Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,044 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163460 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Goldie10: 2:16am On Dec 02, 2021
You need Emergency Travel Certificate or a Nigerian visa for him to fly into Nigeria without a nigerian passport. I'll recommend you get the ETC, as Visa on arrival unfortunately has been stopped for nigerians. If you are in a city with a Nigerian embassy then you can go there with the required documents as that is the case in ATL. Not sure the city you're in, but if its New York here's the requirement. You are expected to send the documents via mail - https://www.nigeriahouse.com/documents/TravelCert.pdf (for New York).

olamie:
I obtaıned a US passport for my son. Can he travel wıthout a vısa? Or obtaın vısa on arrıval. Wıll I be allowed to travel from the US wıth hım?We are goıng wıth Turkısh Aırlıne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 3:22am On Dec 02, 2021
Thank you so much. I really appreciate.

Goldie10:
You need Emergency Travel Certificate or a Nigerian visa for him to fly into Nigeria without a nigerian passport. I'll recommend you get the ETC, as Visa on arrival unfortunately has been stopped for nigerians. If you are in a city with a Nigerian embassy then you can go there with the required documents as that is the case in ATL. Not sure the city you're in, but if its New York here's the requirement. You are expected to send the documents via mail - https://www.nigeriahouse.com/documents/TravelCert.pdf (for New York).

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
patricia23:

Hello! Where you able to use the Covid test from CVS for travel to Nigeria? What airline

Yes yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
There was a message about entering the US the month your visa is expiring. I can’t seem to find it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
Thank you once again.
Do I need to go through an agent to hasten the process or monitor it if need be? I'm in California and I believe NY is the closest to me.
Goldie10:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lochinny:
Hi guys! Wanted to give my POE experience coz I’ve learnt a lot here and I believe mine would help someone. Sometime in March I told you guys about having a visa that’ll expire in May and that I was thinking of using it to give birth. I was encouraged most especially by @debbieeeeee
and @pointednose to go ahead.. and I actually did.

So here’s my experience:
I traveled with my Child which I gave birth to with the same visa 2 years ago. It wasn’t an easy journey. Went with Qatar airways. (One of the best airline I must say, just that the journey was quite long)
My POE was JFK which I used the previous time. When I got there, I was directed to join the citizens line because of my child. While on the line, a lady saw me and asked me to come forward (obviously a helper from God plus she saw I was pregnant and carrying a child) mind you, I didn’t try to cover it my pregnancy. did same 2 years ago infact I was almost due when I traveled the last time.
So back to my story, I met the POE officer who asked for my passport, he collected my child’s own and asked what I’m here for, I told him to have my 2nd baby. He looked at the computer for a while without saying a word to me, then stamped my child’s passport. Then he collected mine and asked where I was going to stay and asked for how long. I told him the town I was staying and I’m looking at 3months Or more. He now asked if I came with any food stuffs and I told him just spices, he now asked to see my face and I removed my face mask. He then stamped my passport 6 months and said have a nice stay.

From this, I can tell you two things
1) prayer is the key. I and my husband prayed seriously for a smooth Poe. Even told my pastor

2) Be truthful. Just say the truth to them. I learnt it here that being honest pays so when I traveled to have my first child, I told them exactly the same thing, (then I was obviously pregnant so I couldn’t even dare lying) and it was an easy Poe and I used the same JFK.
After hearing people say that 2nd time is always tougher, I got scared and people advised me to cover up since my pregnancy isn’t that obvious but I still couldn’t see myself doing it. I just said what will be will be. I made sure I was with every single receipt from the first one and a letter from the hospital showing I didn’t collect any Medicaid from them. Still they didn’t ask of anything..

These people appreciate honesty and I think if we keep being honest, they’ll start seeing Nigerians in a good way.

Thanks @Debbieeeeee and @PointedNose for the encouragement.

Hi mama!
Please how many months before your visa expiry did you travel?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Goldie10: 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
olamie:
Thank you once again.
Do I need to go through an agent to hasten the process or monitor it if need be? I'm in California and I believe NY is the closest to me.

