Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 (31072 Views)

Prophet Agyei Agyeman Fredua Predicted Ebony Reigns' Death In 2017. Fans React / 10 Ridiculous Ways Christmas Is Celebrated By Some Nigerians / What Has God Done For You In 2017; That Deserves His Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by sonofthunder: 11:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

and the best way you thought you could explain it is to invoke a fictional book and movie? seriously? do you know what kinda slippery slope that brings? I do understand you were just trying to explain but using Harry Potter sounds like schoolboy error and actually lends credence to your "opponent"s arguments while weakening your own
point noted. BTW the example they are making use of comes from where? let me guess, a real life swimming pool documentary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by blingxx(m): 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
yaksnet:
Coming back to comment

This one still believe Jesus was born on December 25th cheesy... Chai see brain washing
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by sonofthunder: 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I am still waiting for the list of supernatural things atheists can believe in without believing in a God who is also supernatural. Or are you feigning ignorance all of a sudden? grin
the comment is still invisible, you just wait for it to undergo evolution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by hopefulLandlord: 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
sonofthunder:

the comment is still invisible, you just wait for it to undergo evolution.

you don't need to share in his ignorance, a simple googling of many religions atheists can be involved in would show this or maybe Kingebukasblog topic "Religion without god god without religion" or something would be educative enough, you can ask for clarifications from him after all atheists are liars and you'll believe a Christian more

alternatively, you can check out Raelism, Confucianism, Jainism, Buddhism, Taoism, Shintoism to mention a few
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by sonofthunder: 12:13am On Dec 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you don't need to share in his ignorance, a simple googling of many religions atheists can be involved in would show this or maybe Kingebukasblog topic "Religion without god god without religion" or something would be educative enough, you can ask for clarifications from him after all atheists are liars and you'll believe a Christian more

alternatively, you can check out Raelism, Confucianism, Jainism, Buddhism, Taoism, Shintoism to mention a few
I have to apologize here, seems my boredom and free time has gotten the better of me. I think I have actually seen a few of such things about a year ago here on nairaland but unless I missed a post or two where the 'flying buttered lion' went overboard, I don't see why jonnydon22 couldn't give an example or two.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by tintingz(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Jackbizzle please pull yourself together Sir. There are lots of quests watching you.

Let me present another perspective on the esteemed Butterflyl1on;s example for the sake of simplicity. Your insults to Butterflyl1on, did it come from your invisible mind? Did you feel your invisible insult?

To prove you wrong, I just touched an INVISIBLE POOL. Why cant you ? Do you have problems with your invisible imagination?
@bold, you mean you are asking someone to join your madness? Like believing there's an invisible pool?

Sir, kindly drop that weed!

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by tintingz(m): 12:59am On Dec 27, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Dude will you stop being a fool already? Here you are now talking about SWIMMING IN THIS INVISIBLE POOL when I never mentioned water or even swimming in it. ALL I SAID WAS THAT I HAD AN INVISIBLE POOL AT THE BACK OF MY HOUSE.

do a collabo with budaatum. Both of you obviously speak the same language and share the same invisible imagination.

He sees invisible paving at the back of my house while you see invisible water and people swimming in this invisible pool. grin

Both of you can go ahead and throw an invisible pool party at the back of my house with my invisible pool and invisible paving.

Have a blast will you? cheesy
Going by definition of "pool" it goes with water, any logical person told there's a pool at the backyard will depict a pool of water just like God is depict with Almighty powers except you agree God is Impotent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by hopefulLandlord: 1:57am On Dec 27, 2017
sonofthunder:

I have to apologize here, seems my boredom and free time has gotten the better of me. I think I have actually seen a few of such things about a year ago here on nairaland but unless I missed a post or two where the 'flying buttered lion' went overboard, I don't see why jonnydon22 couldn't give an example or two.
perhaps he has his reasons for not giving them, it could be due to the fact that he knows the person asking the question already knows the answer while pretending not to know and using the question as a lay up to other questions (which he should've just asked instead of the chicanery)
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by Dayoara: 2:40am On Dec 27, 2017
Who that has ear let him hear that Jesus is Lord.
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 27, 2017
mujahid777:
You gave a humanist definition of what morality should be and not an atheistic one.Atheism in itself has no concept of morality.
Believing in an uncaused universe is an irrational viewpoint,hence the necessity of God.

