Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163339 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Sheila007:
Hello everyone. Does anyone have accommodation in henrico, Virginia
Please help it’s quite urgent

Any answer to this please �
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 4:00am On Nov 15, 2021
The henrico hospital gives contacts for accommodation options
Sheila007:
Hello everyone. Does anyone have accommodation in henrico, Virginia
Please help it’s quite urgent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cocoxs: 9:48am On Nov 16, 2021
Hi, have you been able to apply for the emergency travel certificate? I am looking to apply for my daughter too and need some guidance on how to proceed. Thanks

patricia23:
Hello People.
Please has anyone applied for emergency travel certificate (ETC) from Nigerian Embassy Atlanta?
If so, can you put me through the process. They don't answer phone calls for enquiries
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chubbyface: 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello house, I applied for emergency interview date for visa but I wasn’t given. Does it mean I should forget about the whole process or what?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by patricia23: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2021
cocoxs:
Hi, have you been able to apply for the emergency travel certificate? I am looking to apply for my daughter too and need some guidance on how to proceed. Thanks

Yes I applied and it took 24hours. I applied at the Nigerian embassy Atlanta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by patricia23: 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
purpleribbon:

I presented my Nigerian passport as ID when I got to CVS. Luckily, the person that attended to me was a Nigerian woman ���. You get the kit and take the samples by yourself.

Hello! Where you able to use the Covid test from CVS for travel to Nigeria? What airline
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by patricia23: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
patricia23:

Hello! Where you able to use the Covid test from CVS for travel to Nigeria? What airline

Goodmorning mamas!
I need confirmation for those that have landed in Nigeria recently, is the CVS Covid test still acceptable and do children under 10 need to Covid test ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
patricia23:

Hi, I used cvs in October.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by patricia23: 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Thanks so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Goldie10: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
patricia23:

Yes I applied and it took 24hours. I applied at the Nigerian embassy Atlanta.

Hello Patricia23, I’m also in Atlanta and trying to apply for the ETC. Did you physically take the documents from their website for submission to the embassy or you mailed it? Would appreciate your guidance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Quick question please, did you fly direct or stopped over in any country in Europe? My family and I are flying and I am not sure which test to do. The rapid PCR test is expensive. Like $150 and there’s 5 of us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
MamaOO:

Quick question please, did you fly direct or stopped over in any country in Europe? My family and I are flying and I am not sure which test to do. The rapid PCR test is expensive. Like $150 and there’s 5 of us.
I flew delta . Lagos-ATL-IAH
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by patricia23: 6:25am On Nov 21, 2021
Goldie10:

Hello Patricia23, I’m also in Atlanta and trying to apply for the ETC. Did you physically take the documents from their website for submission to the embassy or you mailed it? Would appreciate your guidance.

I took the documents there just before 12 noon and I picked it up the next day.
Remember to notarize the consent letter, or u can do it at the building next to the embassy for $10
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 7:17am On Nov 21, 2021
Please whats it like obtaining US passport? Timeline and all.

Thanks
patricia23:

Remember to notarize the consent letter, or u can do it at the building next to the embassy for $10
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Goldie10: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
patricia23:

Thank you so much. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gosina: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
Goldie10:

Hello Goldie10, please how did you go about your baby’s us passport? I am in atlanta too and I called the passport office in peachtree Avenue they said the closest opening they have is In Hawaii or Losangeles.

Did you use expedited services? How long did it take? Which passport office did you go to?

Please help . I intend to leave here by 1st December, next week Wednesday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Goldie10: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Gosina:

Hello Goldie10, please how did you go about your baby’s us passport? I am in atlanta too and I called the passport office in peachtree Avenue they said the closest opening they have is In Hawaii or Losangeles.

Did you use expedited services? How long did it take? Which passport office did you go to?

Please help . I intend to leave here by 1st December, next week Wednesday.

Hi Gosina,

You need to first book a ticket for the baby for the day you intend to fly. Then call the passport office on 1-877-487-2778 . They will ask if you have an emergency travel and ask for the ticket reference and date. Your appointment date can only be issued within 3 days of your intended travel except you need to apply for a visa after securing the passport. In this case, they can give an appointment date within a week of intended travel.

However if they already mentioned there isnt any date available before 1st december in ATL then you need to move your ticket forward and try and call to book another appointment. In addition, you dont need the passport to travel back to Nigeria. You can use ETC (Emergency Travel Certificate ) and you apply for baby's passport in US embassy in Nigeria upon your return..

Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by koko83: 1:21am On Nov 25, 2021
Pls house, I just renewed my us visa. I applied for b1/b2 visa. I want to go for my best friend dad funeral. My visa was approved and only for to pick up, I saw my visa category is just B1 on my passport.

My question is shld Incase I want to do birthing later on,can I use just B1 visa for birthing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 1:26am On Nov 25, 2021
Even though I didn't ask this question but it was helpful.

I have been wondering if its possible to obtain the first passport in Nigeria and what the requirements are.

I heard that public notary may not be acceptable for the non-present parent consent (Ds-3053) form and the next available date to get it notarised at the US embassy is December 22. So just trying to figure out the best options.

Has anyone successfully used a public notary to notarise the consent form in recent times?

Regards,
Goldie10:

Hi Gosina,

You need to first book a ticket for the baby for the day you intend to fly. Then call the passport office on 1-877-487-2778 . They will ask if you have an emergency travel and ask for the ticket reference and date. Your appointment date can only be issued within 3 days of your intended travel except you need to apply for a visa after securing the passport. In this case, they can give an appointment date within a week of intended travel.

However if they already mentioned there isnt any date available before 1st december in ATL then you need to move your ticket forward and try and call to book another appointment. In addition, you dont need the passport to travel back to Nigeria. You can use ETC (Emergency Travel Certificate ) and you apply for baby's passport in US embassy in Nigeria upon your return..

Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zmoney: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2021
Hi, please how were you able to get an appointment date?

koko83:
Pls house, I just renewed my us visa. I applied for b1/b2 visa. I want to go for my best friend dad funeral. My visa was approved and only for to pick up, I saw my visa category is just B1 on my passport.

My question is shld Incase I want to do birthing later on,can I use just B1 visa for birthing

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by rozeybid: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
Chubbyface:
Hello house..finally got a letter from Doctor Z, would be using west Houston medical center..plz does anyone have accommodations info around there. Would be glad.
Thanks
Have you gotten accommodation yet ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Please any contacts on how to get Emergency travel certificate for someone in a state with no Nigerian Embassy. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chubbyface: 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2021
rozeybid:

Have you gotten accommodation yet ?
Yeaa I did, but was denied an emergency date for visa interview. #sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
Chubbyface:

Yeaa I did, but was denied an emergency date for visa interview. #sad
Awww e-hugs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blossom101: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good day guys. Please I have been trying to add my hubby on my u.s appointment schedule as I will be the main applicant cos I have u.s travel history but I keep getting "operations with inactive user"

Please any advice on how to go about this issue?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good morning mommies and daddies. Im in a bind and I hope someone can help. I applied for an ETC for my daughter at the US Embassy in Washington since last week. The documents were actually delivered last Wednesday. I haven’t heard anything back, infact I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach them on the phone. Does anybody have an idea how to reach them or what the workaround might be? Our flight is next week. I’d really appreciate any pointers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gottigoodgood: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
Where did you have your baby and which port was this?

Sheila007:
Thanks to all the advice I got here, i had a successful port of entry , I want to drop my experience so others can learn…
Thank God I didn’t lie, I am 34 weeks gone
Cbp: what are you here for?
Me: to have my baby
CBp: oh that ok?? You have other children?
Me: yes, one
Cbp: I would lik to see the receipt from your last child birth
Me: I don’t have it here, he wasn’t born here in America
Cbp: ok, well giving birth here in usa isn’t illegal we just get irritated wen people don’t pay their bills, how much do u have and who’s sponsoring?
Me: …… amount in cash and …. Amount in card
Cbp: is your husband coming ?
Me: no busy with work
Cbp: I see you were here in June… what for?
Me: funeral
Cbp: how long do you intend staying?
Me: I have a return ticket for March 2023 , I would like to be given 6 months, but if I and my baby are fit to fly before then , I would definitely leave
CBp: stamps passport for 6 months***
Make sure you come with all your payment receipts when next you are entering the USA

Port of entry: international airport dulles
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 1:30am On Dec 02, 2021
Please how can I obtaın a Nıgerıan vısa for my newborn son? I was just ınformed that the Nıgerıan embassy ın New York ıs currently not ıssuıng Nıgerıan Vısa and our travel date ıs approachıng? Does anyone have a genuıne contact?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 1:42am On Dec 02, 2021
I obtaıned a US passport for my son. Can he travel wıthout a vısa? Or obtaın vısa on arrıval. Wıll I be allowed to travel from the US wıth hım?We are goıng wıth Turkısh Aırlıne

Goldie10:

Hi Gosina,

Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.