Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162554 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ronkfash: 1:53pm On May 11, 2018
I applied for an expedited interview. It was denied. Reason being pregnancy isnt a true emergency.
Except a miraculous earlier date pops up before this month ends......hmmmm.
I have been tracking both lagos and abuja. People are seriously travelling ooooo. No cancellation at all.
Please if anyone comes across an earlier date, kindly notify us. Even if na for middle of the night. smiley Thank u

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 4:53pm On May 11, 2018
Wow!!!

They are really becoming strict with this pregnancy visa. Several people on this platform have gotten expedited appointments based on pregnancy in the past.
Someone's mum even got an appointment cos she needed to travel with her pregnant daughter.
Keep checking both locations night and day, an earlier date would pop up.

I'm also looking for a date for my hubby. Would let you know if I get one.

Ronkfash:
I applied for an expedited interview. It was denied. Reason being pregnancy isnt a true emergency.
I have been tracking both lagos and abuja. People are seriously travelling ooooo. No cancellation at all.
Please if anyone comes across an earlier date, kindly notify us. Even if na for middle of the night. smiley Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ronkfash: 5:32pm On May 11, 2018
Thank you mamaiyanu.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 5:39pm On May 11, 2018
Ok so I have come to type my own transcript. Renewed my visa in Jan via Dropbox a month before expiration and my husband's visa was ready for pick in 7 working days. Mine took 12 working days with plenty tension but alhamdulilah It was renewed too.

So I left nig via air Maroc and I had gone to get fit to fly from my hosp where I paid 10k for medical report , scan n fit to fly. Got to the airport 12am n check in started 3am. It got to my turn n they rejected the one I got from my hosp and told me to go to port health.
She measured my Tommy and started arguing with me that Im 35 weeks as opposed to 33weeks n 5days I mentioned to her. She said she wasn't going to give me the fit to fly that I should go and meet airmaroc to give me since I was arguing with her that it's 8months they stated on their website. I even showed her my scan and eventually made my husband write an undertaken before she gave me the cert after she delayed us for 1hr 30mins.

Came in via JFK and when it got to our turn,

CBP: hello guys
DH and I : hello with a very bright smile
CBP: how long are you guys here for?
DH: we are here for 9 weeks
CBP: oh wow that's a long holiday, u have anyone here?
DH : no we don't , we are here for childbirth
CBP: ok, place your four fingers here for scanning and took a pic of me.
He looked at the passports and told us he was just confirming the details. Stamped us in for 6months
CBP: have a safe delivery
DH and I : Thank you.

I Walked away so fast before one over Sabi officer will see my Tommy n call me back.

No, further info was asked even though I packed everything in excess sef
Went with my zero balance receipts from the previous delivery, leave confirmation, employment letter, I'd card, husband's company docs (form CAC n co) budget sheet, can't even remember the rest. We even called the hosp before we left Nigeria to be sure that there was no bill we didn't know about.

At least I learnt here that it's better to b over prepared than to be found wanting.

Will b going to Chicago tomoro and will be visiting the three hospitals I have in mind before I make a final decision.

Good luck to everyone x...

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 6:39pm On May 11, 2018
[quote author=Violetdaisy post=67464349][/quote]

Pls help guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Latifahed: 11:19pm On May 11, 2018
was in Lagos. reapplied but so far there is no close date for interview and my edd is in June .. Please house, what's the procedure for applying for expedited interview ? will really appreciate any kind of assistance, thanks [Please which dates were available? My edd is 1st week of July. Help pls!! May also be needing same assistance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mercipient615: 11:23pm On May 11, 2018
DonDraper:
Please help me out.. I need more information about the miracle package and Dr xydas email.. Or your budget sheet... I have contacted them and I have not gotten any response.... My email address is odunoyeleke@yqhoo.com

You asked for it so here it is. I hope after eating all that rice and chicken you still have energy to read my long post. grin On a lighter note, it may help speed up your digestion wink

Greetings everyone, firstly I would like to appreciate all the contributors on this forum. Your inputs have been invaluable to me resulting to a seamless missionary journey. It is heartwarming to read posts about members getting visas after the period of visa denials. To those who got theirs I say congratulations and to those who didn’t, work on the feedbacks received and reapply. I look forward to good tidings in 2018. Amen.

