Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164762 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 9:06am On Jun 21, 2018
tmd:
Wow Congratulations so happy for you. God would preserve them all.

thank you very much. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Momo13:

Big big congrats! @ feddy27 how did drop box application go?

i appreciate this

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Ilohoffor:
Hey people,

I had my baby a few months ago and came back with so much baby milk as I didn’t want to buy at the outrageous prices here. However, I’ve recently switched my baby to Aptamil. I have loads of similac for sale at a giveaway price. It’s the 30oz (873g)tins and I have about 20. Pls just make me a reasonable offer. I’m in Abuja but I don’t mind sending it down anywhere.

What's the expiry date on these?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2018
adycatus:
Hi gurus in the house, pls my sister have intrrview in lagos in sept with her son, her husband intent applying for his own after they must have gone for the interview if its sucessful cos they went together sometime in April for tourism and was denied.

But this time, she is doing medical visa. The question is because dates are getting far and her EDD is in dec. If the husband apply now, he can get a Nov date as against waiting and applying in sept when available dates might likely be nxt year and baby must have come by then.
What of if the wife's interview isn't sucessful? What will the hubby now say he will be going to US to do as the intension is really going to experince the birth of their new baby.
he can cancel his appointment if her wife wasn't granted. they can plan again much later before the receipt expires and I believe he can still re-schedule much later. maybe by then, all this storm will be over hopefully.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2018
Colouredgirl:
Part 6 already,wow wow..been a while guys
Kudos to everyone

My visa expires July 29th.when is it ok for me to apply for a drop box
anytime till about 10days before it clocks one year after expiration. if you ain't travelling yet, i will advise you hold on cos if you renew immediately and you didn't travel in one year, your one year don go like that grin plus the heat now is too high at the embassy.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Brandagencies:
Hello everyone, I am in Chicago now and I MUST give back. It was a horrible experience but I got in.
I took the BA flight and arrived Chicago for 11;30.
CBP- good morning how are u and why are u here?
Me: good morning , vacation and to birth my baby.
CBP: Stands up to meet another officer, comes aback and says this way ma( secondary things☹️)
After sitting a while a middle aged woman calls me
CBP 2: madam, can I have confirmation that the hospital has accepted to treat u?
Me: stroger doesn’t give correspondence but here is the medical number opened for me it has my dates and my first appointment
CBP: that is not my job. What u have her is crap.
Me: Crap ke? Call first na!!( this point, I was already tired from the long journey)
CBP2: how much do u have
Me: 6900 in cash and 7000 In my wells card
CBP2: Go sit down, I’ll call u later.
Approximately 15mins after, she calls me in with a superior.
CBP: madam, these information u provided are not valid , we are sending u home.
Me: Home? Why? I can pay for these things( I begin analyse bla bla)
CBP: let me have ur phone and it’s password, please sit down.
Another 30mins after
CBP: you read nairaland?
Me: Yes
CBP: that nairaland devices u all, u should ask the us govt ur questions not a bunch of guessers
Me: I did contact the govt on a change of intent.
CBP: well, ure only allowed to birth here if Baby is high risk and ur doctor in Nigeria confirms it and u have an acceptance from a doctor here. You Nigerians just disgust me, coming here to quote what laws u don’t make. You are a burden to our govt. you just want to show off that ur baby has a passport:
Me: trying to defend myself
CBP: shut Up.
At this time, they had gone through all my phone emails and WhatsApp messages. Nothing to mail me with.
She comes back to ask for my contacts number and proceeds to call her. Requesting that my host sends me back because 6400 is not a reasonable fee to pay and I cannot afford it. My host insists that was the self pay package and she would use her insurance to cover if there are emergencies.
Me: very worried, already seeing them process travel docs for other pregnant women who have been turned back,some since yesterday. I had already started crying.
CBP : so madam, u will be going back home let me get approval from my superior.
10 mins later, please go get ur bags we need to check.
Me: with my big belle I run go carry luggage( I had just a cabin size box and a well wrapped ghana must go
CBP: all these clothes are too much ( biko which clothes)
Senior CBP patapata: madam, when was ur visa issued
Me: 2016
SCBP: it wasn’t given to birth
Me: yes, it was for a conference which I attended and I was not pregnant and then.
SCBP: ok ma, I will allow u into the USA but please show receipts on ur way out( she had a passport to junior CBP
Junior CBP: collects my passport and arrogantly stamps me in for 10weeks. Saying if I present a receipt less than 20k dollars on my way out, no visa will be resissued
Me: thank u ma.
CBP: Now very Angry, don’t thank me, looking at u disgusts me, just leave my sight before I puke.
Me: quickly carries my bag.
Moral :
1. It is now illegal to birth in USA if the birth can be handled in Nigeria( they showed me proof of that o)
2. Abort mission if ure using H Stroger.
3. Make sure u tell everyone u chat with that ure coming back
4. Hold cash of all the money u need.
5. Stay far from Ohare.

