Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162666 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 11:43am On May 04, 2018
Bravo!
Mamaiyanu:
My dear nairalanders,
I applied for my first us visa in 2014 to have my first child. Denied.
Applied to have my second child this year in March (posted the transcript earlier). Denied again

So I decided to apply again for the visa. I took time to fill my ds-160. In the space where they asked have you been denied a us visa before. I said Yes, and explained several reasons to contradict why I thought I was denied. In the space for employment, I also described what I do in my company with plenty story .

Lagos dates were not looking favourable so I decided to pick Abuja.

On top visa only God knows how much I have spent. Visa fee twice, flight ticket to Abuja, hotel in Abuja, taxi to move around. It is well.

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am this morning. I'm sure my burden of proof was more than Phemas own sef.

There were 3 ladies and a guy doing interviews. The three ladies were more thorough, asking plenty questions and requesting for documents. The guy on the other hand was sharp sharp. Denying people like water in less than a minute. I was just praying to God that I should not go to the guy. Alas it was my turn and I was asked to go to him. I just braced myself and said babe let's do this.

Vo: pass me your passport please
Me: hands it over

Vo: How are you doing today?
Me: Very well thank you

Vo: I see you're going to Richmond Texas, when is your exact due date
Me: (Said the month and day). I'm currently 6 months pregnant

Vo: You work at Bleep? (I guess he Saw that on my ds-160)
Me: Yes I do. I am a manager in the Bleep dept

Vo: How much do you earn per month?
Me: I earn Bleep on the average although it varies monthly. So Bleep is just an average

Vo: where does your husband work?
Me: He works in Bleep as an Bleep. Also explained his job role briefly.

Vo: How long has been working there?
Me: 6 years. He started working there in 2012

Vo: How much does he earn?
Me: He earns about xx annually, in addition to a yearly bonus of Bleep per annum. So on the average he earns Bleep (which was not accurate. My maths skills suddenly failed me, and I stammered)

Vo: Does your husband have a us visa?
Me: No he doesn't

Vo: I see you were here in March. What has changed since that time?
Me: I believe I did not present my financial situation properly. I have a mutual funds which has now matured and has been transferred to my account. I have access to the funds now. I also brought a 3 month bank statement the last time but now I have a 6 month bank statement which further shows my financial situation.

Vo: How long are you staying in the US?
Me: two months. I intend to travel at the end of June and be back by the end of August

Vo: do you have a child?
Me: Yes I have a son

Vo: How old is He?
Me: He's 3 years old

Vo: Thank you ma'am for attending this interview with the us embassy
Me: (At this point I was already scared cos that's the tone he used to reject all the others) Your visa has been approved!

I didn't hear a word of what he said after that. I don't even know how my legs carried me out of that place

No single document checked! I just thank God for favor. I've been praying and believing God since I applied, thank God he came through for me

My advice of course would be to pray very well and believe God. Cos sometimes it's not about the truckload of documents you bring.
Also be smart. Prayer can't do everything. We are very religious in this country and believe only prayer would solve everything. Prayer just helps after you have done the necessary things in the natural.

Dress well. It boosts your confidence. I fixed human hair, did makeup wore a jacket and heels. One woman even said ahn ahn , sexy pregnant woman.

Also take charge of the interview. If he asks a question, give him more details than what was asked. Don't just stand there giving one liners and waiting for the questions to be asked. Their default predisposition is to reject you, so you need to give them a reason to give you the visa by showing you know what you are saying.

All the best to future applicants!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=IncredibleWest post=67270724][/quote]

PM me.

the only hospital close to precious cedar is oakbend. if you're using HNWMC, then you cannot use oakbend. They're far apart.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 2:35pm On May 04, 2018
Pls my people, the Harbor UCLA hospital wil10 suggested is still far from my hosts house which is Northridge California. I want to call the hospital this morning (st francis) and knw if my appointment can be shifted to Saturday in order to weigh the options you guys will be providing. @wil10, thanks for your help thus far
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyeye: 2:50pm On May 04, 2018
Please for those that used visa on arrival to bring in their babies from US, where you able to travel out of Nigeria with you babies without a Nigerian passport at the airport? because we will be travelling next month and my baby doesn't have the Nigerian passport yet. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Austine2020: 4:32pm On May 04, 2018
Iyeye:
Please for those that used visa on arrival to bring in their babies from US, where you able to travel out of Nigeria with you babies without a Nigerian passport at the airport? because we will be travelling next month and my baby doesn't have the Nigerian passport yet. Thanks.
Then,why not do the Nigeria passport now,since u still have time? because next month is still far.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 5:55pm On May 04, 2018
Hello family
Pls can anyone refer me to a link that has list of acceptable nigeria food stuff or prohibited ones. Also does olive and coconut oil for skin count for food? Is there somewhere to buy nigeria food beside Oakbend as I’m planning not to carry any food -to avoid the long queues I have read here for food search as I would be heavy and won’t like unnecessary stress if it can be avoided. Pls advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 10:55pm On May 04, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
My dear nairalanders,
Applied to have my second child this year in March (posted the transcript earlier). Denied again

