Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165644 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 8:48pm On May 07, 2018
semilore12:
I used turkish last year. Adding baby ticket was very easy. Hubby went to the airport in Nigeria and made payment. Ticket was forwarded to me and that was all. I can't remember the exact amount but was very cheap and sure less than 50k. Hope this helps

Thanks ma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyabeji12(f): 10:46pm On May 07, 2018
Tripletmom:
Mum that flew Turkish airline,pls how did u add ur baby’s ticket?
I called d airline n was told i can’t b given any information about it dat i should go to dere office at DC or wait til the day of departure but Wil b more expensive.
Send someone to their office in Nigeria to pay. It cost 24k Naira to add my baby

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by onyotse(f): 11:04pm On May 07, 2018
ptefemmeforte:

What hospital are you using? Will send you a pm
am interested in sharing accomodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by onyotse(f): 11:07pm On May 07, 2018
Tsrlee11:

Pls any mama coming to Houston and wouldn’t mind sharing accommodation with me? Hola
I don't mind pls can you PM me and plz which hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 12:53am On May 08, 2018
@Mamaroon i sent u a PM,pls accept.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 12:55am On May 08, 2018
Iyabeji12:

Send someone to their office in Nigeria to pay. It cost 24k Naira to add my baby
Thanks ma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 8:03am On May 08, 2018
try calling them if you have a card in your name that you would use to pay. I didn't have a dollar card and there was too much requirements for using a proxy card and my host wasn't interested. i went to their office to finalise after placing a booking via phone call
Tripletmom:
Mum that flew Turkish airline,pls how did u add ur baby’s ticket?
I called d airline n was told i can’t b given any information about it dat i should go to dere office at DC or wait til the day of departure but Wil b more expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 8:20am On May 08, 2018
sayoberry:
Hello everyone. Pls does anyone know any doctor and hospital in Boston?

Hello mama, been a long time since you came here ... How ve u been? The hosp I have for Boston is quite expensive o, it was a kind mummy here that gave me the name . For VD it's 11k and for CS it's 15k. What do u think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 9:42am On May 08, 2018
Yes..St Elizabeth's Medical centre

sayoberry:
Hello everyone. Pls does anyone know any doctor and hospital in Boston?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 08, 2018
Tripletmom:
@Mamaroon i sent u a PM,pls accept.

Didn't get the PM...sorry...pls ask here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tmd(f): 2:03pm On May 08, 2018
Hi, please what was the reason for your 221g request? I have a 221g request also, I would love to know how your interview went please. Thank you.

If you want to travel July ending you should apply asap.

The reason for this is that you MAY be called for interview and getting a date can be a headache!

My visa was to expire in November and I applied late September/early October. My passport was returned after like 15 days with a 221g request. This was already mid October. The closest date for interview was November 2nd and I had to be in the US by November 4 for a conference.

I got the visa but missed my conference because the US embassy kept my passport for another 15days!!!!!!

So please apply to renew your visa early especially if you need to travel.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 3:50pm On May 08, 2018
tmd:
Hi, please what was the reason for your 221g request? I have a 221g request also, I would love to know how your interview went please. Thank you.

If you want to travel July ending you should apply asap.

The reason for this is that you MAY be called for interview and getting a date can be a headache!

My visa was to expire in November and I applied late September/early October. My passport was returned after like 15 days with a 221g request. This was already mid October. The closest date for interview was November 2nd and I had to be in the US by November 4 for a conference.

I got the visa but missed my conference because the US embassy kept my passport for another 15days!!!!!!

So please apply to renew your visa early especially if you need to travel.

Hi

You can find my interview transcript here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moqq: 4:22pm On May 08, 2018
In the spirit of giving back.

