground and today I am glad DAT I did...I ve d most beautiful girl in d world..not just facial beauty alone but beauty of d soul... just wait for d TANGIBLE and leave all dis SUPERFICIAL relationships DAT won't stand d test of time!!!

Story ,until she do you strong thing.

As for me it's always good to be a good bad boy.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Jelal0007(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
I'm 29yrs old I don't have a GF let alone a serious relationship. Its no curse dude,its a decision.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ezechinwa:

During my days in the University at FUTO, I was exactly like you, I always read programming books. Today, I work with one of the leading ISP providers, I am an Android and IOS engineer and also a member of the Facebook team. I am 26 yrs old too. so my brother, be successful at what you do, women would come later.

I don't regret my actions now.

I'm also like you bro, currently in 400L, I love coding, in fact am a web developer, and I aspire for more when I graduate.

Can I get your email?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ikmontana1: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
makky555:

No I couldn't Godwin dear smiley
ok den..cud u tell me ur Facebook acct name..?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by watchindelta(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
My first bang i was a 14yrs old boi tongue but am still cool n doing wel it depend on you undecided life is all about capacity kiss
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by stanliwise(m): 12:00am On Dec 26, 2017
Vibesking:

With all advise given. If you still don't feel it is cool. Go get your own experience and your story. This is one thing you can collect/get/borrow from anyone.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by ahmedbanj(m): 12:33am On Dec 26, 2017
22 years? even if U wait till u're 40 dat doesnt guaranty U gonna be succesful dan dose havin gf's even b4 ur age...
so what's d fuss all about? y'all been waiting till U're 28-30, 'Who E Epp?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 26, 2017
haymekus:

I'm also like you bro, currently in 400L, I love coding, in fact, am a web developer, and I aspire for more when I graduate.

Can I get your email?
I decided to venture into programming during my 200 level, funny enough, I could spend my feeding money buying books, although my GPA dropped from a 2.1 to a 2.2, i was able to simultaneously learn Java, Php, IOS and Android Development and also finish with a 2.1. So, always stay positive and work hard, don't let anyone tell you, you cannot do something.

Having worked with various top IT companies, Here are some key areas you need to learn
Arrays, Computation Time, Functions and return types, JSON APIs, Database Nominalization, Designs (Web/Mobile). Cheers. if you need any advice. Let me know.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Lalas247(f): 1:12am On Dec 26, 2017
DanseMacabre:
What is problematic is you thinking whether having or not having a girlfriend at 22 is problematic.

My own problem is that I'm not a millionaire yet. Common millionaire fa. angry

Oshey ...... who girlfriend help ... I will trade any boyfriend
Or potential for early retirement grin nonsense

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 26, 2017
DanseMacabre:
What is problematic is you thinking whether having or not having a girlfriend at 22 is problematic.

My own problem is that I'm not a millionaire yet. Common millionaire fa. angry
Billions of dollar fall on us in 2018.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Vibesking:
Read my post mongrel.. Sex isn't my priority.!
Hope u're not ugly. Because girls don't go for ugly guys o..... Even very worwor girls dey pray 4 wizkid.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 types of Ladies Who Are Only Relevant In The living room and The Other Room. / Why Do Guys Like Getting Their Ears Kissed? / Im In Love With My Step- Brother: What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.