Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1169449 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
Moda1:
Ok dear . Thanks
I was hoping get the British airways pregnancy week that her fit to fly from her doctor should be . She will be 34 weeks by the time she is traveling. What do u think

34wks is not bad. Let her just make sure to travel light and create enough leg room for herself while onboard. Yes a note of fitness from her doctor will be fine just in case. The most important thing is the Covid requirements
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moda1: 12:25am On Jan 21, 2022
Thanks dear
UmmZayd:

34wks is not bad. Let her just make sure to travel light and create enough leg room for herself while onboard. Yes a note of fitness from her doctor will be fine just in case. The most important thing is the Covid requirements

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by goddessfil: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2022
I have been checking online and the travel site says non US citizen needs to be fully vaccinated. Are pregnant women excluded as most of the centers I’ve been going to all say I can’t get vaccinated while pregnant. Will I be able to travel with just a negative covid test and my green passport?

UmmZayd:

[quote author=UmmZayd post=109549801]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
goddessfil:
I have been checking online and the travel site says non US citizen needs to be fully vaccinated. Are pregnant women excluded as most of the centers I’ve been going to all say I can’t get vaccinated while pregnant. Will I be able to travel with just a negative covid test and my green passport?

Well that's new. Although in the US, they have approved the vaccine for pregnant women. You may have to get a Covid test done at least and maybe a letter or something stating the refusal for the vaccination. I really can't say but I just hope the allow pregnant women to fly with a negative Covid test since they are not allowed to take the vaccine.
However some of my friends that travelled recently were not asked for the vaccination just a negative test but who never can tell. Check with the airline too.

Best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
Visa Update!!!

Renewal Abuja
21st January 2022
9am

Got to the embassy at 8’40am with my son, was directed to window 10 for document checks, then went back in line. There were 3 VO’s (2 male and a female) the guy on window 7 only calls F1 applicants.

Got to my turn (Window 9)
Tall white male

VO: Hello Goodmorning
Me: Hi Goodmorning
VO: Passport please, place 4 fingers on ……
(Dropped my son and did exactly as told)
VO: Ermm, you’ve got to do it again
(Me, God Abeg oooo)
VO: okay all good!
Me: Thanks
VO: So where are you going to?
Me: I’m going on a vacation with my son to LA for the Easter hols
VO: Have you been to LA before?
Me: Yes I had my son in LA 2018
VO: okay, what do you do?
Me: briefly explained my job position and what my company does
VO: Is your husband going with you?
Me: oh not at all, he’ll be here working
VO: Okay all looks good, passes the white paper, pickup your passport from the location you indicated
Me: Thanks
My son: Are we done mummy?
Myself and VO: YES
Both laughed and I left

God is faithful!
Overly Faithful!

Thank you all for this thread and for everyone going for renewals I wish you guys all the best.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by koko83: 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2022
koko83:
Pls house, I just renewed my us visa. I applied for b1/b2 visa. I want to go for my best friend dad funeral. My visa was approved and only for to pick up, I saw my visa category is just B1 on my passport.

My question is shld Incase I want to do birthing later on,can I use just B1 visa for birthing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=koko83 post=109572588][/quote]

B2 -is medicals.
B1 -Business Trips

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by koko83: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=Sheila007 post=106688182][/quote]please what visa category did they give u?

I also applied for b1/b2 for a funeral but my passport was stamped B1. Just found out am pregnant. Can i use b1 visa for birthing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=koko83 post=109574876]please what visa category did they give u?