VISA
I went for my Visa in November, 2017

VO: Passport please
Me: Here it is
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: To have my baby.
VO: Are you pregnant?
Me: Yes
VO: Why do you want to go to the US to give birth, why not Nigeria?
ME: I had an operation in Uni, had complication and went under the knife again. I'm kind of scared for my life. I want the best medical care to being my baby to this World alive.
VO: Have you travelled before?
Me: No, I'm a kind of busy career lady. Thank God for maternity leave, that's why I'm venturing into this trip.
VO: Do you have a hospital and doctor?
ME: Yes, I have correspondence from Houston Northwest... and Dr. X. Dr.X gave me appointment. (I handed him the correspondence and appointment letter)
VO: Giving birth in the US is very expensive
ME: Yes I know, my husband and I can afford it
(I handed him my budget sheet and statement, I had over x2 of my budget in my account)
VO: Someone transferred a huge amount to your 3 weeks ago
ME: Yes, my husband its meant for this trip.
VO: Okay, what do you do and earn
ME: I work as bleep at bleep and earn bleep
VO: Where does your husband work:
ME: He work as bleep at bleep
VO: How many kids do you have?
ME: This is our first
VO: Do you have families in the US that will take care of you?
ME: No, my mum has applied for visa too, she will join me shortly after I travel (see my confidence lol, as if I have the visa already o )
VO: Okay, but why not your husband?
ME: Hubby is a very busy somebody
VO: So where will you stay
ME: Bleep hotel.
VO: When is your due date.
ME: 25th December
VO: Wow Christmas baby, please go and have the cute baby in the US
ME: Shine shine my teeth
VO: Pick your passport in the circle addres in 3 days

TRAVEL and POE
I flew Turkish from Lagos to Newyork. I travelled exactly 3 weeks after I got my visa, November too.I went straight to Airport health to get fit to fly and gave it to my airline

1 hour to land at JFK, I cram all my doctor, hospital name, address, hotel name and address. Every damn thing ooo.

CBP: Passport please
CBP: What food do you have?
ME: Ogbonno, Garri, Stock fish, Iru, Semolina, Wheat meal
CBP: Here is your passport
ME: Thank you.

Note: I was relaxed, confident and smiling all through.

I was surprised and lost, in my mind I was thinking where will they ask me the questions i read on nairaland hmmm. So I saw some naija peeps and asked them where is the place they ask questions. They said for me to be where I am, no more question. I told them they have not stamoed me in ooo. They started laughing at me. They told me to open my passport, then I saw CBP stamped me in for 6 months. WONDER.

I passed the night in Newyork to rest, the next day I continued my journey to Houston on a local flight.

MY MUM

She went for her interview 13 days after I travelled, I already made coloured photocopy of my visa page and date page for her. I told her to go with my birth certificate too, so that they won't say she's not my mum, lol.

VO: Where are you going to in the US:
Mum: Houston, Texas
VO: For what?
Mum: My daughter is pregnant with her first child and has requested I join her to welcome the baby and care for them both. The baby is my first grandchild, I'm excited. I have my daughter Visa and data page here. (Passed it to VO:
My mum categorically told me the VO said
VO: thank you, you made my job easier
VO: When is her due date
Mum: 25th December (same date I said during my interview, train your mum/hubby well)
VO: Hey Christmas baby, so when did your daughter get to the US
Mum: Bleep
VO: Pick your visa in 3 days time

My mum arrived in the evening, I delivered a beautiful baby girl in the morning before her arrival on 23rd December. I collected zero receipt from hospital and doctor after I was discharged before going home.

Went to birth and records to get baby birth certificate after 5 days $23 in Houston
Baby SSN arrived 10 days after I gave birth
Got her passport too and I went to Turkish airline office in Houston to buy baby's ticket $93.
I got to the airport early to request for basinet. It was free.
Paid $190 for visa on arrival time in Nigeria.
I used exactly 8 weeks in the US and returned to Nigeria.

I stayed in a rented apartment, it included feeding and transportation. If you need hospital, doctor, accommodation in Houston, you can send me message. I will be more than ready to give answers.