I can’t say tbh because I didn’t use an agent or mail my documents but it also depends on how long the timeline for both would take I guess and the urgency of your travel. Someone posted earlier that she was waiting for hers to be mailed to her, not sure her location.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drgerapink: 2:37am On Dec 03, 2021
If you can't get an appointment at usa embassy to notarize consent form, you can use the online usa public notary..its quick and easy(that is what I used and I have my baby's passport approved). It costs 75 dollars and done via a zoom call.
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links here.
Just send ne a mail and I can share the link.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drgerapink: 2:42am On Dec 03, 2021
Visa on arrival is issued to infants that have Nigerian parents.You can check the requirements on the immigration page. Gather the required documents and send an email. Its usually approved within 48hrs(used an agent). Once approved, you will be sent an approval letter which you will show the airline and the child's passport will be stamped on arrival.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by passionantchica: 3:00am On Dec 03, 2021
You’ll need to call their Customer service. They’ll add him on their end, over the phone. I had the same issue.

blossom101:
Good day guys. Please I have been trying to add my hubby on my u.s appointment schedule as I will be the main applicant cos I have u.s travel history but I keep getting "operations with inactive user"

Please any advice on how to go about this issue?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please what's the link to the immigration page. I tried applying but it says Visa on arrival is not available to children under 18. Which agent did you use. Please help a sister.
Thanks

drgerapink:
Visa on arrival is issued to infants that have Nigerian parents.You can check the requirements on the immigration page. Gather the required documents and send an email. Its usually approved within 48hrs(used an agent). Once approved, you will be sent an approval letter which you will show the airline and the child's passport will be stamped on arrival.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Gottigoodgood post=108124019]Where did you have your baby and which port was this?
International airport Dulles
Not had my baby yet, due soon

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 11:44am On Dec 05, 2021
Please I will send you a mail.

Thanks
drgerapink:
If you can't get an appointment at usa embassy to notarize consent form, you can use the online usa public notary..its quick and easy(that is what I used and I have my baby's passport approved). It costs 75 dollars and done via a zoom call.
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links here.
Just send ne a mail and I can share the link.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Hello everyone, does anyone know how long it take to get baby birth certificate in Virginia nd how long?? Also can it be expedited?? If yes how do one go about it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drgerapink: 10:27am On Dec 07, 2021
I'm not in virginia but birth certificates are usually ready in about one week..The hospital should have given you format on how to apply online..you can apply for same day processing and pickup..expedite fee is 15 dollars..its usually available in 24hours.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gentleman07: 11:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hello Everyone, I was introduced to this particular thread today. I will sincerely appreciate all advice and guidance wholeheartedly.
My wife is in her trimester, she should be due around July by Gods grace. I’m interested in the US birth tourism for her. I have relatives / siblings over there but I want to do everything by myself from here. I have some worries and questions,
1 - is it still possible to start the whole processing right now considering she will be due in about 7 months, is that enough time amidst all the recent travel restrictions.
2 - is the US embassy still processing such visa and is it likely to get interview dates before she’s due.
Thanks for your feedbacks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ckcnivek: 3:56am On Dec 08, 2021
Gentleman07:
Hello Everyone, I was introduced to this particular thread today. I will sincerely appreciate all advice and guidance wholeheartedly.
My wife is in her trimester, she should be due around July by Gods grace. I’m interested in the US birth tourism for her. I have relatives / siblings over there but I want to do everything by myself from here. I have some worries and questions,
1 - is it still possible to start the whole processing right now considering she will be due in about 7 months, is that enough time amidst all the recent travel restrictions.
2 - is the US embassy still processing such visa and is it likely to get interview dates before she’s due.
Thanks for your feedbacks

Good morning everyone,

I would also need all the information I can get on child birth tourism. However, I don't have anyone in the US.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 11:04am On Dec 08, 2021
Hello people,
Is it possible to cancel/withdraw an existing application and start a fresh one by making another visa fee payment?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by njidekachi: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Pls do visa on arrival for your son and save your self the stress

olamie:
I obtaıned a US passport for my son. Can he travel wıthout a vısa? Or obtaın vısa on arrıval. Wıll I be allowed to travel from the US wıth hım?We are goıng wıth Turkısh Aırlıne

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 09, 2021
ckcnivek:

Good morning everyone,

I would also need all the information I can get on child birth tourism. However, I don't have anyone in the US.