This post is to give back to the community I have learnt so much from. It would also be my pleasure to share some tips I got from members offline. Truly, CBPs and VOs read this thread so I would use the opportunity to lend my voice to the discussions on discounts and packages for international self-paying patients. Kindly bear with me if this post is too long, although, I’ve divided it into 3 parts (Pre-trip, Pre-LO Arrival, and The Return Home) to help with that.

PRE-TRIP
Online reviews proved useful in choosing a hospital and an associated OB-GYN among the usual suspects around Houston: WHMC, Oakbend, HNWMC, Methodist Sugarland, Memorial, and Doctores Para Ti etc. Moreover, the right decisions are made when you invest time in reviewing pros and cons of options available to you. I highly recommend this habit. So, look out for my review on the hospital and OB-GYN in subsequent posts. Furthermore, I ensured that I read all the recent POE experiences posted on this thread especially those related to Houston IAH – our POE. In addition, I sent the unnecessary Change of Intent mail and got the usual response. With these knowledge, I armed myself with the advised burden of proof listed below:

1. About $9k cash
2. Return ticket
3. Bank account statements: Naira and Dollar accounts
4. Dollar Debit card
5. Employment letter
6. Correspondence with Houston North-West Medical Centre’s (HNWMC) Financial Counsellor.
7. Correspondence with Dr Xydas’ Office Manager
8. Appointment letter from Dr Xydas’ OM stating total bill
9. Details of HNWMC package for self-pay patients (called Miracle Moments)
10. Marriage certificate
11. Airbnb receipt stating house address in Houston
12. Change of Intent correspondence

I was at 34 weeks when I left Naija with DH aboard an Air France (AF) flight. In-flight service was just ok; the flight crew could have done better by truly giving special treatment to pregnant women as stated on their website. Notwithstanding, the layover was short and we benefited from the Flying Blue Programme so overall the trip was great. While booking my flight I didn’t request for a wheelchair because I am Wonder Woman. LOL. But seriously, I didn’t feel I needed it besides walking is good for you and the baby. Consequently, yours truly strolled the distance from boarding gate to CBP. At Houston IAH, the length of the queues was fair, hence within minutes of joining the queue, it was our turn with CBP. See transcript below (bear in mind encounter was less than 3 minutes):

CBP: Hello
DH: Hi
CBP: Can I have your passports, please?
DH: (Hands over our passports)
CBP: What are you here for? (as he tries to locate DH’s visa page)
DH: We are here for vacation and to give birth to our baby.
CBP: Oh cool! Congratulations! How much do you have with you?
DH: About $9k
CBP: Any food stuffs?... Oh I see you declared some.
DH: Yes, Nigerian food stuffs.
CBP: Please place your fingers on the machine (takes our biometrics and stamps us in for 6 months and directs us to luggage area) Enjoy your stay and all the best.
Me: (Chuckling and wishing him well as DH picks up our passports)

With pleasure, I checked to confirm the stamp so what happen to Okon won’t repeat itself. LOL. I remember someone posted here that CBP forgot to stamp her PP after their encounter therefore I had to double check. Anyway, after picking up our bags, an officer stopped us on our way out and directed us to Agric. At Agric, chicken noodles, chicken flavour Knorr (bird flu issue), tubers of yam (pests transfer issue), and one pepper soup spice (can’t remember the local name) were seized. Fortunately, others scaled through - ground egusi, beans, other pepper soup spices, Knorr, ground pepper, poundo, semo, garri, and ground crayfish. At the airport back home, we got a thumbs up from Nigerian Customs and Immigrations during the baggage search because we used Ziplocs to package food items neatly….. *badt gal*

