Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166216 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 9:26am On May 09, 2018
It's not a problem at all. I had the same issue and visa was renewed via dropbox.

My dad has been renewing for the last 6 years and has never travelled on the visas.

Violetdaisy:
Hello house
Pls what are the chances of getting my visa renewed via Dropbox considering I didn't use the last one.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Focusmind: 10:15am On May 09, 2018
Ronkfash:
Today i was denied. A very sad and disappointing experience.
Hubby and i were very confident we would get visas. Unfortunstely the blonde lady had other plans for us.

I answered most of the questions because hubby was holding our 2 year old son who was fast asleep. All our documents were with me. Neatly filed.

This happened in Lagos, today in the morning. We came into town from PH lastnight and were right on time for the interview.
I wore my best pants and jacket, did my hair and makeup( as advised on here)lol

VO: goodmorning
US: goodmorning. How are you doing today? (Smiles) i passed our passports
Vo. No response

I have noticed that sometimes, when they have made up their mind not to give you, they wont want to see your documents. But when they want to give you, that's when they ask for document
Vo. Where will u be going
Dw. Houston texas
Vo. Why?
Dw. Im pregnant and will be taking my maternity leave to go have my baby ( stole this exact response from here too).
Vo. Nodding.
Dw. By the way i work with xxxx as yyy. However my husband will b sponsoring our trip
Vo. And where do u work? Referring to hubby
Dh. I work as a Bleep in xyz (a well known agency known to pay good money). My husband kept talking. I almost asked him to chill out. My feet were killing me. My killer heels werent helping. Well, he finally did. Lol
Dw. I quickly chipped in. Here are our employment letters.
V.o i wont be needing them
V.o how long have you worked there?(looking at hubby)
Dh. 12 years 5months
I almost told her mine too but i decided to not let oversabi get us in trouble.
V.o which hospital will u be using?
Dw. oakbend medical centre and my doctor is dr F. Here is my doctors correspondence and acceptance letter.
Vo no gree answer. So i offered to show her again. She declined.
Vo. How much will this trip cost?
Dw. Medical bill is 8k and A total of 17k for the entire trip. Would you like to see our budget sheet?
Vo. Ermmmmm.... no
Vo. How long will you be staying?
Dw. 8weeks
Vo: including you? To my husband
Dh. No, my annual leave is 4weeks. so 3weeks is all i can spare.
Vo. And ur son will be with you the entire 8 weeks?
Dw. Yes. Although..... ( she didnt let me finish)
Vo. Im sorry blah blah blah.....next thing blue paper.

Paper says we dont have enough ties. *SHOCKING*

MY Edd is in june, thats next month. Id love to apply for expedited interview. Perhaps ill apply alone. Hope say my husband son job and properties will be enough "ties". Roll eyes.

Please my people. How do i go about this. Please im tired of reading. Dont tell me to read tvrough and search button. I hv been reading for 6 months non stop. I need someone who can pity me and tell me exactly how to go about it. I am very sad oloun. I'm trying to keep it together.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by njidekachi: 11:42am On May 09, 2018
Abeg booking appointment for notarization (consent),there is a place that is asking for baby's us passport number how do I do that.

https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/make_time_main.asp?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 12:16pm On May 09, 2018
Chuchunana:

The important thing to note is that you do qualify to use the Dropbox option regardless of whether the last visa was used or not...However, the outcome is what cannot be determined or predicted here.

All the best as you "apply"...

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by superdoll: 12:25pm On May 09, 2018
Please i have been reading about people booking appointment at the embassy to notorise document for baby's passport, the last time i had my baby in houston my spouse used a regular notary public in abuja and did not go to the embassy and it was honored and my baby was issued passport. Please Does this still work?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 2:04pm On May 09, 2018
superdoll:
Please i have been reading about people booking appointment at the embassy to notorise document for baby's passport, the last time i had my baby in houston my spouse used a regular notary public in abuja and did not go to the embassy and it was honored and my baby was issued passport. Please Does this still work?