God help us all.
Cheers (shine teeth)

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ronkfash: 4:39pm On May 08, 2018
Today i was denied. A very sad and disappointing experience.
Hubby and i were very confident we would get visas. Unfortunstely the blonde lady had other plans for us.

I answered most of the questions because hubby was holding our 2 year old son who was fast asleep. All our documents were with me. Neatly filed.

This happened in Lagos, today in the morning. We came into town from PH lastnight and were right on time for the interview.
I wore my best pants and jacket, did my hair and makeup( as advised on here)lol

VO: goodmorning
US: goodmorning. How are you doing today? (Smiles) i passed our passports
Vo. No response
Vo. Where will u be going
Dw. Houston texas
Vo. Why?
Dw. Im pregnant and will be taking my maternity leave to go have my baby ( stole this exact response from here too).
Vo. Nodding.
Dw. By the way i work with xxxx as yyy. However my husband will b sponsoring our trip
Vo. And where do u work? Referring to hubby
Dh. I work as a Bleep in xyz (a well known agency known to pay good money). My husband kept talking. I almost asked him to chill out. My feet were killing me. My killer heels werent helping. Well, he finally did. Lol
Dw. I quickly chipped in. Here are our employment letters.
V.o i wont be needing them
V.o how long have you worked there?(looking at hubby)
Dh. 12 years 5months
I almost told her mine too but i decided to not let oversabi get us in trouble.
V.o which hospital will u be using?
Dw. oakbend medical centre and my doctor is dr F. Here is my doctors correspondence and acceptance letter.
Vo no gree answer. So i offered to show her again. She declined.
Vo. How much will this trip cost?
Dw. Medical bill is 8k and A total of 17k for the entire trip. Would you like to see our budget sheet?
Vo. Ermmmmm.... no
Vo. How long will you be staying?
Dw. 8weeks
Vo: including you? To my husband
Dh. No, my annual leave is 4weeks. so 3weeks is all i can spare.
Vo. And ur son will be with you the entire 8 weeks?
Dw. Yes. Although..... ( she didnt let me finish)
Vo. Im sorry blah blah blah.....next thing blue paper.

Paper says we dont have enough ties. *SHOCKING*

MY Edd is in june, thats next month. Id love to apply for expedited interview. Perhaps ill apply alone. Hope say my husband son job and properties will be enough "ties". Roll eyes.

Please my people. How do i go about this. Please im tired of reading. Dont tell me to read tvrough and search button. I hv been reading for 6 months non stop. I need someone who can pity me and tell me exactly how to go about it. I am very sad oloun. I'm trying to keep it together.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 6:04pm On May 08, 2018
Ronkfash:
Hubby and i were very confident we would get visas. Unfortunstely the blonde lady had other plans for us.

I answered most of the questions because hubby was holding our 2 year old son who was fast asleep. All our documents were with me. Neatly filed.

This happened in Lagos, today in the morning. We came into town from PH lastnight and were right on time for the interview.
I wore my best pants and jacket, did my hair and makeup( as advised on here)lol

Vo. And ur son will be with you the entire 8 weeks?
Dw. Yes. Although..... ( she didnt let me finish)
Vo. Im sorry blah blah blah.....next thing blue paper.

MY Edd is in june, thats next month. Id love to apply for expedited interview. Perhaps ill apply alone. Hope say my husband son job and properties will be enough "ties". Roll eyes.

Please my people. How do i go about this. Please im tired of reading. Dont tell me to read tvrough and search button. I hv been reading for 6 months non stop. I need someone who can pity me and tell me exactly how to go about it. I am very sad oloun. I'm trying to keep it together.

Pretty sorry about the refusal. Though VO sent some not too positive vibes ahead already, it seems this is the type of VO who isn't down with mother and infant/toddler apart just like that, didn't even give opportunity for justification of the separation.... Just a thought though. Will suggest you have your son on the trip with you while daddy joins you later or even stay out of this entirely!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 6:21pm On May 08, 2018
Hi dear,

I'm so so sorry. After two denials I can tell you I know exactly how you feel. It can be very demoralizing sad

Your hubby is right about the ties part. Apply again normally. Then after you schedule a normal appointment click on emergency appointment.
You would need an appointment letter from Dr F. Pay the 200 dollars for that. Ask him to include your edd and let him know you want to use it for expedited visa appointment.