PRE-TRIP TIPS
1. Register on a travel fare aggregator website for price alerts on your travel dates to your destination of choice. When the price is at or below your budget, hurry up and book. Confirm the airline baggage policy of the cabin and for infants to enable proper planning. What is applicable to Delta Air Lines may not be to Qatar Airways. We fell into that trap. Watch out for Part 3 (The Return Home) of my story.
2. Proximity to the hospital and OB-GYN’s office (for the regular ante-natal and post-natal visits) is very important. It will save you a lot on transportation, time and stress. I’d advise that you stay in an apartment close to these places. If you plan to stay with relatives/friends who reside far, ensure you do your Cost Vs Benefit analysis before making the decision.
3. You may already know this, nevertheless, I’ll drop it here. Travel light so you can have space and weight allowance should you decide to shop. Additionally, you can travel with an XL foldable duffel bag (without rollers) that weigh almost nothing instead of carrying those weighty luggage despite being empty. Bear in mind that most airlines kick against matted woven bags aka Ghana must go.
4. Last but not the least, is the burden of proof. Ensure you have it ready and neatly arranged for your POE. Having it gives you the confidence to face any form of interrogation if the need arises.

MEANINGS OF ABBREVIATIONS FOR PART 6 NEWBIES
FTM – First Time Moms
PP - Passport
LO – Little One
VO – Visa Officer
OB-GYN – Obstetrician-Gynecologist
IAH – Houston George Bush Int’l Airport
CBP – Customs and Border Protection Officer
DS/DD/DH/DW – Dear Son/Daughter/Husband/Wife
MIL/SIL/BIL/FIL – Mother/Sister/Brother/Father In-law
WHMC – West Houston Medical Center

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Latifahed: 11:23pm On May 11, 2018
[Which dates are availabe so far please?]I applied for an expedited interview. It was denied. Reason being pregnancy isnt a true emergency.
Please if anyone comes across an earlier date, kindly notify us. Even if na for middle of the night. smiley Thank u[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 9:26am On May 12, 2018
Abuja is July 30th today. Lagos was September 8th as at last week

Latifahed:
[Which dates are availabe so far please?]I applied for an expedited interview. It was denied. Reason being pregnancy isnt a true emergency.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Latifahed: 1:33pm On May 12, 2018
Chimzy09:
Abuja is July 30th today. Lagos was September 8th as at last week

Oh wow! Guess i am already too late then cry.
Thanks for your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chinemeze17: 6:19pm On May 12, 2018
[quote author=superdoll post=67425589]

Thanks so much. U have been so helpful.
Please how do i book the appointment [/quote

https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/
Use this link and select for either Lagos or abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NayaNdupu: 6:30pm On May 12, 2018
Hello House,
Am new on this forum, renewed my B1 B2 visitors visa last week via drop box. I intend going to Florida (Miramar) to have my baby. This is my first experience on birth tourism. Am in my second trimester. I need advise and hospital/ dr contacts , bill ranges, etc on what I need to know n do. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 8:56pm On May 12, 2018
Hello house,

DW flight was okay. Flew airfrance. She wasn't referred to secondary inspection at Houston POE she was just asked how much she had, she said cash and card and she was told to pay her bills and that was it even all the food she carried nothing seized. Indomie Oriental sef. Nobody stopped her despite declaration.

She's on her way to her accomodation.
Note she collected visa when she was single. We married and went for honey moon found out she was pregnant and she used same visa for birthing.

Thank you house.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ann2016: 10:20pm On May 12, 2018
Latifahed:

was in Lagos. reapplied but so far there is no close date for interview and my edd is in June .. Please house, what's the procedure for applying for expedited interview ? will really appreciate any kind of assistance, thanks [Please which dates were available? My edd is 1st week of July. Help pls!! May also be needing same assistance
19th September in Lagos. Don't know for Abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Latifahed: 11:40pm On May 12, 2018
Ann2016:

19th September in Lagos. Don't know for Abuja
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 4hardey: 7:46am On May 13, 2018
I have learned a lot from this group and I really appreciate. I, my wife and son are planning to travel in August with her 34 weeks pregnancy by then and her visa will be expiring by December 2018 (Just 5 months left & her EDD is 1st week of Sept.), will the CBP allow us to enter at the POE. Kindly advise otherwise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 8:29am On May 13, 2018
You're fine
4hardey:
I have learned a lot from this group and I really appreciate. I, my wife and son are planning to travel in August with her 34 weeks pregnancy by then and her visa will be expiring by December 2018 (Just 5 months left & her EDD is 1st week of Sept.), will the CBP allow us to enter at the POE. Kindly advise otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 9:22am On May 13, 2018
4hardey:

I don't think it's a problem.