No,it doesn't.At least not for Houston,u have to notarise at the embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 2:05pm On May 09, 2018
Guys,please help
Trying to renew my visa via Dropbox.Entered my receipt ref number and got the message no records found.
I paid the old price of 64k,could this be why?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by superdoll: 4:40pm On May 09, 2018
Violetdaisy:

No,it doesn't.At least not for Houston,u have to notarise at the embassy

Really! Please do u know if one has to book appointment at abuja embassy before going or you can just walk in and notorise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by augustmom2be: 5:03pm On May 09, 2018
Please where can i get nigerian passport. I need to renew mine and lagos office doesnt have bookelts . Please help its urgent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumdearest: 5:06pm On May 09, 2018
augustmom2be:
Please where can i get nigerian passport. I need to renew mine and lagos office doesnt have bookelts . Please help its urgent

Its easier in Akure, if you dont mind. it takes about 1 week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 5:49pm On May 09, 2018
Violetdaisy:
Guys,please help
Trying to renew my visa via Dropbox.Entered my receipt ref number and got the message no records found.

Pls help guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 5:50pm On May 09, 2018
superdoll:

Really! Please do u know if one has to book appointment at abuja embassy before going or you can just walk in and notorise.

You have to book an appointment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chinemeze17: 6:13pm On May 09, 2018
superdoll:
No, it doesn't work anymore. You must now notarize at the embassy If your spouse is not present in the US, so book an appointment early so you ywont get a date close to when you'd be traveling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by augustmom2be: 6:14pm On May 09, 2018
mumdearest:

Its easier in Akure, if you dont mind. it takes about 1 week.
Thank you. Please do u have a contact there? Pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:24pm On May 09, 2018
Yenagoa
augustmom2be:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biodun1234: 7:36pm On May 09, 2018
Please do you need birth certificate to notorise at embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by superdoll: 9:04pm On May 09, 2018
Violetdaisy:

You have to book an appointment

Thanks so much. U have been so helpful.
Please how do i book the appointment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by superdoll: 9:05pm On May 09, 2018
Chinemeze17:

No, it doesn't work anymore. You must now notarize at the embassy If your spouse is not present in the US, so book an appointment early so you ywont get a date close to when you'd be traveling

Thanks alot for this info. I guess i will have to book even before baby's arrival. Please how do i do the booking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:07pm On May 09, 2018
No that's not why.
Check again that you entered the correct number. It's a very long number so you could have missed out some. Better still, just copy and paste directly.

If issue persists, you could send them an email or call.

Violetdaisy:
Guys,please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 10:10pm On May 09, 2018
Where in Lagos did you go? You know there are about three... ikeja/ikoyi/festac. If none of them have, try Ibadan.

augustmom2be:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 6:51am On May 10, 2018
Hi @Ramj
congrats!
was wondering if you can help. I applied for VoA yesterday. didn't get a response and only just checked spam mail now only to see mail didn't go through because of doc size. I've resized and resent but I was wondering if you know how long the processing time is before I receive travel docs. I'm scheduled to leave on Monday..
thanks in advance.
I'd appreciate help from anyone else too
Ramj:

Thanks Zee and congrats to you too.
If you get stuck with VoA contact me..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 9:29am On May 10, 2018
[quote author=Mamaiyanu post=67427216]No that's not why.
Check again that you entered the correct number. It's a very long number so you could have missed out some. Better still, just copy and paste directly.

If issue persists, you could send them an email or call.

Thanks.The numbers were correct,still same response.sent them a mail,waiting for a reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by abimbolascott: 10:08pm On May 10, 2018
There is African store atound there.
quote author=iwuoahsamuels post=67282032]Hello family
Pls can anyone refer me to a link that has list of acceptable nigeria food stuff or prohibited ones. Also does olive and coconut oil for skin count for food? Is there somewhere to buy nigeria food beside Oakbend as I’m planning not to carry any food -to avoid the long queues I have read here for food search as I would be heavy and won’t like unnecessary stress if it can be avoided. Pls advise [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by onyotse(f): 10:30pm On May 10, 2018
Hello dear I am interested in the doctor and Houston info will be on Houston may 31st and i need an afford able hospital with out hidden charges. Kindly pm
Moqq:
In the spirit of giving back.