Upload the letter and all your supporting documents. You should get a response in a few days.

All the best darl. You can pm me if you need any other info

Ronkfash:

MY Edd is in june, thats next month. Id love to apply for expedited interview. Perhaps ill apply alone. Hope say my husband son job and properties will be enough "ties".

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yettyj: 7:10pm On May 08, 2018
Good evening people, please do I need a letter or correspondence from my hospital to present at the POE? I have doctor’s correspondence and acceptance letter but I didn’t communicate with the hospital I’m using at all, do I need to communicate with hospital too?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ptefemmeforte: 7:10pm On May 08, 2018
onyotse:
am interested in sharing accomodation
OK ma'am, I am still searching but will keep you posted if I find a good deal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 9:16pm On May 08, 2018
freshdad:
try calling them if you have a card in your name that you would use to pay. I didn't have a dollar card and there was too much requirements for using a proxy card and my host wasn't interested. i went to their office to finalise after placing a booking via phone call

Alright thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 9:17pm On May 08, 2018
Mamaroon:

Didn't get the PM...check it's Mamaroon and not mamaron....or pls ask here.
Thanks for ur response ma,wanted to ask about d naija PP but av done it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ronkfash: 9:21pm On May 08, 2018
@Omobendel that was the plan. He was to stay with me the entire 8 weeks. I told the vO that. Apparently, she didnt like the idea.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ronkfash: 9:29pm On May 08, 2018
@mamaiyanu thank you ma. I'm sorry about yours too.
I already have an appointment letter from dr f stating my edd. Would i have to request another?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MakGrace: 9:44pm On May 08, 2018
Hello all... first timer � I must say I have been very educated by this thread, welldone to everyone whose advised and shared experiences. Please Abuja interviewees, my appointment is for 8am x date. Would like to know roughly how long I will be there for, any clue please as I have a flight to catch up same day, moreso am preggy. Would appreciate an honest response, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tmd(f): 10:01pm On May 08, 2018
Thank you. This really helped, now I know what to take along. Thanks.

Hi

You can find my interview transcript here[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:23pm On May 08, 2018
Nopes. That's good enough

Ronkfash:
@mamaiyanu thank you ma. I'm sorry about yours too.
I already have an appointment letter from dr f stating my edd. Would i have to request another?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:24pm On May 08, 2018
Mine was at 7:30am, I got there 7am and was done by 8:30am. Caught the flight leaving 1:30pm back to Lagos.

MakGrace:
Hello all... first timer � I must say I have been very educated by this thread, welldone to everyone whose advised and shared experiences. Please Abuja interviewees, my appointment is for 8am x date. Would like to know roughly how long I will be there for, any clue please as I have a flight to catch up same day, moreso am preggy. Would appreciate an honest response, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MakGrace: 10:31pm On May 08, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
Mine was at 7:30am, I got there 7am and was done by 8:30am. Caught the flight leaving 1:30pm back to Lagos.

Thanks a bunch! Hope it was a success? All the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 5:35am On May 09, 2018
Hello house,
Please who has paid for visa on arrival with Naira master card before? Can I also pay online with a Naira master card?

Please help a family. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 8:12am On May 09, 2018
Hello house
Pls what are the chances of getting my visa renewed via Dropbox considering I didn't use the last one.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chuchunana: 9:16am On May 09, 2018
Violetdaisy:
Hello house
Pls what are the chances of getting my visa renewed via Dropbox considering I didn't use the last one.
Thanks

The important thing to note is that you do qualify to use the Dropbox option regardless of whether the last visa was used or not...However, the outcome is what cannot be determined or predicted here.

All the best as you "apply"...

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.