However, it also depends on the POE and the CBP officer you meet. Just go with your "burden of proof" and make sure you have enough money (in cash or in cards) for the "business".

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 1:36pm On May 13, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
Wow!!!

They are really becoming strict with this pregnancy visa. Several people on this platform have gotten expedited appointments based on pregnancy in the past.
Someone's mum even got an appointment cos she needed to travel with her pregnant daughter.
Keep checking both locations night and day, an earlier date would pop up.

I'm also looking for a date for my hubby. Would let you know if I get one.

It's not just based on pregnancy, there has to be a strong issue with the pregnancy for it to be granted. Like a high risk pregnancy that requires better health care attention in US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NayaNdupu: 5:44pm On May 13, 2018
Hello House,
Am new on this forum, renewed my B1 B2 visitors visa last week via drop box. I intend going to Florida (Miramar) to have my baby. This is my first experience on birth tourism. Am in my second trimester. I need advise and hospital/ dr contacts , bill ranges, etc on what I need to know n do. Thanks

Awaiting for help please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:39pm On May 13, 2018
Aunty. Please start reading from atleast part 3
NayaNdupu:
Hello House,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:32am On May 14, 2018
Hello Triplek mama, please i sent you a mail, could you please respond. i need more information on the ways to get my documentation fast in new jersey
TripleKMama:
hmmm...seems my guess is valid. I'm following for more experiences.
nawa o.
but my hubby indeed went to the embassy to get ours done but we didn't pay a dime. Maybe some things have changed for real..

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by fola62: 1:16pm On May 14, 2018
NayaNdupu:
Hello House,

You can mail me for some info. Though I had mine in 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuchi101: 1:25pm On May 14, 2018
My experience with my interview today in Abuja. My interview was for 9:30, we were called for verification and after the long long wait it was time for my interview with the VO window 7 a female
VO: good morning
Me : good morning
VO: passport please
VO: why did u apply to go to the us
Me: for child birth
VO: how do you intend to pay your medical fees
Me: my husband will sponsor
VO: how much did u budget for the trip
VO: what does he do for a living
Me
Me:13k 500
Me: xxxxxx
VO: how much does he earn monthly
Me: xxxxxxx
VO: is your husband Travelling with you
Me: No
VO:how long will u be there for
Me: 9 weeks
VO: do u have any family over there
Me : No
VO: have you travelled before
Next thing she started typing for a long time. Mean while there was a Nigerian girl inside with her they kept talking and talking and the next thing she handed me the blue paper. I am so so heartbroken where did I go wrong? Pls family what would I have done differently. She didn’t ask for my statement of account or even doctors correspondence or where I was even going to
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Espresso2: 4:00pm On May 14, 2018
Hi afrobrown, please i need your help in getting a doctors appointment in dallas. Kindly help me out with the details of your doctor( phone number, name and charges etc) i propose arriving dallas in 3 weeks time. SOS urgently

uote author=afrobrown2000 post=65540918]hi NLanders....LO(boy) arrived today at dallas via Dr Esebede mom and baby are doing fine....immediately i tried to schedule an appointment for notary services and its showing the possible closest date to be 22 of march that is too far..wife is coming back by the end of the month.....what will i do to get an earlier date [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 5:37pm On May 14, 2018
[quote author=Violetdaisy post=67464349][/quote]