VISA
I went for my Visa in November, 2017

VO: Passport please
Me: Here it is
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: To have my baby.
VO: Are you pregnant?
Me: Yes
VO: Why do you want to go to the US to give birth, why not Nigeria?
ME: I had an operation in Uni, had complication and went under the knife again. I'm kind of scared for my life. I want the best medical care to being my baby to this World alive.
VO: Have you travelled before?
Me: No, I'm a kind of busy career lady. Thank God for maternity leave, that's why I'm venturing into this trip.
VO: Do you have a hospital and doctor?
ME: Yes, I have correspondence from Houston Northwest... and Dr. X. Dr.X gave me appointment. (I handed him the correspondence and appointment letter)
VO: Giving birth in the US is very expensive
ME: Yes I know, my husband and I can afford it
(I handed him my budget sheet and statement, I had over x2 of my budget in my account)
VO: Someone transferred a huge amount to your 3 weeks ago
ME: Yes, my husband its meant for this trip.
VO: Okay, what do you do and earn
ME: I work as bleep at bleep and earn bleep
VO: Where does your husband work:
ME: He work as bleep at bleep
VO: How many kids do you have?
ME: This is our first
VO: Do you have families in the US that will take care of you?
ME: No, my mum has applied for visa too, she will join me shortly after I travel (see my confidence lol, as if I have the visa already o )
VO: Okay, but why not your husband?
ME: Hubby is a very busy somebody
VO: So where will you stay
ME: Bleep hotel.
VO: When is your due date.
ME: 25th December
VO: Wow Christmas baby, please go and have the cute baby in the US
ME: Shine shine my teeth
VO: Pick your passport in the circle addres in 3 days

TRAVEL and POE
I flew Turkish from Lagos to Newyork. I travelled exactly 3 weeks after I got my visa, November too.I went straight to Airport health to get fit to fly and gave it to my airline

1 hour to land at JFK, I cram all my doctor, hospital name, address, hotel name and address. Every damn thing ooo.

CBP: Passport please
CBP: What food do you have?
ME: Ogbonno, Garri, Stock fish, Iru, Semolina, Wheat meal
CBP: Here is your passport
ME: Thank you.

Note: I was relaxed, confident and smiling all through.

I was surprised and lost, in my mind I was thinking where will they ask me the questions i read on nairaland hmmm. So I saw some naija peeps and asked them where is the place they ask questions. They said for me to be where I am, no more question. I told them they have not stamoed me in ooo. They started laughing at me. They told me to open my passport, then I saw CBP stamped me in for 6 months. WONDER.

I passed the night in Newyork to rest, the next day I continued my journey to Houston on a local flight.

MY MUM

She went for her interview 13 days after I travelled, I already made coloured photocopy of my visa page and date page for her. I told her to go with my birth certificate too, so that they won't say she's not my mum, lol.

VO: Where are you going to in the US:
Mum: Houston, Texas
VO: For what?
Mum: My daughter is pregnant with her first child and has requested I join her to welcome the baby and care for them both. The baby is my first grandchild, I'm excited. I have my daughter Visa and data page here. (Passed it to VO:
My mum categorically told me the VO said
VO: thank you, you made my job easier
VO: When is her due date
Mum: 25th December (same date I said during my interview, train your mum/hubby well)
VO: Hey Christmas baby, so when did your daughter get to the US
Mum: Bleep
VO: Pick your visa in 3 days time

My mum arrived in the evening, I delivered a beautiful baby girl in the morning before her arrival on 23rd December. I collected zero receipt from hospital and doctor after I was discharged before going home.

Went to birth and records to get baby birth certificate after 5 days $23 in Houston
Baby SSN arrived 10 days after I gave birth
Got her passport too and I went to Turkish airline office in Houston to buy baby's ticket $93.
I got to the airport early to request for basinet. It was free.
Paid $190 for visa on arrival time in Nigeria.
I used exactly 8 weeks in the US and returned to Nigeria.