Sounds sound but what you mean to say is that atheists may sleep with their children because they have no barometer to measure what is wrong or right. you must be talking about Sweden currently being over-run by adult rapists of Arabian stock and of a particular religion. but hey
let us be peaceful and sound in 2018
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 3:47am On Dec 27, 2017
tintingz:
Going by definition of "pool" it goes with water, any logical person told there's a pool at the backyard will depict a pool of water just like God is depict with Almighty powers except you agree God is Impotent!

Any logical person told there is an INVISIBLE POOL in my backyard would ask the right questions and not assume that an invisible pool is an everyday occurrence.

swimming pool
noun
a tank or large artificial basin, as of concrete, for filling with water for swimming.

As you can see, the definition speaks of the structure and not the content.
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 3:56am On Dec 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

perhaps he has his reasons for not giving them, it could be due to the fact that he knows the person asking the question already knows the answer while pretending not to know and using the question as a lay up to other questions (which he should've just asked instead of the chicanery)

Wow so now Johnydon22 has supernatural abilities and can read minds? grin

So he knows what I am thinking now? Oh Johny boy is this true? Could this be the reason why you are either afraid or ashamed to name those supernatural things atheists believe in yet disbelieve in the existence of God who is also supernatural? cheesy

And as for you hopefullandlord I see you also can read minds so why not go ahead and ask those questions you felt I should have gone ahead to ask.

You guys run when the heat is on and only return when it gets cooler in order to spin more of your bullshìt cheesy I dey wait una from every and any side.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by JackBizzle: 4:36am On Dec 27, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Any logical person told there is an INVISIBLE POOL in my backyard would ask the right questions and not assume that an invisible pool is an everyday occurrence.

swimming pool
noun
a tank or large artificial basin, as of concrete, for filling with water for swimming.

This is why Johnydon22 refrained from answering butterflyl1ons questions.
Butterflyl1on is as dishonest as they come.

One of his special skills in dishonesty is to specially select definitions that never carry the true meaning of a word bit support his arguments.

We all know what a swimming pool means. .No one expects am empty hole when a friend says that he has a swimming pool n his backyard.

Furthermore, the definition of swimming pool that this butterflyl1on put forward is not the complete one. He dishonestly edit d out the part that contradicts his point.

Shameless!

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 4:46am On Dec 27, 2017
JackBizzle:

This is why Johnydon22 refrained from answering butterflyl1ons questions.
Butterflyl1on is as dishonest as they come.

One of his special skills in dishonesty is to specially select definitions that never carry the true meaning of a word bit support his arguments.

We all know what a swimming pool means. .No one expects am empty hole when a friend says that he has a swimming pool n his backyard.

Furthermore, the definition of swimming pool that this butterflyl1on put forward is not the complete one. He dishonestly edit d out the part that contradicts his point.

Shameless!

Post your complete one. grin

Dude a swimming pool is the structure. I know you are struggling with illiteracy right now but if you were exposed to a more civilized environment and you mention that you have a pool they would ask you if it has water in it or you would hear people making comments like "hey Jack could you please FILL THE POOL WITH WATER"?

This shows you that pools do not always come with water in them and this is why they get drained of water at intervals for sake of cleaning so you can have an empty pool at your back yard.

#growSomeSense.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by JackBizzle: 4:51am On Dec 27, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Post your complete one. grin

Dude a swimming pool is the structure. I know you are struggling with illiteracy right now but if you were exposed to a more civilized environment and you mention that you have a pool they would ask you if it has water in it or you would hear people making comments like "hey Jack could you please FILL THE POOL WITH WATER"?

This shows you that pools do not always come with water in them and this is why they get drained of water at intervals for sake of cleaning so you can have an empty pool at your back yard.

#growSomeSense.

Why should I post the complete definition? It is better for me to let you think that you are deceiving everyone whereas you are decieving yourself.