Pls help guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Austine2020: 7:36pm On May 14, 2018
iwuchi101:
My experience with my interview today in Abuja. My interview was for 9:30, we were called for verification and after the long long wait it was time for my interview with the VO window 7 a female
VO: good morning
Me : good morning
VO: passport please
VO: why did u apply to go to the us
Me: for child birth
VO: how do you intend to pay your medical fees
Me: my husband will sponsor
VO: how much did u budget for the trip
Me
Me:13k 500
Me: xxxxxx
VO: how much does he earn monthly
Me: xxxxxxx
VO: is your husband Travelling with you
VO:how long will u be there for
Me: 9 weeks
VO: do u have any family over there
Me : No
VO: have you travelled before
Next thing she started typing for a long time. Mean while there was a Nigerian girl inside with her they kept talking and talking and the next thing she handed me the blue paper. I am so so heartbroken where did I go wrong? Pls family what would I have done differently. She didn’t ask for my statement of account or even doctors correspondence or where I was even going to
I think u should have been more elaborate in your answers, U gave her direct answers,thats why she didn't ask to see any of your Documents. In the US Embassy,your mouth is your greatest asset,u need to use it well & leave the rest to God or get Denied. Like when she asked if your husband is travelling with u, u should have said No but he might join me later. How much do u budget for this trip, U should have answered 13500Usd & show her your budget sheet, Let her refuse it if she didnt want to see it than u waiting for her to ask u for it & if she accepts to see your Budget sheet,the next thing she will ask u will be,Can i see your statement of Account?. Do u have family there,U should have answered No but i booked a reservation with so so so suites,then he might ask to see the booking u made,. Have u traveled before, No, this will be my first if i am granted Visa. Your interview supposed to be more like conversation than just one word "No" or "Yes". wish u luck in your next interview.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FASTLINK1: 8:17pm On May 14, 2018
Austine2020:
I think u should have been more elaborate in your answers, U gave her direct answers,thats why she didn't ask to see any of your Documents. In the US Embassy,your mouth is your greatest asset,u need to use it well & leave the rest to God or get Denied. Like when she asked if your husband is travelling with u, u should have said No but he might join me later. How much do u budget for this trip, U should have answered 13500Usd & show her your budget sheet, Let her refuse it if she didnt want to see it than u waiting for her ask u for it. Do u have family there,U should have answered No but i booked a reservation with so so so suites,then he might ask to see the booking u made,. Have u traveled before, No, this will be my first if i am granted Visa. Your interview supposed to be more like conversation than just one word "No" or "Yes". wish u luck in your next interview.
You are right,
People should always find a way to pass across their strong evidences, be smart enough to make them know your intention for the Visa is genuine.
She however did nor do too badly, sometimes they just wouldn't want to give.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 8:59pm On May 14, 2018
Hello peeps.

So it appears most New York bound mamas dont use wyckoff anymore since their increase in price. Is there a more reasonably priced hospital anyone can recommend in Ny pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 9:43am On May 15, 2018
Dried vegetables - scent leave, uziza, ugu ,bitter leave,
Ground crayfish
Ground beans flour
Salt
Knorr cube
Ground garri
Ground pepper soup spice
Ground egusi
Powdered curry
Ground dry pepper
Ground Uda and uziza
Ground ogbono
Dried fish
Dried stock fish
Dried beans
Dried rice

The list above is what I’m carrying
Leaving tonight for NY POE
Houston bound
Pls is there anything in this list tha is prohibited or they may likely seize
Pls advise
All are in ziploc and labelled

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TokyoBulls(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2018
Please my DW needs omugwo service in Coppell, Texas. We want an experienced, live-in nurse/midwife/nanny. She must be African, preferably Nigerian. Middle-aged or elderly that can take care of a new mother (post-partum) and the new baby as well as a toddler. Payment can be per week or per month.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 7:16pm On May 15, 2018
Eilenora:
Hello.

Kindly advise on d hosp and doc u eventually used in Ny.

Hello @Maggiespecial.

Kindly advise on d hosp and doc u eventually used in Ny.

shadetwins:

@Maggiespecial please your findings. I will really appreciate it if you could share your findings

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.