I stayed in a rented apartment, it included feeding and transportation. If you need hospital, doctor, accommodation in Houston, you can send me message. I will be more than ready to give answers.

God help us all.
Cheers (shine teeth)

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 8:31am On May 11, 2018
Hello mamas, please which network is the cheapest in calls to Nigeria and data in Houston?

Leaving tomorrow for Houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 9:34am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=Ebony84 post=67405780]It's not a problem at all. I had the same issue and visa was renewed via dropbox.

My dad has been renewing for the last 6 years and has never travelled on the visas.

Thanks.My previous visas were gotten as a group application,I mean my entire family applied together.Trying to do Dropbox and I heard my application would be seen under d group. I am worried because some things have changed like I am married and my husband is my sponsor not my father.
Can I still do Dropbox even with these variables?
Pls help guys
Please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ann2016: 12:15pm On May 11, 2018
Ronkfash:
Today i was denied. A very sad and disappointing experience.
Hubby and i were very confident we would get visas. Unfortunstely the blonde lady had other plans for us.

I answered most of the questions because hubby was holding our 2 year old son who was fast asleep. All our documents were with me. Neatly filed.

This happened in Lagos, today in the morning. We came into town from PH lastnight and were right on time for the interview.
I wore my best pants and jacket, did my hair and makeup( as advised on here)lol

VO: goodmorning
US: goodmorning. How are you doing today? (Smiles) i passed our passports
Vo. No response
Vo. Where will u be going
Dw. Houston texas
Vo. Why?
Dw. Im pregnant and will be taking my maternity leave to go have my baby ( stole this exact response from here too).
Vo. Nodding.
Dw. By the way i work with xxxx as yyy. However my husband will b sponsoring our trip
Vo. And where do u work? Referring to hubby
Dh. I work as a Bleep in xyz (a well known agency known to pay good money). My husband kept talking. I almost asked him to chill out. My feet were killing me. My killer heels werent helping. Well, he finally did. Lol
Dw. I quickly chipped in. Here are our employment letters.
V.o i wont be needing them
V.o how long have you worked there?(looking at hubby)
Dh. 12 years 5months
I almost told her mine too but i decided to not let oversabi get us in trouble.
V.o which hospital will u be using?
Dw. oakbend medical centre and my doctor is dr F. Here is my doctors correspondence and acceptance letter.
Vo no gree answer. So i offered to show her again. She declined.
Vo. How much will this trip cost?
Dw. Medical bill is 8k and A total of 17k for the entire trip. Would you like to see our budget sheet?
Vo. Ermmmmm.... no
Vo. How long will you be staying?
Dw. 8weeks
Vo: including you? To my husband
Dh. No, my annual leave is 4weeks. so 3weeks is all i can spare.
Vo. And ur son will be with you the entire 8 weeks?
Dw. Yes. Although..... ( she didnt let me finish)
Vo. Im sorry blah blah blah.....next thing blue paper.

Paper says we dont have enough ties. *SHOCKING*

MY Edd is in june, thats next month. Id love to apply for expedited interview. Perhaps ill apply alone. Hope say my husband son job and properties will be enough "ties". Roll eyes.

Please my people. How do i go about this. Please im tired of reading. Dont tell me to read tvrough and search button. I hv been reading for 6 months non stop. I need someone who can pity me and tell me exactly how to go about it. I am very sad oloun. I'm trying to keep it together.

hi dear, I'm in the same boat... Was denied and my edd is in June as well.. Please house, what's the procedure for applying for expedited interview. someone help plssssssss!!!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ann2016: 12:20pm On May 11, 2018
ozycy:

Is this Lagos or Abuja? You can re-apply

was in Lagos. reapplied but so far there is no close date for interview and my edd is in June .. Please house, what's the procedure for applying for expedited interview ? will really appreciate any kind of assistance, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.