B1/B2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kennyliza: 6:57am On Jan 22, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, I would appreciate it so much if someone can clarify if I need to update my ds-160 form since February last year that I filled it that I was going for vacation in Dec 2021. And now I will going for my interview next month and will tell the VO that I am using it to go my sister graduation in May this year. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by koko83: 7:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Oke2017:

Yes I am aware. Looking for someone in a similar situation. Am sure there are similiar cases just that most people dnt check their visa after approval

B2 -is medicals.
B1 -Business Trips
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
kennyliza:
Hello Nairalanders, I would appreciate it so much if someone can clarify if I need to update my ds-160 form since February last year that I filled it that I was going for vacation in Dec 2021. And now I will going for my interview next month and will tell the VO that I am using it to go my sister graduation in May this year. Thank you

Yes you can update it. Current job, intended date of travel etc. As long as it's 72hrs before interview date

Best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iamyemmie: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Is U.S.A still giving people visa to give birth there

And do they deny pregnant women visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Is U.S.A still giving people visa to give birth there

And do they deny pregnant women visa

You wouldn't know unless you apply.
Best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kennyliza: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes you can update it. Current job, intended date of travel etc. As long as it's 72hrs before interview date

Best of luck

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Coriander45351: 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
njidekachi:
Pls do visa on arrival for your son and save your self the stress

Hi Njidekachi, i have some questions for you about this V.O.A. I'm trying to private chat you about them. Please accept my message invitation so we can talk.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by njidekachi: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
have that already ma'am

Coriander45351:

Hi Njidekachi, i have some questions for you about this V.O.A. I'm trying to private chat you about them. Please accept my message invitation so we can talk.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lyndaayo: 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2022
njidekachi:
have that already ma'am

please accept my mail..I want to talk to you about date
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2022
njidekachi:
have that already ma'am

Hi, kindly accept my email, it's regarding dates.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerbliss: 12:11am On Jan 29, 2022
Hello nairalanders, I gave birth to my son in the USA in 2018, I recently found out my mother in law( who is a citizen) has been claiming my son as a dependent when filing for taxes using his ssn
Please does anyone know the implications of this ?? Would it affect me or my child in the future ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 1:02am On Jan 29, 2022
Summerbliss:
Hello nairalanders, I gave birth to my son in the USA in 2018, I recently found out my mother in law( who is a citizen) has been claiming my son as a dependent when filing for taxes using his ssn
Please does anyone know the implications of this ?? Would it affect me or my child in the future ?

You should report this immediately if you know nothing about it. And how did she get to have your son's SSN??
Read more about it here.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayer-guide-to-identity-theft

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-theft-dependents
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
please how did you find out?, i'm suspecting my jncle i lived with when i went in 3016 to give birth to my son

Please does anyone know the implications of this ?? Would it affect me or my child in the future ?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Docduc: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
In the Spirit of Giving Back:
i had my kids in 2014 and 2016 respectively... my visa expired in 2018 and never had the urge of renewing couple with the fact that i saw a lot of folks get refused.... 2020 i booked my appointment and i got my first date cancelled due to the pandemic, i completely lost the urge till i discovered i was pregnant and i tried rebooking and got date june 2023. I applied for medical emergency due to the fact that all my pregnancy were high risk and they had to be managed and i got approved.

Our Appointment time was 6:30am....
I was with my DH for my interview:
First was the queue for biometrics then we were directed to join the interview queue...
My DH asked i bring out all our passport. I was like why? he said please give them to me.

Interview::

Vo: Hello
DH & I: Good Morning
VO: So many passports
DH&I: Smiled
VO: Bring them all
VO: Are these all for both of you
DH: Yes they are
VO: why do you want to go to the US?
DH: For Medicals, My wife is pregnant and we would like to give birth in the same hospital we had our previous kids
VO: Why not here in Nigeria
DH: Wife lost a pregnancy once and thats an experience we wont want to take the risk
DH: Since we can afford it.
VO: Kept typing
VO: Where is your Medical appointment?
myself: We uploaded all our documents, its in what we uploaded
VO: Sorry i cant see anything you have uploaded....
For my mind im like...Yepaaa wahala....
DH: He checked and could not find it in our document.....I did not bring that, its in the car
VO: Lets keep talking
DH: My Communication with the hospital and doctor is over mychat hospital app
VO: So what do you do?
DH: I'm an Engineer by profession, I own a Bla bla bla company and bla bla bla
VO: How much do you earn?
DH: XXXXXXXX and i got other investment that brings XXXXXXX Monthly
VO: what does the Birthing Cost?
DH: We have projected $XXXXXX and i made $XXXXXX amount available to my wife so foreign exchange wont be a barrier when its time
VO: how long do you intend to stay
me : I Said 6weeks
VO: where would you be staying, have you got family?
DH: Yes we got family... but when i'm around we would be doing airbnb
DH: I will only be around before the baby....
VO: Gave us the white paper and said pick up your pasport in 3 days...
We got our passports on friday and now a long preparing for June