So I decided to apply again for the visa. I took time to fill my ds-160. In the space where they asked have you been denied a us visa before. I said Yes, and explained several reasons to contradict why I thought I was denied. In the space for employment, I also described what I do in my company with plenty story .

On top visa only God knows how much I have spent. Visa fee twice, flight ticket to Abuja, hotel in Abuja, taxi to move around. It is well.

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am this morning. I'm sure my burden of proof was more than Phemas own sef.

There were 3 ladies and a guy doing interviews. The three ladies were more thorough, asking plenty questions and requesting for documents. The guy on the other hand was sharp sharp. Denying people like water in less than a minute. I was just praying to God that I should not go to the guy. Alas it was my turn and I was asked to go to him. I just braced myself and said babe let's do this.

Me: I earn Bleep on the average although it varies monthly. So Bleep is just an average

Me: He earns about xx annually, in addition to a yearly bonus of Bleep per annum. So on the average he earns Bleep (which was not accurate. My maths skills suddenly failed me, and I stammered)

Me: I believe I did not present my financial situation properly. I have a mutual funds which has now matured and has been transferred to my account. I have access to the funds now. I also brought a 3 month bank statement the last time but now I have a 6 month bank statement which further shows my financial situation.

I want to personally say congratulations to you cos you did a very nice job at your interview. You have taketh your visa by force. And to think its the almighty Abuja that has been denying preggys like crazy. #Chopknuckle

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by brizzaybabe: 1:57am On May 05, 2018
Hello House and fellow mommies,

I am a newbie on this section..I can see people are very helpful here in answering questions.I am thinking of delivery in the US though EDD is still more than 4 months away.However,I have a few questions and i will appreciate the experienced mommies and daddies in the house to help:

1.Apart from Oakbend TX which I got to know on this forum, is there any cheaper hospital to give birth in the US? We do not have any relative in US and DH's income is not so buoyant.
2.At what time should one start the visa application process?
3.How many month account statement is required at the embassy.
4.I have read and learnt on this forum but any other information or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone, God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Duakkie: 7:37am On May 05, 2018
ekashiloh:
Mamaduakkie,pls I hv pm u,pls i really need ur advice.try n reply me pls.

Please resend
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tyconcepts(f): 8:15am On May 05, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Hello family
Pls can anyone refer me to a link that has list of acceptable nigeria food stuff or prohibited ones. Also does olive and coconut oil for skin count for food? Is there somewhere to buy nigeria food beside Oakbend as I’m planning not to carry any food -to avoid the long queues I have read here for food search as I would be heavy and won’t like unnecessary stress if it can be avoided. Pls advise

Good morning ma'am. I wonder why I'm just seeing this shocked Yes coconut oil count as food as it can be used for cooking,frying, baking, smoothies and everything food. It's super healthy and low in cholesterol. Kindly visit our link as we sell the healthiest, purest and unadulterated coconut oil in town.

https://www.nairaland.com/4158801/funmi-coconuts-100-unadulterated-coconut

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by swanky6968: 8:16am On May 05, 2018
swanky6968:
Please Gurus in the house. I applied for Visa last month and was denied. Now I want to apply again, this time around with my husband. Please what will he fill his reason as. Will my husband own be visiting tourism while mine medical tourism. Or we both medical tourism.
Or should I apply alone without my hubby and 2yrs.
2ndly if we don have anybody in USA should we use our doctor's office address as contact person or should we use the in town suites address as contact person in USA

I need answer to this please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baddo(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2018
Iyeye:

Do not try it. Get a Nigerian passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baddo(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2018
swanky6968:

Medical tourism too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Reine22: 9:33am On May 05, 2018
brizzaybabe:
Hello House and fellow mommies,