It seems your dishonesty will continue into 2018. You are even helping me as more and more choratians will see how dishonest and illogical their apologists are.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 5:06am On Dec 27, 2017
JackBizzle:

Why should I post the complete definition? It is better for me to let you think that you are deceiving everyone whereas you are decieving yourself.

It seems your dishonesty will continue into 2018. You are even helping me as more and more choratians will see how dishonest and illogical their apologists are.

Thanks a lot.

Ogbeni you are shamelessly pathetic to say the least grin

You accuse me of cherry picking a definition so I dared you to post your own full version and see you turning stammerer cheesy

The fact is that you think you are smart even when putting on a dumb suit. I have repeatedly shown you how dumb you truly are and will not relent until you start growing some sense.

Na only you see water for inside invisible pool and na only you see swimmers inside the invisible pool and na only you say swimming pools ARE MADE OF WATER. chaiiiiiii that was the height of your stupidity for me. grin cheesy

You better shut up and bury your head in shame. That empty hole you talk about is actually the swimming pool. The water is the additive to enable swimming but the hole aka the structure is what is known as a swimming pool.

I am amazed that you could be this dumb about such things in 2017 closure. grin This shows that your 2018 has absolutely no hope on the intelligent side for you

From Wikipedia

A swimming pool, swimming bath, wading pool, or paddling pool is a structure designed to hold water to enable swimming

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by hopefulLandlord: 5:54am On Dec 27, 2017
@sonofthunder, just for educative purpose I'll answer the question why an atheist can believe in the supernatural while not believing in god (who is claimed to be supernatural)

The logic of people asking the question goes like this

P1 atheist doesn't believe there is a god

P2 An atheist can still believe in the supernatural

P3 God is supernatural

P4; P2+P3 means an atheist that believes in supernatural should also believe god exists

C An atheist that believes in supernatural but doesn't believe in a god is a joker

while it looks sensible and watertight (although P3 is a claim that still needs to be supported as one can replace "god" with Bigfoot or Unicorn or dragon), we nevertheless see a modal fallacy committed at P4, that one believes in a particular realm's existence doesn't automatically mean one should accept any claim based on that realm, let me use an example to buttress that point

Sonofthunder: There was a ship that sank on 15 April 1912, this ship was called "Titanic" and that was where a poor man called Jack Dawson sacrificed his life for rich girl Rose DeWitt Bukater out of love

sonofthunder's listener: I don't think any of that happened

You then show him some proof of the ship, maybe you flew him and used submarine to get to the location of the ship and the ship actually does fit the description of what you told the listener or whatever you did was enough to convince him Titanic did sank
you guys get back on dry land and he says "while I'm convinced a big ship did sank and it looked as aged as a century old ship both in design and decay, I still don't believe jack and rose part is real"

You'd agree that accepting the Titanic did sank doesn't automatically mean any story told about it should also be taken at face value

also if I claim to have £1B cash in my house, you can believe I have a house after "proving" that to you while still doubting the "£1B cash" part

in the same vein, that a Nigerian doubts spiderman is real doesn't mean one just shows him New York and expects New York to be proof of spiderman to him all because Spiderman is said to live in New York

that someone accepts England is real doesn't mean he should also accept Hogwarts is real

One can still believe Gotham City is real and Batman is not and vice versa

one can accept a character called Jesus existed without accepting he's son of god

I hope I've been able to explain well and do feel free to ask any question
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 8:05am On Dec 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
@sonofthunder, just for educative purpose I'll answer the question why an atheist can believe in the supernatural while not believing in god (who is claimed to be supernatural)

The logic of people asking the question goes like this

P1 atheist doesn't believe there is a god

P2 An atheist can still believe in the supernatural

P3 God is supernatural

P4; P2+P3 means an atheist that believes in supernatural should also believe god exists

C An atheist that believes in supernatural but doesn't believe in a god is a joker

while it looks sensible and watertight (although P3 is a claim that still needs to be supported as one can replace "god" with Bigfoot or Unicorn or dragon), we nevertheless see a modal fallacy committed at P4, that one believes in a particular realm's existence doesn't automatically mean one should accept any claim based on that realm, let me use an example to buttress that point

