Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163384 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aisha90: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hello ,please how are people getting interview dates that are close?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
drgerapink:
Visa on arrival is issued to infants that have Nigerian parents.You can check the requirements on the immigration page. Gather the required documents and send an email. Its usually approved within 48hrs(used an agent). Once approved, you will be sent an approval letter which you will show the airline and the child's passport will be stamped on arrival.

Thank you for this. How much was the total cost just in case I do not get my kids's Nigerian passport early so I'll just consider this option
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Sheila007:
Hello everyone, does anyone know how long it take to get baby birth certificate in Virginia nd how long?? Also can it be expedited?? If yes how do one go about it?

For Baltimore MD, it's 7-14days. You can expedited it if you want. You can start by applying for Virginia.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
Lawode:
Good morning, I know this might be a relief for someone out there as I also looked everywhere for it. We had our kids in the US on a medical visa. I went for a B1/B2 interview sometimes last week with my husband. We compiled all the documents that may be useful (receipts and zero balance) and prayed to God for favour. The interviewer did not touch on the births until we mentioned it ( this could have been a trap) and no further questions were asked about receipts. We discussed the reason for the trip and he wanted to know if my husband was sponsoring, which he confirmed ( husband earns six figures ) and that was it. We got an approval! The only thing I know we did was prayers and faith in God.

Congratulations!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ckcnivek: 1:01am On Dec 17, 2021
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sheila007:

I don’t know if she can get an interview date before then but you can try the earlier the better, I would advice you to read this thread right from the beginning far back as 2014 even before , you would get all your answers, you would want to consider where you have families and friends in usa to cut cost , you also need a hospital bill and doctor appointment to go to the interview with, also proof that you can pay all your bills
If usa doesn’t work and you are considering citizenship you have options of Brazil, canada,Barbados…
You can get names of good hospitals from this thread , check on google and contact them to send you a bill for self pay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Lawode:
Good morning, I know this might be a relief for someone out there as I also looked everywhere for it. We had our kids in the US on a medical visa. I went for a B1/B2 interview sometimes last week with my husband. We compiled all the documents that may be useful (receipts and zero balance) and prayed to God for favour. The interviewer did not touch on the births until we mentioned it ( this could have been a trap) and no further questions were asked about receipts. We discussed the reason for the trip and he wanted to know if my husband was sponsoring,
which he confirmed ( husband earns six figures ) and that was it. We got an approval! The only thing I know we did was prayers and faith in God.

Congratulations ���
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 2:39am On Dec 19, 2021
I am responding to this based on my recent experience. The photocopy of the consent letter was not accepted in the state I am in even though it was accepted in another state. So my advice now will be to submit the original copy of the consent letter.
pointednose:
You mean for the US passport right?

Someone did that (printed out emailed copy) and it was accepted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by enidot: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2021
Sheila007:
Hello everyone, does anyone know how long it take to get baby birth certificate in Virginia nd how long?? Also can it be expedited?? If yes how do one go about it?

Had my baby in VA , it took almost 2 months. Social Security is almost immediately but BC takes forever
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
enidot:

Had my baby in VA , it took almost 2 months. Social Security is almost immediately but BC takes forever

Thank you… was the social security mailed to you or you picked up, and did you have to walk in to get the bc??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
How much does emergency travel document cost?? Someone told me 500 dollars?? How true?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 3:07am On Dec 24, 2021
Sheila007:
How much does emergency travel document cost?? Someone told me 500 dollars?? How true?
It’s $150 paid via money order.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 24, 2021
MamaOO:

It’s $150 paid via money order.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
How do i get a close date. Paid for visa since march maybe i have not followed up to get a date now i feel desperate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
beautyuche:
How do i get a close date. Paid for visa since march maybe i have not followed up to get a date now i feel desperate.
You can keep checking for closer date. If your case is anything related to a medical emergency, you can request for an expedited appointment.

Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
Goodday,
I sent a private message kindly respond.

UmmZayd:

You can keep checking for closer date. If your case is anything related to a medical emergency, you can request for an expedited appointment.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Good day everyone.
I'm traveling to Nigeria. Please do I need to take covid test if I'm fully vaccinated?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
Please how long does the result take?

purpleribbon:

Yes yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2022
olamie:
Please how long does the result take?

24 hours

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by morganchimex: 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2022
Yes U need to do COVID test weather vaccinated or not. My bro inlaw learnt the hard way last August and ended up paying $250 for an emergency one hour COVID test at Dallas airport enroute to Nigeria and still missed his flight at the end.
olamie:
Good day everyone.
I'm traveling to Nigeria. Please do I need to take covid test if I'm fully vaccinated?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 1:16am On Jan 09, 2022
olamie:
Good day everyone.
Yeah. Plus you need to fill the ncdc form too. The amount you pay for that depends on the state you choose. E.g Edo state= 40k, Abuja = 79k etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LilMrsO: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2022
Please can anyone help with a contact for processing baby’s ETC , and how to go about it, i have searched the website but havnt foind anything to aid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by enidot: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2022
Sheila007:

Thank you… was the social security mailed to you or you picked up, and did you have to walk in to get the bc??

Mailed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmeliaT: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2022
Hi @Njidekachi,

Kindly check your DM.

njidekachi:
Pls do visa on arrival for your son and save your self the stress

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LilMrsO: 6:03am On Jan 13, 2022
Pls i need urgent assistance in ETC processing.. if anyone can help with a contact or how to go about it, i would be very grateful

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmeliaT: 9:51am On Jan 13, 2022
Hello @njidekachi, please can you follow me so you can see the DM? Thank you

njidekachi:
ok

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmeliaT: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hi Njideka,

I didn't get a response, unfortunately. Where did you send this? It's about the dates you said you had. I would like to know if you still have some, please.

Thanks,

njidekachi:
ive seen ur email and ive responded too.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
I just got mine too. It's very easy and straightforward, you don't need an agent and you don't have to go there.
Follow the instruction in this link, fill out the form on page 2 and submit to the consulate. They will process and mail back to you before your travel date.
https://www.nigeriahouse.com/documents/TravelCert.pdf

LilMrsO:
Pls i need urgent assistance in ETC processing.. if anyone can help with a contact or how to go about it, i would be very grateful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moda1: 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
My sister is going to give birth in canada . She has visa and ticket is ready. Airline of choice is British airways .
Pls what is she expected to have handy before boarding the flight . Is there any requirements from British airways? Pls enlighten me . Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
Moda1:
My sister is going to give birth in canada . She has visa and ticket is ready. Airline of choice is British airways .
Pls what is she expected to have handy before boarding the flight . Is there any requirements from British airways? Pls enlighten me . Thanks

She can check with the airline for the requirements and also check the country's Covid requirements too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moda1: 9:12pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ok dear . Thanks
I was hoping get the British airways pregnancy week that her fit to fly from her doctor should be . She will be 34 weeks by the time she is traveling. What do u think
UmmZayd:

She can check with the airline for the requirements and also check the country's Covid requirements too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.