I am a newbie on this section..1st rule in this section is no spoon feeding. You have enough time to research. Go back to part one and take notes. Contact hospitals you are interested in and get updated quotes. I can see people are very helpful here in answering questions.I am thinking of delivery in the US though EDD is still more than 4 months away.However,I have a few questions and i will appreciate the experienced mommies and daddies in the house to help:

1.Apart from Oakbend TX which I got to know on this forum, is there any cheaper hospital to give birth in the US? We do not have any relative in US and DH's income is not so buoyant. If you aren’t buoyant, think very well about embarking on this journey. It is not cheap. Plan and budget for everything and include contingencies (read the thread for examples of unforseen bills)
2.At what time should one start the visa application process? Early enough in the event you need to reapply. Peak period (summer) is fast approaching and appointment dates are getting scarce
3.How many month account statement is required at the embassy. Enough to show that your income is steady and that you can afford childbirth and no bulk suspicious transfers
4.I have read and learnt on this forum but any other information or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone, God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:09am On May 05, 2018
Thank you!

ozymes:
Bravo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:10am On May 05, 2018
Thank you very much grin

ozycy:

I want to personally say congratulations to you cos you did a very nice job at your interview. You have taketh your visa by force. And to think its the almighty Abuja that has been denying preggys like crazy. #Chopknuckle
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leomichael: 12:07pm On May 05, 2018
please help. Any idea on how I can get good flight deals PHC - Houston?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jumi07601: 12:33pm On May 05, 2018
kafcakes:
Hi dear, I changed my mind because im landing in JFK,and travelling to Houston will be a lot of work, since I didn't book directly to Houston, I also got an affordable package in new jersey, but I'm now looking for a decent accommodation not too far from the hospital
Hello, I trust that you have safely delivered by now... Congratulations! Could you please share details of the NJ hospital you used and their self pay fees? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jumi07601: 12:35pm On May 05, 2018
Does anyone have information for a reasonably priced hospital in NJ for self pay maternity package? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 12:52pm On May 05, 2018
Madam, you said “in order to weigh the options you guys will be providing”? Which guys?
You are already in the US use google n look for the closest hospital to where u are, use Uber or a cab service to go there n get info. Your host nko?
You are waiting for the people in Nigeria to find hospital for you... haba
All the best.

Viola2017:
Pls my people, the Harbor UCLA hospital wil10 suggested is still far from my hosts house which is Northridge California. I want to call the hospital this morning (st francis) and knw if my appointment can be shifted to Saturday in order to weigh the options you guys will be providing. @wil10, thanks for your help thus far

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 1:03pm On May 05, 2018
The queues are not as bad as u imagine and dere is a place u can seat till it’s ur turn. I suggest u bring stuff bcuz Nigerian food stuff is expensive. If u also have been reading, most ppl were hardly checked or nothing was seized. Just pack dried, blended stuff. No meats or chicken flavored stuffs ie indomie, knot, chicken etc

Again u can also google prohibited foods to travel with to the US.

iwuoahsamuels:
Hello family

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 1:08pm On May 05, 2018
In my opinion I think you should apply alone. Medical tourism and after you get it, your husband can apply too if he intends to join you but for a tourist visa.

You will be asked if your situation has changed since d last time you applied. I suggest you prepare your answer to that. Refer to the lady who just posted her transcript.

swanky6968:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 2:46pm On May 05, 2018
Christine77:
Madam, you said “in order to weigh the options you guys will be providing”? Which guys?
You are already in the US use google n look for the closest hospital to where u are, use Uber or a cab service to go there n get info. Your host nko?
You are waiting for the people in Nigeria to find hospital for you... haba
All the best.
To my very own almighty madam.i have done all that b4 I came here to post but the prices are just too much and I needed a quick answer b4 my appointment. Thanks so much for your love and time dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by duvocharrison: 4:00pm On May 05, 2018
Pls was oakbend new price hospital doc and epidural

qquote author=Jasmine08 post=67220268]To use Oakbend now, you would have to pay the new rates which is $5450 for vaginal birth. That's minus physician fees. Only for facility

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NneMuna: 6:37pm On May 05, 2018
Hello everyone,

This is to give an account of my POE experience. Arrived through Atlanta and requested for a Wheel Chair. The lady who wheeled me was very helpful, I must say. She made sure I met my connecting flight to Houston (less than 2 hours from the time of arrival to Atlanta). Everything happened so fast, I actually did not believe the POE experience was over; it was that smooth. Lasted less than 2 minutes.