So thats about it...... thank you everyone.... when i fly i will come and give my story....

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerbliss: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
UmmZayd:

You should report this immediately if you know nothing about it. And how did she get to have your son's SSN??
Read more about it here.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayer-guide-to-identity-theft

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-theft-dependents

It was sent to her mail , does anyone know if it can affect us in any way

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 6:42am On Jan 30, 2022
Docduc:
In the Spirit of Giving Back:
i had my kids in 2014 and 2016 respectively... my visa expired in 2018 and never had the urge of renewing couple with the fact that i saw a lot of folks get refused.... 2020 i booked my appointment and i got my first date cancelled due to the pandemic, i completely lost the urge till i discovered i was pregnant and i tried rebooking and got date june 2023. I applied for medical emergency due to the fact that all my pregnancy were high risk and they had to be managed and i got approved.

First was the queue for biometrics then we were directed to join the interview queue...
My DH asked i bring out all our passport. I was like why? he said please give them to me.

DH: For Medicals, My wife is pregnant and we would like to give birth in the same hospital we had our previous kids
DH: Wife lost a pregnancy once and thats an experience we wont want to take the risk
DH: He checked and could not find it in our document.....I did not bring that, its in the car
DH: We have projected $XXXXXX and i made $XXXXXX amount available to my wife so foreign exchange wont be a barrier when its time

So thats about it...... thank you everyone.... when i fly i will come and give my story....

Congratulations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
Drop box is back if ur visa expires not more than 24 months.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 12:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Alhamdulillah!!! Drop box is back. The struggle for date refused now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kennyliza: 4:40am On Feb 01, 2022
[quote author=Docduc post=109795760]In the Spirit of Giving Back:

Hello Docduc, may I private chat you please? I need your urgent help in going about this medical emergency appointment please, thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by morganchimex: 7:36am On Feb 01, 2022
purpleribbon:
Alhamdulillah!!! Drop box is back. The struggle for date refused now.

Please before we rush and cancel our appointments, especially for those with 2022 appointment date be informed that your passport will stay with the embassy for a maximum of 60 days after IW application and currently no date for IW on their portal.
My appointment is in April 2022 and I rather attend my interview and recieve my passport after 3 days than do IW and be tensed for a complete 2 months after application.
Pls let's be guided and don't rush to cancel appointment that is close by

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anuijadu: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.
I am new here and would like to ask some questions.
I intend giving birth to my �� and this would be my 3rd birth process after the 1st 2in Nigeria. Though this time it’s a set of Twin.
I am about applying for emergency interview and I do not have a letter from a doctor in Nigeria. Please advice if my scan results is good enough to be granted emergency interview.
Thank you and God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
anuijadu:
Good afternoon everyone.
I am new here and would like to ask some questions.
I intend giving birth to my �� and this would be my 3rd birth process after the 1st 2in Nigeria. Though this time it’s a set of Twin.
I am about applying for emergency interview and I do not have a letter from a doctor in Nigeria. Please advice if my scan results is good enough to be granted emergency interview.
Thank you and God bless

Congratulations. But apart from the letter from your Nigerian Physician, you will still need US billing documents and all other supporting documents. Yes, the scan results are okay but will you can get a written statement from your Nigerian doctor to back everything up, it will make sense too.

Best of luck and safe delivery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.