Thanks
I don’t know if she can get an interview date before then but you can try the earlier the better, I would advice you to read this thread right from the beginning far back as 2014 even before , you would get all your answers, you would want to consider where you have families and friends in usa to cut cost , you also need a hospital bill and doctor appointment to go to the interview with, also proof that you can pay all your bills
If usa doesn’t work and you are considering citizenship you have options of Brazil, canada,Barbados…
You can get names of good hospitals from this thread , check on google and contact them to send you a bill for self pay.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2021
Hello everyone, Can the notary form for applying for baby passport in the absence of one parent be sent to my email so I can print here in the USA or the original copy has to be sent all the way?? Please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
Just send to your partner electronically, he will print and have it notarized. Exactly what I did. My husband mailed me the notarized copy through UPS.

Sheila007:
Hello everyone, Can the notary form for applying for baby passport in the absence of one parent be sent to my email so I can print here in the USA or the original copy has to be sent all the way?? Please help

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
I think I need approval to travel before we leave the US. I tried applying but the site says not applicable for under 18 years old

njidekachi:
Pls do visa on arrival for your son and save your self the stress

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good day.
I'm in California and I just submitted the required documents but did not notarize the consent letter. What's the implication of that?
patricia23:

I took the documents there just before 12 noon and I picked it up the next day.
Remember to notarize the consent letter, or u can do it at the building next to the embassy for $10
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pointednose: 5:27am On Dec 13, 2021
You mean for the US passport right?

Someone did that (printed out emailed copy) and it was accepted.
Sheila007:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lawode: 7:01am On Dec 13, 2021
Good morning, I know this might be a relief for someone out there as I also looked everywhere for it. We had our kids in the US on a medical visa. I went for a B1/B2 interview sometimes last week with my husband. We compiled all the documents that may be useful (receipts and zero balance) and prayed to God for favour. The interviewer did not touch on the births until we mentioned it ( this could have been a trap) and no further questions were asked about receipts. We discussed the reason for the trip and he wanted to know if my husband was sponsoring, which he confirmed ( husband earns six figures ) and that was it. We got an approval! The only thing I know we did was prayers and faith in God.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2021
Lawode:
Good morning, I know this might be a relief for someone out there as I also looked everywhere for it. We had our kids in the US on a medical visa. I went for a B1/B2 interview sometimes last week with my husband. We compiled all the documents that may be useful (receipts and zero balance) and prayed to God for favour. The interviewer did not touch on the births until we mentioned it ( this could have been a trap) and no further questions were asked about receipts. We discussed the reason for the trip and he wanted to know if my husband was sponsoring, which he confirmed ( husband earns six figures ) and that was it. We got an approval! The only thing I know we did was prayers and faith in God.
Congratulations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by earthrealm(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2021
Lawode:

Wow, great news.
This last visa interview, was it for childbirth again...or just visit?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lawode: 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
Just visit/vacation

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
patricia23:

Hello! Where you able to use the Covid test from CVS for travel to Nigeria? What airline

Yeah, Qatar
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kennyliza: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
Lawode:

Congratulations Lawode!! ..This is truly a relief ......our interview is in 2 months time....Can you remember what questions the VO asked? Did you mention to the VO that the Visa is for vacation or childbirth? ..sorry for the plenty questions..just a bit nervous
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lawode: 12:22am On Dec 15, 2021
kennyliza:

Just the basic questions about purpose of traveling and all. She ( the interviewer) mentioned i stayed longer than my husband and wanted to know why, so we mentioned the childbirth. She also wanted to know if we will be using medical services this time around and we said no as the purpose of this trip is vacation.

The current renewal is not for birthing.
Congratulations Lawode!! ..This is truly a relief ......our interview is in 2 months time....Can you remember what questions the VO asked? Did you mention to the VO that the Visa is for vacation or childbirth? ..sorry for the plenty questions..just a bit nervous

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.