CBP: Hello, how are you today?
Me: Good morning, I am fine..you?
CBP: Why are you here?
Me: For child birth
CBP: Why the US?
ME: For dual citizenship opportunity for my Baby.
CBP: Wow, that was very straight and truthful, most people won't say that.
Me: Smiled.
He stamps me in for 6 months and asked me to enjoy my stay in the US. Just like that. I did not have to go through Agric or any other screening. Was wheeled straight to the Terminal for my connecting flight. Everything was just sharp sharp to the glory of GOD.

Thanks to this wonderful platform for all the lessons. Wishing everyone a smooth ride all the way and a very safe delivery.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by alexandramylee: 12:42am On May 06, 2018
Hi everyone...in the spirit of giving back.
I arrived LAX via BA a few days ago (April 30). The journey was smooth, 3hrs layover in LHR, good food and all.
My POE was so nice, no hassle.

Transcript:
CBP: Hi, welcome to LAX
Me: Hello, thanks
CBP: What are you here for?
Me: Visit and child birth
CBP: Really? Are you pregnant?
Me: Yes.
CBP: Do you have an idea of the cost of childbirth in LA?
Me: Yes. I have the fees from a hospital and also have doctor’s correspondence. (I showed him printed copies of both)
CBP: How much do you have?
Me: $*** cash and some sums (didn't mention specifics) in my cards.
CBP: Good. Did you inform the embassy about your intention?
Me: Yes I did and here is the email, showing my notification and the response. (Gave him a printed copy of the email)
CBP: Hmm...very good. How long are you here for?
Me: about 9weeks, approx 10weeks.
CBP: Good. As he was stamping my passport he said, enjoy your stay. Have a safe delivery and make sure you keep all your receipts of payment.

N/B 1. He didn't request to see or count the cash, doesn't give you room to tell lies o.
2. Print all relevant documents. It doesn't appear professional to use your phone.
3. Honesty is key. When you're honest the confidence activates by default.
*My luggage wasn't searched for food items.
I thank God for journey mercies and believing him for a safe delivery. I also wish everyone safe and successful trip, and delivery.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somie4: 1:12am On May 06, 2018
[quote author=ozymes post=67272358]Bravo![/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somie4: 1:14am On May 06, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
My dear nairalanders,

Vo: How long are you staying in the US?
Me: two months. I intend to travel at the end of June and be back by the end of August

Vo: do you have a child?
Me: Yes I have a son

Vo: How old is He?
Me: He's 3 years old

Vo: Thank you ma'am for attending this interview with the us embassy
Me: (At this point I was already scared cos that's the tone he used to reject all the others) Your visa has been approved!

I didn't hear a word of what he said after that. I don't even know how my legs carried me out of that place

No single document checked! I just thank God for favor. I've been praying and believing God since I applied, thank God he came through for me

My advice of course would be to pray very well and believe God. Cos sometimes it's not about the truckload of documents you bring.
Also be smart. Prayer can't do everything. We are very religious in this country and believe only prayer would solve everything. Prayer just helps after you have done the necessary things in the natural.

Dress well. It boosts your confidence. I fixed human hair, did makeup wore a jacket and heels. One woman even said ahn ahn , sexy pregnant woman.

Also take charge of the interview. If he asks a question, give him more details than what was asked. Don't just stand there giving one liners and waiting for the questions to be asked. Their default predisposition is to reject you, so you need to give them a reason to give you the visa by showing you know what you are saying.

congrats dear, pls was it b1/b2 visiting visa they gave you or was it medical visa? Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somie4: 1:28am On May 06, 2018
Teny4:
I don't think it's an issue if you don't have a doc's correspondence. The major issue is have enough cash. Tell them you communicated through phone with the doc and that they don't make payment before hand. But let the doc or hospital send you their self pay bill. And also make sure to have the docs name and phone number. Good luck!

Thanks darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somie4: 1:31am On May 06, 2018
cindermum:

Having alot of cash isn't enough. I read somewhere in part 2 abi 3 not sure where a woman had 18k but didn't ve a hospital neither did she have a Dr and She was sent back. Please call the hospital and tell them to give you an email address or you ask them to mail you the self pay package. This way the CBP is assured you won't become a burden.

Do not go without one please. Better to be over. T prepared.
Thanks dear . I got a mail about their self pay package yesterday .

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.