This is where I drop my pen.

Thank you for this information, would pass across to my friends

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2018
Springdance:

Big hearty triple congratulations, bless the name of the Lord.

thank you. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2018
boldbabe:
In the spirit of giving back, got in thru Atlanta to Houston yesterday. Visa was to expire in March 2018 & I did Dropbox renewal (B2 Medical) for me and hubby In February stating I will stay for two months while hubby stays for two weeks and was successful. Hubby wasn't able to use his expired visa and was still re-issued another visa. To God be the glory.
Flew Delta airline at 36 weeks and no fit to fly was asked. Got into Atlanta & joined the queue.

Please forgive my ignorance at the bolded, but how does one not using an earlier issued visa construe a problem when renewing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2018
ladeonas:

Thank you for this information, would pass across to my friends

Please let's not create undue panic about ORD. People go through O'Hare every day, just a few exceptions shouldn't make the devil's border.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DiObyyy: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
Please is anyone having issues with Visa on arrival for baby?
Applied on Tuesday. Our flight back is on Sunday and no response from Nigerian immigration yet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lajoie33: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
flgd:
Ist visa 2013 used for visit in 2014 and chirldbirth 2015...
2nd visa via dropbox in 2016 used for visit in easter 2018..
Now pregnant and need to renew via dropbox.. should i state just visit as reason for travelling or include childbirth??
Please assist with suggestions.. thanks

Do you plan to give birth in the US? Then say the truth so that you will be set free

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
Did you receive any acknowledgement from them?
DiObyyy:
Hi everyone,
Please is anyone having issues with Visa on arrival for baby?
Applied on Tuesday. Our flight back is on Sunday and no response from Nigerian immigration yet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flgd: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Did you state childbirth in your purpose of travel for the dropbox??

quote author=peng4 post=68631405]Hello everyone.

Awesome job being done here. Please I need your advice oh.

I obtained a visit visa via dropbox while pregnant and used it for visiting twice as well as a conference before using it for childbirth in 2016. After childbirth, I made two subsequent trips to the US with my visa expiring last year. Between ending of last year and April this year, I have made trips to three schengen countries as well as Ethiopia, Kenya and the UK. I recently found out I am pregnant and applied to renew my visa via dropbox seeking a B2 medical visa. I just checked my status now and it read 'administrative processing'.

Gurus in the house please does this mean I have been called or will be called for an interview? Any idea what is possibly going on?

Thank you so much.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by isysleek: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thank you.

Is this 6months wait period confirmed?

ozycy:

I heard there is a 6months wait period now. while she wait, she should apply for Canada cos this US people have no joy right now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by isysleek: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thank you. She has never applied for a US visa. This is her first application.

Can you clarify what you mean by contradicting profile.

Her EDD is end of October so if this new six months rule is true, it means she can't make it.

[quote author=ANIT1 post=68673422][/quote]
Your friend seem to have a good profile in terms of travel history and home ties but another thing that should be checked is this has she previously been denied US visa,and hope she dosent have a contradicting profile. If not she could always reapply maybe the VO wasn’t in a good mood and could be luckier with another VO depending on her EDD cos of the new 6months wait time to reapply. My two cents
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by covbrand(f): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
I applied for my mom a first time traveller and she was denied today.
I gave her a copy of my data and visa page but the vo didn't even look at them.
They just asked her what she does and how many kids does she have, then asked her how old was her last born.
Am travelling in a few weeks and I really need her help, can I reapply immediately and what did she do wrong.
Nb: She just clocked 50.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peng4: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Yes I did. I picked the B2 Medical Visa and used the name of my doctor and his office as my contact in the US while using the apartment I will be staying as my address.

I was frankly scared but I didn't want any POE issues or future renewal problems.

flgd:
Did you state childbirth in your purpose of travel for the dropbox??

quote author=peng4 post=68631405]Hello everyone.