Sonofthunder: There was a ship that sank on 15 April 1912, this ship was called "Titanic" and that was where a poor man called Jack Dawson sacrificed his life for rich girl Rose DeWitt Bukater out of love

sonofthunder's listener: I don't think any of that happened

You then show him some proof of the ship, maybe you flew him and used submarine to get to the location of the ship and the ship actually does fit the description of what you told the listener or whatever you did was enough to convince him Titanic did sank
you guys get back on dry land and he says "while I'm convinced a big ship did sank and it looked as aged as a century old ship both in design and decay, I still don't believe jack and rose part is real"

You'd agree that accepting the Titanic did sank doesn't automatically mean any story told about it should also be taken at face value

also if I claim to have £1B cash in my house, you can believe I have a house after "proving" that to you while still doubting the "£1B cash" part

in the same vein, that a Nigerian doubts spiderman is real doesn't mean one just shows him New York and expects New York to be proof of spiderman to him all because Spiderman is said to live in New York

that someone accepts England is real doesn't mean he should also accept Hogwarts is real

One can still believe Gotham City is real and Batman is not and vice versa

one can accept a character called Jesus existed without accepting he's son of god

I hope I've been able to explain well and do feel free to ask any question

If this was meant to be for educative purposes and you were the teacher then you need to be flogged for being unable to teach or listen properly to questions asked.

The question was a rather simple one and it went thus:

Provide a list of the supernatural things atheists can believe in and yet disbelieve in the existence of God who is also supernatural so we can peruse and assess them.

Instead of doing this you are going on a rather lengthy explanation spree which is typical even in a classroom of a teacher who does not know his onions.

Provide the list and stop trying to educate people who know more than you do already.

You claim that atheists can believe in the supernatural yet disbelieve in God who is also supernatural and I asked for this list of supernatural things they can freely believe in and here we are with the normal "em em em you need to understand me first" teacher mumbling. grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by tintingz(m): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2017
butterflyl1on:

swimming pool
noun

Why are you being dishonest? You're getting boring.

The question you put up was "INVISIBLE POOL" not "SWIMMING POOL".

pool

a small area of still water, typically one formed naturally.

Was the pool made up there or appear naturally?, you didn't touched that.

Let's agree it's swimming pool, what's swimming pool meant for? Or what's the definition of "SWIMMING"? If I told a logical person I have a SWIMMING pool at the backyard of my house tell the first picture he's going have about the SWIMMING pool?

Swimming pool are not usually empty, even the definition still recognized water!

And there's nothing wrong asking "show me" the invisible pool at first, question is question because the person will still ask how are you able to see it and I can't?

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 8:51am On Dec 27, 2017
tintingz:

pool

Let's agree it's swimming pool, what's swimming pool meant for? Or what's the definition of "SWIMMING"? If I told a logical person I have a SWIMMING pool at the backyard of my house tell the first picture he's going have about the SWIMMING pool?

Swimming pool are not usually empty, even the definition still recognized water!

And there's nothing wrong asking "show me" the invisible pool at first, question is question because the person will still ask how are you able to see it and I can't?

Please I do not like it when rètards mention me anyhow. You and your fellow atheists are proving to be so on the daily

1. I never began the swimming pool talk. An atheist like you named deicide did. I only added INVISIBLE so it would seem like a better comparison when talking about supernatural things.

2. The word is SWIMMING POOL and not POOL. everywhere in the world a swimming pool is the structure that houses the water and not the water. You do not say "a swimming pool of water", you say a pool of water. Right here we are talking about SWIMMING POOL AND NOT POOL so you can thank me for the educational brush up.

3. Now you ask if the invisible swimming pool was natural or constructed? grin (jackbizzle take note)

4. Anyone in a civilized environment who gets told that I own a swimming pool would immediately ask if it's dry or has water in it. (google is your friend) in fact this shows that a lot of you atheists lack common sense or intelligence and simply argue to be seen and heard.

5. If today there is nothing wrong with asking someone to show you an INVISIBLE swimming pool then it makes me wonder whatever happened to INVISIBLE MEANING UNABLE TO BE SEEN? cheesy

major fail from you and I ain't surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by JackBizzle: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2017
tintingz:

pool

You are wasting time with butterflyl1on. He is dishonest even to himself.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by ScienceWatch: 9:05am On Dec 27, 2017
tintingz:
@bold, you mean you are asking someone to join your madness? Like believing there's an invisible pool?

Why accuse me falsely of using illegal drugs. False accusations are symptoms produce by th a new drug flooding the world. Are you using FLAKKA

Let me repeat, I have touched the esteemed Butterfly1on's INVISIBLE POOL.

Ignore your withdrawal symptoms and prove scientifically that I am wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by ScienceWatch: 9:06am On Dec 27, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Lol damn loud.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 9:06am On Dec 27, 2017
JackBizzle:

You are wasting time with butterflyl1on. He is dishonest even to himself.

grin cheesy

Says the dummy who still cannot provide his own full definition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by johnydon22(m): 9:15am On Dec 27, 2017
The kind dumbb shhit you guys pay much attention to and argue over is mind boggling

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 9:23am On Dec 27, 2017
johnydon22:
The kind dumbb shhit you guys pay much attention to and argue over is mind boggling

Agreed! So let's argue over your comment that atheists can believe in the supernatural but not in God even when God is seen as being supernatural.

So can you now provide this list of supernatural things atheists can believe in while in the same breath disbelieve in the existence of God.

I am sure you would agree that, this would be some intelligent shït to dialogue about yes? Or are you still suffering from amnesia?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by dalaman: 10:00am On Dec 27, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Agreed! So let's argue over your comment that atheists can believe in the supernatural but not in God even when God is seen as being supernatural.

So can you now provide this list of supernatural things atheists can believe in while in the same breath disbelieve in the existence of God.

I am sure you would agree that, this would be some intelligent shït to dialogue about yes? Or are you still suffering from amnesia?

I've been following your argument that God is supernatural as such can not be aacessed through natural means. How do you as a natural man get in contact with this supernatural God? Do you use natural means or supernatural means when getting in touch with this God to know that it is real ?
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2017
dalaman:

I've been following your argument that God is supernatural as such can not be aacessed through natural means. How do you as a natural man get in contact with this supernatural God? Do you use natural means or supernatural means when getting in touch with this God to know that it is real ?

I know you have volunteered to be my distraction from my quest grin

Kolewerk! I will deal with the issue at hand first which is that I need that list of supernatural things an atheist can believe in while disbelieving in the existence of God who is also supernatural.

Do you wish to volunteer this list and let's tackle it? I am sure that as we begin to tackle it we would also conclusively deal with your question as it is all in the mix. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by ScienceWatch: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2017
tintingz:

Could It be that you are using FLAKKA? The wind is totally invisible yet you can see it blow your girls dress up. Right? The Holy SPIRIT is invisible yet you can see a man's broken bone healed instantly. Right? I know you are totally confused now. That's why I must stop here.
All the best for the festive season.

Oh, you missed the powerful lesson from the highly esteemed Butterfly1on.

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by ScienceWatch: 10:27am On Dec 27, 2017
johnydon22:
AAaaaaaaaah. Lol. I agree with you that your full mind is BOGGLED. You too have missed the powerful abstract, spiritual lesson from Butterfly1on. I am beginning to understand why you and Low-Level ATHEISTS also attack the esteemed VAXX and Kingebukasblog.

Don't use FLAKKA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by dalaman: 10:27am On Dec 27, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I know you have volunteered to be my distraction from my quest grin

Kolewerk! I will deal with the issue at hand first which is that I need that list of supernatural things an atheist can believe in while disbelieving in the existence of God who is also supernatural.

Do you wish to volunteer this list and let's tackle it? I am sure that as we begin to tackle it we would also conclusively deal with your question as it is all in the mix. grin

Am asking you a question that has nothing to do with what you asked johnny.
Re: Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 by butterflyl1on: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2017
dalaman:

Am asking you a question that has nothing to do with what you asked johnny.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it or do you pretend not to see it? grin cheesy
Let me repost the last part of my comment for sake of typing energy.

Do you wish to volunteer this list and let's tackle it? I am sure that as we begin to tackle it we would also conclusively deal with your question as it is all in the mix.

I dey wait.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter / Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.