Awesome job being done here. Please I need your advice oh.

I obtained a visit visa via dropbox while pregnant and used it for visiting twice as well as a conference before using it for childbirth in 2016. After childbirth, I made two subsequent trips to the US with my visa expiring last year. Between ending of last year and April this year, I have made trips to three schengen countries as well as Ethiopia, Kenya and the UK. I recently found out I am pregnant and applied to renew my visa via dropbox seeking a B2 medical visa. I just checked my status now and it read 'administrative processing'.

Gurus in the house please does this mean I have been called or will be called for an interview? Any idea what is possibly going on?

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flgd: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hi, so u applied for just b1 visa instead of b1/b2 and how much did you state as cost...,plus was the visa issued??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
isysleek:
Thank you.

Is this 6months wait period confirmed?

yes I confirmed it but I heard here yesterday when some people said its not. maybe it doesnt show up on everybody's page lipsrsealed you can try and see if you'll be asked the denial question while trying to re-apply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peng4: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hi again,

This was a dropbox renewal. I only stated my income.

I applied under the general category of B1/B2 and narrowed it down specifically to B2 Medical Visa.

Yes, my visa was issued.

Have you tried to complete your DS 160 form? Perhaps, You will understand my point better.

flgd:
Hi, so u applied for just b1 visa instead of b1/b2 and how much did you state as cost...,plus was the visa issued??

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boldbabe: 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
overlord77:

Please forgive my ignorance at the bolded, but how does one not using an earlier issued visa construe a problem when renewing?
I have no idea but was scared when we doing the renewal because people said he won’t be given.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
[quote author=isysleek post=68687486]Thank you. She has never applied for a US visa. This is her first application.
Can you clarify what you mean by contradicting profile.
Her EDD is end of October so if this new six months rule is true, it means she can't make it.

I meant contradicting profile if she had previously applied for a US visa cos in most casing people tend to fill a different information from the present one. She can still try to see if she can reapply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Colouredgirl: 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Oh ok..thank you
ozycy:

anytime till about 10days before it clocks one year after expiration. if you ain't travelling yet, i will advise you hold on cos if you renew immediately and you didn't travel in one year, your one year don go like that grin plus the heat now is too high at the embassy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by doyin2me: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello,
Please, I need to send a medical book urgently to Nigeria.
Any1 leaving the US soon ?
Would send the book to your addy.You can open - scrutinise .....
Thank you .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flgd: 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hi.. sent you a mail.. please respond. Thanks

quote author=peng4 post=68688035]Yes I did. I picked the B2 Medical Visa and used the name of my doctor and his office as my contact in the US while using the apartment I will be staying as my address.

I was frankly scared but I didn't want any POE issues or future renewal problems.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello House,
God was so kind, I had my Baby yesterday and we are having fun already grin. However, my husband is about to schedule an appointment for notarial servces at the embassy Abuja. Per the screenshot attached herein, which of the options should he select?
He'll be doing it in Nigeria since he is not here with me, your kind reply is highly needed as dates are fast been taken every minute.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
Viola2017:
Hello House,
God was so kind, I had my Baby yesterday and we are having fun already grin. However, my husband is about to schedule an appointment for notarial servces at the embassy Abuja. Per the screenshot attached herein, which of the options should he select?
He'll be doing it in Nigeria since he is not here with me, your kind reply is highly needed as dates are fast been taken every minute.

The third option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jenyjay: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ilohoffor:
Hey people,

I had my baby a few months ago and came back with so much baby milk as I didn’t want to buy at the outrageous prices here. However, I’ve recently switched my baby to Aptamil. I have loads of similac for sale at a giveaway price. It’s the 30oz (873g)tins and I have about 20, Expiration is from January 2020. Pls just make me a reasonable offer. I’m in Abuja but I don’t mind sending it down anywhere.

Hi, I tried to send u a PM but got an error msg. I am interested.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ilohoffor: 2:16am On Jun 22, 2018
jenyjay:

Hi, I tried to send u a PM but got an error msg. I am interested.

I just sent you a message but I’m not sure it went. You can send me a message at evezbridalng. @. gmail. com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kween2014: 10:49am On Jun 22, 2018
Hello everyone...quick input. Some slots just opened up in August for Lagos US Interview. Please hurry there if you are in search of a closer date. Just about 3 days in August i think. This also applies to people who have been previously refused. All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriousmum: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2018
Hi every one. Good to be here again after a long while

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.